Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2008 7:34 PM
Jul 2008
slayer545-sama said:

I really want a wife like Nagisa more.

me too. she is someone who will really stand by your side at all times despite her physical condition. And she gave a straight 'Yes' to marriage at the point when tomoya is at the deepest pits.

in the swings scene, what nagisa said is also reasonable and touching. I even recalled how both of them met.

As for the tomoya's dad case, my view is tomoya is partially at fault too. if he heeded Nagisa's advice to visit and spend some time with his father, i think his father will not do anything silly.

Uminekko said:
It seems Clannad After Story will stop broadcasting for 2 weeks. It'll be back on 1.9

argh, bad timing.
Dec 20, 2008 7:36 PM

Sep 2007
Durendaus said:
Uminekko said:
It seems Clannad After Story will stop broadcasting for 2 weeks. It'll be back on 1.9

argh, bad timing.

Well they do this all the time with a lot of series. I'm guessing it's because of the new year coming.
Dec 20, 2008 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow. Amazing episode. :3
Dec 20, 2008 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
Half-way there! It's already been 12 weeks huh? It went by too fast! xD

Since when is it that rare for artists to abuse substances? I still pity Yoshino though.
Anyway, then what? After realizing his love, he became a poet, and a dramatist? Ahh~ The power of love~ xD

AsianQuickSilver said:

Marriage meeting attire? Woot for Nagisa :3. Overall I think Im still a little dissatisfied since it was pretty anti-climatic, but since I'm a NagisaxTomoya supporter what the hell anyways.

I just think it's former attire to visit him at the penitentiary. Maybe she does refer to the consent of the marriage, but I doubt they'll be married by next episode.

Maybe if the two had talked about it, they might had ended coming to terms with each other. I mean, his dad became an asshole because of his wife's death, right?
It makes you think if Tomoya really took that into consideration when the 2 started to alienate themselves.

They get married, and have a kid right? Ushio was it?
Since I never played the game before, and since I hate spoilers, that's all I know from this "path" (Nagisa's).

12 more to go! ^_^

Dec 20, 2008 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
Wasabi said:
Durendaus said:
Uminekko said:

argh, bad timing.

Well they do this all the time with a lot of series. I'm guessing it's because of the new year coming.

Exactly, Christmas isn't really important in Japan but New Year is. And there is a lot of changing in TV broadcast, so Anime usually takes a two-week break
Dec 20, 2008 10:40 PM

Dec 2008
Ah. it's always refreshing to watch Clannad. It just gives me a sense of joy hahah. Too bad they won't be airing in a while. Yoshino's story was touching.

AND

skyenix said:
Tomoya! Invite me to your wedding!!!

I think we all are. :] Of course, not there literally but we can always watch and pretend were there. I'm glad that they finally made some much needed progression, although this is a big step lol. I wonder why all the sub-sites had low quality raws. O well, it was still good. I'm not sure it's just me, but did the animation get better this episode?
Lunatic-krDec 20, 2008 10:46 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 20, 2008 11:22 PM

Nov 2008
skyenix said:
Tomoya! Invite me to your wedding!!!

Me too and I am going to come with Kayaa-sama! :D
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 21, 2008 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
Uminekko said:

is this for real? oh noes
Dec 21, 2008 12:44 AM

Dec 2007
Uminekko said:
It's probably due to the Christmas Holidays

Anyways, great episode :D
Liked Yoshino's story, the Marriage proposal totally caught me off guard, but I can see why Tomoya did it, with his emotions in tact like that.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Dec 21, 2008 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
Clannad has stepped it's game up lately, delivering things I never expected to get from this series.. Nagisa was my least favorite of the girls from the first season, but she has grown on me, and the post graduate job searching/life starting up stuff has just been absolutely great. Don't mind the break either as it coincides directly with a trip of mine.. :D
Dec 21, 2008 1:19 AM

Jan 2008
the "Marry Me" scene is a thousand times more beautiful than a 'kiss' scene...

This episode is so good...
Dec 21, 2008 1:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lunatic-kr said:
AND

This is a great shot!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 21, 2008 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Genix said:

They get married, ...[insert spoiler tag here]... and since I hate spoilers, that's all I know from this "path" (Nagisa's).

