Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 10, 2017 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
Natsume is need of a visit from Truck-kun.
Nov 10, 2017 9:40 AM
Dec 2016
i'm really rooting for Eita x Ena now. and it makes me sad at the same time, because i've got a feeling this ship's not gonna sail.

for some reason i've been irritated with Mio since the eraser flashback scene, her crush seemed kinda stupid and far-fetched, and now she's giving the eraser back, which i suppose means she's ready to let her crush go. she's definitely starting to feel something for Eita, so when i see her watching him interact with Ena, i can't help but think "serves you right". i really wish this anime showed us that sometimes people just don't see what's under their noses and when they finally do - it's already too late. but hey, not gonna happen.
Nov 10, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
I can certainly agree that Mio doesn't really know what to do to be honest, despite me preferring her more than the other characters (I'm not a big fan of Komiya of course).

With Morikawa and Haruto perhaps sailing with their relationship, perhaps. Maybe that means this is going rather well to be fair.
Nov 10, 2017 11:39 AM
Nov 2017
Guys , This Anime Update Genre ? :v
+NTR Or No ?
Me Watch Ending Episode 6 :v
Nov 10, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2017
I see everyone trying to figure out who likes whom, and I see why; but anyway guys, they're just teens. They do not know what they want, just as we did/do, that's where plot twists live in this series (and in every other love series).
Anyway, the long trumpet scene was a really good way to gain some momentum. The final scene hit me hard, I cannot wait to see how the Komiya and Izumi relationship will evolve.
Nov 10, 2017 11:51 AM

Nov 2016
I wonder why Mio's friend doesn't like Hazuki... Could it be that she likes Haruto too? And that's why she asked Mio if she really was in love with Haruto?

I hope Hazuki won't reject Haruto just because of Mio's feelings.
Nov 10, 2017 12:52 PM
Jan 2016
Wow. I actually enjoyed this episode.
So, at the start of the episode Izumi is shown to be what I think was preparing for Suizan University entrance exams, Suizan University being Mio's university of choice. This just strikes me as weird because I don't get what this would accomplish (If I'm even interpreting the scene correctly). He hasn't confessed to her yet, nor does he even know whether his feelings are reciprocated. Was he just planning to, like, hang around her?
Seems like Izumi's relationship with Ena's progressing nicely. She probably either has or will have developed feelings for him.
So, the eraser thing. I see Mio giving Souma that eraser as her letting go of her feelings for him because he obviously likes Morikawa, and maybe because she's subconsciously developed feelings for Izumi's emo ass for some ungodly reason. Thus, she leaves one love triangle and possibly enters another between Izumi, Ena, and herself.
Also, Ena 'backing off' from Izumi was pretty cute.
The Morikawa and Souma situation is just annoying at this point. She rejected him before, and had some pretty valid reasons for doing so, but now she's reconsidering. Bitch, what is there to reconsider? You're moving to whole different city. Of course it can't work out. She's just refusing to face reality, and is meanwhile leading the poor bastard on by giving him false hope. So I guess now they're just stuck in relationship limbo.
As for the last scene of the episode, it was frickin neat. I like how as Izumi and Ena seem to grow closer in front of Mio's eyes, she's forced to confront her feelings for him. For example, the looks she gives em, and of course the 'Why'. Obviously the 'Why' could mean many things. She could be under the misconception that Izumi and Ena are a couple, and given the fact that Morikawa just cucked her, she could be wondering 'why' she's the only one left alone. She obviously doesn't like Izumi and Ena acting close, so she could be wondering 'why am I feeling like this?'. Or, of course, she could just be wondering 'why' the hell he's carrying Ena on his back.
The point is, that ending scene could mean a lot of things, and that fact has got me hooked till the next episode.
KababiDec 29, 2017 2:29 AM
Nov 10, 2017 1:17 PM
Aug 2011
The end gave the feeling that Natsume would after all like Izumi at least a bit coz she seemed to dislike seeing Izumi and Komiya together. I also feel like Komiya is starting to like Izumi and I hope to see them together in the end! After all Natsume was quite rude towards Izumis feelings so imo Izumi shouldn't care about Natsume and move on.
Nov 10, 2017 2:17 PM
Feb 2017
SpaceMarsouin said:
Quick question, what kind of letter Izumi just posted ? Is it related to college exam ?

It's an application form for the college Izumi plans going to. I think it's the same college Mio wants to go.
Nov 10, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
Interesting turn of events. It's has defiantly digressed into something much more ominous, as not much has still been said per say but done...

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Nov 10, 2017 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
Muh boy souma managed to unjust himself, but then mio goes and takes his place.

