Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 27, 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
This play is like a reflection of the characters themselves and imo, it's a stellar way of showcasing what this season has been about.

Fuka also manages to surprise us one more time this season. She's really grown out of her hollow shell from before. Tomozaki learned so much this season imo, perhaps more than the previous. It's been a hell of an experience and journey for him.
Mar 27, 5:27 AM

Dec 2021
Everything Kikuchi has done until now has led to this moment... Let's see the play!

In a garden dwells the young girl Chris, alongside Libra, the locksmith's boy, and Princess Althea's story revolving around a dragon. The curtains rise on the stage production The Way I Don't Know How to Fly, crafted by the entire class. As the audience is drawn into the tale of self-reflection and personal choices, they are soon captivated. Eventually, as the story reaches its climax, the applause from Tomozaki's, about to clap, abruptly ceases. A scene unknown to Tomozaki begins: A Letter from Chris. For Tomozaki, it is nothing but a message from Kikuchi.

Natsubayashi and Mizusawa aren't great at acting, but Hinami always nails it. No surprise there; she practically lives her roles every day. Sorry, Minami bros, but Kikuchi is the original best girl. You didn't stand a chance. Lol. Even though Kikuchi suggested Tomozaki should be with Hinami, he still confesses to her. It's funny how little has changed between Tomozaki and Kikuchi now that they're a couple.

Tomozaki has made his choice, and it's none other than Fuuka Kikuchi. He's done it. He completed the task of getting a girlfriend. And as for his next task, lose his virginity.

This season wasn't as good as the first, but it wasn't bad either. It mainly showed how much Tomozaki has grown, and boy, has he grown a lot.
IzanaSolosMar 27, 6:21 AM

Mar 27, 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
Fuka's play, directed to the small school theater, it's finally in session, and in full display. Everyone played their parts well, but other than Aoi's ad-libbing which caused the play to go off-kilter, Tama managed to recover, and the play is back in business. The thing is, Tomozaki expected the ending to come, but the abridged ending, which he'd not learn about until the last minute, is reflected on the play as well.

This puts Tomozaki on the same old life's peril, that both Libra and Kris are directly related to both himself and Fuka, which is weird from Minami's POV, causing her to chase after him to go back to her, knowing that she has no chance of ever being with him. Still though, Fuka still thinks that Alucia fits Libra, while thinking of Tomozaki into the ideal life picture as well, but without her reality input, which she feels like she's ended up in a bad ending. It's the same for Tomozaki, though thanks to Aoi, he bucked up and learnt so much over both seasons. In Fuka's ideal world, both her and Tomozaki aren't meant to be together as polar opposites, but in reality, he can make that decision...to date her, and change her ways of looking at the world.

Tomozaki's character change is a success, but still far from the ultimate goal. Minami may be sad, but she gets over her rejection quite easily, and will continue to play with Tomozaki as her comedy partner. As for Fuka, her new character goal, fit with the new ending, is quite the perfect ending for both her and Tomozaki.

Season 2's a good follow-up to a still criminally underrated series after 3 years, Tomozaki's life skills are still in the learning process.
KANLen09Mar 27, 6:32 AM
Mar 27, 5:45 AM
Mar 2018
lost its entire emotional connection, plot direction, character development, and overriding concept to become a harem trope anime where the character - AS ALWAYS - picks the most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice.
Mar 27, 6:15 AM

Oct 2014
Finally its over, that season dragged on a bit.

Already knew when mimimi confessed first that he was never going to pick her. I know the feeling of always being second best, Im just happy that she is getting the love she deserves in her spinoff manga.

Even if they announce a S3 i would likely not pick this up anymore, i liked the self improvement side of things but the drama with the romance, love triangle/polygon put me off.

Still was ok, id give it a 6/10
Mar 27, 6:17 AM
Aug 2017
Man, the production values on that play were really high. That prop dragon must have taken some amount of effort. You expect it from Aoi & Mizusawa, but Tama really did a good job with her acting, I can't imagine that's in her comfort zone.

