Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Let the Parabellum Mercenary Company's first job begin!

Ogarou, who formed the Parabellum Mercenary Company, receives a request from the elves to repel the human kingdom's army. Parabellum members engage the enemy with all their might, not only capturing the four targets they aimed for alive but also defeating the soldiers mercilessly. Applying enslavement effects to captured female knights and swordswomen, rendering them unable to lie or hide, Ogarou obtains information about the upcoming main forces. Once again, Parabellum finds itself facing off against the imperial army.

After successfully defeating the imperial army through numerous battles, the goblin army gained substantial experience, leading to several promotions. Upon reviewing their experiences, Ogarou concluded that humans are inherently greedy, and the primary cause of the war was merely a convenient excuse. Ultimately, he found humans to be a constant pain in the ass and acknowledged the advantage of the goblin army's ability to retreat or hide when necessary.

The harem keeps expanding... lol didn't expect this show to be so horny. Though then again, there's fucking semen on the title card in the OP, so.

May 6, 9:02 AM

Mar 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
Let the Parabellum Mercenary Company's first job begin!

Ogarou, who formed the Parabellum Mercenary Company, receives a request from the elves to repel the human kingdom's army. Parabellum members engage the enemy with all their might, not only capturing the four targets they aimed for alive but also defeating the soldiers mercilessly. Applying enslavement effects to captured female knights and swordswomen, rendering them unable to lie or hide, Ogarou obtains information about the upcoming main forces. Once again, Parabellum finds itself facing off against the imperial army.

After successfully defeating the imperial army through numerous battles, the goblin army gained substantial experience, leading to several promotions. Upon reviewing their experiences, Ogarou concluded that humans are inherently greedy, and the primary cause of the war was merely a convenient excuse. Ultimately, he found humans to be a constant pain in the ass and acknowledged the advantage of the goblin army's ability to retreat or hide when necessary.

The harem keeps expanding... lol didn't expect this show to be so horny. Though then again, there's fucking semen on the title card in the OP, so.
IzanaSolos said:
Though then again, there's fucking semen on the title card in the OP, so.

Wait a minute, that wasn't saliva drooling?
Now, how can I unsee this?
May 6, 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
Legit lmao at the zoom shot of the army of 3 or 4 soldiers being copied and pasted over and over.
May 6, 9:30 AM
Sep 2021
Ogarou is getting a lot stronger not only in terms of his physical strength but also his mental strength.
May 6, 9:55 AM
Mar 2021
that Dhampir and Ogbro literally tag teamed the lady knight in bed in the manga, but ofcourse it's not in the anime😅
May 6, 10:18 AM

Apr 2021
I wish they would have shown more of the battles, but so far it has still been enjoyable.

Wondering if something develops between the two red heads.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 6, 11:56 AM

Dec 2022
well maybe i was wrong the girl in the poster may not be the elf but the lady knight but why is she on ogrekichis head
May 6, 1:09 PM
Jan 2022
Yeah Im dropping this shit. If you're gonna make your mc this much of a scumbag go all the way, dont make your show all fun and casual while your mc is out there kidnapping and raping. Fucking redo of healer at least didnt pretend keyaru was a good or morally decent person or hide its fuckery under a veil of cutsey bland isekai vibes.
May 6, 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
Parabellum has gone into action and proven to be more dominant than any force the humans can muster.

And we got to see a showcase of Ogrou’s magical capabilities with the multi layered defense that he had to counter the Weiss Flamen Dragon. He combined 3rd-level Demise Magic with a vacuum shield created by Aero Master and a three-layered shield of high-pressure water created by Hydro Hand launched at a high velocity by Back Attack.

Of course he took the female commander prisoner and decided to immediately CLAP THEIR CHEEKS (yes, I mean it in the sexual context; something that I didn’t expect so soon).

Which reminds me of Dhami’s request after they defeated an army of 500 humans. Ogrou gets all the action he wants. And the reason for this war is because the humans want the elves’ medicine made by the Demigod of Forests. Human greed.

Side note: the village has a hot spring now.

The red-haired guy has become the red hed woman’s instructor, so now she’ll get even stronger.

Lastly, the elder elf leader gave Ogrou the cure the humans want and with just a drop of blood, he was able to heal all of someone’s ailments.