I guess I'm in the minority of kind of rooting for eita and mio more than ena. Its delusion but im holding out the smallest bit of hope they actually will just keep ena a bro and not a love triangle participant just cause i genuinely hate love triangles.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 10, 2017 5:40 PM
Jan 2016
Luishiji said:
I'm gonna be very dissapointed with this animes final episodes, because the opening kind of spoils everything about the realtionships, and I really would love IzumixEna, but opening almost says that it would end IzumixMio.
And that is kind of being visible, as if Mio stop caring about Souma's progress with Morikawa, and how she returned the eraser like pointing that it is over, and that is something I actually hate about some animes, when a character begin to feel interested in other character because their first love get into a relationship with anyone else, please I beg to be wrong and so Mio stay alone :v

Me too. At first i want to see Eita x Mio. But now, Komiya is the best girl and i really want to ship her with Eita.
Nov 10, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed it. I like that they're starting to tackle the problems head on.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 10, 2017 7:09 PM

Jun 2017
SpaceMarsouin said:
Quick question, what kind of letter Izumi just posted ? Is it related to college exam ?

it is a college exam but not to joei university where he got a recomendation at.
i assume after eita realize how bad he is on the self test on the begining of the episode and knowing that mio are going to the same university, he just want to avoid any future problem that might occur especially with mio
Nov 10, 2017 7:41 PM

Jun 2017
Eita getting Ena out of trouble seems like it will raise her flag a lot.

Haruto at least got straight told to not expect anything so if he gets his heart broken again that will be totally because of his own hype in which case he won't deserve any pity.

And welp, Mio continues being Mio, lost in limbo although the eraser scene did seem like she just closed off the Haruto route for good.

Overall it was a pretty good episode.
Nov 10, 2017 11:23 PM

Oct 2017
So,is natsume is letting go of the 'eraser'
and her feelings for souma?
And seems like souma and morikawa resolved and on good terms.
On the last scene, what happened?
Signature removed.AGAIN.
Nov 11, 2017 12:04 AM
Mar 2016
Episode 6...Ena is still the best girl.
Nov 11, 2017 12:05 AM
Jan 2014
the water effects looked nice.

that's about the only good thing i can say about this show.
Nov 11, 2017 2:00 AM

Dec 2015
Ena 100% has the hots for Eita, ship confirmed to set ashore with her reaction to Haruto's home run. Deadline for the photography competition is in a week, wonder how far she'll go?
~
Nov 11, 2017 2:25 AM

Nov 2009
I much prefer Eita with Komiya because their chemistry is so much better. And I'd rather see Haruto with Natsume, because Morikawa kinda pisses me off, she doesn't know what she wants and now she's becoming something of a dog in the manger. Eita x Natsume is something that I'd rather not see though, thank you very much. It'd look much like she fell back to her backup option because of being a bitch since her first choice didn't work out, Eita is much better off with Komiya in such a scenario.
CGNov 11, 2017 2:28 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 11, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2016
God, the soundtrack makes the feeling even more feels man
Nov 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Dec 2016
This episode have more Eita x Komiya moments. I'm ok with that, but the ending... Oops :o Mio appeared in bad timing.

Haruto is having his heart restored little by little :) He looks happy now!

Nice episode ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 11, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
best girl Ena slowly, but surely, enters the war.

but we all know how this is going to end so f** this s***
Nov 11, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
HatsumiShinogu said:
Six episodes in and sadly I still don't feel for the characters in this show. Should we really feel bad for Izumi, Natsume, Haruto and Morikawa? I don't see why we should. Natsume didn't even try to make her feelings clear to Haruto all these years, so why should I sympathize with her? And on top of that, her feelings are obviously nothing more than a crush. Izumi is doing the same thing. He liked Natsume all these years but again he never made his feelings clear. Haruto got rejected but now Morikawa is giving him hope that she MIGHT answer his feelings someday.

Honestly, it feels like Natsume doesn't even know what she wants but of course the show will make it that she has been interested in Izumi all along without realizing it. Big deal. Nothing new. And now she's starting to show some jealousy of Komiya. Komiya is the most interesting character in the show but obviously she's a plot device to bring Izumi and Natsume together. Yes, it's the obvious, predictable lame sh*t again. I would like to be proven wrong but I highly doubt.

^This! I'm having the same problem. For me it just feels flat, even though I know they are going into cliche route, the execution is not that good either to make me care about the characters. :/

Nov 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
KOMIYA IS BEST GIRL...PERIOD! And her chances of ending up with Eita are increasing. Natsume is trash an Morikawa I wanted to STRANGLE in this episode. You wait for Soma to message you, he does, and then you ignore him...JFC!!!!

