Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 2, 2010 5:13 PM

Mar 2010
Cloudy-Sky said:
Lol that car accident!

Pretty much this.
That car sure dragged on her.
LOL
Jun 25, 2010 5:29 PM

Apr 2009
zanmato666 said:
Although since we've all seen the original Kanon we all know what happens.

Speak for yourself, dude. I haven't seen old Kanon and have absolutely no idea what's going to happen next xD
Aug 10, 2010 4:22 PM

May 2010
2 words:
Oh no!

I could sort of tell that was what was goign to happen as they showed Nayuki crossing the street and then Yuichi and Nayuki being called from the class.
Sep 14, 2010 12:54 AM
Aug 2008
I've probably rewatched this series three or four times, and that scene still gets to me.
Sep 19, 2010 2:22 PM

Aug 2008
That car accident was shocking. Akiko even saw it coming but couldn't react in time.
Dec 14, 2010 1:42 PM

May 2010
Nooo! Akiko!
Jan 29, 2011 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was a bi t sad at the ending. If something happen to Akiko I'll kill those drivers. (I don't know what will happen since I didn't watch the previous Kanon)
Mar 3, 2011 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
Urgh...that crash looked painful....
And Nayuki is so <3
Apr 19, 2011 6:31 PM

Feb 2011
Holy shit what the fuck was that!

I cant even believe it when i saw that escene, extremely shocking...
May 18, 2011 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
OMG!!! her mom just like disappeared behind that car!!!! NOOOOOOOooooooo!!! that was so sad and epic! i feel so bad for her! jus when she was starting to spend time with her... anyway it makes alot of seance od the whole skool thing at the tree and the time capsule! its amazing that they finally found it!!! and im so happy Yuichi is remembering everything! i KNEW she liked him!!! it wasn't a shocker... but why was he crying that day? man anyway i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that her mom's okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT BLACK CAR DOING?!!
Jun 14, 2011 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
Holy shit she got taken out by that car.

And Di27 seriously, does every girl this guy come into contact with die in some evil manor?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2011 5:09 AM

Dec 2010
change the ending por that episodes please...
Sep 27, 2011 8:29 AM

May 2010
A good Nayuki-centered episode, I liked the Yuuichi x Nayuki moments such as the two doing their homework together and Yuuichi placing the blanket on Nayuki, that particular action really showed that Yuuichi does care for her. I felt sorry for Nayuki-chan in the flashback scene when she was going to give Yuuichi-kun a snow bunny she made for him before he left and was going to confess her feelings, Yuuichi-kun being a little jerk-ass and slapping the snow bunny she made for him without any regards to her feelings and only thinking of himself. I understand he was upset over Ayu-chan, but what he did had hurt Nayuki-chan's feelings. Akiko getting involved in a traffic accident and being hit by a car was heartbreaking.
Nov 28, 2011 11:59 AM

Jul 2011
That was shocking, my jaw dropped in an instant @ the car accident part.

Anyways, seems like something happened to Ayu that made Yuuichi cry and because of that he went rage mode and punched the bunny out of Nayuki's hands... (past)

Hmmmmm......
Dec 27, 2011 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
I'm going to regret watching this anime if the ending isn't satisfying.
Jan 21, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2011
Is it bad that I laughed a little when I saw the mom get hit by the car? It just looked so ridiculous...
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Feb 12, 2012 4:06 PM
Nov 2011
I realize a lot of people saw this coming, and I sensed it too, but wheN i saw the way they animated the accident. Man I'm in a rage right now. I just don't even know what to say beyond that.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 26, 2012 10:25 PM

Dec 2011
Yuiichi's a jerk.
uhh...
May 10, 2012 3:06 AM

Feb 2011
This would have been the first ever anime series I would have dropped or be put on hold for a very long time (I don't care if this was pretty good, I had to force myself to go through this episode ever since the ep with the kiss came in) if Akiko had this crash next episode. I still can't get over the fact (and prob never will) that Nayuki will never become the main heroine. Thank god the VN exists. But the art is horrible. What to do?
Jul 4, 2012 12:15 AM

Nov 2011
This is what I've been waiting for, the goldmine of intense drama that sits at the end Key novels, after having sifted through the harem arcs.
Jul 4, 2012 4:15 AM
Dec 2007
kwangsta said:
This would have been the first ever anime series I would have dropped or be put on hold for a very long time (I don't care if this was pretty good, I had to force myself to go through this episode ever since the ep with the kiss came in) if Akiko had this crash next episode. I still can't get over the fact (and prob never will) that Nayuki will never become the main heroine. Thank god the VN exists. But the art is horrible. What to do?
It's a 13 year old VN, what can you do. It actually looks fairly decent for it's age.