What kind of things can Ogrou do now? His healing abilities are greater than Uselessness from Naruto.
May 6, 1:40 PM
Mar 2023
Jonnah0906 said:
Yeah Im dropping this shit. If you're gonna make your mc this much of a scumbag go all the way, dont make your show all fun and casual while your mc is out there kidnapping and raping. Fucking redo of healer at least didnt pretend keyaru was a good or morally decent person or hide its fuckery under a veil of cutsey bland isekai vibes.

Exactly. I’m done with this show.
May 6, 2:28 PM
Oct 2022
Dhami, Ogrou and Ogrekichi are the best, at this point I think they would be able to defeat any human army, because Ogrou at least has the best abilities: Quick Regeneration, Blood Of Panaceea (with a single drop of blood he could cure all the injured men), Sorcerer, Shielder, Shield Wall, Power and many more!

I can’t wait to see how the knight who wants to work for Ogrou will evolve, he has potential and his fighting skills are way too good!

On the other hand, it would be awesome if we saw how Ogrou was like back in his human form (Tomokui Kanata).

I was impressed how Dhami and Ogrou managed to defeat a 500 human army in an instant, their power is overwhelming.
May 6, 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
So, we finally have a rapist protagonist and it was played off as a joke? And maybe she will even fall in love with him as a "reward" after?
Well, this is where I draw the line, so I'm dropping this one.
PiromyslMay 6, 3:21 PM

May 6, 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Jonnah0906
@Jonnah0906 It's only fun and casual if you're part of the MC crew, he's already done plenty of fucked up shit before this. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 6, 3:26 PM

May 2012
Reply to Jonnah0906
@Jonnah0906 lol he is attacking soldiers who were going to attack the elves and kill, kidnap and rape them too. That's how wars went in our world, too.

Sure, they were under orders, but they were not going to shy away from killing their enemies. The MC is no saint (which is better), but so far he didn't go and attack a village of innocent people, instead he was attacking soldiers.
I despise woke people.
May 6, 3:30 PM

May 2012
Reply to Zaxphred
well maybe i was wrong the girl in the poster may not be the elf but the lady knight but why is she on ogrekichis head
@Zaxphred It's clearly not the lady knight. The blond is even shown in the OP.
I despise woke people.
May 6, 3:34 PM

Feb 2019
Well the battle against the human army went as expected… Easy win, tons of skills and levelling up for Parabellum, but we can’t gloss over the fact that Ogrou drugged and raped the human girls he took as prisoners, wtf. They also glossed over that last week with the earring stuff. Becoming hard to root for him.

It’s also a bit rich from Ogrou to call the humans greedy for wanting the elves’ medicine to heal their dying princess, when he does shit way worse than that all the time. If the humans weren’t able to peacefully negotiate with the elves because of the elves existing laws about selling to humans, I don’t see that as greed 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hilarious that same medicine gets given to Ogrou and his group for FREE by the elves for saving the princess and working for the elf leader 😂 man this show is kind of a doozy at times. Started off very well, but lately it’s just been kinda meh. Rinse and repeat with the battles and skill questions..Hard to like the MC, not seeing much of a story come together, etc etc.

I know the LN is highly regarded and influenced Tensura, MT and a bunch of others so maybe the next few eps will be better… wonder how long till we get an Onsen orgy lmao
Marinate1016May 6, 4:00 PM
May 6, 3:34 PM
Jun 2012
Got to see the start of their merry little band.

Other than that fairly uneventful. I am glad they glossed over the hot springs and it's construction. That would have been a waste of airtime. If it had been any longer.
May 6, 4:54 PM

Feb 2022
Gave the show a second peek just to see if my initial review of it going to shit was correct.
It got worse

Nothing like what should be a good battle becoming "oh here's a summary instead".
The animations are becoming stiffer too.
May 6, 5:13 PM

Mar 2022
Would be nice to see actual battles instead of simple narration but, I guess fuck it.
May 6, 5:13 PM

May 2015
Ogrou is in his capturing and conscripting groove. But now he has reason to be afraid of being captured, with him being a living healing potion a whole kingdom is hunting for! It also feels like a first when the MC is the bandit pillaging and looting and not the knight stopping those maniacal fiends.
May 6, 5:30 PM
Sep 2008
it went from somewhat interesting to boring really fast.
May 6, 5:53 PM
Apr 2023
Still frames and flashing light effects lol the littlest bit of animation for the fight scenes.
May 6, 6:22 PM

Dec 2018
wtf is wrong with this author? dropped like a rock.
May 6, 6:30 PM

Feb 2011
This dude is a Chad for an Isekai protagonist.

