Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 7:32 PM
May 2015
Tokoya said:
ZeroChaos said:
Except that people feared how this season would turn out, after hearing it would be 3 Volumes instead of the normal 2. Whether he has a plan or not, doesn't change the fact it was poorly done.
Poorly done from a LN purists point of view*

It really wasn't that bad as you guys want it to be

Anyway, my advice to all of you is to stop jumping to conclusions and see where things goes in S4 and to please get this ridiculous notion that the only way an adaptation can succeed is if it's completely identical to the source material....

I get enough of that shit from Fai and The Salt Brigade every weekend and I don't need to see it here too

Just do what I do, think of it as 2 separate universes. Like Rosario + Vampire..........I will start reading the LN though
Jun 20, 2015 8:30 PM
Jan 2014
12 was never released ,it supposed be 10am it never came out
Jun 20, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
Worst season of the series imo. Maybe because I expected better....
Jun 20, 2015 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad I don't read manga/ln so i won't rant about the source material being butchered... Good season, but s1&2 were definitely better. Too bad they didn't play this ost in the entire season

I thought TNK was saving it for the last episode. 8/10
Jun 21, 2015 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
CLBGM said:
I'm glad I don't read manga/ln so i won't rant about the source material being butchered... Good season, but s1&2 were definitely better. Too bad they didn't play this ost in the entire season

I thought TNK was saving it for the last episode. 8/10

My second fav after the Main theme...... I never knew I was into classics till listening to this lol
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jun 21, 2015 4:36 AM

Apr 2015
Well , this season was the worst but the last episode was kinda good. We all know it's about money, so we'll just wait for a season 4 ~~. Waiting for Issei, the harem king.
My candies :
Jun 21, 2015 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
pretty much expected that he will just let himself be beaten up until Rias comes back to her senses, If you as me that's seems pretty much more like a masochist to me... he should at least subdue her a bit... not that way...
yep they butchered the LN... :3
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 21, 2015 6:56 AM

Apr 2013
Relixas said:
This season of Highschool DxD is worse then other seasons adaptation-wise however it manages to not trainwreck and butcher it whilst being entertaining and a descent finale.

However i have to point out some major scenes left out. (personally)

-Issei and his training, also that the girls acknowledge his physique and praises him for his hard work.

I agree, it would have been nice to just see a noticable change in his physique there. If there was a change, i didn't notice it. It wasn't a deal breaker for me though.

Relixas said:

-RATING GAME.

I assume you mean the rating game against the Sitri group. That would have been great to see, it would have been a better way to show off their training improvements than in a fight against Loki but whatever. They already had one rating game against Diodora Astaroth's group, so I guess having two in one season would have been too many.
Jun 21, 2015 7:04 AM

Apr 2008
curzon17 said:
Relixas said:
This season of Highschool DxD is worse then other seasons adaptation-wise however it manages to not trainwreck and butcher it whilst being entertaining and a descent finale.

However i have to point out some major scenes left out. (personally)

-Issei and his training, also that the girls acknowledge his physique and praises him for his hard work.

I agree, it would have been nice to just see a noticable change in his physique there. If there was a change, i didn't notice it. It wasn't a deal breaker for me though.

Relixas said:

-RATING GAME.

I assume you mean the rating game against the Sitri group. That would have been great to see, it would have been a better way to show off their training improvements than in a fight against Loki but whatever. They already had one rating game against Diodora Astaroth's group, so I guess having two in one season would have been too many.

Can you even call the AStaroth segment a rating game tho?
Jun 21, 2015 8:15 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, at least I managed to hear the Oppai song in the final episode. :o But this season as a whole was underwhelming... :(
Jun 21, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2013
Sorry to say, but this season is at the bottom of the current three seasons. This episode was kinda off and mostly dull. Not much to say really, except for predictable, underwhelming and a little bit of a disappointment. Sigh... :(
Lowered my score just because of the last episode and this episode. 7/10.
I still won't doubt that it won't get a 4th season. Good as an Ecchi though.
Jun 21, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
underwhelming for sure, kind of butchered the LN indeed
but it could be worse
4/10 from me
Jun 21, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
As somebody who doesnt follow the LN or Manga and really enjoyed the first two seasons I feel really let down by this season. Especially this last episode kinda annoyed me. Maybe I was expecting too much from this season.

