Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 1, 2021 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
This was some of the saddest scenes I have ever watched in my life. The mom sacrificing herself for her son and even while being crushed by the rubble, she still tried to sing to him and comfort him. And then Cheng Xiaoshi remembering his mom and his fear of being alone in the dark. This shit hurt so bad I teared up. The animation, the direction and the OST were on point as well.

I think this job is understandably making Xiaoshi really emotional, maybe he really needs a break after this case.
Jul 3, 2021 6:39 PM
Mar 2018
Cried a bit this episode. Must be very hard for Cheng Xiaoshi to relieve and feel the loss of a loved one, even with such powers by your side.

Jul 4, 2021 9:53 AM
May 2020
I cried so much during this episode! I loved it when you got the flashbacks to what the message was to everyone, but my heart just broke even more when we didn't get to hear what he said to his mum!!
But they kinda changed the future because they saved the camera, witch was a really nice touch.
Jul 9, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2021
Man... the more I dwell on the story from ep3-5 the more details I can pick up from this animation....

Ep5 absolutely hit me hard.. but my heart's already strung in ep4 when i heard the date 5.12. The earthquake is real. I rmb when it happened, I was in junior high school in China. My school was far from the affected region Si Chuan but they cancelled classes to let students watch the news broadcasting. The entire May was overcast with the tragedy.

The earthquake also exposed the poor construction quality of buildings which contributed to the massive casualties...

No wonder they purposely mentioned the client was an architect... No wonder they spoke of an Si Chuan accent...
Jul 10, 2021 9:18 AM

Mar 2021
This episode made me fall in love with link click! Such a beautiful eps with too many emotions
Jul 10, 2021 11:19 AM
Mar 2020
hello?? wtf did i just watch? bro how does someone produce such a goddamn masterpiece in just one episode? Im actually lost for words, this was so emotional, the osts are just like no other and fit so well. The dialogue was on point, my jaw was legit dropped the entire 25 minutes. Seriously anyone who isn't watching this show is missing out big time, this is just phenomenal, what an episode, what an anime
Jul 10, 2021 4:53 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Goddamn that was an incredible episode. I cried like a baby. It was so sad. I absolutely love this show.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jul 12, 2021 2:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's been a while since I watched something that emotional... too hard to not cry, 10/10 episode
Jul 12, 2021 4:55 PM

Jul 2016
no, i DEFINITELY did NOT CRY during this episode... 2 times
Jul 12, 2021 5:33 PM

Feb 2021
JEsus christ my dudes. I was not expecting to cry this episode but it happened :')
Jul 12, 2021 8:45 PM
Mar 2020
PaninaManina said:
Look at these notes here.
120 votes, 114 five starts, 6 four stars.
Never seen a score so high before.

I really hope that we can at least see Emma again, even if she remains dead.
While watching I noticed her death would be the overreaching plot, the series was dropping subtly hints about some murderer out there with Ling Qiao's scenes (including the extra episode).
oh I’m pretty sure ep19 of demon slayer has a 95% loved and ep5 of aot s3p2 is a 96% lol, nevertheless this is brilliant
Jul 13, 2021 12:40 PM

Apr 2018
Teared up this episode, fantastic. Sadly, he wasn't able to save the mom. But the future changed a bit, so the mission overall succeeded. And finally in the end the police came (because of the first case..)
The butterfly effect in this time travel anime is really weak but still interesting with the nods and stuff.
SideCharacterKalJul 13, 2021 12:45 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 10:00 AM

Jun 2020
What an absolutely amazing episode. This show is one of the best I have seen recently.....

And damn, the ED slaps.
Jul 15, 2021 6:18 AM
Aug 2020
this was so sad ;_____;

no matter what he couldn't have saved them..
Jul 16, 2021 1:48 PM

Aug 2017
Well, no one believed him so he couldn't save anyone even his mom. Even if the future wasn't changed, he saved the camera.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2021 12:42 AM

Jul 2015
do anyone know what CX said to the client's mom at the end? when they were eating dinner
Jul 29, 2021 11:28 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was so sad :(

