Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
So this show has cults...yikes. We still got a lot of focus on Livia and living her life. I think this show really wants us to get invested into her character.

On another note, I do like the way this show adapts a balanced lighthearted and mature tone. Some characters just can't help but cause trouble in public.
Apr 18, 10:20 AM

Dec 2021
After getting fired from the detective agency, Livia finds herself homeless once again.

As she goes for a meal at the usual soup kitchen, she is approached by young volunteers. Invited by them, Livia visits a facility belonging to a cult religious group called World's Branch Hillclan.

Apr 18, 10:22 AM

Mar 2019
Livia is truly a trouble magnet.
Apr 18, 12:20 PM
Mar 2021
that religious cult video with the hidden message😭rah
Apr 18, 12:20 PM

Apr 2022
Livia just can't get a break, but nonetheless swims through life effortlessly
Apr 18, 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
Seems like Livia's OP senses protected her from the brainwashing.
Still Livia living on the streets is something worrisome hopefully she finds something where she doesn't have to live on the streets.
Still it's nice to see she stays optimistic.
Apr 18, 1:31 PM

Jan 2023
13:00 is this loss?
Apr 18, 1:53 PM

May 2019
Now that I know that Livia has all of her powers that she had in her world I think she'll be fine even if she's homeless and somewhat gullible because she can always escape as she did in this episode and the last one.

While Sara wasn't shown much here it sounds like she may go to school in the next episode and I'm looking forward to watching the antics that will arise from that.
Apr 18, 1:58 PM

Jun 2023
Livia is quite literally that unemployed friend at 2pm on a Tuesday.
Apr 18, 2:34 PM

Oct 2021
Ok, so I was a bit iffy on the homeless bit, but with this cult stuff it just seems like this anime will make a habit of taking terrible things that real people suffer from and turning them into lighthearted jokes. Like, it's appropriating misfortune with understanding about as deep as a puddle, just saying haha, isn't that funny and weird. It's obviously not the worst thing I have ever seen, but if this continues being a pattern, that's sort of low-key gross. I'm getting some really weird vibes from this whole thing, like the original creator is not all that empathically bright. I'll give it one more episode, but I do not have high hopes.
Apr 18, 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
I watched this with x4 playback speed and it was bearable at the very least. 🤣🤣🤣

Hinamatsuri was great, but this... the homelessness and actual story makes their predicament being delivered in a hilarious but negative kind of way. I kinda feel bad watching Livia in that state, if the author wants to have some kind of sympathy towards her, man, it's working, but it's rather annoying to force us to make us feel like that. It's rather ingrating. Anyway, I hope they won't make fun of homeless people anymore in this series.
CrazyButNot4UApr 18, 3:26 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 18, 3:34 PM
Jan 2017
Fascinating to see some social criticism in an anime. Someone in the creative chain has had an encounter with a cult, I believe. They really got into the details of how cults get their claws into a person.
hyoma30 said:
Livia is truly a trouble magnet.

But she should know by now that she is way more capable than ordinary people. If she doesn't want to be a hostess, she can be a bouncer.
Dreadogastus_FApr 18, 3:39 PM
Apr 18, 3:40 PM
Jul 2019
Ain't no way that dude literally stabbed himself to prove that the cult is bullshit
Apr 18, 5:02 PM
Oct 2019
Well, this was a ... interesting episode to say the least.
I was really impressed with how capable Livia is, living that homeless life.
The cult part of the episode felt a bit random but the comedy was fun nevertherless.

This episode was definitly not as good as 1 and 2. Next episode looks promising tho, can't wait!!
3.5/5
Apr 18, 6:04 PM
Nov 2018
@CrazyButNot4U @Dawnlit So your both saying if a anime is going to show cults and people being homeless. They should be more authentic about it?
Apr 18, 6:14 PM