Hope we get a season 3 somewhere down the line. We need to see the real villain of the series make her appearance. Also Atafami. Looots of Atafami.

Mimimi fans, if you want some solace in this ending. Next season will involve Tomozaki considering his priorities in life and romantic relationship... does not make the top 2 spots. So, if you want her to finally come first in something, she actually dodged a bullet here.
Mar 27, 6:21 AM
Sep 2020
I'm just happy that it happened. It's not the best of the best, but it was very enjoyable. I think many viewers don't care about the main purpose of the show because of some heroine war : Tomozaki's evolution throughout the story.
I'll put a 10 for this (though objectively it's 7 or 8 at most), but i'll just continue to read the Light Novel
Mar 27, 6:27 AM
Sep 2021
for me, he choose the wrong girl, minami was a better and coherent choice with the charactres development
Mar 27, 6:27 AM
Jun 2023
What a way to end the season! I cried when I read this scene in the light novel, and it still hit me right smack in the feels today too. It’s a beautiful example of great storytelling by weaving all the plot threads from season 1 and season 2 to create an emotionally resonant climax while still staying true to the characters. From Mimimi putting other people first again in pushing Tomozaki forward, to Fuuka trying to do the same for Tomozaki and the “wizard” that “brought color to his world” from her author’s perspective, to Tomozaki’s feeling of rejection as he ruminates on how life isn’t a shitty game after all, it all comes together magnificently in the climax. Remember when Fuuka asked Tomozaki how he would decide between two girls that are special/important to him for ending her story in Episode 8 right before Mimimi confessed? She was sneakily using the story to figure out who he would pick between herself versus Aoi! Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if part of why she tried to emulate Aoi was to get closer to Tomozaki!

It would have been so easy for Mimimi to have just comforted Tomozaki about his rejection as an avenue to get to his heart for herself. But Mimimi isn’t the best girl for nothing! When her friend is hurting, she steps up to the plate to help push him forward. A true friend.

Hopefully we get a third season. Watching these crazy kids muddle through adolescence is fun!

In the meanwhile, I’m going to check out the new original anime “Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night” next season. The script was done by the same author as this series. If you liked it as I did you should check it out!
Mar 27, 6:29 AM
Feb 2021
i personaly feel that how that this episode went it was kind of a waste starting the show in general but i guess i have a different taste compare to other people...

but i feel like somehow all the shows i wqtch are making aure ro ruin everything at the final episode.

if tsukimichi moonlight fantasy season 2 last episode gonna be also trash and if somehow they will manage to ruin more shows that i like, i think at this point it be better for me to start writing mangas myself i swear..
Mar 27, 6:35 AM

Mar 2010
The result kind of felt insincere for me for following reasons:
1) I never saw any glimpses of Tomozaki having romantic feelings towards Kikuchi. I remember in first season when Aoi was teasing him and I still think he is more romantically inclined towards Aoi
2) Did Tomozaki promote the ending with Kikuchi because it felt more right with her story? I mean dude you could give her advice about the story but that doesn't mean you have to ask her out..
3) Did Tomozaki promote the ending with Kikuchi because his task was to ask someone out? That's what I will always end up feeling. That he just keeps on doing tasks given by Aoi.

I mean of course he cares for Kikuchi but.. Having doubts about Tomozaki's real feelings. Kikuchi is definitely a really nice girl and a real keeper. But i still feel Aoi and Tomozaki are the ideal couple and should be.. I mean the whole show was supposed to be game-theme but now it ended up with novel-theme out of the blue. I want the game-theme!

End of my ramble. I don't feel this series has ended, or has it.. ? Is there more to the story in the light novel?
Mar 27, 6:47 AM
Jan 2016
Look how they Yuigahama'd my girl 😭
Mar 27, 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
Sorry Mimimi, but you have blue hair. She's second once again :(. I also heard that blue hair is just how Tomozaki sees her, and in reality she has black hair. Can LN readers confirm?
They really just made me like Kikuchi in season 1, then change teams in a couple episodes in season 2, then made Tomozaki choose Kikuchi xD. But thinking about it, she knew him the whole time, while Mimimi didn't even know he existed before events of season 1, so I guess it makes sense.
Yes I'm a bit bitter about the ending, but overall I'm satisfied.

