Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Rena just seems so happy whenever she spends time with Tsubasa.

Minami needs to control her emotions better but she and Tsubasa seems to be on friendly terms for now. Having all 3 girls in the same place this episode with Tsubasa did a feel like awkward though. Minami's mom made the episode felt more energetic as usual. She knows how to bring a party mood with that personality of hers.
Feb 26, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Joining forces with a competitor to take down another competitor.

Upon receiving news from her mother, Mai, about witnessing Tsubasa and Rena's date, Minami and Sayuri headed to the scene. Observing the two happily spending time together from afar, Minami wondered what Tsubasa was thinking. After enjoying a movie, Rena, who was moved to tears by the heroine's success story, began to confide in Tsubasa about her own past experiences. As she listened to Rena's frustrations about not being fully acknowledged despite her efforts, Tsubasa, empathizing with her own experiences, started to share a story that she had never told anyone before.

It's kind of weird. Even her mom seems to get how she feels about Tsubasa, but she doesn't seem to realize it herself (or she'd be jealous). That piano thing must've left an impression, but Minami doesn't seem to be feeling any jealousy. Personally, I'd be flipping out in a situation like that. But man, talk about shut down. Well, Rena is just not that interesting. I guess I'm equally into Minami and Sayuri, but not really feeling the other one. But hey, in the end, props to milf mom for stepping in. Although she kind of took an L by praising Rena's smarts, which isn't helping. At least Minami stepped up her game with the date and invitation. This is exactly why harem setups don't fly in real life.

Spring is around the corner... although up in Hokkaido, it's always gonna be cold, so no surprises there, lol.

Feb 26, 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
By the way, the OP has a cool official MV on YouTube. Check it out if you want. Search: Masayoshi Oishi - Super Adorable Gal

13:04 Sōran Bushi (ソーラン節) - traditional work song of Hokkaido herring fishery workers, performed by school students in modern choreographed interpretations. It appeared in Kaguya-sama. You might also know it because of Amane Kanata.

Oh, so he moved here because of a fight with his parents, interesting. I wanna know more about that.
14:52 There was probably a TV commercial break here.
16:11 Haori (羽織) is a traditional Japanese hip- or thigh-length jacket worn over a kimono.

17:41 I just learned that Tripe in Japanese is literally "beehive" lol. Makes sense actually.

18:27 Jingisukan is a Japanese grilled mutton dish prepared on a convex metal skillet or other grill.

Cool episode. Being someone like Rena must be so rough though.
Feb 26, 10:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wanna go out and eat yakiniku with Minami's mom too.

Minami pretended she was kidding at the end. She totally meant it too!
FarabeufFeb 26, 10:35 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 26, 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
Yakiniku..... It made me feel very hungry. 🤤
The actual location of the yakiniku restaurant: Horumon Yakiniku Marusho Hakuyo branch

Here is the real Melon Kuma, the mascot of Yubari City 🍈🐻

何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 26, 10:38 AM

Mar 2021
Minami really wants to go on a date with Tsubasa so bad. I loved this episode with everyone getting together and having fun this show is so cute and wholesome.
Feb 26, 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Sayuri is a true gamer. Whatever the date, no sucking at games on her watch.

An anime movie with a photorealistic bunny girl, looks interesting.

Now everyone are friends.
Feb 26, 11:23 AM

Oct 2020
I like more and more Mai Fuyuki, she has a fun personality.
Feb 26, 11:30 AM

Feb 2022
Rena for me is best girl - love her pink hair and red eyes, i think her and Shiki make a good pair.
Speaking of good pairs, mama Fuyuki is such a troll tease, she is a lot of fun
Feb 26, 11:34 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
This was so cute, everyone dreams to be him haha.
All are best girls lol.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 26, 11:39 AM
Mar 2022
ep 1 & 2 were so good, by this point show is normie tier boring. jumping ship here
Feb 26, 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
Sometimes after some episodes, you wish there was a bonus hentai mini-episode, this is the case. Minami's reaction to Rena alone makes it worth it. Sayuri's slot machine skills are good, too good, just like her outfit in this episode.
Feb 26, 12:03 PM
Mar 2023
Yep this will definitely be a harem it was 99% now it’s 100%
Feb 26, 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
The date that Tsubasa and Rena had was pretty cute, from playing crane games to watching a dramatic movie that made Rena shed tears. The talk between them at the coffee outlet afterwards was nice, mentioning the reason why Tsubasa came to Hokkaido in the first place as well as how well he was fitting in here. It also went into detail about Rena and how she tries to live up to expectations, but questions if it was worth the effort to try at all, but her talk with him did help to quash that thought process.

Eventually, Minami and Sayuri made their appearance and, along with Minami's mother, they all went out to have some yakiniku and seeing how they're enjoying eating the delicious meat does make me rather hungry! XD

I did love how Minami wanted to go on a date with Tsubasa herself, while also throwing in a tease about spending the night together. Like mother, like daughter, both of them are natural experts at teasing him. All in all, this was a nice and amusing episode.
Feb 26, 12:10 PM
Dec 2022
This may be one of the most boring episodes of anything I’ve ever watched ever 😭🙏
Feb 26, 1:13 PM

Sep 2018
This episode made me even more convinced that Minami x Sayuri is the best pairing, lol. They were essentially on a date of their own! The difference between girl friends and girlfriends is merely one space... Besides, Tsubasa and Rena seem to really understand each other as fellow people-pleasing overachievers, so I don't think I'd be mad if they were endgame.

