Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]
Feb 21, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
CookingPriest said:
HE failed at everything he set out to achieve and only made the matters worse in ever case he was involved in

And him "trying to help vers" will most likely lead to Inaho winning.

So yes, that DOES count as failing every step of the way

Please admit that the above comment is purely based on your own biases, because really? He failed at EVERYTHING every step of the way? Really?

Before I mention his achievements how about we hold off on speculations on how the series will end. His "trying to help Vers" might actually amount to something. In the end, we don't know if things will turn to shit or not. Based on Aldnoah's faulty storytelling it can go anyway.

Slaine's accomplishments: First, his primarily goal was to confirm whether the princess was actually dead. He did. Even managed to kill the idiot martian that was going to go after her again.

He also escaped Cruhteo's ship (alone, mind you) to go confirm that she was with the orange kataphrakt. Where he proceeded to save everyone. I think lots of people are missing a key scene from episode 7. That martian lady was going to kill everyone...even Inaho thought they were doomed, he ran out of bullets and at the last moment Slaine came and saved them (and was later thanked by being interrogated which led to him being shot down--his fault too but thats a different conversation, let it die). What would have happened if he never intervened? Inaho would be dead and the only useful member keeping the Deucalion afloat would result in that martian killing everyone (including the princess). So it was an achievement. Simply looking at the negative side to this event (him being shot down, captured and tortured) is one-sided and bias.

Instead of losing his shit after the Sauzbaum shot the princess he made the wise decision to use him instead of shooting him and ending up some outlaw with no power (which would have been "made matters worse" as you put it). This landed him his current position of a count (lots of power there). And also resulted in saving the princess from certain death. She may be unconscious but he did retrieve her, which was his goal.

Also if he failed at every step he wouldn't have won in that duel, would have lost his privilege of being the princess' guardian or just be dead.
Feb 21, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2008
Inugirlz said:
CookingPriest said:
HE failed at everything he set out to achieve and only made the matters worse in ever case he was involved in

And him "trying to help vers" will most likely lead to Inaho winning.

So yes, that DOES count as failing every step of the way

Please admit that the above comment is purely based on your own biases, because really? He failed at EVERYTHING every step of the way? Really?

Before I mention his achievements how about we hold off on speculations on how the series will end. His "trying to help Vers" might actually amount to something. In the end, we don't know if things will turn to shit or not. Based on Aldnoah's faulty storytelling it can go anyway.

Slaine's accomplishments: First, his primarily goal was to confirm whether the princess was actually dead. He did. Even managed to kill the idiot martian that was going to go after her again.

He also escaped Cruhteo's ship (alone, mind you) to go confirm that she was with the orange kataphrakt. Where he proceeded to save everyone. I think lots of people are missing a key scene from episode 7. That martian lady was going to kill everyone...even Inaho thought they were doomed, he ran out of bullets and at the last moment Slaine came and saved them (and was later thanked by being interrogated which led to him being shot down--his fault too but thats a different conversation, let it die). What would have happened if he never intervened? Inaho would be dead and the only useful member keeping the Deucalion afloat would result in that martian killing everyone (including the princess). So it was an achievement. Simply looking at the negative side to this event (him being shot down, captured and tortured) is one-sided and bias.

Instead of losing his shit after the Sauzbaum shot the princess he made the wise decision to use him instead of shooting him and ending up some outlaw with no power (which would have been "made matters worse" as you put it). This landed him his current position of a count (lots of power there). And also resulted in saving the princess from certain death. She may be unconscious but he did retrieve her, which was his goal.

Also if he failed at every step he wouldn't have won in that duel, would have lost his privilege of being the princess' guardian or just be dead.

He didn't escape Cruhteo's ship completely on his own. Sazbaum made Cruhteo LET him leave in order to trail him.

Also him deciding to use Sazbaum does not cancel out his utter retardation when he saved Sazbaum from Inaho which in turn endangered the princess. So that still counts it as a failure since he ALMOST lost his precious princess because of it.

ALso anything related to Lemrina and done in the name of the fake Asseylum does not count.
Feb 21, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LOL you think that will make him happy once he loses the princess? Nope it's a hollow achievment.

But an achievement nonetheless, as you say yourself. And he hasn't lost her yet (as of in the 6th episode).
Feb 21, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ALso anything related to Lemrina and done in the name of the fake Asseylum does not count.