9/10, same as season 1.
Really enjoyed this. The first half with Tama was cool, but the second half was where the juice is at. Would love a sequel.
EmbientMar 27, 7:01 AM
Mar 27, 6:59 AM
May 2014
I'm curious, I hope there will be next season
Mar 27, 7:00 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to Embient
Sorry Mimimi, but you have blue hair. She's second once again :(. I also heard that blue hair is just how Tomozaki sees her, and in reality she has black hair. Can LN readers confirm?
They really just made me like Kikuchi in season 1, then change teams in a couple episodes in season 2, then made Tomozaki choose Kikuchi xD. But thinking about it, she knew him the whole time, while Mimimi didn't even know he existed before events of season 1, so I guess it makes sense.
Yes I'm a bit bitter about the ending, but overall I'm satisfied.

9/10, same as season 1.
Really enjoyed this. The first half with Tama was cool, but the second half was where the juice is at. Would love a sequel.
@Embient Yeah, both Mimimi and Kikuchi have black hair in reality. If you google around a bit, you can find some images of them both with their natural hair. I think Konno is the only girl who genuinely dyes her hair blonde. Some of the guys maybe dye theirs too, I'm not sure it ever confirms this either way in the novels. It's set in real-world Japan though, so every one of them will have naturally dark hair.
Mar 27, 7:03 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to The_Wicker_Man
@Embient Yeah, both Mimimi and Kikuchi have black hair in reality. If you google around a bit, you can find some images of them both with their natural hair. I think Konno is the only girl who genuinely dyes her hair blonde. Some of the guys maybe dye theirs too, I'm not sure it ever confirms this either way in the novels. It's set in real-world Japan though, so every one of them will have naturally dark hair.
@The_Wicker_Man Oh, so they dye their hair? I thought it was how Tomozaki perceives Mimimi, like a symbolic thing or something.
Mar 27, 7:06 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to Embient
@The_Wicker_Man Oh, so they dye their hair? I thought it was how Tomozaki perceives Mimimi, like a symbolic thing or something.
@Embient No no, Konno dyes hers and the guys might, but I'm not sure. For all the other girls, it is indeed Tomozaki's inner perception like you thought.
Mar 27, 7:06 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to The_Wicker_Man
@Embient No no, Konno dyes hers and the guys might, but I'm not sure. For all the other girls, it is indeed Tomozaki's inner perception like you thought.
@The_Wicker_Man Aaahhh, okay, sorry.
Mar 27, 7:15 AM
Oct 2023
minami should of won
Mar 27, 7:29 AM

Jul 2021
this was pretty good. the whole play was really well done and you could easily understand which character was based off of whom. the conclusion with kikuchi and tomozaki getting together was a nice surprise. poor mimi tho. i bet she she went and cried after running off at the end.

now after watching this episode i think kikuchi and tomozaki are pretty good together. their interests are also similar and they already knew each other well. i really wish to see more of their relationship as they become more comfortable with each other.

this pretty much felt like a very big step that was crossed. it seems highly unlikely that we would get a season 3 but i'm still very much hoping for it. maybe some drama in next season with love triangles and stuff xD.

8/10 overall. was pretty fun to watch every week. will miss watching it every week.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 27, 7:52 AM

Apr 2023
Well that is it, after three years we finally able to see this moment animated.
Satisfied enough for me on the ending though I still thought this is a mediocre adaptation. The characterization is great but the interactions are flat.

