Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2020 1:55 AM
Apr 2020
This episode was OK, they could've finished the anime with less than 13 epsidoe based on the material but they keep adding more contents like adding more players from Korea and China and framing Japanese even if the America player is about to get wipe out and I think at this point it is unnecessary.

Sad cause we're not gonna see another fight between Sheyta and Iskahn but at the same time happy for them talking about having babies lmao.
Expected the betrayal right away
Jul 27, 2020 3:05 AM

Feb 2014
The romantic embrace between Scheta and Iskahn was a really sweet moment during their constant battling against the enemy. I do hope they'll still be alive so that their dreams can come true. =)

The rest of the episode was also bleak for our main heroes, too. On a plus point, Klein continues to be relevant and is playing a good part in helping Asuna during their fight, so as much as I do like Gigguk, his Klein meme can finally be buried into the ground for now.

As for Sinon, Gabriel's return into the Underworld has given her a bit of a shock. No chance of her winning her fight against him, but I do hope she'll be okay.

The other scene with the Korean and Chinese duo joining with the mob of new players to help out the "good" guys, but with their suspicions, I do wonder if they'll end up helping out Asuna's group in the end. Who knows...

Sadly, Higa is now in a tricky situation, with Yanai pulling a gun and pointing it at him. Although predictable, the cliffhanger was done pretty well, so I do look forward to seeing what'll happen next. Good episode overall.
Jul 27, 2020 4:19 AM
Aug 2018
https://imgur.com/a/j5bltcB Can someone explain how Silica's dragon from SAO was able to make it into this game, I can understand emulating coats or whatever but this is emulating an animal from another game and all its code and functions like I really dont get it.
I liked the moment with the guy and slashing girl, hope they don't die I really liked their fight last season.
This thing with all the armies showing up is really annoying me what I liked about the previous fights was the one on one duels, focused action, now its just armies fighting armies mostly offscreen. Its so tedious I'm really not a big fan, it was cool to see the perspective of people joining tho.
https://imgur.com/a/WLb1wWv And of course he's a villain, I would be happy I called that if it wasnt blatantly obvious. Although I can see him being forced to do so he seemed hesitant.
Overall this ep was whatever, this seasons like an unimpressive 6/10 so far, some good moments in it for sure but overall its got the direction I really hoped it wouldn't and has abandoned the people of underworld who were really interesting and engaging for spectacle and the returning harem characters. If not for seeing things like the bercoulli fight or the moment this ep with slashy girl and the guy I really feel like this season would bel ike a 4/10.
Jul 27, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2018
It's all right. Nothing note worthy tbh
Jul 27, 2020 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Finally the real enemies have been revealed. China and Korea!

I love anime so much.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 27, 2020 4:50 PM

Aug 2017
Koreans and Chinese vs Japanese lol.

Scheta and Iskahn falling in love was cute.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 27, 2020 7:50 PM

May 2019
ShoriTora said:
https://imgur.com/a/j5bltcB Can someone explain how Silica's dragon from SAO was able to make it into this game, I can understand emulating coats or whatever but this is emulating an animal from another game and all its code and functions like I really dont get it.

Man, the Fluctolight magic technology was not only able to develop "bottom-up" AI's, but...

AI's with all the biological functions of a complex human organism, to the "cell" level.

AI's wich can be pregnant and even the baby is already another AI in development (what how!? Is an AI fetus abortion a homicide?)

And if you are not satisfied, this technology went all the way into religion and now the existence of SOULS are proved.

AI souls.

in AI afterlife.

"Bottonu-heavenu"

that said... i kinda guess this system can hold a Digimon uploaded from another virtual world.
Jul 27, 2020 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
Eight more weeks until my suffering ends

The good news is this week didn't really introduce any major new problems

Just the dumb betrayal at the end so they can squeeze just a little bit more time from this awful arc/show and the Artist formerly known as Rape Emperor showing off how overpowered he is for reasons that will be even more contrived than ever before.

Also lol everyone's favorite plot device (Laughing Coffin) returns to be ineffective as always.
Jul 27, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Just the dumb betrayal at the end so they can squeeze just a little bit more time from this awful arc/show and the Artist formerly known as Rape Emperor showing off how overpowered he is for reasons that will be even more contrived than ever before.

Also lol everyone's favorite plot device (Laughing Coffin) returns to be ineffective as always.

