Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 22, 2020 1:54 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic season in the record books. And that was also a fantastic ending for this season. You know, despite the things he did I liked Kiroranke and I am going to miss him. I think he's not that bad of a guy like with the rest of the cast. Everyone has their reasons for fighting. R.I.P. Kiroranke. Looking forward to what Sofia will do now.

I knew that sly bastard Ogata is still alive, he's goals are beyond our understanding indeed. He's irredeemable trash, but he's one of the best characters in the show. I am sure a season 4 will come might as well give us the announcement now fuckers. 9.5/10
Dec 22, 2020 2:26 AM

Feb 2011
Ringare said:
What an episode, very violent fights, my boss was worried RestInPissBozo
This whole piss image describes well what the season was to me, it was really bad compared to the first one, also all this russian talking confused me I had to learn the language because I didn't trust what the subtitles were translating. It disappointed me a lot
Also Asirpa was too similar to my ex wife in this season, thats a subjective thought but it killed my enjoyment.
The blindfold scenes reminded me of the "taste day' in middle school, but it wasn't that violent.

What the hell are you smoking ?
Dec 22, 2020 3:04 AM
Nov 2014
Best golden kamuy season so far, every episode was interesting, had its own plot and ending, much better than previous seasons, in my opinion. I really hope there will be next season
Dec 22, 2020 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
aaand the adventure continues hopefully soon. what a ride
Dec 22, 2020 3:48 AM

Jul 2016
Makuro said:
aaand the adventure continues hopefully soon. what a ride

It is so good.

I can't wait to the spinoff of Svetlana Gansoku robbing banks across Russia comes out.
Dec 22, 2020 3:53 AM

Dec 2017
Definitely anime of the season, hopefully, we'll get S4 now!
Dec 22, 2020 3:55 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
AOTS for sure

9.0/10 for this season

second season was a bit better, still a masterpiece.
Dec 22, 2020 6:12 AM

Apr 2016
Ogata is a beast.Really good way to end this season.
Hinna/10
BRAWLERS
Dec 22, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2018
from the first season, i always know that gk really is something else. but this season is the peak of it's art. a lot of stuff started to connects together. the conflict dive even deeper. there's no wasted frame/scene in this season. every single cut tells something.
how could they naturally put a scene where a musclehead masochist dude saying "HA!" to the camera after someone just died? only gk could pull this troupes

this is the best i had of the season.
Dec 22, 2020 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
I am in no way a Kiroranke fan... but even I got a bit emotional when he died. He was a scummy human being but he was doing what he thought was right for his people and I guess that some admiration to be had in that.

I can not believe Ogata pulled that stunt right after having surgery! The guy is absolutely nuts and I can't say that's a bad thing! I really thought he was gonna kill Koito. The relief I felt when he just knocked him out was immense haha I like Koito and I want him to live for a long time yet!

Can't wait for a season 4!
Dec 22, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
This third season saw Golden Kamuy continue with its usual contrasting tones, but the big change it made was changing the group dynamics and separating Asirpa and Sugimoto for almost the entire season. Seeing the groups gradually getting closer was somewhat frustrating from an overarching perspective, but the individual stories each episode gave us along the way were excellent and exactly what you'd expect from this show at this point. The episode with Hijikata's old "rival" from the end of the shogunate was a particular highlight despite being the least relevant to the main plot.

This ending was a bit odd, though, in that I expected Kiroranke to fight on for a bit longer and didn't expect to spend almost half an episode on the injured soldiers recovering and Ogata escaping once again. Still, it worked well enough and leaves me with optimism that we'll get a season 4 someday.

8/10
Dec 22, 2020 2:10 PM
Jan 2017
Anime of the year for me. This show never ceases to blow my expectations. And to think that people are sleeping on this greatness, this has to be the most underrated and underwatched series of all time.