If you watch this through Tomozaki's perspective, Fuuka is the correct choice, at least at the moment. You go to someone, you know you will gonna be more important and comfortable with. And Fuuka just had so much headstart in their relationship since season 1 that even how great of a girl Mimimi is, she just had so much to made up for. Blame Aoi for that guys as she was the one that set up Fuuka to be the first girl in his "playthrough", though if not for Aoi, Tomozaki might have had the trouble even starting to know Mimimi to begin with.

As for Fuuka, we should not forget that she was one of the two people (along with Mizusawa) that made Tomozaki realize that Aoi's way of playing this "game of life" had one major flaws. She was the one also that made him realize how important Aoi is on his current and future development as the one that gave color to his grayscale life. That will be very important once his turn comes to face Aoi, the final boss.

For our new couple here, we will expect new issues arising about trust, communication and compatibility especially when external factors comes into place into this seemingly "forced" pairing. Its up to them on how will this eventually works out.

For me 7/10 for the season though it is understandable to also give it a 6 or even a 5. I am not gonna argue with that.

Finally for our salty ones here, Nanami Minami best known as Mimimi, the majority's best girl - her best character trait is:
She is not a quitter and most of all SHE IS NOT A SORE LOSER
Mar 27, 8:17 AM
Jul 2023
I can't stop screaming that they finally got together. I'm so happy!
Mar 27, 8:21 AM

Dec 2022
Which girl fails harder at winning MC? Blue hair or childhood friend?

Fuuka's play is finally here, and production values are off the charts. That whole exchange between Tomozaki and Fuuka about desires vs. ideals and what it means to be opposites was the conflict I was looking for, and really showed off Tomozaki's skills with words. Best girl Mimimi both plays wingman and earns yet another silver medal for her trophy case. I won't fault Tomozaki for his choice in waifu. Fuuka is safe and boring, but I think safe and boring is exactly what suits him.

Bottom Tier Tomozaki 2 was a change from the first season. Rather than going further into Tomozaki's personal growth, these two arcs were mostly about fleshing out the former side characters Hanabi and Fuuka. The antics of best girl Mimimi were always a pleasure, and I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the drama of the bully arc. But this show really drags in some places, especially where the play is concerned. I'm also a little disappointed by the lack of gaming references, which are what made this series unique in the first place. I'll be sticking with my first season's score of 7/10.

Final Waifu Standings!
+3 Tier: Mimimi
+2 Tier: Hanabi
+1 Tier: Fuuka
0 Tier: Izumi and the No Screentime Gang (Gumi, Glasses Girl, ...)
-1 Tier: Erika, Aoi
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 27, 8:32 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Zocca05
for me, he choose the wrong girl, minami was a better and coherent choice with the charactres development
@Zocca05 I think you may have misunderstood what the author was going for then. I figured it was obvious that he would choose Kikuchi.
Mar 27, 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Man I seriously couldn't care less about this play which is like one of those badly written script by some noob which makes sense as Kikuchi is no pro but damn that was boring af. The only thing I liked about it was how it portrayed Aoi.

Mimimi giving Tomozaki the final push though, I was mostly only interested in Aoi in s1 and while that's still the case they made me like Mimimi quite a bit in these last few episodes but alas it was the one girl I couldn't care less about that he ended up with.

Okay/meh season, which was quite annoying with all the blonde bitch stuff at the begining too. I think s1 was better? but atleast there weren't as much cringe dialogues this time. I prolly will still watch if it gets s3 as it might finally focus on Aoi? It will right?
Mar 27, 8:56 AM

Feb 2019
Really done with Tomozaki s2 😢 need season 3 announced ASAP because the best parts of the story are yet to come.

Finale went well. The play went off without a hitch and was an awesome allegory for Fuuka and Tomozaki relationship. I think it’s overall one of the most original ways to handle a confession and relationship starter I’ve ever seen actually. It’s so inline with Fuuka’s character too to use her writing as an escape from the real world and express how she really feels… but that ending, a rejection? Total shock for Tomozaki.