Saves useless people

has bitches, and gets money, and his power is always increasing.

I wonder if he will evolve again

5/5

May 6, 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
The people who are freaking out over the grape missed the part where he had sex with the elven slaves to "humble" them.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 6, 7:19 PM
Jan 2017
Never thought the show was good. OP protagonist, instant skill grabs (that never get used), warlording not kingdom building. But it was a fun trashy show.
But this episode was the worst. I won't detail why. I'm sure you can guess the main reason.
I'm outta' this anime.
May 6, 7:32 PM
Apr 2020
No idea the trash isekai protagonist would end up drugging and raping female characters. I'm done. This is where I draw the line. I'm dropping this shit.

I'm guessing the girl will end up in his harem, obviously, SMH.
May 6, 7:39 PM

Aug 2018
The series is picking up but data dumps are too much to keep track of.
May 6, 7:40 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to archanaam36
No idea the trash isekai protagonist would end up drugging and raping female characters. I'm done. This is where I draw the line. I'm dropping this shit.

I'm guessing the girl will end up in his harem, obviously, SMH.
@archanaam36 Ok. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
May 6, 7:46 PM

Mar 2022
LOL! So many showflakes. Seriously though. It is pretty toned down show (unfortunately). This is some heavy exaggerating bs you got going on.
May 6, 7:57 PM

Feb 2019
so redhead girl and redhead knight gonna end up together? she'll let go of oguro now? lol
May 6, 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Piromysl
So, we finally have a rapist protagonist and it was played off as a joke? And maybe she will even fall in love with him as a "reward" after?
Well, this is where I draw the line, so I'm dropping this one.
@Piromysl I'm shocked this got dubbed. I mean it was obvious from the start but yeah this is pretty much no defending this. I started to not like him around episode 3 and 4 with how he saw woman. This character is so unlikable. I'll stick it out as at least the voice acting and opening theme.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 6, 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
I think people calling anyone a snowflake or making fun of people are dropping this show are reasons why the anime fandom gets dunk on endlessly. This show is easily second worst of the season. It would be the worst if Gods Game didn't exist. This show is a mess on nearly every aspect. So many art and animation errors. The bland artstyle. The piss poor writing with nothing really sticking with you. A main character that is not only OP but so fucking unlikable it making me why you we should root for him. Stop defending bad shows that won't get a follow up. The medium can do better and we know this.
May 7, 12:30 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to Jonnah0906
@Jonnah0906 Same, dropped this festering trash heap after I saw the discussions of what is gonna happen. As much as I was bothered by Redo, I did watch it till the end, to see his revenge. This anime has zero redeeming qualities, the skill spam of this Goblin is ridiculous lol I hope this anime is forgotten fast. Such a waste, so many cool looking monsters though.. I messed up thinking this was a monster girl/guy anime, it's just rape power fantasy.. :/ The declining birth rates must be really bothering the Japanese.
May 7, 2:55 AM
Feb 2020
I think it's a great isekai. It's just the MC is so awful. Rudeus Greyrat has the reputation of being a disgusting guy, but this man is just on another level. Especially this episode he's been even worse than he was in the previous ones

The rape of the knight women
The slaughtering of every man in the village

And that human guy that started living around how they said 'everyone lives together here', but if you're not a goblin you pretty much have to be a female so you can be raped else you're killed

But that is also some of the charm of this isekai I guess
May 7, 4:55 AM
Apr 2016
I’ve watched some (most) utterly trash isekai, and this is easily among the worst I’ve ever seen, and one of the maybe three I’ve ever actually dropped.