9.2/10 for this season, i hope we get an announcement for s4 very soon.
Dec 22, 2020 3:12 PM

Jan 2020
The way I wanna end Ogata like put me in the anime I'll do it myself
Dec 23, 2020 1:11 PM

Feb 2008

Second best reunion of 2020.

Kiroranke made an impressive last stand, albeit lieutenant Koito foiled his final ploy. Not wishing to be outdone, Ogata staged his own daring escape.

He truly is full of surprises. If Ogata only put his intellect to use for working towards another goal…

I hope that we do not have to wait for another season for too long.
Dec 24, 2020 1:36 AM

Nov 2010
DAMN YOU, OGATA! hahahahaha
I had a blast watching this 3rd season.
It's still very good but personally I like 2nd season more than this one. The OVA of 2nd season also among the best OVA I ever watched.

RIP Kiroranke. Unfortunately, there are still mysteries in why he killed Wilk and other stuffs. Well, we will get them in the next season. I admit I became impatient of waiting after 2nd season so I read few chapters and tv tropes so I spoiled myself about some surprises in this season (Tsurumi's past, Kiroranke's death etc) so I try to be more patient this time haha.

My favourite episode is episode 8 (the dementia samurai vs Hijikata).Imo, since episode 8, the episodes are getting better than previous episodes in this season. The last episode still good and we get introduced to Mosu. Ahh.. I miss those time when the characters reacted to new food they taste.

I hope they will included Gansoku and Svetlana adventure in this season's OVA.

Pretty sure we'll get 4th season but we just don't know when it will be. I'm glad thay at least we got this 3rd season this year, amidst all these Covid-19 thingy.

Golden Kamuy is one of the few anime that made me so excited for the next episode and more. I watch less anime nowadays so I really miss these feelings. This season also made me shed few tears a bit. The group achieved their goal in getting back Asirpa and now on the way back to conclude it. We also get a big clue to the location of the gold from this journey. The journey is not a waste,just like what Kiroranke's said. In this season, we get to see some characters' past too.

No one among my friends watch this anime. Most of them talked about Jujutsu Kaisen but I'm so into Golden Kamuy for Fall 2020. I'm glad that at least it got quite strong
fanbase although not as big as other anime.
Can't wait for this season's OVA and the 4th season!!
Dec 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Nov 2015
As previous seasons: loved every bit of it. Great cast of characters with each their own fascinating backstory. It didn't top s2, which was even more awesome imo. Looking forward to more Golden Kamuy. I'm not complaining about Ogata's escape, he's a good villain (done by a good voice actor).

Quick question for the manga readers: is the manga still way ahead of the anime? Or is the anime getting close. Cheers.
Dec 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2015
Admiral_Carapils said:

Quick question for the manga readers: is the manga still way ahead of the anime? Or is the anime getting close. Cheers.

Enough material for at least one season. Dunno about two.
Dec 24, 2020 11:57 PM

May 2015
This shit is more intense than AoT final season. Hopefully Geno keeps adapting it till the end.
9/10
Dec 25, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
RIP Kiroranke... Koito slashing that bomb, wow xD

Man, this season was an absolute beast! I just can't put it into words how much i've enjoyed it! The 2nd half was absolutely insane. And fucking Ogata... that dude is a demon xD I just can't wait to see how Sugimoto will deal with him later in the story, and it will be everything but easy to do it. The quest for the gold still rages on, and Sugimoto's quest to save Asirpa from all this mess rages on as well, we just HAVE to have a 4th season soon!!

9/10 easy
Dec 25, 2020 1:55 PM

Mar 2019
CLEARLY... Best Anime of the Season... 9.9/10

But now, Best Anime of the Year.... Maybe....

It is always hard to decide which one is the Top#1...

But at least this one is for sure in the Top#5 of the Year at least...