Mimimi fighting thru her pain to encourage Tomozaki to go after Fuuka is so real, man. If you didn’t think she was best girl already dunno how you can still deny it. Supporting the person you love, even if it’s not with you, doesn’t get more authentic than that. Also love how she was able to see that the characters were all the people around Fuuka. Mimimi comes off as a comic relief character, but don’t sleep on her intelligence.

Admittedly not a Fuuka stan, but can’t deny she and Tomozaki’s scene at the end was beautiful and a massive step for both of them. I love how Tomozaki didn’t settle for the rejection and instead defeated her with her own logic. Using the play/characters to illustrate why exactly they should be together. Those after school sessions with Aoi have really paid off. Not only is Tomozaki more confident, but his emotional intelligence has improved so much. He can understand what people really mean despite what they say, and that’s powerful. She wouldn’t be my choice of girl, but I respect Tomozaki for making his choice and just doing what he wants after so long of being a passive member of society.

They kind of sped thru some scenes at the end, but the last scene with Fuuka and Tomozaki on a date with the full version of the play was sweet, she’s becoming more assertive.. we need a season 3 to see what comes next. Haven’t reached peak Tomozaki yet.
Marinate1016Mar 27, 9:28 AM
Mar 27, 9:02 AM
Aug 2022
Ngl they need to stop speaking in riddles my dumb a** is too stupid for this. 😭😭

Jokes aside I could have lived 100 lifetimes watching this and never once would I have expected Him to choose Fuuka.

Personally out of the three girls I had them ordered like this in who I thought he would choose.

1. Hinami (Trash)
3. Mimimi
3. Fuuka

Unironically though with the last few episodes of season 2 I started to really want him to choose Fuuka over Mimimi she’s always been my favourite of the girls. But I really thought he would choose Trash, my bad I mean Hinami.

I’m beyond happy with this ending and I hope for a season 3 even if we have to wait a while again. That last few moments of a little sneak peak of their relationship was so adorable.

Great show 8/10 would be a 9 if trash, I mean Hinami wasn’t a thing.
Mar 27, 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
It's Kikuchi after all, as it should. I feel like her and Tomozaki are the best match and a couple that can grow together. Yes, Fuuka, you can become more demanding, lol.

I'm happy with the outcome and S2 overall. It built well on the established elements of season and was a proper LEVEL UP.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 9:18 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to MegamiRem
Man I seriously couldn't care less about this play which is like one of those badly written script by some noob which makes sense as Kikuchi is no pro but damn that was boring af. The only thing I liked about it was how it portrayed Aoi.

Mimimi giving Tomozaki the final push though, I was mostly only interested in Aoi in s1 and while that's still the case they made me like Mimimi quite a bit in these last few episodes but alas it was the one girl I couldn't care less about that he ended up with.

Okay/meh season, which was quite annoying with all the blonde bitch stuff at the begining too. I think s1 was better? but atleast there weren't as much cringe dialogues this time. I prolly will still watch if it gets s3 as it might finally focus on Aoi? It will right?
@MegamiRem If we get a 3rd season it will focus on the characters deciding about their futures, with a focus on gaming for Tomozaki, as well as his relationship with Fuuka. Aoi gets more screen time given her love of gaming and Tackfam with Tomozaki, but it won't soley focus on her as a character until either later in the 3rd season or a potential 4th season. The author didn't add the tidbit about her sisters for nothing. It will definitely be a focus for Aoi later, just not right away as Tomozaki has to decide on his future before he finishes high school as well as navigating having a girlfriend for the first time.
Mar 27, 9:23 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Lylaaz
The result kind of felt insincere for me for following reasons:
1) I never saw any glimpses of Tomozaki having romantic feelings towards Kikuchi. I remember in first season when Aoi was teasing him and I still think he is more romantically inclined towards Aoi
2) Did Tomozaki promote the ending with Kikuchi because it felt more right with her story? I mean dude you could give her advice about the story but that doesn't mean you have to ask her out..
3) Did Tomozaki promote the ending with Kikuchi because his task was to ask someone out? That's what I will always end up feeling. That he just keeps on doing tasks given by Aoi.