And I thought I had criticism lol. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Squeezing time from this arc... I wish. There's barely enough included from this arc to make the story work.

When you describe watching something as suffering and continue to watch it, you only show the world that you have nothing better to do.

Jul 27, 2020 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
ShoriTora said:
I liked the moment with the guy and slashing girl, hope they don't die I really liked their fight last season.
This thing with all the armies showing up is really annoying me what I liked about the previous fights was the one on one duels, focused action, now its just armies fighting armies mostly offscreen. Its so tedious I'm really not a big fan, it was cool to see the perspective of people joining tho.
https://imgur.com/a/WLb1wWv And of course he's a villain, I would be happy I called that if it wasnt blatantly obvious. Although I can see him being forced to do so he seemed hesitant.
Overall this ep was whatever, this seasons like an unimpressive 6/10 so far, some good moments in it for sure but overall its got the direction I really hoped it wouldn't and has abandoned the people of underworld who were really interesting and engaging for spectacle and the returning harem characters. If not for seeing things like the bercoulli fight or the moment this ep with slashy girl and the guy I really feel like this season would bel ike a 4/10.

Rob7 said:
ShoriTora said:

Man, the Fluctolight magic technology was not only able to develop "bottom-up" AI's, but...

AI's with all the biological functions of a complex human organism, to the "cell" level.

AI's wich can be pregnant and even the baby is already another AI in development (what how!? Is an AI fetus abortion a homicide?)

And if you are not satisfied, this technology went all the way into religion and now the existence of SOULS are proved.

AI souls.

in AI afterlife.

"Bottonu-heavenu"

that said... i kinda guess this system can hold a Digimon uploaded from another virtual world.

Pretty sure Pina wasn't in the underworld in the novels. Unfortunately, I don't know why A-1 decided to add that over Asuna actually proving shes the heroine of the series or Sinon slaying some more foes.
Jul 27, 2020 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
Inorichi said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

And I thought I had criticism lol. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Squeezing time from this arc... I wish. There's barely enough included from this arc to make the story work.

When you describe watching something as suffering and continue to watch it, you only show the world that you have nothing better to do.

I've been on this ride for many years. I'm gonna make it to the end even if it kills me.
Jul 27, 2020 10:16 PM

Jun 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Inorichi said:

I've been on this ride for many years. I'm gonna make it to the end even if it kills me.

Ironically, you'll probably be riding for many more, as there's probably more to come. According to a certain magical interview, as long as the original SAO LN continues, so will the anime adaptation. (I just felt like including magical the interview has nothing to do with index)

Though, the entire anime is about incarnation or human will transcending system limits. or in otherwords, all important characters being overpowered. (It's in every arc, with zombie Kirito, ghost Kayaba, SAO Kirito overlay in GGO. Kayaba even says it outright in the movie.) Idk if you can call Laughing Coffin a plot device, as they're only other appearances were practically cameos or a few people doing their own thing.

Ultimately, it's just animated drawings. It's for entertainment purposes, the story, art, and everything and anything doesn't matter if its entertaining to the audience. You'd probably enjoy it more if you stopped overthinking it.
Jul 27, 2020 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
Inorichi said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Ironically, you'll probably be riding for many more, as there's probably more to come. According to a certain magical interview, as long as the original SAO LN continues, so will the anime adaptation. (I just felt like including magical the interview has nothing to do with index)

Though, the entire anime is about incarnation or human will transcending system limits. or in otherwords, all important characters being overpowered. (It's in every arc, with zombie Kirito, ghost Kayaba, SAO Kirito overlay in GGO. Kayaba even says it outright in the movie.) Idk if you can call Laughing Coffin a plot device, as they're only other appearances were practically cameos or a few people doing their own thing.

Ultimately, it's just animated drawings. It's for entertainment purposes, the story, art, and everything and anything doesn't matter if its entertaining to the audience. You'd probably enjoy it more if you stopped overthinking it.

See the problem is I'm barely thinking and I'm still annoyed at it. I give it points for being self aware about how shit laughing coffin guy's attempt to fool the Koreans/Chinese was but they didn't really do anything with that self awareness
Jul 28, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Inorichi said:

See the problem is I'm barely thinking and I'm still annoyed at it. I give it points for being self aware about how shit laughing coffin guy's attempt to fool the Koreans/Chinese was but they didn't really do anything with that self awareness

There's always the issue that Alicization is longer than season 1 and 2 plus cut content put together, which is crammed into 49 eps. I do agree there's been some piss poor explanation, however, it's not so far as you can't put the story together.

