Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 15, 2013 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
holy shit! XD
for a second I was thinking naegi gonna be killed :3
I was so relief :3
alter ego.. so it is still alive :3
Sep 15, 2013 5:16 AM

Dec 2011
Kirigiri is so sexy ^_^
And the tension from this episode was so high, holy shit! Finally a change.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 6:57 AM
Jul 2018

Hmmmm~ so Kirigiri is Super Duper High School Detective, eh? No wonder she can investigate those murders like nothing. On top of it, her father is the principal of Hope Peak Academy!
Sep 15, 2013 9:01 AM

Feb 2011
lol if it was the bad ending the anime would suck lol :3
Sep 15, 2013 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Although looking at the game it was an extremely rushed episode, it was a nice one.
I'm SubPyroFlow~
Sep 15, 2013 11:33 AM

May 2012
I wonder how they'll fit that last classroom trial in 22minutes. I hope they do not skip any main ideas.
Sep 15, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
FinestFantasy said:
I wonder how they'll fit that last classroom trial in 22minutes. I hope they do not skip any main ideas.

Next episode will probably be the investigation in the first half and the first part of the trial in the second, ending with the mastermind's reveal. That way they have the entire last episode for the last part of the trial and the epilogue.
Sep 15, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
http://i.imgur.com/Z1vIf82.jpg

I seriously can't get enough of that legs.
Sep 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Sep 2011
Mittee said:
FinestFantasy said:

Next episode will probably be the investigation in the first half and the first part of the trial in the second, ending with the mastermind's reveal. That way they have the entire last episode for the last part of the trial and the epilogue.
yah im expecting this too, and they really dont need much time for the epilogue, it was what, like 2 minutes long + a 3 minute credits sequence

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
I will be so pissed if Kirigiri does not win this game/show. After this episode she is the one who must win, because she deserves it more than anyone.
Can't wait for the final trial :)
Sep 15, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mittee said:
FinestFantasy said:

yah im expecting this too, and they really dont need much time for the epilogue, it was what, like 2 minutes long + a 3 minute credits sequence

Yeah, which is why I'm looking forward to the last episode because they'll have a little more time to work with and I want to see how they handle a certain scene.

If they don't play Saisei -Rebuild- instead of the normal ED I'll flip my shit.
Sep 15, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
Mittee said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mittee said:
FinestFantasy said:

Yeah, which is why I'm looking forward to the last episode because they'll have a little more time to work with and I want to see how they handle a certain scene.

If they don't play Saisei -Rebuild- instead of the normal ED I'll flip my shit.
i really dont care about them playing that song or not, id be more dissapointed if they dont show a bunch of screenshots from the entire game(anime) during the credits, just cause that was nice.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2011
I have to admit I didn't see this final twist coming, I thought it was going to follow the formula all the way till the end, though that would have been kinda predictable. I like that they're going for all the cards in one final investigation and 'trial'. I thought Naegi was going to be the sole survivor at the end, but he'll have some company when he walks out of the school (assuming it's going to be a happy ending, which is not necessarily a given in this anime).

Was nice seeing Alter Ego one more time, even if it was just a virus it'd implanted. I was sad we had to see the cute trap die twice :P

Hmmm ... I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that all the students now show up in the ED portrait, instead of just the ones that're dead plus Naegi. Perhaps the final 2 episodes will reveal the significance of that, as well as what the pictures of the dead students together mean.
Sep 15, 2013 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
WAIT! Did Kirigiri know that Naegi was going to saved by Alter Ego?
Sep 15, 2013 7:48 PM

Apr 2010
Well this episode did it's job, but still there are many things left to explain, let's see how it ends on going

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 16, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2012
This episode was the first time I was honestly shocked at an anime. I did the whole jaw drop thing, which was a first for me with any media.
Sep 16, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2008
Rarity said:
Aww, we didn't get the bad ending.

I knew it wasn't likely, but I'd still hoped they'd have animated it, if only for the chance to see

Amused by how they gave basically everyone's lines to Togami and 90% of the pre-execution was just him monologuing.
Sep 16, 2013 7:21 AM

May 2010
Intense dialogue! Naegi got killed? No, Alter ego saved him, yes!!! Oversized garbage , OTP times!

Amazing episode, loved it!
Sep 16, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2012
Since this anime is following good ending, can someone tell me what happens in the bad ending ?

I never played the game
Sep 16, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
thepath said:
Since this anime is following good ending, can someone tell me what happens in the bad ending ?

I never played the game

Sep 16, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
I liked this episode. The execution scene is one of the best, so awesome and intense. Monokuma-sensei teaching "how life starts" and "how life ends" while you are feeling death getting closer and closer D: The only thing I didn't like is how Togami is a know-it-all, he pretty much solved it down to every little detail. The others (Asahina, Hakegure and Fukawa) are just... there. Bleh.