I mean of course he cares for Kikuchi but.. Having doubts about Tomozaki's real feelings. Kikuchi is definitely a really nice girl and a real keeper. But i still feel Aoi and Tomozaki are the ideal couple and should be.. I mean the whole show was supposed to be game-theme but now it ended up with novel-theme out of the blue. I want the game-theme!

End of my ramble. I don't feel this series has ended, or has it.. ? Is there more to the story in the light novel?
@Lylaaz

Yes, the series is currently at 11 volumes published and is ongoing. Season 2 ended at the end of volume 7. If they make a 3rd season it will have a lot more of a gaming focus, particularly with Tackfam. Tomozaki being #1 at it will have a lot more salience to the story going forward...

Too much of Tomozaki's internal monologue was cut that help flesh out his feelings and certain scenes better. He still seemed attracted to Kikuchi to me within the anime, but the light novel makes it much more obvious, even going back to material in season 1.
Mar 27, 9:25 AM

Apr 2022
theres chance we get a third season?

though Mimimi is the best ... Fuuka is the best choice if you prefer a nonbiri nouka...
Mar 27, 9:28 AM
Oct 2011
Reply to tmunee
lost its entire emotional connection, plot direction, character development, and overriding concept to become a harem trope anime where the character - AS ALWAYS - picks the most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice.
@tmunee I have to agree... I've always felt that this show was trying to be "gamer Oregairu" but it missed on just about everything it was trying to do and was ultimately another cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill high school rom com. I was losing interest with every episode about half way through this season and it was quickly becoming more and more generic. I usually root for the shy girl, but Kikuchi and Tomozaki had the chemistry of inert gases together... Kind of a shame, but eh, it is what it is
Mar 27, 9:34 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
The white haired girl won? Thats something i did not expect haha. I will upgrade the show from a 5 to 6. Sweet ending.
6/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 27, 9:44 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to tmunee
@tmunee wrong. The most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice here would've been Aoi.
Mar 27, 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
Hated it. I cannot accept Brain x Fuka. It has to be Brain x Mimimi. She's like a perfect girl. Fuka stinks. Tomozaki is a baka, as Mimimi says.

1/10.
Mar 27, 9:57 AM
Nov 2022
IT'S OVER!!! :((((((((((((((((((

Damn, this wonderful story is over with a somewhat bittersweet ending, on the one hand, I'm glad that Fuuka and Fumiya started dating, but on the other hand, it makes me sad about Mimimi; and of course Aoi's background was not explored.

Knowing Project 9, it is unlikely that there will be a continuation, but if there were, I would be the happiest human being in the world.

Clearly I'm thinking about reading the light novel and I would like to buy it in physical form too, does anyone know where I should start reading to follow the story?

PS: Fumiya TomozakiCHAD maintained his ideals until the end, no matter if the situation went against him, for me that makes him one of the best male protagonists of this type of stories.
Mar 27, 9:58 AM
Oct 2014
mat0us said:
Look how they Yuigahama'd my girl 😭

I'm confused what is this I keep seeing it everywhere
Mar 27, 10:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, extra pain for Mimimi fans, and I suppose I would technically fall as one of those myself.

It took a rather sophisticated approach through the symbolism in the act. For it to come shattering down upon Tomozaki’s confession as per the guidelines of the story, that’s a stage set perfectly, lol. Kikuchi-san being more demanding in the end there was adorable.

Surprised that it didn’t end up with the likes of Hinami-san. I still have a feeling that might come true later on in the series but that’s different tale. That mail in the end too, seems like she’s keeping a close eye still?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 27, 10:19 AM

Nov 2012
Brain just ran off leaving Mimimi in tears w/o even acknowledging what it took for her to come to him. Shit move. I always thought Mimimi was a better friend than he deserved.