The entire backstory of the Korean player was basically cut, so was the state of Korean VR MMO. However, with VR technology, mainly the Seed being a Japanese creation, there are no Korean made VR MMO's and the most popular VR MMO in KR is a localization of a JP VR MMO. In the novels words the players: "Oh, it’s far worse. They simply detest each other"

Even without that though, there's clear anti-japanese sentiment in Korea. I can't speak for China, however, put together with the "clear" language barrier (even though everyone is speaking japanese in the anime l0l), and the fact that they think it's a server raid on a KR, CN, US collaborative mmo, it's a 'clear' case of mob mentality. heh

Basically, the whole point is it isn't a shitty attempt. Although it may be hard to put that together without some cultural understanding of SEA culture, anime is a Japanese work, shrug.
Jul 28, 2020 1:20 AM
Jul 2011
Comander-07 said:
Finally the real enemies have been revealed. China and Korea!

I love anime so much.
Real enemies, unfortunately this is actually true. I mean look at how Asuna, Klein and all the others are making those terrified faces. Asuna saying "Stop it". For a reason, these "Real World" issues just had to be carried to the Underworld. Why is it so hard to leave out the people who doesn't want to fight at all? On top of that, people that are born and living in the Underworld are considered equal as human beings in the "Real World", for example if Kirito believes in that. No way the Underworld would want to be part of American vs Chinese vs Korean vs Japanese vs Underworld blood-spilling Battle Royale of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS or Mordhau Video Game.

Even the Underworld people among themselves have histories. Conflicts and War never change. Knowing Kirito, maybe he wants to change all that someday, both the Underworld and the "Real World".
Strangely, characters in this series are using this term "Rearu Worauld" as in "Real World" in English more often in most recent seasons instead of their usual Japanese words for "Reality".

And Laughing Coffin Leader, Vassago was it?
He is doing it all wrong, after making that unconvincing speech, he said only weak word, "Go!" to his "Brothers in Arms".
There are still lot of American players left, is it? He should have known better.
It should be more like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pdFH8rz-o
This is the right way. In the end, I don't know which is better, Lizbeth's speech or Vassago's.
rladls717Jul 28, 2020 1:48 AM
Jul 28, 2020 3:34 AM
Aug 2018
Inorichi said:

Pretty sure Pina wasn't in the underworld in the novels. Unfortunately, I don't know why A-1 decided to add that over Asuna actually proving shes the heroine of the series or Sinon slaying some more foes.

Fanservice. Makes you go "Oh lOoK ItS tHe BiRd dRaGoN" without need for any high action or payoff. Pretty dumb
Jul 28, 2020 3:36 AM
Aug 2018
Rob7 said:
ShoriTora said:

AI souls.

in AI afterlife.

"Bottonu-heavenu"

Still dont really get how they'd go about importing it in given we dont see anyone help, and as far as I'm aware you cant import it from your own fluctlight or whatever? But idk man if u're sure u probably know more than I do about this
Jul 28, 2020 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
Inorichi said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

There's always the issue that Alicization is longer than season 1 and 2 plus cut content put together, which is crammed into 49 eps. I do agree there's been some piss poor explanation, however, it's not so far as you can't put the story together.

The entire backstory of the Korean player was basically cut, so was the state of Korean VR MMO. However, with VR technology, mainly the Seed being a Japanese creation, there are no Korean made VR MMO's and the most popular VR MMO in KR is a localization of a JP VR MMO. In the novels words the players: "Oh, it’s far worse. They simply detest each other"

Even without that though, there's clear anti-japanese sentiment in Korea. I can't speak for China, however, put together with the "clear" language barrier (even though everyone is speaking japanese in the anime l0l), and the fact that they think it's a server raid on a KR, CN, US collaborative mmo, it's a 'clear' case of mob mentality. heh

Basically, the whole point is it isn't a shitty attempt. Although it may be hard to put that together without some cultural understanding of SEA culture, anime is a Japanese work, shrug.