Arbitrary. If something from this makes it through the end of the series or something grows out of it, it is still there.
Feb 21, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:

He didn't escape Cruhteo's ship completely on his own. Sazbaum made Cruhteo LET him leave in order to trail him.

Also him deciding to use Sazbaum does not cancel out his utter retardation when he saved Sazbaum from Inaho which in turn endangered the princess. So that still counts it as a failure since he ALMOST lost his precious princess because of it.

True it probably wasn't completely alone since they went easy on him, but he did find the initative to do something that dangerous on his own.

No one says it cancels out anything though. Why would you take it that way? If anything it you (well it was CookingPriest who said this) who is cancelling out the good achievements by claiming his action fail in every way.

Also it would actually count as an almost failure for the very reason that she didn't actually die. It would be an actual failure if she died.

lol why doesn't it count? I'm not contesting it, I'm just curious. Personally I find this all in the name of Asseylum dumb as well but that doesn't change the fact he's achieving things. Better than moping by her unconscious body all the time wondering if life has meaning.
Feb 21, 2015 7:45 PM

Feb 2013
Ha ha, laser-mech got shot.

Like we didn't know Slaine was gonna win (had me wondering for a bit there though).
Feb 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Jul 2008
Oh I can't wait till Slaine and her are at odds.

And of course arrogant Count got killed.
Feb 22, 2015 5:49 AM

Mar 2009
Feels like Slaine pushed a fast forward button. At the start of the series he's a Knight. Then became officially Saazbaum's son. And the next instant he's a Count too. And now a wedding.

Asseylum's waking up. Slaine will be crying of happiness. Would she retain her memories though?
Feb 24, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like there's some really töll plot incoming, or at least that's what I'm expecting. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Time for #7!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 24, 2015 4:32 PM
Jun 2014
When she finally woke up, I was so happy to see her alive and well, instead of in that fish tank. Slaine oh b**** a** was crying oh how I miss you but he has changed a whole lot if anything he will be the cause of her demise if anything and he will really loose it if they go that route. Inaho I am assuming feels that she is alive, I can only speculate because of his smile. The UEF now have problems since the Knights are going to be more organized now
Feb 24, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2014
Jcan2 said:
When she finally woke up, I was so happy to see her alive and well, instead of in that fish tank. Slaine oh b**** a** was crying oh how I miss you but he has changed a whole lot if anything he will be the cause of her demise if anything and he will really loose it if they go that route.

It feels inevitable at this stage. I'd be very surprised if it didn't go that way.

Jcan2 said:
Inaho I am assuming feels that she is alive, I can only speculate because of his smile. The UEF now have problems since the Knights are going to be more organized now

He absolutely does, though I'm not sure if he has any evidence to support that. Seems like it might be a case of him conveniently 'just knowing', unless he's basing it on something we aren't aware of yet.
Mar 2, 2015 9:20 PM
May 2012
ANGRY2011 said:
WE DID THIS LAST WEEK PEOPLE.

Let's not do it again.

Please let it die.

Damn! Am I too late to reply this? Seriously, I think I missed out something here since I'm really quite busy nowadays after I realized what just happened.

ANGRY2011 said:
I seriously doubt Asseylum would end up with Slaine. The writers would be just all over the place if they pulled something like that. All the hints we've seen so far point towards an Inaho pairing.

God, I hope the writer who did Code Geass & recent Valvrave the liberator didn't really involved in this bullcrap...

ANGRY2011 said:
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but if you're just commenting on the duel ending with a death, I was sure from the instant the duel was declared that both sides were going to go for a lethal victory. It would be the fastest way for Marlycian to get rid of Slaine and the fastest way for Slaine to show dominance.

I don't know if Vers duels are required to be to the death either, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Slaine did pretty well not only killing his foe, but saving the mech from irreparable damage.

I still have no words because of that happened I mean wow, what a way to kill off that arrogant Marlycian. Till he died of suffocation.

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!

Nobody is gonna missed him. It makes me feel cringed all of the sudden. sigh
JafriZinMar 2, 2015 9:58 PM
Mar 24, 2015 5:08 AM
May 2012
I mean It makes NO sense.
Mar 31, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
Slaine has become a son, a count, and a husband. This guy has it made.
May 1, 2015 3:44 PM

May 2012
Very nice, let's see what's next!
May 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
That sister is seriously fucked up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2015 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
Now that these battles are all that amazing, this duel was the best so far. . and no over-used soundtrack during it either!