Mar 2024
One of the best anime of this season.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 18, 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
Though I thought the blond-haired girl was the protagonist at first, the silver-haired girl was the one, right?
Apr 18, 6:42 PM
May 2017
Reply to TheUnkovvn
Ain't no way that dude literally stabbed himself to prove that the cult is bullshit
@TheUnkovvn Some people set themselves on fire as a protest.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 18, 7:04 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to youchl
13:00 is this loss?
@youchl Now I cannot unsee this...why did you...
bruh
Apr 18, 8:14 PM
Apr 2023
Thank goodness Livia is an OP (sorta) isekaijin. If the group learns that she serves another more adept magic user, they would surely go crazy about that 😆 and looks like Sara is going to live a school girl's life soon.
It's just like what happened in Golden Time or let's say Welcome to the NHK. And things like scam groups/cults are still happening today not just in Japan. Most of them are in the form of religious/evangelical worship ministries (easier to get followers and usually the profit is tax free), or financial networking scams (like the dubious investment or crypto pyramiding or ponzi scheming). Usually the targeted ones are the young adult people because somehow they are still impressionable, looking for a sense of belonging or looking for a good 'head start' financially - and usually the ones leading these are trained or naturally charismatic people who either knows how to balloon up facts and/or extremely charming.
Apr 18, 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
She's playing a little too much Yakuza lol
Apr 18, 8:58 PM

Feb 2019
So it seems like this show is going to consistently take pretty dark themes and twist them into jokes, which considering it’s written by the Haganai author, isn’t that surprising. This week we get Livia taken in by a cult which was definitely an experience. Livia may have got out of it thanks to her magical abilities, but people irl aren’t as lucky. These groups prey on the vulnerable and then brainwash them.

Like I can’t believe that dude stabbed himself! It’s a good thing Livia has her same abilities and was able to heal him, but that opened another can of worms because now they think she’s their saviour 😂. If she’s got all her abilities from the old world though, she should be good going forward.

Seems like Sara will be going to school starting next episode too??
Apr 18, 9:11 PM

Dec 2019
That 3D animation was hilarious, gave me some Bocchi vibes at first.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 18, 10:13 PM
Mar 2024
Interesting episode,quite unique one
Apr 18, 10:43 PM
May 2023
kuroneko99 said:
Though I thought the blond-haired girl was the protagonist at first, the silver-haired girl was the one, right?

I think the story is about both Sara's buddy cop adventures with her private detective "Dad" & Livia's attempts to find a job suited to her, so she can continue protecting her Princess. So they kind of take turns being the protagonist. Either way, I've been loving the series so far.
Apr 18, 10:53 PM
May 2023
@CrazyButNot4U I never got the feeling that they were making fun of homeless people. Like, they're not stereotypical caricatures & jokes aren't really made at their expense. I feel like they're treated a fair bit like real people as well. The jokes are more about Livia being a fish out of water & not understanding what it means to be homeless or part of a cult on Earth, & trying to apply her understanding of her previous world to what she's experiencing on Earth. The jokes are more about, & directed to, her as opposed to the homeless people & cult members she interacts with who, for the most part, are treated like ordinary people.
Apr 19, 12:15 AM

Mar 2008
Well that sure was something. What a shitty con cult.
Apr 19, 2:04 AM
Apr 2021
Haha this show should be called The Homeless Adventures with Livia bc I thought Sara was the MC but no 2 out of the 3 episodes have just been about Livia and tbh I love it so much she’s always in some kind of weird situation first with the sexy hostess and now she was about to get brainwashed by a cult, I swear she’s always going through some unfortunate misfortunes i feel so bad for her at times but thankfully everything about this show is lighthearted so I can laugh a lil bit at the stupidity of Livia’s situations🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think I said this last time already but goddamn Livia is straight up just eye candy I love her tiddies and cleavage and the way they sit in her tracksuit + somebody get me Noa Minakami she’s 22 and built petite asf I need it badly😫😩😫
Treyv0nApr 19, 2:27 AM
Apr 19, 4:35 AM

Sep 2023
Let's promote that good homeless life! Livia is the best at it 😂
Apr 19, 4:36 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to Moppit
@CrazyButNot4U @Dawnlit So your both saying if a anime is going to show cults and people being homeless. They should be more authentic about it?
@Moppit I guess more authentic is a way of putting it. It's not that I think every harsh situation should be treated with no humor at all, but this thing just dismisses the harshness completely. There is no hint of the existential dread in either of those life situations (or any of the others, like sex workers or people in failing marriages). Like, the main homeless guy turned out to just be homeless because he chose to, or whatever, and none of them are shown to actually suffer or be discriminated against or anything. The story just uses the aesthetics of homelessness for the sake of lighthearted comedy.

