Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 20, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
So this is what it's like to absolutely dislike an MC who is the pinnacle of beta cucklord.
Jul 20, 2020 2:24 AM
Jan 2019
Cringe MC. Currently watching this for the waifus and the character development. Yeah "development" (2 years of serializations and just a minor development lol).

edit: maybe I just dislike his personality. man, grow some balls!
spring22Jul 20, 2020 8:14 AM
Jul 20, 2020 2:56 AM

Feb 2008
Mami is bad news. That girl is dangerous...

The main character ought to change his name to Kuzu and be over with it. No backbone whatsoever, even as her rental girlfriend stood out for him.

On the other hand, Chizuru was amazing.
Jul 20, 2020 2:57 AM

Oct 2012
DemonVlceChiefHT said:
That dining scene was hard to watch. Why in the fuck did he just let Mami talk shit about him? Like even after your "girlfriend" stood up for you, you proceed to stand up for Mami, and fucking accept what she said, like holy shit, Kazuya, are you the first human invertebrate or some shit. Also, why is Mami even talking like that to him in the first place, yeah, he got another girlfriend after your ass left him, stay off his dick, and go find someone else too.

Also that finale scene. She's all like "I had no idea you had such a manly side too you" and then proceeds to invite him to her house. I mean, It's so obvious that she is just trying to manipulate him, and I guarantee it, he's gonna fall for it, and probably get dumped again, or used.

One thing the anime should put more emphasis on is that he's still in love with Mami (and he would do anything to get her back). One jerking off scene in his room wasn't probably enough to convey this thing to most of the viewers.

The main character is meant to be unlikeable and hopeless in the beginning (and he still does pretty questionable things even in later chapters). I would even say it's on purpose to spark reactions like these. But he gradually changes through the time and while still acting silly at times, he can get his shit together and be dependable in times when it's really needed.
Jul 20, 2020 8:06 AM

Mar 2014
I do wonder how long is the MC is going to grow some balls, I thought he was pathetic but now I'm convince he is a bitter pathetic loser who don't deserve to be "save" by Chizuru all the time
RedChromeJul 20, 2020 8:22 AM
Jul 20, 2020 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
spring22 said:
Cringe MC. Currently watching this for the waifus and the character development. Yeah "development" (2 years of serializations and just a minor development lol)

Minor development ?? Oh god this is gonna be a painful ride even with the cute "waifus"......
Jul 20, 2020 8:12 AM
Jan 2019
RedChrome said:
Minor development ?? Oh god this is gonna be a painful ride even with the cute "waifus"......

it is okay but not at the same level as bokuben and gotoubun kind of waifu manga/anime. the MC is such a beta
spring22Jul 20, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 20, 2020 8:24 AM

Mar 2014
spring22 said:
RedChrome said:

it is okay but not at the same level as bokuben and gotoubun kind of waifu manga/anime. the MC is such a beta

I see well those guys are just idiotic but this one he is a bitter and ungrateful loser, so since he has little development I think it's going to be hard for me to enjoy this anime
RedChromeJul 20, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 20, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2019
Why this isn't a hentai! I really wanna see that main bitch banged so bad.
Jul 20, 2020 11:13 AM
Feb 2017
Does anyone of you knows how many episode will they release for this season? I hope they should do 24 episodes. 😊
Jul 20, 2020 12:11 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Gone from incredibly fun to infuriating in one episde...
Wonder how's it all gonna turn up.

Jul 20, 2020 6:47 PM
Jul 2019
I’m really not digging this, very unlikable characters for me personally so far, I might give it another episode but if it’s more of the same I’ll probably drop it :(
Jul 20, 2020 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
The first episode was truly great and funny, but this episode...especially the dinner scene, was really hard to watch.
I know that's his personality etc but watching her talking s** about Ichinose, and then she even left and he didn't go after her, fml. So hard to watch...

The whole scene where he forgot that he had to visit his grandma, this is getting a little bit way too real.

But that ending said it all, his ex is just manipulating him and he can't see that, while Chizuru clearly sees that.

It was a great episode but it was still hard to watch, Chizuru is carrying this 100%.
I do wonder how things would have ended if she didn't save him when his grandma came... Maybe that would help him man-up, while that doesn't happen he will continue lying. And it will be interesting to see how Chizuru will react to everything that's coming in the next episode...

Almost forgot, the OP had a few tweets talking apparently about the mc and Chizuru, i do wonder if those were real tweets by someone from the anime or they were made up for the OP.

AivanKJul 20, 2020 7:47 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 20, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
Yikes. If Kazuya wasn't already over his ex, the moment where she spilled all his personal stuff in front of everybody should have been the ultimate turn off and a red flag. I'm really hoping for some major development with him, I'm not a fan of the pathetic protagonist. I love Chizuru though! Hoping she smacks some sense in Kazuya !
Jul 20, 2020 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
Oof she even lives in the same apartment as Kazuya lol.