Unit-01 said:

No, she didn't. Kirigiri forced herself to sacrifice Naegi so that she'll live and solve the mystery. Her agenda with meeting with the headmaster, her farther, is apparently the most important goal for her. Lucky for her Naegi is easy to forgive.

thepath said:

I've seen the bad ending:
Sep 16, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2010
What I wonder most about is why Kirigiri put the blame on Naegi even though since he's not the culprit they would ALL get executed instead.. Was it so obvious that, whoever they chose, would be the one to be murdered? Did she trust Naegi's luck that much? Oh, the mystery..
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Sep 16, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2008
mikado34 said:
Unit-01 said:

No, she didn't. Kirigiri forced herself to sacrifice Naegi so that she'll live and solve the mystery. Her agenda with meeting with the headmaster, her farther, is apparently the most important goal for her. Lucky for her Naegi is easy to forgive.

Only in the anime~ _(:3 」 ∠)
They really make Kirigiri look like a bad person in the class trials. But in the game she isn't like that at all. XD
Sep 16, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
mikado34 said:
Unit-01 said:

They really make Kirigiri look like a bad person in the class trials. But in the game she isn't like that at all. XD
i dont know she kind of did the same thing in the game, she was clearly mortified that he was going to die but she basically just says that she'll avenge him, like didnt even apologize before his unjust death

both anime and game she was being pretty selfish

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 16, 2013 3:17 PM
Mar 2012
Litrydow said:
DenjaX said:
Litrydow said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:
Screwed up the investigation again.

I wonder how they'll fit the long last chapter in 2 episodes, it's probably gonna be even more rushed than the previous ones.
ok iv been holding back saying anything but what the fuck are you even talking about these past few episodes, these episodes arent rushed, especially chapter 4's which took its time. rushed was like chapter 2 where it glanced over everything and went at a trains pace, chap 4 and 5's adaptations are far from that

All the cases in the game were carefully crafted, paying attention to every detail, connecting every dot. In the anime, many elements were removed from the investigation, other clues were rendered useless, others were asspulled during the trials instead of presenting them before, it makes it impossible for the viewer trying to solve the case, and even the characters themselves jump to nonsensical conclusions because of the removed content.
Let's take Sakura's case for example. Some stuff I remember was asspulled during the trial:
- The protein container.
- The second bottle that was used to hit Sakura.
- How the cabinets of poisons were organized.
Stuff that was rendered useless:
- The magazine.
Details that were removed:
- The locker with prints inside.
- Naegi and Kirigiri weighing the bottle fragments.
- The name Hakagure wrote on the magazine.
- Togami verifying that the footsteps on the chemistry room just went for the first cabinet and went away.
There was probably more, but I don't remember right now.

Due to that lack of details, unrealistic stuff happen in the trials to reach the same conclusion.
Dude. Those evidences that are left out can be considered as "not important" although it will make this adaptation very poor as it is. But despite not using the removed evidence, they still managed the trial well which they lead to the same conclusion and outcome. For example, the magazine with a dying message was removed, sure but they make it up with Fukawa's accusation to point out Hagakure being the culprit to advance quickly. In the game, they both deny on not being in the recreation room. With Fukawa's accusation in the anime, they advanced quickly without beating around the bush.

And that's the problem: it advances quickly at the cost of plausability and wit.
Oh, and let's not forget it becomes impossible for the viewer to solve.

I haven't played the game, but the way you phrase it makes this adaptation to be 'pretty good'. The more they exclude, the more people that would be interested to buy the game. No one finds it terrible to watch, not even you from what I could tell. It can't ADAPT everything, so you are asking for the impossible...

It feels like it would be extremely lame if they cut off the trial partway for the next episode. All because someone wanted more investigation...would kind of ruin the pace, I think.

I mean, it won't be an elaborate reason but some of the cases would be pretty easy to figure out. It's just...not as elaborate.