If you hate spoilers, why not use the spoiler tag to not do so to others?
ironchefflipDec 21, 2008 2:25 AM
Dec 21, 2008 3:31 AM

Oct 2008
Kittenia said:
I LOVE CLANNAD <3~!!!!!!
Oh my god I couldn't control my tears. It was just so emotional and, everything. Tomoya's visit to his dad, punching the wall, Nagisa and him dropping to the floor, that whole scene had me bawling. I fucking love Clannad. & You Tomoya, and Nagisa. Words cannot explain how I feel about you two.

vv don't read this unless you played game, and or seen movie

Yoshino's past was so sad, I didn't suspect that is how it all actually happened. The guilt, everything was horribly sad. T__T; I'm glad I got to know more about him, and how he lost things reflect how Tomoya didn't get that job he wanted in the end, arg.

Nagisa and Tomoya marrying each other! What more could I possibly ask for! Yahoo, oh wait, there is one thing...for Clannad to air next week! Damn it -__- that's okay that's okay...I don't want it to end.

sdjadalkdsak, no CLANNAD for two weeks? Are you KIDDING! Oh my goodness I'm going to die! Nooooo!

*hands a tissue* Oh my goodness, I feel the same about Nagisa and Tomoya. If I could seriously choose what kind of guy I was going to meet and how our life would go down, I would want it to be like Tomoya and Nagisa's. I mean....besides the dying part, lol

I'm going to be really dissapointed if Nagisa does end up dying in the end...But I think After Story's ending is going to be way different than the movie. I've read certain spoilers that I dont want to throw around, but seems to me it's going to be a happy ending in some way. Guess we'll see, won't we?
:3 Glad to see I'm not the only one gushing about NxT.
Dec 21, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2008
Arach-kun said:
the "Marry Me" scene is a thousand times more beautiful than a 'kiss' scene...

This episode is so good...

YES it was! It was so perfect, and so orignal. I totally cried.

But I'm still hoping to see a kiss scene somewhere along the line X3
Dec 21, 2008 3:42 AM

Oct 2007
This was a really nice episode. Yoshino's story managed to grab me by the troath and didn't let go until the episode was over. Okazaki's dad really pisses me off btw. Just sitting there, saying nothing...

I also would like to take the opportunity to compliment the BGM of this anime since this episode was the best example of music done right at the perfect scene.

And altough it seemed weird to me that Okazaki popping the question while they never have kissed I like to imagine that even tho we haven't seen them kiss yet they actually already did off-screen. We really need a kiss scene soon tho, even tho it's just to keep it realistic.

Can't wait for the next episode tbh.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 21, 2008 4:04 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, they included Yoshino's story quite well into the anime, without losing too much time. This episode was also animated quite well, especially in the end there was some very good animation for a TV series. Now AS gets really interesting, because the anime approaches the best part of the game, can't wait to see it animated by Kyoani, I'm sure they will do a great job in adapting the crucial scenes, as they did in this episode at the peak of emotion.
Dec 21, 2008 5:31 AM

Feb 2008
Woah, emotional.
Dec 21, 2008 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
Emotional episode ç___ç Anyway, I'm really hating Tomoya's father -___-

Dec 21, 2008 7:41 AM
Aug 2008
I really really like this episode ^__^
when tomoya asked nagisa to marry him =3
whaa...
cant wait 4 d next episode!!
Dec 21, 2008 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode, I thought last couple of eps were waste but they were leading into this one. After Story is running much better than Clannad and while slow(for me) is turning out rather amazing.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 21, 2008 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
I thought Yoshino's little story was a little misplaced. I know it was driving the point of doing what you set out to do.

Nagisa = Win
Dec 21, 2008 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
Another rating that would exceed 10. Wonderful episode.

I love Yoshino's story. I hope it gets through Tomoya's head.

I'm not looking for a kissing scene. Like the others, I'm more interested with the emotional affection. Seeing Nagisa do something so leisurely will degrade her, I think. For this kind of series, it's best to save one and only ONE for the last.

What's with Tomoya's father? He just keep on smiling. Well, we'll learn soon enough why he's like that.

For the next episode, the father is smiling again...is that a marriage meeting or something? I guess it's just a normal visit that Sanae got interested into. Can't wait for the next episode.

