Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 25, 2009 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Canaan has pretty good eyes and has great skills when she was little which shouldn't be much of a surprise^^ I think it's reasonable if Canaan wants to kill Alphard after what she did back then so hopefully we can see them cross skills :) the quality of the papers floating in the air are pretty good :D and I can see Maria just loves her food^^

Btw, Alphard looks stunning in her dress :D but the action between her and Canaan in the women’s restroom is good to watch^^
ShanaFlameJul 25, 2009 9:37 PM
Jul 26, 2009 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
I love the next week episode preview when Yunyun was stuffing nikuman in her chest agai- I mean this episode was nice, seeing how Canaan was raised.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode, great to see their past, and why they hate each other.
The washroom scene was nice. Alphard looks stunning in the dress.

Next ep looks funny with Lin and the manju buns Hahaha.
Jul 26, 2009 9:13 AM

Jul 2009
Just about too watch episode 4
Jul 26, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2007
DarkDemonz said:

But why does Alphard hate Canaan? We don't know that yet, do we? She knew the guy she killed at least.
Jul 26, 2009 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
Missy said:
DarkDemonz said:

But why does Alphard hate Canaan? We don't know that yet, do we? She knew the guy she killed at least.

Its probably the dude she killed said that Canaan aint like Alphard and him or something. Dude probably knows Alphard even before he met Canaan.
Jul 26, 2009 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
awesome, im really liking this series more as i continue to watch, cant wait for the next one to air.
Jul 26, 2009 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
The taxi driver better show up at leased once in every episode from now on, he's my favorite character by far.

Jul 26, 2009 11:56 AM

Feb 2008
Great anime series so far. It's nice to see Caanan's past and why she hates and wishes to kill Alphard, but why does Alphard and that Qi Liang girl hate Canaan so much? Is she jealous of Canaan? But why? Hates her so much she'd create a scene at the party by smashing her head into the glass! I'm interested to hear her story next.

Bathroom fight scene was great, the animations of this anime is superb as proven with the papers flying scene during the protest. So professional the paper was transparent the way real paper would look through light.

so far this anime is 10/10.
Jul 26, 2009 11:57 AM

Mar 2009
taxi driver is too awesome .. Alphard is GODDESS
Jul 26, 2009 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
More screen time for Canaan, less for Maria, please.
Jul 26, 2009 12:28 PM

Jul 2009
GODDESS LIANG QI IN A DRESS <333...Tall badass dude(Shan?) in the OP showed up...Taxi driver re-appeared...Santana...Canaan VS. Alphard !!!!

*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*

I...am...CUMMINGS !!!!

Good ep was ruined by damn Moe shit girl, Kudos for Chinese girl to tell Moe shit girl that she was stupid & fuck off outta China d(-_-)b Goodness, I swear that the F**king reporter couple is like this show's mood destroyer or somthing...Whenever they appeared, the show turns shitty for some weird reason...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 26, 2009 12:32 PM

Jul 2009
minotaur199 said:
Missy said:
DarkDemonz said:

Its probably the dude she killed said that Canaan aint like Alphard and him or something. Dude probably knows Alphard even before he met Canaan.

Nah, do you even hear the famous phrase "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned" ? Its J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y, man. Alphard was pissed off that Shan turns out to be a Lolicon & pay no more attention to her hence she killed the poor guy out of JEALOUSY ;)

Jul 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Jul 2009
abrasicu said:
minotaur199 said:
Missy said:
DarkDemonz said:

Nah, do you even hear the famous phrase "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned" ? Its J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y, man. Alphard was pissed off that Shan turns out to be a Lolicon & pay no more attention to her hence she killed the poor guy out of JEALOUSY ;)

I agree with that. Its J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y all over the place, man. And about your previous post something tells me that you'd give 6/5 rating for this episode XD
Jul 26, 2009 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
minotaur199 said:
abrasicu said:
minotaur199 said:
Missy said:
DarkDemonz said:

I agree with that. Its J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y all over the place, man. And about your previous post something tells me that you'd give 6/5 rating for this episode XD

Damn, are you psychic or something 0-o? Yeah, I would gladly give it 100/5 if not for the reporter couple's presence and as I said in the prev. ep thread, as long as I can still see GODDESS LIANG QI, I will always grade it 5/5 no matter how bad the ep is until the show's end.

Jul 26, 2009 12:57 PM

Mar 2007
Awesome.
Jul 26, 2009 1:24 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another stunning episode, I love the visuals and the action is great, too. Glad our Chinese girl got some screentime as well. I also enjoy how they're doing the previews.