I liked the episode though, since I didn't expect a quick Naegi guilty. I wasn't sure what would happen, really. It was pretty cool, so i'm looking forward to the end.
Sep 16, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
mikado34 said:
Unit-01 said:

i dont know she kind of did the same thing in the game, she was clearly mortified that he was going to die but she basically just says that she'll avenge him, like didnt even apologize before his unjust death

both anime and game she was being pretty selfish

well...! while she did throw all the suspicions onto him, she didnt sacrifices him at the last minute right before the voting starts, did she?
Togami is the one who think Naegi is the true culprit who wants to frame Kirigiri for the murder. plus when Monokuma called for a time out, instead of Naegi, Kirigiri is the one who asked "why the sudden time out? we didnt had this during our previous trials!" etc etc

IMO she didnt plan to sacrifice him, only the anime ver did so. (ヽ´ω`)
Sep 16, 2013 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, cool episode. Can't wait to see what happens in the "final battle"
Hopefully the last 2 episodes end with a bang :D
Sep 16, 2013 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
I'm so relieved that Naegi didn't die
Sep 16, 2013 11:37 PM
Sep 2010
Ok people, I need some help understanding certain things that have been taking place during this show, if yall dont mind helping me.

1. What was the point in Kirigiri blaming this murder on Naegi? I thought if you made a false verdict, the entire squad would die, so why in the world would she think this was going to solve anything?

2. Alter Ego. How is Monobear able to figure out that Alter Ego existed all this time, but somehow not been able to see people sneaking around on the campus? Wouldnt being able to locate some entity on your internet connection be very hard to pull off, unless you yourself werent computer oriented? But yet you somehow fail to notice Kirigiri sneaking around all the time? If Monobear knew Alter Ego existed all this time, did he know before it connected to the internet? If so, how? I thought rooms without cameras were supposedly safe zones.

3. Why hasnt anybody in this show, except for the 16th student, try to attack Kirigiri or Naegi? I mean hasnt it been pretty obvious that those 2 were the smart ones, and taking them out would mean nobody would ever find out you did it? Plot armor?

4. Am I really supposed to believe Monobear just got convinced by Kirigiri to not fuck them over because it would supposedly ruin the tv show? Im kinda in disbelief over that reasoning, especially considering how Monobear didnt have the squad executed for failing to convict the right murderer.

I guess those are basically my main questions, though I do have one final thing to say about this show.

I understand this was adapted from a game, and I do understand it only has 13 episodes, but it really kills my vibe watching this show when evidence gets introduced literally during the middle of a trial which we never even heard of prior to it. It makes it literally impossible to guess who murdered who, without using other reasoning, outside of the evidence provided, to figure out who did what.

Im not exactly blaming the show, because hey, I bet it would be really hard to fit all of the evidence in and give it proper timing and explanation, but i just felt like pointing that out.

Im really intrigued to know who the mastermind is. I mean, if the mastermind is a student, I dont see how it could make any sense, considering every student, including the 16th student is dead, except for the main cast of course. And there is no way im seeing them point out a main cast member as being the mastermind

The thing I could imagine is that one of the bodies that died during this entire show, was somehow a fake or something.....but then that wouldnt make any sense I guess. I mean how could that even be pulled off?

Obviously something is up with the 16th student. I mean this person had all this mystery about him/her, it was foreshadowed with the 16 chairs in the beginning, so clearly the mastermind must have some sort of connection to the 16th student, unless its not even a student at all.

Oh fuck this, I cant figure out shit in this show.
Sep 17, 2013 12:35 AM

Jun 2012
I figured Kirigiri sacrificed Naegi, knowing he didn't do it, to see if false culprits were deemed the true murderers, so that was pretty smart.
So that could mean everyone chosen as the suspect up to that point could have been false, or even killed by the mastermind and set up, I guess.

Well this is leading to a very interesting trial, I can't wait. ^^

Sep 17, 2013 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
@Superluccix
I’ll help. I actually haven’t watched the episode yet because quite frankly I don't like the anime being 13 episodes, but hey, opinions. I CAN, however, tell you of what happened in the game.

Inb4 "You should watch the anime first so you can properly explain what the viewer may or may not know." Oh, I will... grudgingly that is.
MrOCDSep 17, 2013 7:22 AM
Sep 17, 2013 2:37 PM

Feb 2011
That was unexpected. :O And fun.

Lol Monobear started sounding like Teddy from Persona 4 there for a minute.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 17, 2013 4:38 PM
Oct 2011
What a plot-device. *sigh* Luck my ass.

Super Duper Detective, as if it wasn't obvious from the beginning.
Sep 17, 2013 8:55 PM

May 2012
Kirigiri is so bad ass/awesome.

This anime just keeps getting better. The next trial is going to be very intense.
Sep 18, 2013 6:19 AM

Feb 2012
people who enjoy the anime should just die.
Sep 20, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2011
Saturate said:
people who enjoy the anime should just die.

The game is so good, that even a ripoff animation is awesome enough to be liked.
Sep 20, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
Shit I got tensed a little bit that Naegi was 'almost' killed.