The same with the cult. We are talking about a brain-washing bleed-them-dry-and-use-them-for-slave-labor kind of cult, bad enough for a desperate person whose life was ruined to try and take his life to prove a point. And it was played for laughs. Like it was no big deal. Like, the cultists are not there because of repeated mental abuse and tragedy in their lives, but just because someone, lol, put subliminal messages in videos, haha, isn't that silly. And given her distinct character design, the cult leader is pretty much guaranteed to be a returning character, and I have a feeling this shit-show is going to try and turn her into a sympathetic character, and, like, yuck. No thanks.

I guess my problem is that none of the situations are too over the top, so it's not like the silliness of Konosuba, which contains jokes about pretty much the same things, but at the same time it lacks the courage and insight to actually touch on the difficulties of people failed by society, and makes light of their pain, making it feel like what you are supposed to laugh at is their life situations, themselves. It feels like a tour of the unfortunate peoples of modern society but as a lighthearted romp. It feels voyeuristic, gentrifying, and lacking in empathy for other people's suffering, or just lacking in basic humanity. It feels like how a rich sociopath thinks of poor people. So, in other words, pretty gross.

Sorry about the rant, but I hope this makes my feelings clear.
Apr 19, 4:37 AM
Apr 2022
she just joined a cult and then possibly be a cult leader. so random, but at least it was fun
Apr 19, 5:39 AM
Nov 2018
@Dawnlit I get where you're coming from. Livia being homeless and joining a cult isn't the main part of the story. If it was, I would at least hope they would do a better job showing the struggles and dangers of those lifestyles. It's just there to show what she is up to after being kicked out and not having an identity in our world. I just think they wanted to show someone isekai to our world would have a harder time living than if we went to their world where you don't have to have proof of identity there. I know that could have been handled better than going through the normal tropes.
Apr 19, 6:10 AM

Dec 2022
Did they seriously put Ode Of Joy in this episode. I was laughing so hard lol

Apr 19, 6:29 AM

Jan 2021
Will this whole anime be about showing Livia-san the worst of our human world? Or making herself miserable...didn't like it, neither the way the topic was treated nor the episode itself, didn't laugh at all, and that's difficult, I've seen terrible anime.
falko92Apr 19, 6:33 AM
Apr 19, 7:37 AM
Dec 2015
Disgusting bug eating. I guess it shows how starved the homeless in this world are.
Apr 19, 7:55 AM
Sep 2021
Livia enjoyed her time being a homeless person & enjoying her daily life in a very simple way.
Apr 19, 10:33 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to TheUnkovvn
@TheUnkovvn Why would you expect rationality from a cultist, rather?
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
I'm really enjoying how funny this anime is. Losing it over the post-credits scene.
Apr 19, 5:53 PM

Aug 2015
Reply to TemporalUsername
Disgusting bug eating. I guess it shows how starved the homeless in this world are.
@TemporalUsername Eating bugs is actually a thing in japan. If you go to a japanese grocery store you'll find shelves with dried crickets and stuff.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 19, 6:03 PM
May 2017
Dawnlit said:
@Moppit I guess more authentic is a way of putting it. It's not that I think every harsh situation should be treated with no humor at all, but this thing just dismisses the harshness completely. There is no hint of the existential dread in either of those life situations (or any of the others, like sex workers or people in failing marriages). Like, the main homeless guy turned out to just be homeless because he chose to, or whatever, and none of them are shown to actually suffer or be discriminated against or anything. The story just uses the aesthetics of homelessness for the sake of lighthearted comedy.

The same with the cult. We are talking about a brain-washing bleed-them-dry-and-use-them-for-slave-labor kind of cult, bad enough for a desperate person whose life was ruined to try and take his life to prove a point. And it was played for laughs. Like it was no big deal. Like, the cultists are not there because of repeated mental abuse and tragedy in their lives, but just because someone, lol, put subliminal messages in videos, haha, isn't that silly. And given her distinct character design, the cult leader is pretty much guaranteed to be a returning character, and I have a feeling this shit-show is going to try and turn her into a sympathetic character, and, like, yuck. No thanks.