MUST PROTECT BEST SMILE!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 11, 2017 9:16 PM

May 2016
I'm actually kind of worried about Eita's practice... 45/100?! Will he be able to improve his results in time (there's still so many things happening) so that his university doesn't retract his recommendation >-> It would suck if he had to end up in a shitty university

Idk I just feel that there's too many things happening for a grp of students who r abt to take university entrance exams

But then again this is anime, so... :P
Nov 12, 2017 2:07 AM
Sep 2017
I gave 5/5 coz Ena and Eita so close lately 😍😍 dunno why but I more prefer both of them than Eita x Mio

also, I enjoyed to see Morikawa x Soma.. such an adult partner 😘

overall of the story, I hate Mio 😂😂
Nov 12, 2017 2:43 AM

Jul 2009
Morikawa will give him a chance in the future, I am kinda sure...but she is worried coz she noticed Natsume have feelings for Haruto. Also, I believe Natsume doesn't love Haruto anymore, she just thought she did but she left those feelings aside, she is jealous of Izumi.

Nov 12, 2017 4:58 AM

Sep 2011
Jikoro said:
I'm actually kind of worried about Eita's practice... 45/100?! Will he be able to improve his results in time (there's still so many things happening) so that his university doesn't retract his recommendation >-> It would suck if he had to end up in a shitty university

Idk I just feel that there's too many things happening for a grp of students who r abt to take university entrance exams

That’s not how the recommendation system works. If a school is good enough it has some recommendations to specific universities that it can hand out. Once they are given you’re in and you don’t need to sit exams. What Eita is doing is practicing the test for a different university, the one Natsume is going to. He posted an application, so if he does well in the exam he could chose between his recommendation and his exam.
Nov 12, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2009
Haruto realizes his ship with Hazuki has not yet been sunk after all. Those damage control parties doing a good job putting out fires and keeping the listing ship afloat. Still, gotta be careful - he's still not yet clear of the rocks yet.

Just as Mio seemingly lets go of her own emotional baggage from her first love, it seems her own ship with Eita is already taking on water without even having left port. I'm still not quite sure how emotionally involved Ena is in the equation now though. Next episode could be interesting for their side.
Nov 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Jan 2008
taynis said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
Six episodes in and sadly I still don't feel for the characters in this show. Should we really feel bad for Izumi, Natsume, Haruto and Morikawa? I don't see why we should. Natsume didn't even try to make her feelings clear to Haruto all these years, so why should I sympathize with her? And on top of that, her feelings are obviously nothing more than a crush. Izumi is doing the same thing. He liked Natsume all these years but again he never made his feelings clear. Haruto got rejected but now Morikawa is giving him hope that she MIGHT answer his feelings someday.

Honestly, it feels like Natsume doesn't even know what she wants but of course the show will make it that she has been interested in Izumi all along without realizing it. Big deal. Nothing new. And now she's starting to show some jealousy of Komiya. Komiya is the most interesting character in the show but obviously she's a plot device to bring Izumi and Natsume together. Yes, it's the obvious, predictable lame sh*t again. I would like to be proven wrong but I highly doubt.

^This! I'm having the same problem. For me it just feels flat, even though I know they are going into cliche route, the execution is not that good either to make me care about the characters. :/

Yes, the characters are just so plain and boring. Obviously we're supposed to feel for them but I don't and I don't think I ever will. The drama is overly exaggerated. And of course it's going the cliche route. What I hate the most is when the girl doesn't show any interest in the protagonist but the moment she sees him with another girl, she gets all jealous and realizes that he might be the one she likes after all.
Nov 12, 2017 8:53 AM
Nov 2017
Oh, I like this episode. I want to take a look at the next episode, but ..
Nov 12, 2017 8:54 AM

May 2016
scruffykiwi said:
Jikoro said:

That’s not how the recommendation system works. If a school is good enough it has some recommendations to specific universities that it can hand out. Once they are given you’re in and you don’t need to sit exams. What Eita is doing is practicing the test for a different university, the one Natsume is going to. He posted an application, so if he does well in the exam he could chose between his recommendation and his exam.

Ohh... Recommendations can be retracted in my country if we couldnt score well enough to meet the criteria given by the school :L Thanks for correcting me :)
Nov 12, 2017 5:52 PM

Aug 2016
I love how the story unfolds, the new problems are integrating and with them the praises that I can give to this anime so simple but at the same time so ''human''.

Good episode
5/5
Nov 12, 2017 9:26 PM

Jul 2014
I really don't like Mio, she was often rude or cold in the first episodes and she doesn't know what she wants. For now she just brings drama to the anime by complicating things between Haruto and Hazuki then Eita and Ena. And judging by the trailers and opening, she'll most likely end up with Eita. I hope they'll make her likeable or else It's gonna be a frustrating ending...
Nov 12, 2017 9:28 PM
Apr 2017
Unfortunately Komiya is going to get rejected by the end of this, I'd bet my paycheck on it. I've seen her charecter arc before in several other romance anime. She's going to be the one to build Eita up and break him out of his moody shell only for him to take that newfound confidence and run to Natsume. Which is really ashame because her charecter is much more interesting than Natsume's. By the end I expect her to save the photography club like she wanted to do from the beginning and that'll be her victory in this story. Calling it now.
Nov 12, 2017 11:08 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode. Happy for Soma.
Nov 13, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2017
NTR'd twice in a single episode lol that's what you get for liking two guys bish
Nov 13, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Morikawa is really boring. Would be the same irl
And I dislike Souma's style. Think I posted exactly the same last week or so.