Dec 21, 2008 10:09 AM

Dec 2007
Yoshino's story was quite touching and besides that Tomoya proposed to Nagisa. This was quite a great episode and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Dec 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Nov 2008
great episode - i love how clannad does so many things in quite a unique way such as the proposal ^,.^

can't wait for the next episode!

btw. my first comment on these boards so hello everyone =3 *wave*
Dec 21, 2008 5:15 PM

Jun 2007
slayer545-sama said:
saxdemigod said:
as far as the order of things being weird, as per the game they have kissed already, they were supposed to during the baseball game. also, the relationship between nagisa and tomoya is purposefully made devoid of physical affection. due to the fact that many visual novels are adult games, key made very clear that they were focusing on the romantic love between nagisa and tomoya rather than the physical.

Throws up?

Women do that when their pregnant. They also eat crazy things like pickles and ice cream. It's a dead giveaway on telling if a girl is preggos or not when she doesn't have a big belly.
Dec 21, 2008 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
slayer545-sama said:
saxdemigod said:
as far as the order of things being weird, as per the game they have kissed already, they were supposed to during the baseball game. also, the relationship between nagisa and tomoya is purposefully made devoid of physical affection. due to the fact that many visual novels are adult games, key made very clear that they were focusing on the romantic love between nagisa and tomoya rather than the physical.

Throws up?

Women do that when their pregnant. They also eat crazy things like pickles and ice cream. It's a dead giveaway on telling if a girl is preggos or not when she doesn't have a big belly.

Nice one but I avoid the pregnant subjects in general as I deem it more as a personal matter to the women unless it concerns me.

BTW guess I will have to watch for those sign to see Nagisa pregnant when she will.
Dec 21, 2008 6:32 PM

Apr 2007
intense episode.

yoshino, so ronery ;__;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 21, 2008 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
cyruz said:
Lunatic-kr said:
AND

This is a great shot!

Thank you, thank you :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 21, 2008 6:41 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Nice one but I avoid the pregnant subjects in general as I deem it more as a personal matter to the women unless it concerns me.

BTW guess I will have to watch for those sign to see Nagisa pregnant when she will.

Who are you, angel9999?

Yes I'm new here
Dec 21, 2008 6:55 PM

Nov 2008
Revy said:
slayer545-sama said:

Who are you, angel9999?

Yes I'm new here

Huh? Who is that?
Dec 21, 2008 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
Amazing, I was crying a lot. Clannad truly holds a place in my heart, its storyline is so beautiful and the characters are depicted with such emotion that it feels realistic. I wish there were more shows like this because this is truly a gem that I can watch over and over again.
Dec 21, 2008 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
This episode, I think, was a step up from the others. I still wonder what the point of showing all the other characters in the opening is, considering we haven't even seen Kotomi or Tomoyo for a long time, and it's not like they're main characters anymore.
Dec 21, 2008 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
Grmo said:
This episode, I think, was a step up from the others. I still wonder what the point of showing all the other characters in the opening is, considering we haven't even seen Kotomi or Tomoyo for a long time, and it's not like they're main characters anymore.

They can always come back for surprises so that is why I think.
Dec 21, 2008 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
;_;

So much better than last season.
Dec 22, 2008 2:16 AM

Sep 2008
OMG This is it This is the Anime I fell in love with T_T ;_;.......... Its to epic I can't wait to own the DVD Boxset to this Perfection. no other anime looks or has a better story than this.. I want a girl like Nagisa.. Damn these girls these days always expecting to much. >_>.......

* Is still waiting on Fuko* >_>
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 22, 2008 2:25 AM

Sep 2007
Mario1-7 said:
I want a girl like Nagisa.. Damn these girls these days always expecting to much. >_>.......

I lol'd.
Dec 22, 2008 4:39 AM

Nov 2008
to add for all this is more for guys but anyways, I want a future wife who can these things.

Dec 22, 2008 4:41 AM

Jul 2008
Overall, I didn't like the episode too much, or at least, from what I could tell, it didn't come close to what was shown in the last episode. Just when I think Tomoya's life is getting some direction it goes back into disarray.
Dec 22, 2008 7:57 AM

May 2008
It was good. And quite interesting. And last scene... It was beautiful! My reaction when I'm, mad is the same as Okazaki's xD That's why I liked him, though... But, what a shame! For the next time they haven't kiss!
Dec 22, 2008 10:01 AM

Mar 2008
I was a bit sad for Tomoya-kun, he lost a good job because of his father... But the ending was so cute and unexpected :)
Dec 22, 2008 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was very good, but I think it would have been better if it were split up. Like one episode focuses more on Yoshino and the other on Tomoya+Dad/Nagisa. I got the feeling they rushed it a bit. There probably wasn’t much more they could tell though.