I guess my problem is that none of the situations are too over the top, so it's not like the silliness of Konosuba, which contains jokes about pretty much the same things, but at the same time it lacks the courage and insight to actually touch on the difficulties of people failed by society, and makes light of their pain, making it feel like what you are supposed to laugh at is their life situations, themselves. It feels like a tour of the unfortunate peoples of modern society but as a lighthearted romp. It feels voyeuristic, gentrifying, and lacking in empathy for other people's suffering, or just lacking in basic humanity. It feels like how a rich sociopath thinks of poor people. So, in other words, pretty gross.

chill its just a damn anime dont think too hard abt this lmaoooo
Apr 19, 10:48 PM
Jul 2021
this show is a gem, I can never predict what's gonna happen at all
Apr 19, 11:46 PM

May 2016
Had to enjoy a full episode about our fap worthy Livia san XD
Apr 20, 2:03 AM

Feb 2010
This was my favorite episode so far. Good job team.
Apr 20, 2:14 AM

Jan 2017
The problem isn't the story, the more lighthearted it is, the better, people virtue signalling even on fucking MAL are weird as hell.
The problem is that Livia is the most boring character archetype imaginable, and every moment wasted on her is an insult to Sara, who's actually entertaining to watch.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 20, 4:53 AM

Feb 2016
I like Livia a lot, but because of my filthy brain I can't help but think in any moment someone will try to do something BAD to her :s

btw I'm sad, we only got to see Sara for like 10 seconds :c
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 20, 6:46 AM
Apr 2023
Loved the focus on Livia and the kind of comic relief stuff this episode 😆 Funny how powerful yet unaware she is.
Apr 20, 7:51 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to dxtremecaliber
Dawnlit said:

chill its just a damn anime dont think too hard abt this lmaoooo
@dxtremecaliber I was under the impression this was the place for sharing our opinions, so I did. Then someone asked for clarification, and I gave it. This is not me thinking hard. This is me trying to put words to why watching this anime made me feel the way I did.

If you don't want to think about the media you consume, that's your choice. I am not making you do anything. But if you go to a forum thread that exists solely for sharing opinions, and then complain about someone else having an opinion, well, I don't know what to tell you. If you can't handle something without rejecting it, I think it would be good for you to either learn to deal with it, or to live in a way where you don't get exposed to it.

Best wishes, and all that.
Apr 20, 10:06 AM
May 2017
Dawnlit said:
@dxtremecaliber I was under the impression this was the place for sharing our opinions, so I did. Then someone asked for clarification, and I gave it. This is not me thinking hard. This is me trying to put words to why watching this anime made me feel the way I did.

If you don't want to think about the media you consume, that's your choice. I am not making you do anything. But if you go to a forum thread that exists solely for sharing opinions, and then complain about someone else having an opinion, well, I don't know what to tell you. If you can't handle something without rejecting it, I think it would be good for you to either learn to deal with it, or to live in a way where you don't get exposed to it.

Best wishes, and all that.

im just saying dont too think too much on an comedy anime like wth because you keep proving my point because you put another goddamn essay lol
Apr 20, 12:19 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to TemporalUsername
@TemporalUsername
Have you ever tried eating bugs? They genuinely taste good.
Notes:
"Insect meat is rich in amino acids, fats, sugars, and has a high concentration of vitamins B and K" - expert from the Department of Invertebrate Zoology and Hydrobiology, University of Lodz.
According to the FAO (United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization) estimates, every day about one third of the Earth's population, or more than 2 billion people, eat insects.
Apr 20, 4:25 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Orenjion
@TemporalUsername
Have you ever tried eating bugs? They genuinely taste good.
Notes:
"Insect meat is rich in amino acids, fats, sugars, and has a high concentration of vitamins B and K" - expert from the Department of Invertebrate Zoology and Hydrobiology, University of Lodz.
According to the FAO (United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization) estimates, every day about one third of the Earth's population, or more than 2 billion people, eat insects.
@Orenjion
Just because most of the worlds pop eats bugs,don't mean they enjoy them :)
Hell,a lot of people seem to enjoy touting about being vegans,doesn't mean they enjoy vegetables :),just means they eat them ;)
I wonder if someone has thought about genetically modifying plants into more capable plants,like Triffids,then salad bowls would be on a WHOLE other level :)
And no,I don't think eating most insects is disgusting,esp covered in chocolate!
Wasps on the other hand :)
I detest those banded hooligans!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

22 by 1WanteD1 »»
5 hours ago

» Question for LN readers *SPOILERS*

BrotherCoa - Jun 6

3 by MeherabHB »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

33 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

39 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

57 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.