PS: Golden Kamuy S3.. PERFECT SCORE, for me in all the 12 episodes.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 25, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2015
That was a really good season. I almost gave it a 9. I really hope there's another season cause this has gotten better and better.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 27, 2020 12:57 PM

Mar 2012
Another spectacular season
Dec 28, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
all the episodes entertained me, last episode was excellent. 9/10
Dec 29, 2020 3:04 AM

Feb 2014
Ringare said:
What an episode, very violent fights, my boss was worried RestInPissBozo
This whole piss image describes well what the season was to me, it was really bad compared to the first one, also all this russian talking confused me I had to learn the language because I didn't trust what the subtitles were translating. It disappointed me a lot
Also Asirpa was too similar to my ex wife in this season, thats a subjective thought but it killed my enjoyment.
The blindfold scenes reminded me of the "taste day' in middle school, but it wasn't that violent.

Wew that's harsh.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 29, 2020 3:08 AM

Feb 2014
This season was all about redemption, belief and longing. We had our moment of comedy routines, but damn some stories were hard to watch for the respect to even the opposing sides. Finally the trio idiots are back together. Hope to see more of their adventures animated.
PS. Also hope to see what happens with Gansuko and Svetlana.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 30, 2020 1:20 AM
Nov 2019
Considering plot, well built up and written twist, storytelling, characterization, backstories, foreshadowing, well executed comedy, thrilling fighting moments, survival through surroundings in the most realistic manner possible etc etc
Golden Kamuy Season 3 is easily best of the year for me.
Personal rating: 9/10
Dec 30, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
I saw some people were wondering if the translation from russian actually makes sense from what they say and i can tell yous its correct 99.9999999% of the time lol their russian isnt actually bad at all they just have very poor accents.
3rd season is def my favorite so far best anime of the year no doubt, perhaps my favorite of all time now, cant wait for s4
Ogata is THE badass
Dec 31, 2020 2:48 PM

May 2018
Wlep, that's it for Kiroranke Nispa, RIP to you,

Shit, still no gold found,
Jan 5, 2021 2:54 PM

Oct 2018
Glordit said:
Spin off series when?

i'd say that could be season 3's OVA
Jan 14, 2021 2:57 AM
Nov 2020
What a blast season!!
The plot, the action, the jokes, it's just awesome. Sad that we never knew what Kiroranke motives after all. And that man Ogata! What a snake! Can't wait for the next season.

This show easily 8/10 for me.
"HINNA HINAA..."
Jan 15, 2021 4:48 AM

May 2015
Its been a while since I saw the 1st and 2nd season but with that zoom in of kiroranke's makiri, theres a "scar" mark on it. Wasn't it said that the culprit of stolen ainu gold had a knife mark on his makiri?
Jan 30, 2021 5:47 PM

Apr 2019
Such an amazing and underrated anime,way better than Aot final season imho
I hope to see a season 4 soon...i will miss the characters of this beautiful series for sure.
Feb 20, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2020
So it's finally over huh?
What a ride it has been ! It was nice seeing Kiroranke pass away peacefully, I'm sure we'll see Sofia again soon, sad to think that she has lost two of the closest people she knew.
I'm Glad Lt. Koito grew on me this season , didn't really mind him in s2, that grenade slicing was next level.
Rarely do shows end with a lot of time left after the climax and i'm glad there was more, It wrapped up nicely but i'm sure they still have a journey ahead of them. Ogata escaped and I guess he would be fancying an eyepatch if we see him soon, The Badass Pirate Ogata.

