Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 1, 2020 11:50 AM
Feb 2019
Didn't anyone have a feeling that this show abused Shonen tropes too much? (Like solving any problem with hope and friendship, screaming and talking to each other in the middle of a fight, and such)
Jun 27, 2020 2:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one strong finish! Ufotable with their A-game is an absolute treat, like seriously. Just the finish this show needed after a lukewarm mid-phase.

Lenka's transformation in the end giving the chills to Pita was pretty chilling, to be honest. Never going to get tired of those, lol. I was expecting him to die this episode given how the last 3-4 episodes played out but it's good that I was proven wrong.

Amazing teamwork from the Squad as well and an extra spoonful of Soma's awesomeness which is simply fab!

Rindou's is clearly alive and well, judging from the smoke and the God Gear activating, which is a nice addition too, in my opinion. I'm glad he has finally called it quits with Fenrir now, judging from his arm with the bracelet off, and is clearly set on another method to preserve humanity.

I'm really curious as to whether or not he is in cahoots with the Doctor though. Would make for an interesting twist in the story, I suppose.

As for the whole show in general, it was an entertaining ride with great audiovisual input. Just what you'd expect from the wonderful folks over at Ufotable. Story-wise, it was fine. Objectively mediocre perhaps but the Characterization was pretty cool. I've heard this anime adaption focused more into this and I'm more invested into the characters than the over-arching plot/story many a times.

Alisa's sudden change was undeniably sudden and out of the blue perhaps but I felt like it was appropriate to reflect on the grimness of the world state. Certainly did get a little overdone but props to Lenka for working on that. Some quality fan-service to boot alongside with the other female cast.

My favourite episode has to go to Episode 10. Iroha Onee-chan, despite the short screen-time, managed to really leave an impression, after all. As for favourite character, that's obviously Rindou and I'm sure y'all would know why. Choice of VA was right on-the-mark as well, Sanji-kun!

Insert songs were all particularly great and meticulously well-timed and the use of CGI quirky, as I said before, and impressive at the same time.

As such, a solid 7/10 from my side. Definitely interested in checking out the games.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 26, 2020 3:18 PM

May 2015
KNEW IT!! I knew Lindow wasnt dead. It was just his arm that was eaten.

Im really glad Lenka wasnt dead either. I was worried they'd kill him to fit into the game continuity or something but luckily they didnt. He seems to be some sort of hybrid now with the yellow eyes. Thats cool.

Overall this was a great series and DAMN that soundtrack was amazing. The only disappointment would be Alisa. She started off good them dropped the ball later on. Lenka on the other hand was just likeable throughout the whole thing along with Lindow. Both of them were great. Lenka was definitely one of the more likeable MCs Ive seen in anime. He was caring but serious, having great commanding skills and decent combat skills and overall just a nice character to follow during this series.

I just bought God Eater 3 yesterday cause of how much I like this anime so cant wait to make my own character and re-enter this world again. Im definitely gonna get this anime series on dvd. It was good.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 11, 2020 1:34 PM
May 2020
Ok so...sequel? I doubt it, considering demon slayer is making WAY more money for the studio.
Nov 8, 2020 3:13 AM

Oct 2019
Coming for the underboob, staying because it's more than just underboob (lol).

Played the game years ago so I know where this show is going, as they still adapt important point from the game. 8/10.
andrearionaNov 8, 2020 3:17 AM
Mar 2, 2021 8:46 PM
Oct 2019
i'm shocked. this show actually recovered from that awful mid-season streak of poor episodes

i'm guessing that was the old squad leader hiding out and smoking with all those cans at the end there. but was that a woman who soma nearly spotted? maybe he found her and she's helping him? i have no idea

yup, douchebag scientist is trying to end the world in order to "save" it. NONSENSE. and that other douchebag scientist is just letting him do it. at least that russian dude died, if for no other reason than to end his sexual assault of new type chick

disappointed that new type guy didn't retain his golden hair and almost fully transformed skin. i thought maybe he'd transform into an "intelligent" gojira or something

i'm gonna give this 7/10. pretty average overall but with a very good first episode and a fairly strong ending (with a weak middle haha). certainly wouldn't mind watching a sequel
Jul 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Apr 2018
Quite a good final episode. The last fight with Pita was a long, bloody and hard one. The teamwork was pretty good which led to them trapping Pita for a bit. All this sadly after Rindou's death. I was quite happy when they managed to harm Pita lol but that wasn't a really good idea ig. Made him even more mad. But but, Lenka used the piece that he cut off Pita as a God Eater. WHICH TRANSFORMED HIM INTO GOKU.
That was some next level transformation (Really thought he died after that lol)

Anyway, really want a second season from this. All the cliffhangers and mysteries are really interesting. Director's plan, Doctor's plan to save humanity are both interesting enough to look forward. And the new character in the end that gave Rindou food. (it's prob Rindou xD)

Conclusion: A really good final episode to end the serie. I must say the plot was kinda weird. But the animation was top tier. A mix between CGI and hand drawn animation. It only took me 1 episode to get used to it.

The soundtrack was phenomenal, really beautiful. Going to listen to it later again.

Characters were pretty likeable. Espically Soma, Rindou, Alisa and Lenka.

The fanservice was great, didn't expect that from ufotable lol. But wow, the underboobs were 10/10.

Final score: 7/10, +1 for under boobies from Alise = 8/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 15, 2021 6:49 PM

Mar 2015
This started a little boring but it improved and became interesting in the last episodes. I loved Lenka's laser canon sword.

Feb 15, 2022 3:09 AM

Aug 2020
Super saiyan Lenka. Rip rindou.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 25, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime!!! I liked this a lot, especially the handsome mc
Apr 30, 2022 5:41 AM

Jun 2012
This anime seemed to sabotage itself for no reason. If the 10th episode was instead the 1st, then this anime would have both made more sense and had more early hype (since it was much better than the actual 1st ep). Instead that backstory ep was in the worst place of all, ep 10 which aired months after ep 9 when people surely stopped caring.

Also I assume Alisa has the most MAL favs due to stuff from the game, because she's completely worthless in the anime. Starts off as a bit annoying and then has a series of mental breakdowns, truly inspiring stuff. I was considering trying the games but no dual audio when I like so many of the Japanese VAs is a bit rough.
Dec 26, 2023 10:36 PM

Dec 2018
Lindow is dead…. Or is he alive? Wondering....
Well, yeah… the only way to cut that hard strong skin is its own blade. Not bad, Pita is a strong Aragami indeed. Lenka golden hair turn back to black again? Those cliff hanger…..

Early episode is not so good.... but it turn out okay... Just Alisa underboobs, Lindow older sister big breast and sometime Sakuya breast is the most appealing in this series....
When I checked their original game art.... Ufortable actually making those 3 girls breast so huge... But they look sexier with big breast for sure...

Jan 4, 7:30 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to Nikmomo93
Lindow is dead…. Or is he alive? Wondering....
Well, yeah… the only way to cut that hard strong skin is its own blade. Not bad, Pita is a strong Aragami indeed. Lenka golden hair turn back to black again? Those cliff hanger…..

Early episode is not so good.... but it turn out okay... Just Alisa underboobs, Lindow older sister big breast and sometime Sakuya breast is the most appealing in this series....
When I checked their original game art.... Ufortable actually making those 3 girls breast so huge... But they look sexier with big breast for sure...
@Nikmomo93 The anime was made just to promote the game, Lindow is better explored as a character there, and in a much more interesting way. This anime is a good example as to why I think anime adaptations of games are bad.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 24, 3:45 PM
Mar 2022
Lenka OP :) <3......
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.