Pretty messy episode, things escalated fast and it got messier with every minute. Thou Chizuru us truly an angel, too adorable.

Also Mami seems dangerous, gives off a really scary vibe.
Jul 21, 2020 5:40 AM
Jan 2019
foretold said:
what is the appeal of this show.

i enjoyed it for the waifus and the animation. not really for the plot since kazuya will always be kazuya
Jul 21, 2020 2:04 PM
Mar 2020
Had to drop this. Having read the manga, the direction and pacing is too absurd and terrible. The ending where mami badmouth kazuya was terribly executed. It was such an intense and serious moment but they use funny ost and jokes direction. What a terrible person who is the director of this anime
Jul 21, 2020 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
nanimeanswhat said:
ayaan692 said:

wtf how is kazu a lovely main?
im seriously judging you right now

He feels natural, he's fun and he's grandma's boy. I enjoy watching a loser like him much more than I enjoy an edgy asshole like Hachiman or a perfect bishounen shoujo lead. He has a lot of room for character development and I'm in for it.

Okay but this show and Oregairu aren't shoujo as a few others already pointed out.

Edit: Also everyone rightfully shitting on Mami but Kazuya's friends are also truly awful people. Like they're almost as bad as the MC's friends in DXD.
Jul 21, 2020 8:14 PM

Feb 2012
This MC is outstandingly stupid huh

couldn't help but cringe when he accepted to go with this total unscheduled drinking party and then sat there in front of his ex after she badmouthed him... then going home with her LOL

this show is going to be a glorious dumpster fire
Jul 21, 2020 10:55 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
@foretold the song/voice actresses for sure

maybe you will like this version of the ep
Fuwa_sanJul 21, 2020 10:59 PM
Jul 22, 2020 8:36 AM

Jul 2019
Thus far I find Mami to be a total bitch who can shit on other people but can't take shit herself.
Jul 22, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2015
That Ep. 3 preview at the end though.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jul 22, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2009
foretold said:
what is the appeal of this show.

Do you seriously not know what is an appeal in haremshit? GIRLS
Jul 22, 2020 5:49 PM
Dec 2019
damn, why is the mc so mean :(

it’s a shame really, i adore the art style and overall premise, but his personality ruins it all
Jul 22, 2020 5:52 PM
Dec 2019
Avichii said:
Avichii said:
“i really wanna see that main bitch banged so bad” yeah❤️
Jul 22, 2020 7:58 PM

Mar 2020
Oh hell no fuck this pussy ass MC
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Mar 2009
I don't know how much longer I can continue watching this.
Jul 23, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2012
Your ex decides to break up with you on her own, but when you have a new partner, she suddenly becomes salty and jealous. I'm glad to see that gender relationship in Japan are not at all different from Russia, lol.

For a long time I could not understand why I am so familiar with Chizuru's voice. It's Aqua! Ironically, the useless goddess suddenly became the most helpful girl on the show.
Jul 23, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
nanimeanswhat said:

He feels natural, he's fun and he's grandma's boy. I enjoy watching a loser like him much more than I enjoy an edgy asshole like Hachiman or a perfect bishounen shoujo lead. He has a lot of room for character development and I'm in for it.

Okay but this show and Oregairu aren't shoujo as a few others already pointed out.

Edit: Also everyone rightfully shitting on Mami but Kazuya's friends are also truly awful people. Like they're almost as bad as the MC's friends in DXD.

That's what I said
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jul 23, 2020 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
The plot to this show seems bogus. There's no point in prolonging the charade, and it was almost done with but Chizuru changed her mind for some reason.
Jul 23, 2020 6:36 PM
Oct 2019
if you're not reading the manga you better read it. the manga is better than the anime because there really remove some small detailed in the manga.

In the manga grandma (Kinoshita, Nagomi) is actually escape from the hospital she just want to go his grandson to see his (Rented) girlfriend and Kinoshita, Kazuo (Kazuya's father) Went to the apartment to take back grandma back to the hospital And Kazuya's father he see that he giving a money to Ichinose, Chizuru

But I still going to watch this anime

-Is this make it sense. actually I’m a Filipino so my English is not good
AngeloSilvaJul 23, 2020 7:40 PM
Jul 24, 2020 5:46 AM

Oct 2019
bruh i don't like kazuya
Jul 24, 2020 9:51 AM

Mar 2014
This shit is so hard to watch. It's so cringey I have to pause every now and then, especially at the dining scene. MC is so pathetic and a real simp. And his friends are total trash too. I'll probably keep watching this to see how the relationship between the MC and Chizuru will develop, but unless he has some character development I doubt it will be more bearable.
Jul 24, 2020 11:53 AM

Feb 2020
The op is so good. I can't stop watching it.