My personal highlight was Issei goin berserk and transforming.

6/10 I do hope there will be another season tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
ElKiddoLoco said:
As somebody who doesnt follow the LN or Manga and really enjoyed the first two seasons I feel really let down by this season. Especially this last episode kinda annoyed me. Maybe I was expecting too much from this season.

My personal highlight was Issei goin berserk and transforming.

6/10 I do hope there will be another season tho.

That was also the last scene that even remotely followed the Novel. Coincidence? I think not
Jun 21, 2015 9:31 AM
Apr 2014
meh was somewhat okey for me. Although I do agree, the previous seasons were much better than this. Got some of the feel waves in those seasons but not so much here......

Don't read LN at all... but changes don't surprise me at all as it's quite a norm (50 shades, gone girl, other anime etc)

well until then if this is the end it was a great journey, if not don't mind a season 4 ;D
Jun 21, 2015 9:42 AM
Feb 2015
An ok end issei and rias shared a kiss but they don't remember it. It ended up with a happy ending. Hopefully there is a 4th season since rias has all her pieces and they can have nice battles. Want a battle with issei and vali too
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 21, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2012
Terribl3/10
Jun 21, 2015 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
fear80 said:
My second fav after the Main theme...... I never knew I was into classics till listening to this lol

With main theme you mean this one right?
Jun 21, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2008
I don't know man...

As a Rias a fan this was a great episode. All the time for her. Only her and Issei (not me duh, haha).

But I'm like do I like this season or I don't like this season.
I know that I like DxD. I began reading LN because of DxD. I read them all on a rush at end of S1. I was happy that we get OVAs, S2 and even S3.
Still I'm happy to watch season 3.

But also I'm not sure if those changes were the best idea of the author himself.
It's also like "Why not staying with the original source?" My only answer is not enough time for that. I hate those 12/13 episodes long Anime.

Sure, doing 24/25 takes more money and stuff but you can at least tell the story instead make the LN fit in a 12 episode long Anime. But this sadly not for DxD like that. But I'm not crying for this fact.

It's just a feeling that this season just want to finish DxD anime wise. Which would make me really sad.

Anyway - I hope we get another season so we can see what the author of the LN wanted to show us or what he planned for this series.

Time to check the BD sales when they come out!
Jun 21, 2015 10:57 AM
Jan 2015
I liked the previous 2 seasons more than this one :/ maybe ive grown up a bit :D i don't know, but i could not ignore the bad animation in some parts like when the Big Red Dragon (Dragon of Dragons) was exiting the other dimension.
Jun 21, 2015 11:23 AM
Oct 2012
all right! that was some good stuff now let's cheer for season 4!
Jun 21, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2008
Man so much complaining about the season... I get that LN purist are disappointed and if I had read the novels I probably would be too but it was still much better that most other harem anime on this site (with exeption of course of To Love-Ru which is king of the harem anime/mangas) Just because they made some changes doesnt mean that it is a bad anime as a hole! Yes it could be better but I think the plot will come together nicely next season.
Jun 21, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
[SIZE=170]SEASON 4, SEASON 4, SEASON 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
Jun 21, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
As much as i love DxD, i have to agree that this episode and the last 2 or 3 were bad and this episode especially was awful.
This was for the most part a good season, but its easily the weakest of the three
8/10, might change to a 7
Dissapointed but still hoping for a season 4
Jun 21, 2015 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
At the end, i'm disappointed.
Just when i think they were going to some outcome and new level of relationship, they at the 2 part of episode just destroy that all and returned to what season begins - "Buchou" instead of "Rias", and "Rias is happy just how things are going now" instead of "Rias realized that she does not want to share Issei with anyone".

The meaning of the last 3 episode was so easy destroyed, so it becomes to there was no reason in this episodes at the end.
Jun 21, 2015 12:03 PM

May 2012
some romantic development :D only to be forgotten -_-

lol, but issei evolved into blastoise!!
Jun 21, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
Underwhelming, lacking and rushed...
But I still had lots of fun watching this season so 8/10.
Jun 21, 2015 12:59 PM
Apr 2015
Rapaz, cinco mina na cama do Issei hahahahahaha
Issei x Rias, o Dragão dos dragões...
Clã da Rias completo, amei o final o/

I loved the ending!
Came the dragon of dragons
had protagonism ? Yes, we had ... but I enjoyed haha
Rias clan is complete , I like that woman v:
Jun 21, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
They SOMEHOW managed to SOMEHOW save this series from a total downfall.
Although I wanted Issei to start calling Rias by her name, I can't really complain, because the ending was satisfying enough.