9/10 , One of my favorite shows of 2020, really enjoyed it ,would definitely watch a 4th season, hoping for an announcement soon.
Mar 3, 2021 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
I'll be honest I find the "humor" of this show to be very offputting, only stalls the progress of the story which is what I am wanting to watch. Like the previous season the last few episodes were easily the best as the plot hit the accelerator and the jokes vanished. I see the source material is ongoing so I guess a conclusion to this story won't be coming anytime soon, I hope it can maintain momentum and not keep going to milk things. So many characters it won't be hard to spin its wheels and go nowhere.
Mar 20, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Season 1 was excellent but left things off with a nonending. Season 2 was still very good but had a lot of comedy I found jarring. But boy oh boy, season 3 was fire from start to finish. Every episode had me captivated. Now the wait for season 4 begins...
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 26, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 2019
maybe my favorite season

but someone help me out again? what was their end game in taking asirpa north? if they didn't have the skins, how could they have found the gold?

gonna give it an 8/10 this season

the finale was ok, nothing special, imo

what did svetlana and that fighter guy do in russia once they were free?
HagePotPotatoMar 26, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 29, 2021 5:37 PM
Sep 2020
HagePotPotato said:
but someone help me out again? what was their end game in taking asirpa north? if they didn't have the skins, how could they have found the gold?

I believe the purpose of taking Aspira to the north was to make her remember what her father had told her, so that Ogata and Kiroranke could crack the code behind the skins.

I think Kiroranke mentions this before he dies, as he questions if the trip that they took was actually useful.

Also, earlier in the season, Ogata mentions that Asphira may have forgotten what the code to the skins were.
Mar 29, 2021 8:24 PM
Oct 2019
BDJosh23 said:
HagePotPotato said:

I believe the purpose of taking Aspira to the north was to make her remember what her father had told her, so that Ogata and Kiroranke could crack the code behind the skins.

I think Kiroranke mentions this before he dies, as he questions if the trip that they took was actually useful.

Also, earlier in the season, Ogata mentions that Asphira may have forgotten what the code to the skins were.

But even if she knows the key to the code, she can't crack the code without the skins. so idk...
Mar 30, 2021 2:27 AM
Sep 2020
HagePotPotato said:
BDJosh23 said:

But even if she knows the key to the code, she can't crack the code without the skins. so idk...

Well tbh idm either. Maybe the studio skipped some info from the manga or kiroranke was just planning to look for the skins after he found the code
Mar 30, 2021 6:48 AM
Oct 2019
BDJosh23 said:
HagePotPotato said:

Well tbh idm either. Maybe the studio skipped some info from the manga or kiroranke was just planning to look for the skins after he found the code

maybe it was mentioned at the end of season 2 and i've just forgotten haha. no clue. thanks for indulging me though
Apr 17, 2021 11:23 PM

Jun 2020
Another season of Golden Kamuy ends. Best season till now. The show is getting better and better with every season. We still have a long way to go before the end, so let's hope for another banger season soon as the manga is pretty fast and there is a lot content left to adapt. Overall amazing season. 9/10.

Edit: So, are we getting a spin-off series for Gansuko and Swetlana or OVA episode?
Jul 3, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
Finally the end of Kiroranke who was quite the tough opponent for the combined effort of Tanigaki, Tsukishima and Koito. I can't believe Shiraishi mistook his own footprints for Ogata, still impressive of Ogata to escape despite his grave injury. Great season seeing the reunion and also big clue to the secret code, I can't wait for a fourth season to come.