Otherwise, well, let's see.
I like Mio's ship a bit better but if Mio sails this would be boring and ultrapredictable.
LanzNov 13, 2017 9:08 AM
Nov 14, 2017 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
Neko_96 said:
SoraSenpai said:
KOMIYA IS BEST GIRL...PERIOD! And her chances of ending up with Eita are increasing. Natsume is trash an Morikawa I wanted to STRANGLE in this episode. You wait for Soma to message you, he does, and then you ignore him...JFC!!!!

MUST PROTECT BEST SMILE!

watch anime trailer cuz your trash girl will rejecte by Eita 😂😂

Ah sorry you must be mistaken. I said Komiya not Natsume. It's alright I know sometimes it's hard to differentiate between Perfection like Komiya and Trash like Natsume.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 14, 2017 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
Are Japanese somehow fixated ond erasers or something? I see this trope in every other anime.

Anyway, what a great episode. I really like how most things happens in the same way as it could have happened in the real life too (maybe only Haruto's little bit overreacting at time but that's totally fine for anime). It's way too often that the girl rejects the boy several times before she opens up and succumbs to his charms. I still wonder whether she backs off because of Natsume though.. but that would be terrible choice.

It's also really nice how naturally and fluently the relationship between Komiya and Eita builds, in fact, it's mostly those active and daring girls like those that have the biggest chance to win guy over rather than quiet, shy types that don't get their message over. Someone would be jelly here and soon. It would be great if Mio would be the only odd one in the end as she is very undecisive and honestly doesn't even know what she wants just yet.

This show quickly becomes my favourite this season, it gives us pretty great slice-of-life romance actually.

Anyone craving for more romance can just watch latest two short movies Zutto Mae kara Suki Deshita and Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan o meanwhile, those are pretty good romance choices too (with upcoming anime series Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 Centi Datta at that) but I dare to say that Just Because series has a potentional to be even better than Tsuki ga Kirei in the end.
Nov 18, 2017 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
One thing I like about this anime so far is that it has a consistent tone throughout. It's not too happy, too dramatic or too sad. But somehow I feel like there's gonna be some drama that's about to happen soon, hopefully it's handled well or else this anime overall is gonna get a 6/10 from me.

The OP might as well give a hint at who's gonna end up with who. Except Komiya because fuck characters that are interesting from the start, right?

Anywho, I'm interested in the smartphones they have. Though their designs are mostly made up imma just slip in and say.
Izumi > Looks like the LG G6 with its dual camera position
Natsume > Looks like an iPhone to me but the OS looks like an android
Yeah that's all I can remember, anyone knows what kind of phone the others have
Nov 21, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2015
Just get rid of the redhead girl and get the main character and the photographer together. they are so much better
Nov 23, 2017 5:43 AM

Oct 2015
Whelp looked like we are going to be in a whack, I wonder who will win in the end? Both girls are good though I prefer Komiya a bit more.
Nov 23, 2017 11:44 AM
Sep 2017
Holy shiiitt (super late ass post) i wanted to point out that the scene of Natsume giving the eraser back to Haruto while letting izumi watch is basically her Hinting to Izumi that she stopped her feelings for him, or simply Natsume returning the feelings she once had to Haruto...
Nov 23, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
I see that you can find Liberal SJW snowflakes even in Japan.

Nov 27, 2017 2:10 PM
Sep 2015
Eita and the photography girl were feeding each other and Soma misinterpreted that.
Mio gave the eraser back to Soma. (Tbh that's stupid after all those years)
At the end it started snowing.
This ep deserves a 3/5, like most of the other episodes
Nov 28, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
Soma's scream was fucking glorious lmao
Nov 28, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
Fraq12 said:
They do not know what they want, just as we did/do,..

Yes, and when they're all grown up, they'll realise that what they really want,.. is whisky (^.^)

Lord_Lamington said:
Just get rid of the redhead girl and get the main character and the photographer together. they are so much better

It also really bothers me that she only turned redhead after middle school. Like, she decided to get extra edgy for high school by relinquishing her soul.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 27, 2017 3:11 AM

Aug 2017
I don't like this episode. The erase scene is out of place and if she likes Haruto for that, it will be so forced. The Morikawa & Souta scene go to anywhere. Also i don't like the ending, is just plot device for Natsune. 2/5
NurguburuDec 27, 2017 3:45 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

355 by venbals »»
May 19, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

135 by venbals »»
May 17, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.