Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2022 11:35 PM

Mar 2021
I haven't watched SAO so my opinion Does not matter but I heard after season 1 the anime is shit.
Aug 6, 2022 11:52 PM
Jun 2021
I actually enjoyed Alicization which was the latest two seasons. Mainly because Kirito didn’t speak or move for a glorious 10 or so episodes. I think its as good as Sao could get because Alice was a great character. Season 2 and the fairy stuff however is bleh.
Aug 6, 2022 11:53 PM
Jun 2021
OtakuChan2021 said:
Alchemist_Senpai said:
It’s great 👌
Love the anime

Same…. Love the light novels and the PS4 games they are so fun and great 😊 👍

Ok the games actually aren’t bad I’ll agree there
Aug 6, 2022 11:54 PM

Oct 2020
i don't hate it, but i don't love it either.
at best it's a 7/10 for me.
haven't seen the other seasons though...
Aug 7, 2022 12:56 AM
Aug 2022
I've only seen the first arc. With the original game. I got busy around the time the Fairy part came out and have seen a few clips of The gun one. I do love GGO Alternate tho with Llenn and Pitohui

With that outta the way I will say, I do not dislike the anime, It's not great, but it's definitely not as awful as some people make it out to be. It's a lot of people's first anime, and ya gotta respect it for that. I'd probably give it another chance if I were to need something to watch, but I'm not going to go out of my way sadly.
Aug 7, 2022 1:10 AM

Dec 2008
Yes I hate it.
It's unfortunate, because there are parts of it I like and got into, like the first half of Alicization, or the beginning of the first series.
But I just absolutely fucking hate Kirito and Asuna, and the writing is pretty trash sometimes.
Aug 7, 2022 1:24 AM

Sep 2021
i hate the first season, was just a bunch of bulshit
Aug 7, 2022 1:25 AM
Sep 2021
my fav anime of all time. every arc is good for me (except excalibur arc)
Aug 7, 2022 1:37 AM
Jun 2020
Willology said:
none of it is particularly good, but i liked the romance for a few episodes pre-yui

Everything starting from the Yui arc and beyond was disastrous. Honestly even the part where the guild members die wasn’t even that bad.
Aug 7, 2022 1:40 AM
Jun 2020
I don’t hate it, I just don’t think it’s very good. I enjoyed it for the most part because of the fight scenes and animations but that’s pretty much it for the positives. After the first couple episodes it really hits rock bottom and doesn’t get better until Alicization and even that Arc still felt ruined. Although I will say, I am a huge fan of the starless night aria movie, I thought it was SAO’s best work easily.
Aug 7, 2022 1:46 AM
Jan 2022
I dont hate it and i dont even like it.

Its a straight 5/10 for me
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Aug 7, 2022 1:53 AM
Silver Soul
Sep 2020
I only liked aincrad arc and alicization and even in the end of alicization they managed to fuck it up with unnecessary fanservice. Fuck you, A-1 pictures.

P.S for the noobs: No, it doesn't get any better and yes, all light novel adaptations are shit, no matter what genre. If you want to have the full experience just read the fucking novel and laugh about how mediocre said anime adaptations are.
Just a piece of shit chilling on this site.

Feel free to visit my profile.
Aug 7, 2022 1:54 AM
Nov 2021
I think the first episodes were interesting but later it got cringe and unoriginal. unoriginal to the point where it's laughable, like they i think tried to copy some things from berserk which ended up being so cringe and stupid.
Aug 7, 2022 1:58 AM
Feb 2015
Cross_2D said:
Willology said:
none of it is particularly good, but i liked the romance for a few episodes pre-yui

Everything starting from the Yui arc and beyond was disastrous. Honestly even the part where the guild members die wasn’t even that bad.

it's wild that you're the only other person ive seen that says Yui is where it nose dives, ive always stood by that. everyone always says its everything that happens after sao but nah, not for me
Aug 7, 2022 2:06 AM

Mar 2021
It's actually one of my favourite anime so no. I definitely don't hate it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2022 2:06 AM
Aug 2020
I like it actually, especially Alicization, it's was incredible
Aug 7, 2022 2:48 AM
Jul 2020
Aincrad arc = 5/10
Alfheim Arc = 2/10
Phantom Bullet = 6/10
Calibur = 5/10
Mother Rosario = 7/10
Ordinal Scale = 7/10
Alicization = 7.5/10
Underworld War = 7/10

Started pretty mid, generally got a lot better over time.
Aug 7, 2022 3:07 AM

Sep 2021
RetroGressive said:
Furuhashi1 said:

Okh Mister I hate and Answer all we don't need ur Answers how salty can u be and the points u making are absolute bullshit Characters too shallow and blah blah are ur Opinions not ours and everyone give zero Fucks , Everyday just wake up come to internet and Present Random Bullshit than Other people and presenting ur own personal illogical opinion yeah buddy we don't need it .

if u hate SAO just Type I don't like it that is what this Person Asked not saying Sir U need too Fucking Answer these all people and when I am scrolling half of page is filled with ur Random Bullshit.