I didn't particularly like this season. The last few episodes failed to keep my attention for the most part. I really thought it was going to get interesting after Mizusawa (I think it was him) basically stated he knew Hinami wasn't how everyone thought she was and after the whole thing with Tama. I hoped he'd realize he didn't need Hinami and call an end to her assignments or the class would recognize she was a liar. What was the point in finding out she lied about having a sister and then drop it? Many aspects of Jaku chara remind me of Nobuta wo Produce except the class puppet master and the Mimimi type character are males and the project is female.
dragynfaerieMar 27, 11:13 AM
Mar 27, 10:19 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to LuisSV23
IT'S OVER!!! :((((((((((((((((((

Damn, this wonderful story is over with a somewhat bittersweet ending, on the one hand, I'm glad that Fuuka and Fumiya started dating, but on the other hand, it makes me sad about Mimimi; and of course Aoi's background was not explored.

Knowing Project 9, it is unlikely that there will be a continuation, but if there were, I would be the happiest human being in the world.

Clearly I'm thinking about reading the light novel and I would like to buy it in physical form too, does anyone know where I should start reading to follow the story?

PS: Fumiya TomozakiCHAD maintained his ideals until the end, no matter if the situation went against him, for me that makes him one of the best male protagonists of this type of stories.
@LuisSV23

Season 2 ends with volume 7. If you want to read ahead you can start with volume 8. There is also a side story volume 6.5 that wasn't adapted this season that are a series of short stories mostly involving the side characters. It has one of my 2 favorite short stories among the 2 side volumes "Fast enough to leave it all behind", that focuses on Mimimi.

There is also a side story manga with Mimimi as the main love interest "Minami Nanami wants to shine." It focuses on her trying to shine by doing modeling after she quits track instead of running for student council president. She's also Tomozaki's primary love interest in it too.

MAL has copies of the LN available for purchase, but you can find it in lots of places when you Google it. The free preview you get from the MAL link under the discussion thread will give you a good idea of the writing style and what to expect.

There are currently 11 volumes so far with the LN still ongoing, so a 3rd, and maybe even 4th season are possible depending on the commercial success of season 2.
Mar 27, 10:54 AM
Mar 2019
i think season 1 was better but i expect other season i want to know more
Mar 27, 10:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yuzu was the perfect choice for the narrator. The play was perfect in every way and quite entertaining. That scene where Mimimi confronts Tomo and pushes him to see Fuka must have took guts. But at last Tomo finally popped the question. Overall an excellent finale to conclude this season with. This season is defo one of the highlights of this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
Reply to erpege
@tmunee I have to agree... I've always felt that this show was trying to be "gamer Oregairu" but it missed on just about everything it was trying to do and was ultimately another cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill high school rom com. I was losing interest with every episode about half way through this season and it was quickly becoming more and more generic. I usually root for the shy girl, but Kikuchi and Tomozaki had the chemistry of inert gases together... Kind of a shame, but eh, it is what it is
@erpege I was losing interest as well. Too much time was spent hitting us over the head with that play and it's symbolism.
Mar 27, 11:22 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Seansy
@LuisSV23

Season 2 ends with volume 7. If you want to read ahead you can start with volume 8. There is also a side story volume 6.5 that wasn't adapted this season that are a series of short stories mostly involving the side characters. It has one of my 2 favorite short stories among the 2 side volumes "Fast enough to leave it all behind", that focuses on Mimimi.

There is also a side story manga with Mimimi as the main love interest "Minami Nanami wants to shine." It focuses on her trying to shine by doing modeling after she quits track instead of running for student council president. She's also Tomozaki's primary love interest in it too.

MAL has copies of the LN available for purchase, but you can find it in lots of places when you Google it. The free preview you get from the MAL link under the discussion thread will give you a good idea of the writing style and what to expect.