Feb 15, 2022 7:20 PM

Jan 2012
Another wonderful season of Golden Kamuy finished. While not my favorite part of the story this was probably the best, most consistently well adapted section of it yet. No ugly cg bears here, though the cg dogs in some of the early episodes were bad, but that's a minor nitpick. Honestly the only thing I can even remotely complain about is that they skipped certain sections like Koito's backstory(boy this part of the story had TONS of expository flashbacks now that I think about it. They were all great so I'm not complaining exactly, but still) and Hijikata's second little side-plot of this arc. My boy Ushiyama got done dirty in that regard. We can hope it's either included in the upcoming Season 4 or as an extra OVA, but the uncertainty sucks. In a perfect world Golden Kamuy's anime adaptation woulda got the care and budget it deserved from the beginning like other manga that, frankly, don't hold a candle to it in my opinion did, but oh well. All we can ask is we get the rest adapted as well as possible. This series certainly deserves it, solid 9/10. And now to update my Top 10 Anime of 2020 list and read onward in the manga.
animefan8800Feb 15, 2022 7:26 PM
Mar 15, 2022 4:14 AM
Aug 2018
Golden Kamuy holds a very special place in my heart. This season certainly didn't disappoint and I loved exploring the side characters. Each character is fleshed out so well and are all intriguing. Even characters I absolutely should despise like Ogata and Kiroranke I have grown attached to. I can't wait to see what Ogata's story has in store after escaping and I especially can't wait to see Sugimoto finally getting a hold of him. I recommend this to anyone that will listen because it really kinda hurts my soul to know how few people have seen this masterpiece. "I'm renewing our contract as partners" at the end made me tear up and smile from ear to ear at the same time. I can't wait for season 4, hinna hinna! I just hope the quality of the adaptation Geno did is continued moving forward especially this season was a massive improvement in animation. Also, if you haven't picked up the manga and you love GK do so because it is phenomenal and Noda deserves all of our support and gratitude for bringing this into our lives.
Edit: Gansoku x Svetlana spinoff when because I'd definitely pay to watch that!
LiLa_ShayMar 15, 2022 4:25 AM
Apr 16, 2022 10:15 AM
Mar 2015
I'm sure Ogata gets to be an even bigger badass from now on - having two eyes got in the way of being the best sniper I'm sure...
Truth be told I got into the series knowing absolutely nothing about it (the best way to enjoy one) so imagine my surprise when Ep 12 didn't end the story LOL.
May 23, 2022 8:32 AM
May 2021
Man this series is so good, enjoyed every second of it. I like how its so unpredictable and always brings something new. Refreshing to watch. This is one of the few anime where I look forward to backstories and flashbacks because they just hit hard. Plot twists also are really unexpected. I teared up when the opening started playing at the end haha. Really can't wait for S4!
Jun 21, 2022 12:57 PM

May 2020
Ah, finally Kiroranke bite the dust. Lost the count just how many times he barely escaped, but atleast finally. Though Ogata's not the one going down the same path, atleast for sometime now. The lone wolf now, in a true sense.

This season was just everything someone could expect out of this series, though the lack of Tsurumi and Hijikata did make me feel a bit sad. But still getting masterful episodes one after another made it up for that. And I for sure won't forget that one heck of a twist, the highlight for me this season along with that penultimate episode.

Now my duty as a human being not allowing me to give this anything lower than a 9, so same as the second season, 9/10.

Really looking forward to more greatness coming in fall as a fourth season now.
Jul 9, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
RIP Kiroranke. 1st anime character I got drawn to THIS much. Im devastated by his death, but at least he passed with respect and others clearly cared about him. I'll miss him a lot and am looking forward to learning more about his backstory.

As of Golden Kamuy in general, WOW! Not the genre I usually enjoy but WOW. Near perfect balance of a good immersive story, humor, plot twists, every character unique and interesting in their own way. I can freely say Golden Kamuy has become one of my most favorite anime and Im looking forward to 4th Season! If Ill be able to get the printed manga, I DEFINITELY will. Also DEFINITELY putting up Kiroranke poster in my room xD
SnipersKgrooWifeJul 9, 2022 12:24 PM
Aug 22, 2022 6:09 AM
Oct 2019
What an Epic Finale!!

Shoutout to Koito, he fought well.
Goodbye Kiroranke.. you deserved to die after all of that.

Wow Ogata got away... He can speak Russian all this time? 😱
Season 3, Best Season so far!!

9/10

Now patiently waiting till October for Season 4.
I saw there is a Studio changed from Geno to Brain's Base, pray to Anime Jesus it will not affect the quality.
Sep 15, 2022 12:17 AM

Sep 2018
This anime is something else lol, my favourite season to date so far, 9/10. Very unique atmosphere with it's fucked up humor, captivating story and fun characters.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

107 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

62 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

121 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

51 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2020

58 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.