I am coming from an objective viewpoint, whilst you’re stuck in your own delusional fantasies on what is good. And I’m interacting a lot on this forum as I enjoy debating. You seem to be extremely angry, so I would suggest not adding to this
Wow so this is ur Answer I think u can't read what is on the forum my good guy just ask a simple Question do u like it or not,
if this was, Which is best Girl or SAO is an Awesome Anime Fuck u all than I suppose u could've Debated the only one delusion here is u who think he is master in debating XD if u think that u are a joke.
Aug 7, 2022 3:08 AM
Oct 2021
no, i like this anime so much, one of my favorite
i liked every season in sao
Aug 7, 2022 3:20 AM
Dec 2021
Only 2 words "Love it".
Aug 7, 2022 3:44 AM
Dec 2021
I enjoy the show. aside from the fairy dance arc I think the entire show is pretty solid. it's not very deep or has any interesting themes, but that's not what the show is trying to be. it's simply meant to be a enjoyable and entertaining show and I think when you look at that it's a good show.
Aug 7, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
Nah. It shines in certain aspects, but it is absolutely garbage in some.
It is inexcusable how hard if feel after starting off so good.

Aug 7, 2022 4:01 AM
Apr 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
RetroGressive said:

I am coming from an objective viewpoint, whilst you’re stuck in your own delusional fantasies on what is good. And I’m interacting a lot on this forum as I enjoy debating. You seem to be extremely angry, so I would suggest not adding to this
Wow so this is ur Answer I think u can't read what is on the forum my good guy just ask a simple Question do u like it or not,
if this was, Which is best Girl or SAO is an Awesome Anime Fuck u all than I suppose u could've Debated the only one delusion here is u who think he is master in debating XD if u think that u are a joke.

Sorry, I just can’t take you seriously when you have darling in the franxx in your favorites
Aug 7, 2022 4:04 AM

Sep 2021
RetroGressive said:
Furuhashi1 said:

Sorry, I just can’t take you seriously when you have darling in the franxx in your favorites
Yeah Mr Delusion say I can't say anything more don't bring Franxx in and I don't need to talk to u who's Profile is messed up with some Random Anime.
Aug 7, 2022 4:33 AM
Jun 2022
wym hate. I love sao
Aug 7, 2022 4:34 AM
Jan 2021
I think s1 and s2 were mid but alcization and progressive were pretty good
Aug 7, 2022 4:39 AM
Jul 2021
It’s good but it dragged on way too much.
Aug 7, 2022 4:39 AM
Nov 2020
no, i like it. but im not buying the S1 part 2 because it's boring
Aug 7, 2022 4:53 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t particularly like Sao and the MC, and I don’t recommend it either. It’s mid tier.

The first arc is fine 7/10, the combats are entertaining, but I feel like the relation between asuna and kirito is rushed and a bit forced (in the first arc at least), and I hate the character of yui (she has nothing to do in the story, pretty useless).
The second arc was appalling 3/10, there is literally no issue, so the rapist is introduced to get in the way of kirito… and the result was obvious… the reunion of kirito and asuna is a bit satisfying though.

The third arc is fine 6/10, it started well, and the character of shinon is great. The development of kirito is fine too, a bit tasteless (to me) though (the character, at the base, is not very deep). but the end with “her friend” is a disaster (nothing indicated to us that he was an accomplice).
The fourth arc (Excalibur) : useless 1/10
The fifth arc is fine 6/10, the story of yuki (don’t remember her name) and her squad is touching, and asuna FINALLY has some development.

The sixth arc (alicization) is good 7/10, and has potential, but asuna is once again forgotten.
The seventh arc (war of underworld) is bad unfortunately 4/10, everything seemed forced, especially the combats, or the characters entries (the 2 characters of ordinal scale, what is the purpose ???!!!). At the end, we finally get a deeper development of kirito (I don’t particularly like the character though, but don’t really know why, perhaps, I’ve forgotten some aspects of the character ? I still think he’s a bit tasteless) and I appreciate it (it’s a bit late though………..). However, the final combat is trash (beautiful but trash) once again, kirito becomes overpowered, and it’s getting boring, really boring… and asuna, apart from waking kirito, didn’t do anything.