And, and AND the Oppai Dragon Song! I've waited so long! And now I can die in peace.

8/10. I'm expecting more and more oppai!
Jun 21, 2015 1:19 PM
Sep 2014
Lets list all the things they've butchered in this season:

-Rushed Training.**
-Skip Sitri Rating Game which also means:
-Skip Dividing Gear.*
-Skip Saji's development completely(lol, not just him).
-Fenrir and Loki's designs
-Skip Midgardsormr, which was the one who told them in the first place to use Mjolnir(which is a copy) and the chains.**
-Skip breast fairy, and Chichigami(Breast God)***, making Issei, who's IMPURE TO THE CORE, able to wield a hammer that doesn't let anyone unworthy(READ AS IMPURE) even raise it.
-NTR alternate loki thing.*#
-Boosted Gear copies.*
-Rush Triaina(Those cannons were Triaina's Welsh Bishop Blasters), he was meant to get that at Kyoto, which means:
-Skip Kyoto, Which means:
-Skip Kunou*
-Skip Son Goku*
-Skip Hero Arc*
-Skip Oppai Zombie Army Ritual***

* stands for plot Butcher, not just LN things changed, things that make it utterly impossible to make a sequel from the LNs
** stands for comedy butcher
*** stands for both plot and comedy murder
# stands for THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Thanks for reading! :D
Jun 21, 2015 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Rias is back to normal.

Rossweisse has joined Rias's clan.
Jun 21, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
MisterKaos said:

-Rushed Training.**
-Skip Dividing Gear.*
-Skip Midgardsormr, which was the one who told them in the first place to use Mjolnir(which is a copy) and the chains.**
-Skip breast fairy, and Chichigami(Breast God)***, making Issei, who's IMPURE TO THE CORE, able to wield a hammer that doesn't let anyone unworthy(READ AS IMPURE) even raise it.
-Boosted Gear copies.*
-Rush Triaina(Those cannons were Triaina's Welsh Bishop Blasters), he was meant to get that at Kyoto, which means:
-Skip Kunou*
-Skip Son Goku*
-Skip Hero Arc*

* stands for plot Butcher, not just LN things changed, things that make it utterly impossible to make a sequel from the LNs

So, no Season 4 eh?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 21, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
What did Issei say to Rias on the beach?

or is it one of those moments they'll never tell?
Jun 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
The Oppai Dragon Song is going to be my new ringtone

I want a season 4 right now

Jun 21, 2015 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
Tacoo said:
What did Issei say to Rias on the beach?

or is it one of those moments they'll never tell?

Issei whispers "Rias" into Rias's ear

Jun 21, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
I'd still watch a 4th season
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jun 21, 2015 1:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
As someone who's never read the LN's, I thought this season was just fine. Plus, with the author at the helm, I have no worries whatsoever.

The end was kind of predictable though. The battle went really quick, then the rest of it was merely reflection and whatnot.

I will laugh at all the nay sayers when the inevitable season 4 arrives.

The season as a whole though was good, I think I'll give it an 8. I gave season two a 9, and season one a 10. Hopefully when season four gets here the score doesn't drop to a 7.
Jun 21, 2015 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
4/10. Boring and rushed. Too much things felt skipped as an anime only viewer. Last villain was trash tier too.
Jun 21, 2015 2:17 PM
Nov 2014
It was expected all along.. from a standpoint of dint read the light novel of course ~
was wondering if they gonna make season 4, as the ending suggested.. it seems like they wont..

the ending fight was boring.. intense? No. interesting? No. emotional? A little bit i can admit that.

still prefer the ending of season 2 thou ~
Jun 21, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2008
Todd_ said:
As someone who's never read the LN's, I thought this season was just fine. Plus, with the author at the helm, I have no worries whatsoever.

The end was kind of predictable though. The battle went really quick, then the rest of it was merely reflection and whatnot.

I will laugh at all the nay sayers when the inevitable season 4 arrives.