Sep 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
Worst episode so far. After Naegi was "killed" by Kirigiri... For all intent and purpose he did got killed or rather she wanted him to die - she ahd no idea about the virus that had saved his life so in her mindset she was killing him. Now what happens when she confronts him later on? How does he react after seeing the person who literally condemned him to death? He is happy to see her and says that it's ok. I can take a lot of bullshit but this? He got betrayed and led to death and when he sees the person who did this he's relieved? Fuck you.
Sep 24, 2013 7:18 PM

Jan 2012
havent posted the last few episodes as i have actually enjoyed the past 2-3 so much i watched them straight through the last 3/4 of this anime certainly clawed its way back to a solid 7 for me, the trails have got better and better and this episode just totally threw me (having not played the game) actually say im looking forward to seeing the conclusion!
Sep 24, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
did this ep just answer a lot of questions?
Sep 26, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
Men that episode was epic, Togami vs Kirigiri shit just got real. So Naegi is executed but saved (phew), so we get a final trial coming next up and so huge team work pretty amazing.
Sep 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
ramen cup Kirigiri and she just swiped them off without a care in the world.

Kirigiri is so smart.

and then Monokuma is becoming more like Kuma from Persona 4...which i have anticipated in the first ep. well worth the wait lol
Sep 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Mar 2013
Werchiel said:
Worst episode so far. After Naegi was "killed" by Kirigiri... For all intent and purpose he did got killed or rather she wanted him to die - she ahd no idea about the virus that had saved his life so in her mindset she was killing him. Now what happens when she confronts him later on? How does he react after seeing the person who literally condemned him to death? He is happy to see her and says that it's ok. I can take a lot of bullshit but this? He got betrayed and led to death and when he sees the person who did this he's relieved? Fuck you.

I've basically been thinking this as I read through 8 pages of "Kirigiri's so badass" and "aww Kirigiri x Naegi."

I mean, I thought she had damn sexy legs too but Wtf guys? Are you really just going to completely ignore this? I get that he's basically Super Duper Highschool Jesus and as such forgives everyone - and that half of you didn't care if he died in the first place so you didn't even bother to apply any logic to this - but no matter how you look at it she showed virtually no remorse for throwing him under the bus, which makes all that cute Kirigiri x Naegi in the rubbish heap bit quite a stretch, regardless of how forgiving he is.

She basically shot down any development they'd had with one another in one fell swoop; doubly so considering that the whole time she was setting him up to die he could have called her out on it but didn't.

That cold-hearted bitch did have nice legs though.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Sep 27, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2008
Pusswookie said:
Werchiel said:

I've basically been thinking this as I read through 8 pages of "Kirigiri's so badass" and "aww Kirigiri x Naegi."

I mean, I thought she had damn sexy legs too but Wtf guys? Are you really just going to completely ignore this? I get that he's basically Super Duper Highschool Jesus and as such forgives everyone - and that half of you didn't care if he died in the first place so you didn't even bother to apply any logic to this - but no matter how you look at it she showed virtually no remorse for throwing him under the bus, which makes all that cute Kirigiri x Naegi in the rubbish heap bit quite a stretch, regardless of how forgiving he is.

She basically shot down any development they'd had with one another in one fell swoop; doubly so considering that the whole time she was setting him up to die he could have called her out on it but didn't.

Have you played the game?
In the game she saved Naegi out of the garbage bin because she's thankful for keeping her secret (the key), not because of what she done to him during the class trial.
Sep 27, 2013 3:37 AM

Mar 2013
Psyche_Izaya said:
Pusswookie said:
Werchiel said:

Have you played the game?
In the game she saved Naegi out of the garbage bin because she's thankful for keeping her secret (the key), not because of what she done to him during the class trial.

Saved him out of the garbage bin that her actions directly put him in. In fact, if she only saved him because Gosh, he sure was awfully considerate while she stabbed him in the back - the front, really - then that just makes it worse.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Sep 27, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2011
Heart almost stopped when I thought Naegi was about to die. Then I remembered he's the protagonist xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 6:13 AM

May 2013
i love how they do the executions
Sep 29, 2013 10:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dat brainstorm episode
Oct 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
I kept saying to myself, Naegi kun isnt gonna die Naegi kun isnt gonna die,
then he started sweatn and got closer,
and my sister comes out of kno where and says "HES THE MAIN CHARACTER HE CANT DIE"

and then Alter Ego shows up,
phew.

ALSO
i couldnt help but to sing snake eater when they climbed that latter
Oct 2, 2013 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

Decent OST this episode. HOLY SHIT, Naegi got voted as GUILTY. I was NOT expecting this.

This. Awesome OSTs. I wasn't expecting that too, the part about Naegi. I thought that he would surely die, but when Alter Ego saved him, I was kind of disappointed, but oh well, here comes the finale!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.