See the thing is I already knew all that. it doesn't make it better
Jul 28, 2020 11:13 AM

Nov 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Inorichi said:

Well I know it's named Sword Art Online so nothing makes sense for some people whether it actually makes sense or not. You know what you are justifying what the show is doing. You won't trust the people you hate no matter what even if they provide actual good reasons. Just like you hate SAO, the Chinese and Koreans hate the Japanese.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jul 28, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
biswa290701 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Well I know it's named Sword Art Online so nothing makes sense for some people whether it actually makes sense or not. You know what you are justifying what the show is doing. You won't trust the people you hate no matter what even if they provide actual good reasons. Just like you hate SAO, the Chinese and Koreans hate the Japanese.

I have no idea why you think I hate SAO. It's just a show man
Jul 28, 2020 11:30 AM

Nov 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
biswa290701 said:

I have no idea why you think I hate SAO. It's just a show man

I know but people treat it like something else. Smh

Anyway, adding to the original point. It's not like everyone agreed with PoH. The whole character of moonphase was there only to show the group of people that actually doubted everything.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jul 30, 2020 2:41 AM

Jun 2010
Kind of funny how they aren't mook villainizing the Chinese and Korean players they way they mook villainized the American players.
Jul 30, 2020 2:54 AM

Jun 2010
SecretOtaku3019 said:
Alright sorry if I’m getting this wrong, why the fuck aren’t they arresting laughing coffin members. They have people who know who they are.

There is technically nothing to arrest them for. The only "crimes" they committed were within SAO. Even if someone told law enforcement the reasons someone else in SAO killed someone else, there is no evidence, and therefore no way to prove anyone did anything. All murder in SAO was absolved from the perspective of the law due to:
A. A lack of physical evidence.
B. Unreliable eye witness testimony.
C. Equal Application of the law and punitive measures.

C means that if they arrested laughing coughing members, they would also have to arrest Kirito, Asuna, and anyone who took part in raiding laughing coughing members, since they also technically took lives. Otherwise it would boil down to just someone going, "That guy is bad so he should be arrested, but I'm good so I shouldn't be arrested."
Aug 3, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2017
without spoiler.. i know that the motherfucker that was who installed code 871 is that with 4 eyes
Now Loading.....
Aug 4, 2020 2:40 PM

Feb 2020
Is it just me or has the art style changed a bit?

Kyoto Animation rocks
Aug 4, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2011
neonie said:
SecretOtaku3019 said:
Alright sorry if I’m getting this wrong, why the fuck aren’t they arresting laughing coffin members. They have people who know who they are.

There is technically nothing to arrest them for. The only "crimes" they committed were within SAO. Even if someone told law enforcement the reasons someone else in SAO killed someone else, there is no evidence, and therefore no way to prove anyone did anything. All murder in SAO was absolved from the perspective of the law due to:
A. A lack of physical evidence.
B. Unreliable eye witness testimony.
C. Equal Application of the law and punitive measures.

C means that if they arrested laughing coughing members, they would also have to arrest Kirito, Asuna, and anyone who took part in raiding laughing coughing members, since they also technically took lives. Otherwise it would boil down to just someone going, "That guy is bad so he should be arrested, but I'm good so I shouldn't be arrested."

I would also add that players had absolutely no proof that death IG meant death IRL beyond Kayaba's initial speech, so Laughing Coffin members could also use this argument with ease.
Aug 12, 2020 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
Slasher girl suddenly falls in love with that pugilist for some reason, and now wants to bear his child...?
Vecta guy comes back with his GGO account with a big effect and can stun Sinon just by looking at her with a rape face...? How can he do these again?
Also I really hope we won't get another goddamn attampted rape scene. I'm sick of these already.

Of course it's laughing coffin, as I predicted. Can't have a SAO season without them around. And of course that researcher was a bad guy, as I predicted in previous discussions. I hope at least the tech guy doesn't die.

Now Chinese and Koreans arrive as well, not that it seems to be any different than American players.