Jul 30, 2021 4:38 AM
Oct 2019
Damn this was sad af (。•́︿•̀。)
Jul 31, 2021 8:35 AM
Apr 2018
this wouldn't be as sad if it's not inspired by true story. to think that some parts of this episode was actually experienced by the survivors just made me bawling.
Aug 2, 2021 12:00 AM
Mar 2021
skulaathens said:
this is my first reply on a discussion on here and i just have to say WOW i stayed crying in my sheets for a hot second after finishing it. maybe it's because the mother-son relationship is something that hits home for me but this show is REALLY GOOD and really underrated wow.

hi josh i also cried
Aug 2, 2021 4:51 AM
Sep 2015
uenoyama said:
do anyone know what CX said to the client's mom at the end? when they were eating dinner

This is just my interpretation, but since the client sang the same lullaby to his child, as his mother did to him, I think the message simply was that same lullaby.

When you think about it, the song meant a lot for both the mother and the client, and was used as a way of comforting the one you love and care about. I also think that's why the mother laughed gently when he said the words. In their own way, he said "I'ts okay mom, I know you want the best for me, but I'm ready to continue my own path. Now it's my time to take care of you".

But since they never say it in the show, I think it's up to everyone to make their own interpretation ^^
Aug 6, 2021 3:12 PM

Apr 2020
okay this actually made me cry holy shit

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 6, 2021 8:18 PM
Aug 2021
uenoyama said:

China really had a big earthquake in 2008.I think the reason for silencing is that it can be filled with answers by countless people who will never had chance to say,not just one answer.
Aug 7, 2021 10:05 PM

Mar 2019
shubh_jain_2 said:
Amazing. Some people are saying ep 3 to 5 should be condensed into 2 episodes, but I find them perfect as they are.
I can't imagine how they can be condensed without losing the feel.
I feel the exact same way
Aug 15, 2021 6:05 PM
Feb 2019
At first I really wanted CX to save the client's loved ones from his past and would get frustrated that LG wouldn't let him do that as to not change the future... But those were feelings I had before I realised that the client is a married man with a son. Fast forward to the last bit of the episode when they showed his son, I really now agree that the client's loved ones from his past shouldn't have been saved, especially the girl that was his first love, as if she would've survived he most likely would have ended up marrying her therefore his current child wouldn't have been born... All the memories he made with his son and wife would've just disappeared as if they never happened which is extremely sad to think about and would've just been selfish.
Aug 17, 2021 11:02 AM

Nov 2020
This episode was an emotional rollercoaster. This is just getting better and better. I was on the brink of tears. Amazing episode.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Sep 10, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2018
I was supposed to cry in this episode. Most of the time I really can't handle the parents dying stuff. It kills me inside out. And this episode really presented in a marvelously way. But for some reason i just didn't get as emotional as i should've got.
Sep 13, 2021 6:50 PM

May 2018
This episode broke my tear ducts. Cheng Xiaoshi's superpower is a blessing and a curse no matter how you look at it.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 14, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2018
WAHHHHHH CRIED MY FUCKING EYES OUT
Sep 15, 2021 2:04 AM
Jul 2019
Holy fuck that hit me on so many places. I didn't cry but I wish I did. I rarely get emotional over anime. This... this is something else.
Sep 29, 2021 4:52 PM

Feb 2008
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Holy fuck that hit me on so many places. I didn't cry but I wish I did. I rarely get emotional over anime. This... this is something else.

Yah same, I’m never really emotional when it comes to watching or reading things but this really hit close for me.
Oct 1, 2021 7:43 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
What an episode, and of course what a cliffhanger. This show has me hooked.
Oct 5, 2021 12:50 PM
Nov 2017
This episode made me cry like a little baby :(

What a show!
Oct 9, 2021 5:36 AM

Apr 2015
HOLY FUCK I've never cried this much in Ep 5 of an anime before! I've been watching this one with two friends and we all just lost it halfway through the episode and that mum's monologue plus that lullaby scene at the end, holy shit, I completely and utterly lost it. This anime is incredible wow
Oct 14, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2021
This destroyed me
Inhales oxygen
Nov 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Mar 2020
Yeah, I'm pretty much in tears.
Nov 29, 2021 10:44 AM

Sep 2020
well that was sad, i cried ):

but i can understand each of their viewpoints,, if i was in cheng xiaoshi's situation with these real people i would want to save them too, but lu guang is right that it's important to keep the past the same
Dec 14, 2021 5:26 AM