I was initially really into the premise… only to find plot doesn’t really go anywhere. That’d be fine if the characters were interesting or even just the slightest bit endearing. Instead, we get a never-ending slew of time jumps where every time jump involves our MC & co. effortlessly evolving again and again while the MC just up and decides to become one of the most prolific rapists in all of anime… which the series plays for laughs.
May 7, 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to MasterHavik
I think people calling anyone a snowflake or making fun of people are dropping this show are reasons why the anime fandom gets dunk on endlessly. This show is easily second worst of the season. It would be the worst if Gods Game didn't exist. This show is a mess on nearly every aspect. So many art and animation errors. The bland artstyle. The piss poor writing with nothing really sticking with you. A main character that is not only OP but so fucking unlikable it making me why you we should root for him. Stop defending bad shows that won't get a follow up. The medium can do better and we know this.
@MasterHavik Except, none of that's relevant if the people are dropping it specifically because rape is some untouchable fictional taboo. I have zero issues with a monster MC actually acting like a monster, his humanity only plays a role up to a certain point. He's not a bleeding heart just because he saved the human women from experiencing a fate worse than death, that's an awfully low moral bar. Don't mistake that for me defending the quality of the show, it's trash, but that doesn't mean it's not entertaining.
May 7, 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
Daddy ogre vs. Female knight.

Starting to border on rapey, but still better than tease harem shit.
May 7, 9:00 AM
Apr 2023
The last ~30 seconds with the healing blood were kind of interesting, but the rest of this show is so incredibly dumb, and it's very lame and repeitive to just always have him capturing random women that he fights before they suddenly get Stockholm Syndrome.

Also the implied rape of the human knights they captured is disgusting, and this is definitely the worst episode for that (at least before it was just a lame thing where all the women suddenly love him by their own volition).
May 7, 9:16 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to StateofOhayo
wtf is wrong with this author? dropped like a rock.
@StateofOhayo Yeah, the show went from totally watchable to lame AF. Its like amateur hour writing suddenly. Pretty sad cause I was enjoying it so far.
May 7, 9:43 AM
Feb 2016
Holy shit, now I remember why I dropped the manga. It's a definition of incels' wet dream. It was one of the precursors of damned, low quality isekai, and it aged worse than milk. Also, is it me or did animation get even worse?
May 7, 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to GooseHybrid
The last ~30 seconds with the healing blood were kind of interesting, but the rest of this show is so incredibly dumb, and it's very lame and repeitive to just always have him capturing random women that he fights before they suddenly get Stockholm Syndrome.

Also the implied rape of the human knights they captured is disgusting, and this is definitely the worst episode for that (at least before it was just a lame thing where all the women suddenly love him by their own volition).
@GooseHybrid You missed the part where he sexed up the elves to break them of their pride, because they wouldn't wear the "earrings".
May 7, 12:10 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to MasterHavik
@MasterHavik Getting offended over the actions of fictional character that is monster, who acts like a monster is ridiculous. Even though nothing was showed and they still freaked out is even more pathetic. Ofc I would make fun of that. Is the show trash? Absolutely.
May 7, 12:39 PM
Jun 2021
People don't have an issue with shows depicting rape, murder, or other morally objectionable acts. The issue comes from the tone and direction, where rape / cannibalism / murder is played for laughs and treated as cool and morally OK and funny. It treats the subject matter like a total joke, doesn't really ask any questions about it, doesn't ask the viewer to think about any of it / judge it / contrast it, or anything. The MC isn't treated as evil, or morally gray, but instead as a one dimensional unquestioned hero by basically everyone in-universe, monster or no. Characters only exist to be subservient to, back up, or get raped by the MC. It's an embarrassment of writing.

So yeah the issue at hand isn't that the subject matter is dark, it's that it's treated hilariously poorly.
TharronisMay 7, 1:21 PM
May 7, 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Saphiran
@MasterHavik Getting offended over the actions of fictional character that is monster, who acts like a monster is ridiculous. Even though nothing was showed and they still freaked out is even more pathetic. Ofc I would make fun of that. Is the show trash? Absolutely.
@Saphiran So you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. No one cares he is not real. You can still criticize it. People have full right to say," OH this is a fucker a rapist? I'm out dawg." They are making a choice with their time to be sued elsewhere. It's not that they are offended they are just kind of like, "I'm done." People gotta let shit be instead of being a jackass constantly for no reason.