Where is Leafa? She really should arrive soon. I also hope Kirito wakes up soon, but I guess that won't be happening until the last few episodes.
Aug 14, 2020 4:17 AM

Mar 2009
What a random romance.
Aug 16, 2020 11:09 AM
Sep 2018
sad that there are traitors.
Aug 23, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2009
Of course they would get more people...I hate those guys! Of course the guy would be a traitor...
Sep 19, 2020 12:15 PM

Nov 2014
uww that so cute of Ishkann and Sheyta, hope they get to be a family after this war.
Meanwhile, when Alice keep going to world end... Sinon will hold Gabriel on his OP subtilizer account i suppose, and Asuna and co. 'll be facing Vassago "POH" and somehow new additional wave of chinese and korea player.
that felt dejavu for both of them tho Sinon BOB against Subtilizer, and Asuna and co. against POH and laughing coffin in SAO.

so Yanai was the mole/traitor after all?..
Oct 4, 2020 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
Much more enemies, but low level ones.
Oct 6, 2020 2:11 AM

Dec 2012
Unexpected couple lmao

Oct 6, 2020 7:34 PM
Jul 2016
Nooo Sheyta and Champion boy. My ship is sailing for real and they're gonna be sinking just as quickly 😢

I wonder who the Korean and Chinese boy were. They seems not like a simple mob character haha.
Kinda funny how they speak Japanese when they should..erm okay 😂
Too bad administrator from Raft didn't just left the clarification message in forum or somthing tho. Lol. Would've make things easier.

Hope Higa wouldn't die, he's trying his best for Kirito after all

Shinon too. That pervert is there, ugh..
Oct 25, 2020 5:12 AM

May 2016
I feel bad for the underworld players... really depressing episode but deserves 5/5
Nov 25, 2020 12:13 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Oh boy, invasion from China and Korea. Reminds me of the current MAL xD
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Aug 2019
As predicted the guy that came with Higa was a bad guy.

Overall not a bad episode, this has been probably the most interesting part to SAO in all three seasons.
Dec 15, 2020 12:44 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Damn it, why can't things just go smoothly?
The ending is gorgeous.
Jan 15, 2021 8:58 PM

May 2012
hilarious, this show cant go 5 minutes without reminding me why i dont like it
Jan 16, 2021 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
Wow! - Who knew, the guy so eager to help him wanted to sabotage all along! - Crazy!
Not really feeling this season as much as I did the previous one.
Jan 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2016
Rob7 said:
Stark700 said:
Ah yes, even Klein is relevant this season.

Sure didn't take long for trouble to start with that hooded man this episode. It seems this arc still shifts from the virutal world and the real world with its technology. Tbh, it brings an important feeling that every action in this show has some effect on each other.

Not going to lie, I'm glad to see Klein getting more screentime.

Suc* that Gigguk! Justice just got served.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYSNgHbbW8

When you have basically no relevance or screen-time whatsoever since episode 1 but you still manage to be part of MC group several seasons later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
the ending, so that1 coming from a mile away
May 1, 2021 3:46 PM
Jun 2012
So Chinabots arrive on the scene? This anime keeps achieving new lows with every episode. Let's see how far will they go.
Dec 17, 2021 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
So I'm supposed to believe that the Korean kid is the only gamer in the whole world with half a brain? The American plot was already retarded, but now of course we have Chinese and Korean as well, why not lol
Nov 14, 2022 5:50 AM

Mar 2019
Oh yea there was that traitor that someone mentioned before, guess he showed up now.

At least the opening is amazing, everything else became a chaos.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 6, 2023 9:55 PM

May 2022
good and intense episode, Sinon helps comfort Alice, emphasizing that Kirito and Bercouli's efforts were not in vain. They were to protect Alice. Sheyta finally finds her answer as to why she slashes everything; to find who to not slash and who to protect, which is Iskhan. Nice to see Klein and Agil getting some screen time and supporting Asuna. Unfortunately, more real-world forces are coming in from China and Korea. Turns out Vassago is the leader of Laughing Coffin. Gabriel comes back in his GGO form and somehow paralyzes Sinon from a distance, which I did not expect. There is no way he is going to get away with this, that bitch. Finally, we have a traitor back at the Ocean Turtle, poor Higa, just when things were looking good to repair Kirito's fluctlight, the traitor has a weapon.
Jan 20, 2023 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, that was a sweet moment between Scheta and Iskahn.
How did Gabriel's GGO character suddenly get superpowers? did they merge it with God Vecta somehow? Hmm...
Japan vs. Korea, China & USA. hehe
Dec 16, 2023 6:12 PM
Nov 2023
I hope the war ends soon gahhdamn
Dec 18, 2023 9:30 PM

Dec 2019
This is kind of despairing, how many fucking people will join the battle?
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.