So basically...
Sobzob said:
Awesome.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 26, 2009 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
Ah we get to see the chinese taxi driver again =D
interesting how Canaan's eye works too

Alphard vs Canaan , Alphard's win lol

cyruz said:

So basically...
Sobzob said:
Awesome.

I 110% agree =D
Jul 26, 2009 2:19 PM

Feb 2009
Catfight in restroom fanservice? Cool.

Since Canaan and Alphard are both, sort of, the daughters of master Naked Snake (check out the voice actor for Sham), I bet Alphard left Canaan alive because she needs her as a pawn in some conspiracy to rule the world with nuclear terrorism using a badass next-gen tank. Or maybe not. :)

Still, it does seem that Alphard wanted Canaan to fight with hatred, to prove that she's not different, just an animal that kills. Much like what that punk last episode wanted to prove to Maria too.

Oh and Yun Yun pointed out something so true: Maria is retarded.
AlexstratzJul 26, 2009 2:27 PM
Jul 26, 2009 2:27 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode yet. Canaan's backstory is something that's been done to death, but seeing her and Maria deal with their respective problems was wonderfully done. All the other characters are awesome too-not much originality persay, but they all have their moments of being cute, sympathetic and/or cool. And all that eye candy to boot-everything just as you'd expect from the director of Sword of the Stranger, but Canaan will probably turn out even better.
Jul 26, 2009 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
Another great episode.

Jul 26, 2009 4:03 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, just... wow. This episode was pure awesomeness.
Jul 26, 2009 4:13 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, nice to get some backstory. Poor Canaan is having it pretty rough right now, hopefully she'll recover soon enough.

Jul 26, 2009 4:17 PM

Nov 2007
Beleive that they all knew each other, all three. Since the flash back, when Canaan was getting the tatoo done " I think" while the dude was there, saying that she doesn't have to go through with it.
Then she said" Something about being a family. So believe all 3 knew each other for sure, since Canaan and Alphard has the tatoo.
Jul 26, 2009 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
THE CAB DRIVER RETURNS
Jul 26, 2009 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
That was intense.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 26, 2009 4:58 PM

Jul 2009
GarLogan78 said:
THE CAB DRIVER RETURNS
Someone seriously needs to start a fan club for that guy, I would totally join. He is so awesome.

The episode was really good. Should be funny to see what comes of Oosawa and that girl with the meat buns ;D
Jul 26, 2009 5:15 PM

Aug 2008
My only complain this time is the subs... they were lousy... and the font was standard and sooo hard to read... plus the timig was a little bit funny.... Man what an amazing episode peps!!!! So lame Maria is frightened of super kewl Canaan, but tries to remember the good times and now wants to see her again... Oh well.... SO we know now a lil' bit more of ALphard's and Canaan's past.... nice I really like it... So Canaan was instructed by this Shan guy... is he really dead? Something tells me he's not dead.... just a weird hunch.... I love the show... And oh my goshnesss!!! the Crazy Chinese Taxi Driver came back! Lol as always... Singing poppy songs XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 6:22 PM

Sep 2008
You should have chosen/waited for gg subs release instead of FMS which came out before gg and is most likely the one you watched. I heard their timing was off, like you said.
YoshiBoshiJul 26, 2009 6:26 PM
Jul 26, 2009 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
Alphard is so awesome. <333 But aww the poor sweetheart, losing her love interest (?). I hope Shan's still alive though. But isn't he a bit old to be her lover? Or am I just jumping to conclusions?
Jul 26, 2009 7:42 PM

Sep 2008
Yuri? :D
Jul 26, 2009 8:02 PM
Jul 2008
Great ep. Good to see Canaan's history but we've yet to see why, exactly, Canaan and Alphard hate each other. Obviously there was some sort of betrayal, but I'm interested in seeing what lead to it. Canaan charging Alphard in the train and screaming her name tells me there was more going on than Alphard simply killing her mentor. Hopefully we'll get to see that along with how Alphard got into the terrorism biz.

Great action in the restroom. I was hoping we'd get to see those two throw down soon. I got my wish hehe. I guess also, Canaan isn't quite the bad-ass we thought she was. Alphard seemed to have the upper-hand in that one.

And, even though I like Maria, gotta agree she came off as a lil' loopy in this episode >.> Seems like the kinda girl who lives in her own little world, and only visits ours when necessary.
Jul 26, 2009 8:26 PM

May 2009
Awesome backstory.
Awesome chinese girl.
Awesome cab driver.
Awesome Alphard in dress.
Awesome bathroom fight.