Idw if it’s an adaptation issue, and I didn’t read the LN, can a LN reader tell me if it’s better than the anime adaptation ?
Aug 7, 2022 5:00 AM
May 2021
I liked it, but somehow progressive sneaked it's way into my favourites. It has many flaws, but it gets way too much hate
Aug 7, 2022 5:09 AM
May 2022
One of the best anime I've ever watched. Sound effects, the animation itself. The story is good as well.
Aug 7, 2022 5:11 AM
Feb 2022
RetroGressive said:
Alchemist_Senpai said:
It’s great 👌
Love the anime

Nah you’re probably trolling, I can’t name many anime more objectively abysmal then SAO
nah I’m serious. It’s good
Aug 7, 2022 5:24 AM
Jul 2022
i hate the last two seasons, the second one is okay and I love the first one. I don't know how people are hating the first one and loving alicization or whatever it's called
Aug 7, 2022 5:26 AM
Jul 2022
Odin_seeker361 said:
The most boring and generic anime I have ever seen also FUCK kirito and his goofy ahh ass

what's boring and generic in it? it made people want to enter in games and sao will bring vr on other levels
Aug 7, 2022 6:20 AM
Jun 2022
I have mixed feelings about SAO. I feel like it’s a pretty entertaining show, with a decent romance in the first 14 episodes. Nothing really special. It obviously has its major faults like the incest and the entirety of Fairy Dance. But the fight scenes are pretty cool. Is it the best anime? Absolutely not. Is it the worst or is it boring? No. It’s simply mid, but pretty entertaining.
Aug 7, 2022 6:33 AM
Oct 2021
I hate half of the series and half of it I like. Like all the other commenting on this post. Everyone knows what’s bad and what’s good. Although I actually enjoyed season, because it was very different.
Aug 7, 2022 6:41 AM
May 2022
Don't hate it just mid and plain for me
Aug 7, 2022 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
Animillion said:
JulienneCobra73 said:

that was a lower rated arc
Yea, and that’s why I gave SAO S1 a 6.

Bro, you have an anime profile pic. Gtfooh
Aug 7, 2022 7:24 AM
Jun 2021
I just Hate the second part
Aug 7, 2022 7:31 AM
Jun 2020
Willology said:
Cross_2D said:

it's wild that you're the only other person ive seen that says Yui is where it nose dives, ive always stood by that. everyone always says its everything that happens after sao but nah, not for me

That hacking Yui into a teardrop scene was next level lmfao
Aug 7, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2021
I love it but if hate it I will not be commenting like how haters are doing here.
Aug 7, 2022 7:41 AM
Feb 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
I love it but if hate it I will not be commenting like how haters are doing here.

I feel so sad for SAO haters, just can't but pity on them, "YOU POOR THING".
Aug 7, 2022 9:48 AM
Jul 2022
I enjoyed the whole 1st season, went downhill after that imo.
Aug 7, 2022 10:09 AM
Jan 2021
it had potential until it became a harem
Aug 7, 2022 10:57 AM

Jan 2020
CaravanRiot said:
Animillion said:

Excuse me? I’m not the only one who has one so why tf you picking on me? And stfu, I’ll be here if I want to be
Aug 7, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2009
itsrj20 said:
Na, i just put scores and move on, normal people don't hate/hold grudge, against fiction.

this this this this

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Aug 7, 2022 11:22 AM
Oct 2018
no, I don't hate it.
Aug 7, 2022 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
Alchemist_Senpai said:
RetroGressive said:

Nah you’re probably trolling, I can’t name many anime more objectively abysmal then SAO
nah I’m serious. It’s good

Bruh it’s literally one of the worse shows I’ve seen. There is incest for no reason, there is harems for no reason, kirito is flawless and therefore not a relatable character, I just don’t see how it’s good
Aug 7, 2022 12:38 PM

May 2021
It's not good enough to elicit such strong emotions from me.

CaravanRiot said:
Animillion said:

My guy, the name of this site is MyAnimeList.

Aug 7, 2022 12:53 PM

Oct 2021
I loved S1, the others meh.
I still have to watch the latest one tho, um, alicization, was it?
yes.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

491 by spillkongen »»
May 26, 11:48 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.