There are currently 11 volumes so far with the LN still ongoing, so a 3rd, and maybe even 4th season are possible depending on the commercial success of season 2.
@Seansy Nice, I'm going to give the side story a chance and of course, start reading the LN, thanks!
Mar 27, 11:44 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to LuisSV23
@Seansy Nice, I'm going to give the side story a chance and of course, start reading the LN, thanks!
@LuisSV23 Glad to hear it. Hope you like it!
Mar 27, 11:51 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to dragynfaerie
Brain just ran off leaving Mimimi in tears w/o even acknowledging what it took for her to come to him. Shit move. I always thought Mimimi was a better friend than he deserved.

I didn't particularly like this season. The last few episodes failed to keep my attention for the most part. I really thought it was going to get interesting after Mizusawa (I think it was him) basically stated he knew Hinami wasn't how everyone thought she was and after the whole thing with Tama. I hoped he'd realize he didn't need Hinami and call an end to her assignments or the class would recognize she was a liar. What was the point in finding out she lied about having a sister and then drop it? Many aspects of Jaku chara remind me of Nobuta wo Produce except the class puppet master and the Mimimi type character are males and the project is female.
@dragynfaerie

I also hated how the anime showed Tomozaki's interaction with Mimimi. Here is what I said in another thread about it:

In the light novel since Tomozaki is cognizant of Mimimi's feelings for him, he doesn't want to lean on her kindess because he is worried that he will fall for her if she comforts him, kind of like a rebound girl, which isn't fair to her. Despite that, his emotions start going haywire when she grabs hold of him and he can feel his emotions taking control over his logical side when she interrupts his train of thought by blurting out that Kikuchi is in the library. Mimimi might even recognize that herself, although it is based off of Tomozaki's perspective, so we could be reading into something being there that isn't.

There is only so much they can fit into a 13-episode cour. The author left the sister issue to be addressed later once the cultural festival is over. If you read ahead in the LN, or if a 3rd season gets made, the issues you bring up will be addressed.
Mar 27, 12:04 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to Seansy
@dragynfaerie

I also hated how the anime showed Tomozaki's interaction with Mimimi. Here is what I said in another thread about it:

In the light novel since Tomozaki is cognizant of Mimimi's feelings for him, he doesn't want to lean on her kindess because he is worried that he will fall for her if she comforts him, kind of like a rebound girl, which isn't fair to her. Despite that, his emotions start going haywire when she grabs hold of him and he can feel his emotions taking control over his logical side when she interrupts his train of thought by blurting out that Kikuchi is in the library. Mimimi might even recognize that herself, although it is based off of Tomozaki's perspective, so we could be reading into something being there that isn't.

There is only so much they can fit into a 13-episode cour. The author left the sister issue to be addressed later once the cultural festival is over. If you read ahead in the LN, or if a 3rd season gets made, the issues you bring up will be addressed.
@Seansy Ah, so another less than ideal adaption of chapters. Yes there's only so much you can fit in, but the screenwriter's choice of leaving out the interaction with Mimimi while adding so much of the K's play was a mistake. Well, let's hope there's a season 3 and that the adaptation is better. Thanks for the information.
Mar 27, 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
bro chose the most boring one 💀
6/10
Roxy

Mar 27, 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
Huge letdown after the season 1.
4/10
Mar 27, 12:54 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
At last the play was expectedly a depiction of Kikuchi's feelings towards Tomozaki... or is it? Since that ending schanged she was indirectly rejecting him before he could even ask her But suddenly, just as things were going sour, the best character in the series thus far Mimimi came to save him demonstrating that she doesn't want him for herself rather she wants the best for him first. That gesture was just great and the rest of the episode, even the confession, plaed in comparison to that.

And thatt's that for the story of Tomozaki for now. It certainly improved from the first season as it didn't lean as deep into cringe gamer lingo, although some scenes felt a bit unnatural or with too much normie talk for the sake of it. Also, I still don't trust Aoi as a cahracter completely considering the way she views life or rather certain situations. I wonder how it continues and whether they will adapt another season or not.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

22 by Zalistar7 »»
May 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

83 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 5, 5:27 AM

» Is Aoi the end game?

Dragevard - Feb 9, 2023

12 by Mreci1 »»
May 4, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.