The season as a whole though was good, I think I'll give it an 8. I gave season two a 9, and season one a 10. Hopefully when season four gets here the score doesn't drop to a 7.

Must be good to live in ignorance. That way you never see the shit you're being fed when it could have been a delicacy
Jun 21, 2015 2:35 PM
Jun 2015
This episode was okay and a little predictable, but it was still a good episode. Please let me know if there will be a season, oh and because of all the other things going on in the episode Issei's battle with " himself" was very short and that made me a tad disappointed, but again it was still a good episode.
Armando18gJun 21, 2015 2:39 PM
Jun 21, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Everyting up until episode 7 was nearly perfect minus all oponents exsept Loki (and Sairaog but he is not enemy) being terribly weak and beaten easily i was extremely dissapointed that freed is turned even more into poop tier why bringing him back ffs .

Odin was fucking boss as espected loving old fart. Also Rossweisse is flipping adorable hope she gets more attention next season possibly :)

From ep 8 to 9 i was like dxd turned half way into fucking Twillight thing i despice.
Some moments were so forced i wanted to puke.

And Diodora is probably most worthless villain i ever saw pathetic waste of time and build up.

Lucifers little showcase of part his power was awesome, and JN mode saved it oh and every scene with Azazel as usual guy is best.

And then episode 10 comes, no words, i know it never actually happened in original but it is still bad bad bad bad thing for them to use this shit.

Fights were teribly short and dumb huge amount of ooc for plot purpose and all that .

Same with pretty much everyting else until the end minus part when Rias and Issei were honest to each other for once, but not like it matters because they forgot about it T------T.

8/10 lower then first 2 seasons i cant rate it lower(although it deserves at least 1 lower) because i actually like this show because characters they grow on me and i had alooot of fun again.

Not only because fanservice i could watch it even without half of it.
I sure hope they make next season and turn it into best season yet.
ExowaveJun 21, 2015 2:53 PM
Jun 21, 2015 2:44 PM
Mar 2009
Great ending.

The series didn't have the usual high energy of HS DxD, but it was good fun and I really enjoyed it. The concepts presented were interesting and the fact that it varies from the LN makes it more valuable, to me.

The slight schism between Prez (Rias) and the MC (Issei) was also resolved in this arc, so she no longer feels slighted by him and his harem ambitions and whatnot, but rather, everyone lives in better harmony together.

So having the whole team integrated better was a bonus.

About the health and pension plans, though... since when have they ever used external health services that they need to pay for, and do they even get a salary, much less pension? That would have been sort of an interesting aspect, if it existed, but... I don't see it fitting into the universe. So the joke fell sort of flat but also at the same time made me think a bit, perhaps that was the deeper intention.

off-topic rant about video-games:
Jun 21, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2015
The ending was ok.
But Issei forgot everything from the Dimensional Gap so he does not know that feeling Rias has?

That bothers me a bit but all in all im looking forward to the next season

"I learned so much from the people that never existed"
Jun 21, 2015 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty weak compared to s1 & s2. I'll guess I go for a 7/10
Jun 21, 2015 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Rias was saved, obviously. The fight were a bit disappointing imo, bu it was still a great episode overall.

9/10 for me, this last arc felt a bit weird. 2nd season is still the best.
Jun 21, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2014
Didn't really like these 2 last episodes.. Thought they were kinda lackluster.
But overall i think this series was good. I surely had some really damn great moments (Issei rage in the Asia death scene) to name one.

Overall as anime only I rate this 7/10, same as new.

Should start reading the LN's soon though :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
Issei was able to turns Rias back to her normal self and defeated the fake Issei that Loki creat.
Rossweisse join Rias's household...meaning another plus to the harem.
Overall, it great show.
10/10...Looking forward to season 4 if there is going to be one and hope there will be one.
Jun 21, 2015 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
MisterKaos said:

-Rushed Training.**
-Skip Dividing Gear.*
-Boosted Gear copies.*
-Skip Kunou*
-Skip Son Goku*
-Skip Hero Arc*

I didn't like this season much but fuck off with the bait.
Jun 21, 2015 6:17 PM
Jun 2015
Does anybody know what happens to Loki?
I thought that they were going to try and break the seal Loki put on himself

I wish that they would put an epic fight between Issei and Vali vs Loki
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.