Also I don't know monsters acting like this because he is the only one taking this action. I don't see others in his group doing so don't give me that bullshit.
May 7, 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Tharronis
People don't have an issue with shows depicting rape, murder, or other morally objectionable acts. The issue comes from the tone and direction, where rape / cannibalism / murder is played for laughs and treated as cool and morally OK and funny. It treats the subject matter like a total joke, doesn't really ask any questions about it, doesn't ask the viewer to think about any of it / judge it / contrast it, or anything. The MC isn't treated as evil, or morally gray, but instead as a one dimensional unquestioned hero by basically everyone in-universe, monster or no. Characters only exist to be subservient to, back up, or get raped by the MC. It's an embarrassment of writing.

So yeah the issue at hand isn't that the subject matter is dark, it's that it's treated hilariously poorly.
@Tharronis How is it someone who has nearly a 3 year old account making more sense than more active users? Peace brother.
May 7, 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to LostSpectre
@MasterHavik Except, none of that's relevant if the people are dropping it specifically because rape is some untouchable fictional taboo. I have zero issues with a monster MC actually acting like a monster, his humanity only plays a role up to a certain point. He's not a bleeding heart just because he saved the human women from experiencing a fate worse than death, that's an awfully low moral bar. Don't mistake that for me defending the quality of the show, it's trash, but that doesn't mean it's not entertaining.
@LostSpectre How the fuck is that entertaining though? I mean people have breaking points and if that is one of them....that's one of them. There is nothing wrong with it dude. Also you can't make that excuse of him being a monster when he is clearly smart enough to know he doesn't have to do that. He is also smart enough to stop the twerking old man from being a creep. So you can't make that excuse as barely anyone else acts like that. I don't see what people are reading but monsters aren't total dumbasses that have one track minds.
May 7, 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to MasterHavik
@LostSpectre How the fuck is that entertaining though? I mean people have breaking points and if that is one of them....that's one of them. There is nothing wrong with it dude. Also you can't make that excuse of him being a monster when he is clearly smart enough to know he doesn't have to do that. He is also smart enough to stop the twerking old man from being a creep. So you can't make that excuse as barely anyone else acts like that. I don't see what people are reading but monsters aren't total dumbasses that have one track minds.
@MasterHavik Why is anything entertaining? My point about him being a monster was not that he's mindless or something, just embraced a nature that's a bit more brutal and animalistic. If he was a virtuous person he would probably still be virtuous as a monster, but he's never truly been that, and maybe that's where some people were mistaken, but he's not supposed to be a good guy, he's very morally grey.
May 7, 9:15 PM

Apr 2022
With regard to what happened to the blonde haired lady knight: it was an honest depiction of the consequences women face in war. Further, she literally told him: "If you desire me, prove your worth in battle." (that's from the dub, to be clear). I'm not saying he's a saint for making her live up to her bet, but what she basically proclaimed was that if she won she would kill him, and if he did he would decide her fate. He's an ogre with a captive: the result was obvious.

What I will give the show credit for is that they did not show her topless, they did not show what happened in detail, they made the implication clear and they moved the heck on.

I'm not someone who would ever mock someone for dropping a show. I've dropped stuff for extreme animal cruelty or someone flirting with another character as a part of a romantic pair and then having the viewer find out one of the two is already in a relationship. I despise cheating. And some people despise--or literally cannot handle for a number of psychological reasons--any depiction of rape within media.

Where I will disagree with or laugh at people is when they feel that media should be cleansed so it can be universally palatable to their moral compass. Or--and this is more of a pet peeve of mine personally--when people judge stories by our moral standards rather than within the established norms and rules of a story world. If you want everything to reflect your own pre-existing reality, why on earth are you reading / watching fiction?

Gobrou / Ogrou is not a good guy. That's been a fact from word go. What I love about him is that he is a complex guy. He can do good things or bad things, and he can shift this in quick succession. This is a very honest portrayal of what it can mean to be human--charged up to the 9th degree to hold our attention. Because of course, in a real world scenario we'd want someone like Gobrou / Ogrou locked up for the rest of eternity.

But in fiction? A character like this is fire.
Website | YouTube
Anime reviews, episode discussions, lists, and opinions.
May 7, 10:31 PM

Feb 2016
Every day: Pum pum! Day xxx.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 20

28 by xion03 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Would this anime be better with a different studio?

GoatPieceLuffy - 7 hours ago

12 by Oongbuh »»
9 minutes ago

» human girls

Jigglephysic - Apr 3

27 by Azuchi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

154 by nanajp »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

82 by nanajp »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.