In the end I still cried like a baby.

And one more thing: Anyone else think of Fallout 3 when they saw the drugs? (that’s what you get when you play Fallout 3 too much xD)
ChuckyDec 22, 2008 3:03 PM
Dec 22, 2008 3:52 PM
Apr 2008
I cried.
Like in every other episode of this series.
Like everybody said, it was pretty rushed, going from one thing to the next, but idk, I kind of enjoyed the fast pacing of it..
xD
And is Clannad really off for two whole weeks?
This week I can understand, since it is Christmas on Thursday but I can't bear two weeks.
Dec 22, 2008 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
Again a great episode from me aha! How Clannad is portrayed really makes on think on life's important matters as well teach it's viewers important life lessons if one were to seriously delve into the thought of the idea. Yoshino's story of the past was emotional to several extents and also illustrated how much he has changed since then, and his main reason of going one. Like Tomoya, Yoshino has someone important tells Tomoya to never forget what the most important thing is as well as to not forget the reason for the goals. We then revisit the topic on Tomoya's father, and the current struggle that are afflicted between the father and son relationship. Although I wonder what he did to get into jail in the first place, from the looks of the visit Tomoya and Nagisa did for Tomoya's father, I think the reason that Tomyoya's father didn't respond was probably because he was happy to see his son again. After the visit Tomoya lets out his anger only to have Nagisa stop him (Yeah I know how it feels to punch a concrete wall out of anger, it really does sting after a while..), the momment they had after was deeply emotional because both confess to each other the idea of marriage and how the other was the "only one" for them. Now the only thing missing is the kiss between the two lol!
Dec 22, 2008 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
All I can say is wow... but jeez, they haven't even kissed.
Dec 22, 2008 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
1. Yoshino's backstory is awesome :D
2. I miss the rest of the characters D: You hardly even hear about them anymore. They disappeared or something! I'm suprised they were even in the OP as main characters.
3. the proposal was rather...random. Such an awkward and unromantic time to pop the question! Okay, so Tomoya was never exactly what one would call 'romantic', but still an awkward time. And, sheesh, get married before you even friggin kiss, why don't ya? Talk about unrealistic and rather stupid. No one gets married when all they've done is hold hands, seriously.
...regardless of that though, I'm a hopeless romantic and love weddings, so it wasn't THAT bad, but still. It always seems in books, that once a marriage enters the situation things go a bit downhill, so I'm hoping in Clannad's case it's more of an uphill thing. Hopefully.
Other than the whole thing about the proposal though, really good episode! More awesome backstories from characters I wasn't expecting anything from, more drama, and even though I didn't like it the proposal it still ended sweetly.
Still loving After Story <3 hope it's the uphill thing, like I said before.
Dec 22, 2008 7:52 PM

Feb 2008
everyone had said what i wanted to say, this episode is just awesome....clannad at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 23, 2008 5:44 PM
Apr 2008
Excellent, excellent episode. I hope that the next 12 episodes are just like this one, that'll make me love this season again. But MAN! That father is a bitch. I'd probably do the same thing if my dad was like that, but good thing he isn't.
Now that Tomoya has proposed to Nagisa, the rest of the story is basically going to be Nagisa and her life/death situation, with some filler, of course.
Dec 23, 2008 8:19 PM
Sep 2008
looks like its gonna play out like clannad ( movie)
Dec 23, 2008 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode. The music is SO powerful in Clannad, and with the support of the actual script, it makes a really good anime ... well, it's Clannad, what do you expect?

I cried 80% of this episode, everything was so sad, and I could relate to EVERYTHING.

I particularly cried the most when Tomoya asked Nagisa to marry him and he said that he was pathetic (pointing out the flaws in himself).

*sigh* 10/10 most definitely!

xXxollinxXx said:
looks like its gonna play out like clannad ( movie)

Um, it may look like it, but it might not play out like the movie. You're assuming things WAY too soon.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.