Aug 13, 2012 8:27 AM

May 2012
Great episode slightly different than the last episodes from the 2002 version like how they got the jar and where they buried it "preferred that she buried it near the three as there was their school play ground" but with this it's the connection of the found jar!

The whole story is getting together at a good pass with many things relevant to get it a more beautiful ending!

And it was quite nice that she spent the red marble to the snow bunny! As I thought that it would return somewhere in the story and for Nayuki the snow bunny is quite important!

With the digging normally Kaori would have joined in, but it was nice Jun still found it after all!

The rest of the episode is quite the same though Nayuki seems less sad/depressed in this version more or less this version is all made happier in a way!

The 7Year ago Nayuki's confession to Yuuichi was quite nice it's something they've forgotten imo in the 2002Version.

Though the ending is a bit less melodramatic than the 2002 Version as you barley feel the impact she's just directly gone, though makes me sad either way to see it!
Aug 17, 2012 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
I knew someone was going to be hit by a car eventually! I just knew it!!!!! Cars are a dangerous thing in anime's like this! Even when I was watching all the other arcs, I was wondering... When is a car just gonna come out of nowhere and hit someone? And now it has happened!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 9, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2009
I was still busy being sad over Ayu's death and that depressing ass flash back with Nayuki... and now this. WTF, now that all the people with sob stories are dead or gone are they gonna start turning on the neutral characters now?
Oct 24, 2012 5:55 AM
Aug 2012
Am i the only person who laughed at the car crash part? It looked like something off a cheap comedy show...
Oct 31, 2012 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
That car crash cliffhanger was really unexpected! Made me jumped up from my chair!
Nov 8, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
Well, fuck...
Dec 17, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2009
At last I'm beginning to really like this series! The beginning was a bit boring and I even wanted to drop watching it... Now I'm glad I didn't do that))
Dec 19, 2012 6:39 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FCKKKKKK!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 30, 2012 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
That car incident. Just unexpected... That was shocking...
Feb 28, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2012
Did they really talk about Schroedinger's cat during class at the beginning of this episode? I don't want to trust the subs, because it would feel trolled of how much this topic is used in animes. It is pathetic.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Apr 20, 2013 6:19 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode was very good and also peaceful. Yuiichi remembering what he did to Nayuki 7 years ago came at a bad time because of the car accident. I knew he wanted to tell her that he was sorry and all, but once the door opened in class I knew something bad happened. When I saw Akiko getting hit by the Suv I was expecting lots of blood because when she got hit her body was probably under the car. Yuiichi will need a lot of support from here on out because he's lost 5 important people already:

Makoto - back to being a fox I think
Mai - hospital
Sayuri - hospital
Ayu - she left
Akiko Minase - accident

Jun 21, 2013 12:56 AM

Jul 2012
Man, this show is so depressing. MC should have just stayed in his hometown.
Sep 6, 2013 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode. As someone who hasn't seen the original, 10/10 didn't see that car accident coming. Holy hellfire. Interesting to see what happens next.
Nov 27, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
Melvinkooi said:
That car incident. Just unexpected... That was shocking...
Dec 13, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2009
sonikku10 said:
I've probably rewatched this series three or four times, and that scene still gets to me.
Third time here, still in shock. :P
Jan 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck, fuck, fuck!! Why can't everyone be happy!!! God dammit, seriously, when I saw the principal and then switching to Akiko at that crossroads, I was so sure she was gonna get hit that I though about stopping the watching. And fuck man, she didn't got hit lightly, she got smashed hard. I mean, people die from accident like this, her state must be critical. Man, Akiko was such a sweet mother, she can't die :'(

Now Yuuichi found the object, I wonder what will happen. Ayu said that she kept the last wish for her future self or for someone who might need it. There no proof that the angel doll have magical property. But if it have some and can be used to do any wish, will he use it to recover Akiko health or to make Ayu return?