Jul 2021
That was so amazing, I rarely cry but I almost shed a tear ;-;. An extremely heartbreaking episode

Dec 29, 2021 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
Watching this episode make me remember of watched the news about this earthquake in my television.So sad.
Jan 10, 2022 9:41 PM

Dec 2011
Nooo.. no...... that was emotional. The suspense and build up and the sneak peeks of where everyone was when it hit. I felt so much. Oh mom :(
Jan 13, 2022 2:17 AM
Oct 2019
Time record for a series to make me cry,to much emotion's in this episode, absolutely amazing
Jan 29, 2022 10:29 PM

Nov 2021
Did anyone else think it was similar to Your Name a bit?? BTW great episode definitely cried
Jan 30, 2022 1:07 AM
Mar 2021
This episode destroyed me emotionally. Holy fuck, I don't even know what to think.
Jan 31, 2022 3:17 AM

Jun 2007
watch this chinese anime they said. it will be fun they said -__-
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 10, 2022 2:27 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait so what, now I'm confused again. You CAN save people who are already dead in the present? Because Guang Lu definitely said he'd try to help save the mom. And is Xiaoshi mad that he didn't mention he was being sent to the 2008 earthquake zone (thus triggering his own memories of losing his own parents), or is he mad that Guang Lu told him that he CAN'T save dead people, but when you can in fact, apparently, can? Because surely he would now try to save his own parents, but he doesn't, so I guess you can NOT save people who are already dead?? Which is it?? Because Guang Lu makes it out to be that it is possible, saying he lied to Xiaoshi to "keep everything the same"- implying that it is indeed possible to save people, but hid that fact from him to prevent him from trying anything that might disrupt the fucking space time continuum.

Actually yeah no I'm probably just looking too much into it. Xiaoshi is just upset that Guang Lu didn't tell him about the earthquake so that he wouldn't go and try to save everyone, just simply give the messages and then jet, okay I guess I get it then. And then he gets further upset and goes as far as to socking Guang Lu in the face because he gave false instructions in how to save the mother, when in fact he was trying to keep events the same; meaning she had to die regardless. Damn, I get his emotion now, since he feels the emotions of his hosts. He also has the same emotions since he also lost his mother, so it must've been doubly hard on him in that moment. Dang.

So was Chen Xiao dude always married, or did Xiaoshi do something that changed his future and gave him a wife and child? Because the way they revealed the wedding ring sure seemed like it had some significance to it. Or maybe they just wanted to show that he was now living a happy life despite the trauma he faced in the past, and even though he has moved on, still holds onto pictures of the past for memory's sake. Why he wanted to send those messages to his past friends I don't know why as it won't really change anything, but it was probably just a way for him to personally get regrets off his own chest.

So anyway, police guy just came in the door. ARE WE COMING BACK TO EMMA?? Frick though too bad she's already dead. Chen Xiao's crush also is probably deceased as well right? Man, once an anime that's not even technically an anime gives us some waifus who are actually like real girls, they die. Dammit

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 23, 2022 1:10 PM

Apr 2016
This series has been amazing so far! I didn’t expect it to be so good.
Feb 25, 2022 10:36 PM

Jan 2021
I cried. There was even a basketball episode. This is awesome. Thank you, show.

Before you try revolutionizing the country, why don’t you revolutionize yourself first? - 土方十四郎
Feb 27, 2022 11:03 PM

Jun 2020
I feel the worst for Xiao Shi ಥ﹏ಥ it’s so hard having to always carry out their clients’ requests when he feels all the emotions & feelings they had

Also the episode title is 告别 right. Why is it translated weirdly. It means bidding farewell/goodbye. The title card showing right as the paramedics took both Chen Xiao and his dad away from his mum parallels when she said bye to them as they leave their home. So sad ಥ﹏ಥ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 24, 2022 5:28 AM
Aug 2018
When I finished the episode the first thing I did was call my parents and tell them I love them. Fantastic episode
Apr 6, 2022 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know, man... all this really feels like emotional manipulation to me.

OK episode overall.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

24 by Suri-Fox »»
9 hours ago

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Jun 4

8 by KayKimii »»
Jun 4, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.