I really don't like that blonde bitch, Mami, at all. Not one bit.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 24, 2020 7:20 PM

Jun 2020
Syureria said:
Is this what is called a destiny? Unexpected coincidence, same campus, same apartment, oh shit. Besides that it seems that Kazuya was forced to keep a secret about their relationship.

I thought Chizuru would reject Kazuya, all of this was only for grandma. Kazuya is masturbating, oh shit. I thought it would be a fun party but what the heck is this atmosphere.

They're called clichés and Chizuru is a tsundere as evidenced by her speaking up for Kazuya. Kazuya didn't rub one off. Chizuru knocked on his door before that. How is the atmosphere of a room in which one's ex-girlfriend is meeting one's girlfriend supposed to be? Tense.
"
Jul 24, 2020 7:35 PM

Sep 2017
What the hell, Kazuya? You don't have self-respect. Also, Mami is a bitch.
Jul 26, 2020 9:16 PM

Aug 2017
MC is so lame it's painful.

He'll go bankrupt at this rate too. Then he can jump off a bridge. The end.
Jul 27, 2020 9:47 AM

Aug 2014
whoa they are going full throttle forward with the story and seems breaks are broken :d tissues, girl fight and that ending. Last episode granny asked about sex ;d I wonder what age restriction is this anime?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 2, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
Hahahahha this show is so good. This episode was pretty good especially the friend gathering part at the end. Mami-Chan why you gotta do him like that. Kazuya just can't get over Mami huh.
Aug 3, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2020
Kazuya, go fuck yourself, if you need to say, just say it, motherfucker
Aug 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Apr 2020
Veterans are abler than recruits. Kazuya's grandmother saw through their breakup from the start, but in the end Chizuru's heart was softened and went to help him. And then it is the plot of his ex. However, the character of this girl is so bad that she said a lot of embarrassing things about Kazuya in front of others. Finally Chizuru couldn't stand it and took his side but Kazuya showed an attitude of "I'm useless". Oh no! What a good-for-nothing Kazuya is! Again, focusing on Chizuru (and Mami) in the previous episodes is Ok. And the next episode is Mizugi-kai! Looking forward to it!

Aug 5, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2013
I was originally watching for the waifu wars but now I have to watch this as a warning. I have to try my best not to end up like the MC lol.
Aug 11, 2020 11:41 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
"never would I think a single girl would ever fall for you" ouch a little too close to home 😂

That aside, this is exactly the kind of dating trash anime I needed right now. I the jokes are funny, the girls are cute and it's just enjoyable to watch.
Aug 13, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2020
I'm starting to really dislike Kazuya. He's a very, very pathetic person. He acts carelessly without considering others' feelings. I also don't like Mami at all. Chizuru is a lot better than her. Let's see if they redeem her.

3/5
Aug 18, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know, it's 2020. And hiding your identity with only glasses is still a thing. I mean I know they just follow the manga, but I think the studio could take the liberty there to make it less obvious disguise.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 18, 2020 5:37 PM

Aug 2017
Not only do they go to the same college, but are they neighbors? This level of coincidences is at the level of Domekano lmao.

I only have this to say about the episode: FUCK MAMI. Beach episode next? :d
NurguburuAug 18, 2020 5:50 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 22, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2008
Wow I finally get it...Its not the dudes fault; his friggin ex girlfriend plays the same crummy mind games and B.S. that far to many women have been doing since the dawn of the species. No wonder the poor dudes a mess already. *smfh *
I kinda could tell already, that type of gal is sadly typical in the world, but I already know where this shows going to go now...I am just along for the ride. Its like a nature documentary.
Aug 22, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2008
Nurguburu said:
Not only do they go to the same college, but are they neighbors? This level of coincidences is at the level of Domekano lmao.

I only have this to say about the episode: FUCK MAMI. Beach episode next? :d

You know it was kinda obvious from the first episode. Somehow I could just tell Mami is a low class chick. I known hundreds, and learned of countless more in our world that string dudes alone or use them or waste a mans time like she did to the MC.
AnchientProphet2Aug 22, 2020 8:20 AM
Aug 24, 2020 6:17 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
At this point the MC has one redeeming quality and this is his grandmother. I can understand the feeling of male hopelessness and the lies to achieve a bit of self respect, but his lack of anything resembling a backbone is off putting. The grandma in the hospital lies are cute but the drinking group was pathetic. No respect for fake date, none for himself, and apparently none for the ex girlfriend. The series has to get better but at this juncture, it is "movie low point." 6/10 and teetering on the ledge.
Aug 27, 2020 6:10 PM

Jan 2019
"You're going to stay homeless for a while now," is the first lewd joke in an anime that has landed for me in a long, long while.

Assuming he doesn't get involved again, which, from the OP it looks like he unfortunately does, I'd say Kazuya dodged a major bullet in this ex of his. Seems like a real... not nice lady.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

338 by santiagoasa »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

80 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:46 AM

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show?

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

49 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.