So has I though, Nayuki had feeling for Yuuichi. That guy got such a big harem xD
Too bad all of them are problems magnet... Her declaration to him was so sad. Nothing good can happen in that shitty town? Seriously, that city should be called Despairville.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2013
Everybody is dying, its just ridiculous! Pretty much all my favorite characters have died, disappeared, or are in critical condition: the final moments of this episode :"(
Aunt Akiko was one of the sweetest mothers, if not people, I have ever seen and she really didn't deserve that. I hope she doesn't die like everyone else.
Apr 21, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
dat car crash
it just sucks that nayuki is his cousin... they'd make a great couple
Jul 3, 2014 12:38 AM

Oct 2013
wow... this anime loves to hit you with shock value.

This episode also single handedly made me appreciate Nayuki more. She's so cuuuute! It's a darn shame she gets so little screen time through most the series. *sigh*

Especially the flashback of when they were little kids... the English VA for Nayuki really nailed it there. Ultra-adorable!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 30, 2014 11:47 PM

May 2011
I guess the darkest episode has come. Really liked the remembering sequence of the destroyed rabbit slightly than the original 2002 version, (although I find the confession unnecessary, mentioned below) and the reason behind the accident too.
RafaelDeJongh said:
Great episode slightly different than the last episodes from the 2002 version like how they got the jar and where they buried it "preferred that she buried it near the three as there was their school play ground" but with this it's the connection of the found jar!

The whole story is getting together at a good pass with many things relevant to get it a more beautiful ending!

And it was quite nice that she spent the red marble to the snow bunny! As I thought that it would return somewhere in the story and for Nayuki the snow bunny is quite important!

With the digging normally Kaori would have joined in, but it was nice Jun still found it after all!

The rest of the episode is quite the same though Nayuki seems less sad/depressed in this version more or less this version is all made happier in a way!

The 7Year ago Nayuki's confession to Yuuichi was quite nice it's something they've forgotten imo in the 2002Version.

Though the ending is a bit less melodramatic than the 2002 Version as you barley feel the impact she's just directly gone, though makes me sad either way to see it!

I do have to admit, the impact in the 2002 version was greater and struck me with a stronger pang of emotion as everything was extremely depressing already, coupled with Ayu's disappearance. Whereas KyoAni, lightens up the atmosphere by a bit with Nayuki trying to comfort Yuuichi. I also think that the part with the four of them (Kaori too) digging to find the jar and the fixing of the doll were more significant and more dramatic (ironically, considering the fact that the 2002 version was so much less dramatic) than the 2006 version, and the red hairband just amplifies the sorrow Yuuichi felt in the 2002 version and less meaningful in this version.

The confession by Nayuki in the 2002 edition was not present as it was supposed to be left for the very end when Nayuki
at the very end for its shock value, the confession actually made it less surprising if it does happen later. Hence I believe that KyoAni did it wrong here, they should have left the confession for the very end to further drama-tify it.

Henceforth, I do have to acknowledge that I am surprisingly unsatisfied with Ayu's arc in this version, although I do believe they can make it up for the end, and Nayuki's arc also. Hopefully.
5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 1, 2015 3:24 PM

Dec 2014
BUTTHURT said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
Lol that car accident!

Pretty much this.
That car sure dragged on her.
LOL

I fucking laughed so god damn hard. Also at the kid falling on the ground. That's a dumb way to die.
Sep 6, 2015 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
Was so shocked at the ending ;'(
Jan 29, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Ichimaru201 said:
Was so shocked at the ending ;'(

Right ...
My eyes literally looked like this: O.O
That crash looked so brutal, there's no way it's just a few scratches.
Apr 9, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2014
that car crash was horrible! she just disappeared O.o boku wa kowaidesu
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 15, 2018 4:42 AM
Oct 2018
What a great show ... I want something positive at this point but ... I have to remind myself what I'm watching!
Jul 25, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2018
Goodbye okasan? I pray to the bottom of my heart that she survived it
Aug 27, 2020 1:24 AM

Oct 2007
every cat on Nayuki's sleepwear has a name. so kawaii! :3

and Yuichi has been quite mean to her... and she still helped him so many times! I remember he even got money from her in a previous episode without paying it back? damn you Yuichi...

I now understand why Nayuki has snow rabbit in the Eternal Fighter Zero doujin game..

hopefully, Akiko survive..
Nov 17, 2020 8:03 AM

Mar 2013
Finally best girl Nayuki's arc arrived.

Didnt expect the car accident to be this freaky
Dec 9, 2020 5:07 AM

Nov 2019
Lost for words, did not expect the accident.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.