Awesome :P
Jul 26, 2009 9:22 PM
May 2008
Such a cliched backstory but I guess it is better than nothing... and at least nice to know. Other than that a fine episode and the fight in the bathroom was well animated as well as pretty damn cool.

The taxi driver better be in every episode from now on as well as the Chinese girl.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 26, 2009 9:34 PM

Aug 2007
ClearSinz said:

cyruz said:

So basically...
Sobzob said:
Awesome.

Add to the fact that gg released the episode with a vocaloid/Black Rock Shooter ad at the end, and you get 500% awesomeness.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 26, 2009 9:35 PM

Jun 2008
Alphard <3

Does anyone else love Hakko?
Jul 26, 2009 11:00 PM

Jul 2009
curvethatbullet said:
Alphard <3

Hakko? Who is it ? The multi part-time jobs Chinese gal ?

Jul 27, 2009 12:06 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome backstory and also finding out Alphard's connection witin Canaan. And what a perfect time for the epic taxi driver to show up.
Jul 27, 2009 12:17 AM

Dec 2007
stunning episode. my opinion of CANAAN is continuously raised with each passing episode.
Jul 27, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2008
abrasicu said:
curvethatbullet said:
Alphard <3

Hakko? Who is it ? The multi part-time jobs Chinese gal ?

Hakko is the mute woman.
Jul 27, 2009 12:42 AM
Jul 2009
Hinata020 said:
but why does Alphard and that Qi Liang girl hate Canaan so much? Is she jealous of Canaan? But why? Hates her so much she'd create a scene at the party by smashing her head into the glass! I'm interested to hear her story next.

I'm trying to figure this out too. Qi Liang is one of my favorite characters but I can't figure out why she hates Canaan so much. Perhaps jealousy. Perhaps something not revealed. Also evidently she is not Alphard's blood sister since dude at party said Alphard is an only child.

I don't think Alphard hates Canaan. She just sees her as some silly girl who wants revenge. We found out this episode Canaan is not in the same league as Alphard skill wise.

Finally, who is is who keeps calling Qi Liang?

Anywayz, best series I've seen in a long time.
Jul 27, 2009 12:54 AM

Jul 2009
It would be crazy if that "chinese chick with lots of part time jobs" was the main villain XD Imagine her as the brains of whole organization! But thats probably not going to happen. She is probably a spy of some sort or something.
Jul 27, 2009 1:41 AM

May 2009
Awesome episode, but I was watching it with some shit subs.
I love that taxi driver.
Jul 27, 2009 3:55 AM

Dec 2008
After the last episodes 2 and 3, I was thinking about dropping this show
but with episode I was more than satisfied ; )

finally we got some infos about Canaans backround
Jul 27, 2009 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
stAtic91 said:
Awesome backstory.
Awesome chinese girl.
Awesome cab driver.
Awesome Alphard in dress.
Awesome bathroom fight.

Awesome :P

SUGOI!!!!!! /end maria

Taxi Driver > Canaan > Alphard > Siam > Everyone else

what i like about canaan (the anime) is how it sticks to it's visual novel description xD... how people from a variety of walks of life are intertwined within events...

so far they've introduced and developed every character pretty good
Jul 27, 2009 4:27 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode, liked it a lot. Nice to see into Canaan's past and what brought about her hatred but also her current struggles because of it and Maria's picking up of spirit and all.
Jul 27, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
Wow Maria, Canaan shot the boy to save your life, what a shocking thing to realize =/. Cab driver was full of awesome, he ought to stick around more.
Jul 27, 2009 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
Canaan's back story was nice.
Jul 27, 2009 9:13 AM
Mar 2009
Best episode so far in the series, a lot of tension built up in this episode to go along with the drama. Canaan fighting Alphard in the bathroom was an epic scene. The only thing that irked me in this episode was Maria acting all emo over the fact that Canaan tried to save her life. Is she that dumb?
Jul 27, 2009 9:35 AM

Feb 2008
Noriym said:
I don't think Alphard hates Canaan. She just sees her as some silly girl who wants revenge. We found out this episode Canaan is not in the same league as Alphard skill wise.

canaan wasn't using her eyes and it was more a psychological confrontation than a fight, i wouldn't say canaan isn't in the same league.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this clip from?

Kitsune_089 - May 4

4 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 4, 8:03 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.