Ratohnhaketon said:
Slaine has become a son, a count, and a husband. This guy has it made.

May 14, 2015 10:17 AM

May 2014
And now Slaine is about to become the king of the new kingdom. Not sure if that will happen now that Asseylum is awakening. Anyway this is getting very exciting.
Dec 24, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Oh shit! Another person getting Slained! A red royal wedding might be happening. Asseylum sensed that and knew she had to wake up.

RobDec 24, 2015 11:58 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 19, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2015

I hate this Inaho's new super eye thing. That stuff has everything, wifi, GPS, 400x Zoom, OIS, internet, and increases your INT. Ah, it also calculates the weight of the waifus he sees.

Slaine in the other hand, nice, that's character development. He's now a Count, husband of the princess of Vers. Wow!
Albeit, I already consider that he is past redemption regarding the Earth. He destroyed an entire station.
I change my previous opinion of him, well, opinion based on what he did in episode 12. He's a good character, and I may think even better than this new Inaho.

PD: I thought the new princess was gonna kill Asselyum but, it seems it was not the case. She's even woken up.
HumbertoZeroAug 19, 2016 9:07 AM
Dec 21, 2016 11:09 PM

Sep 2015
Rip that count (forgot his name sadly). She was joking about killing her sister Asseylum :0
Looks like when Asseylum will get Slaine as her husband when she gets out of that healing chamber #ArrangedMarriage
Apr 5, 2018 8:21 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Marylcian vs. Slaine ends in this episode. It was just a waste of time. The part in Earth with Inaho was bad. Interesting ending. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 13, 2020 4:37 PM

Feb 2018
Good jobs Inaho-san xD.
Jun 11, 2020 9:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow that was fast. Once again another Knight Orbital dies, one by one. Ofc, thanks to Inaho for his godly eyes which even can see ants in the moon. A fucking ridiculous eyes i've ever seen. However, Inko just trust Inaho so fast really irked me. Loved really blind people, eh?

The battle in the moon was not so good. Slaine ofc win. The other Knight just shit. Look how Saazbaum just died, he can't even had a chance. However, some scenes in the end really shocked me. Slaine and that princess married? That sister princess really had a bad day, and revenge made the situations even worst there. It even made the Inaho's plan goes into some difficult situations too. Lets hope Mazuurek can be a good spy, there. And, with the Asyllum opening her eyes, i must said : 'good morning, my lady, had you a good dream?'

Lets see how she can tell to Slaine the real situations between her and the earth forces....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2020 12:13 AM

Aug 2018
Of course Slaine wins the dual. I did not expect that at all............

Apr 24, 2021 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
Slaine has himself a fiancée. Not surprised there, since princess Lumine wants everything the original princess had.
Aug 29, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
What a dumb fucking bitch and a failure of a soldier Yuki is, she almost singlehandedly compromised the entire operation and not only that, she should be charged with insubordination to disobey Inaho's command. The fuck does she think she is? The only purpose she fulfilled is to be a damn bait for the enemy, a perfect role for the lowliest and most incompetent of a soldier.

Asseylum's sister announcing to take Slaine as her husband whilst disguising as the real Asseylum is the most bullshit lie she has ever spouted, what the fuck. At this point, Slaine is just using Asseylum as his little toy and taking advantage of her sister whom he has swayed to serve his ambition. Forget being a count, he's straight-up aiming to become the next fucking Emperor, he doesn't have a dream, but he sure as hell do have a mighty ambition. Seems like he learned a thing or two about long term strategy from his encounters with Inaho...

Meanwhile Inaho has to deal with a bunch of lowly incompetent braindead comrades.
Aug 23, 2023 8:07 PM

Dec 2022
Inaho's eye is way too overpowered, that it makes no sense how on earth can possibly lose if they just had drones with this technology imprinted on them... hell, just scrap the whole mechs thing and have an army of eye users.
Apr 21, 11:32 AM

Dec 2022
The haughty count dude got owned, as expected.

Wonder if Slaine will throw Lemrina away once he discovers that Asseylum is regaining consciousness. With his new, ruthless disposition he seems to have developed, I wouldn't preclude such a thing.

Inaho's cybernetic eye continues to impress, now being able to perceive even small-scale battles taking place in space.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.