On a completely different note, I totally fell victim to this week's tourism ad. Hanger steak sounds delicious!!
Feb 26, 1:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That definitely wasn’t the reaction I was thinking Fuyuki might have in regards to Tsubasa being on a date with Rena, but at the same time it makes sense because it’s Fuyuki lol, and hey she did get her foot in the door at the end when she promised a date with Tsubasa herself, that is definitely something to look forward to. For now tho we got the date with Rena, and it was a very sweet date overall, I liked that Rena was way into the movie they went to see and Tsubasa was into it enough for them to have an in depth conversation about it afterwards which also revealed stuff about their personal lives, including a tease of the reason Tsubasa moved to Hokkaido in the first place, I really liked that scene.

And with Fuyuki and Akino tailing the two of them for the whole episode they were bound to break their cover eventually, and of course Fuyuki would do it intentionally lol. And thanks to Fuyuki’s mom the gang enjoyed some Yakiniku which ended up being a great time, I’m glad I ate before watching this scene too because those descriptions of the food made me hungry lol. This was also a good revelation for Rena when she realized people do see her efforts thanks to Fuyuki and Tsubasa, I’m glad to see her as part of the gang now as well, definitely looking forward to seeing the future antics with all three babes introduced now.
Feb 26, 1:56 PM

Sep 2023
Fuyuki mama is the best! If this does not go the harem route, people are gonna get hurt bad...
Feb 26, 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
Can Minami's mom become part of the harem as well? Seriously, there is no dull moment when she's around.
Feb 26, 2:30 PM

Nov 2023
It was a very cute date, and I liked how everyone got to hang out at the end.

Also, Tsubasa has a date with Minami now; I can't wait for that.
Feb 26, 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
I was thinking Minami would be sad or jealous but this?:O I look forward to next date episode then :D I hope we get to see mostly Minami till the end of season, but it seems there will be no pair in this anime at least not yet ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 26, 4:17 PM
Nov 2023
Cute date. Tsubasa’s a lucky guy indeed. Been on team Rena since the trailer and now she’s made me fall further in love with her character.
I love Rena so much (if Fuyuki’s mom was an option tho this would be a different story 😂)
Feb 26, 4:45 PM

May 2019
Minami just can't keep to herself and ended up revealing herself and Sayuri to Tsubasa's date with Rena but at the end it worked out with Minami's mom inviting them to eat together. I agree with the mom that Tsubasa is a lucky guy and they're all best girl atm.
Feb 26, 4:50 PM
Nov 2020
Sometimes this feels like a tourism advertisement.
Feb 26, 4:55 PM
Mar 2018
I am still so shocked how wholesome this show has ended up being.

Also very shocked at the lack of jealousy from any of the girls over the "date"
Feb 26, 5:08 PM

Apr 2022
they all finally meet and the mom as well. i just read a manga the other day which also had beef meat parts classified with that same diagram lol.
Feb 26, 6:01 PM

Aug 2022
Good episode again, Everyone enjoyed the moment together.

I like how Fuyuki really understands the situation, I think Rena will get along with her and will soon become good friends. And this is certainly a good thing for Shiki, having several close friends in this new place.

Well, maybe Rena and Shiki are not officially dating, but Rena understands that Shiki is not lonely now because he has people who are valuable to him.

RafaBryanFeb 26, 10:04 PM
Feb 26, 6:04 PM
Oct 2022
I don't know if it will stay that way, but I adore that the girls don't treat each other as rivals and are actively friends. Fuyuki and Sayuri get together to spy but end up having their own little girlfriends date. it's great!

Also, is it just me/what I watch, or do all sorts of different anime genre go in when it comes to describing food? Like all the anime directors are also foodies. Cuisine is naturally a good way to describe a unique part of a locale, but they really convey excitement with how readily the describe elements of a good or good pairing.
Feb 26, 6:23 PM
Mar 2023
Tsubasa what a lucky guy.

All the girls are 😘🤌(including fuyuki's mom)
Feb 26, 7:38 PM
May 2020
date went really well there
Feb 26, 9:35 PM
Mar 2015
our boi went on date with sempai and ended up eating yakinu with his harem after reassuring Sempai that people recognize her effort
Feb 26, 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Lightsrevenge
Sometimes this feels like a tourism advertisement.
@Lightsrevenge that what the manga is at the beginning of every chapter you get something about Hokkaido.
Feb 27, 1:40 AM
Feb 2020
Rena is really growing on me. She's beautiful, elegant and so nice... The three girls are awesome tbh, and it's hard to choose which one is the best
Feb 27, 3:19 AM
Dec 2022
Tsubasa seems to be surrounded by girls even if it is not his intention. Feels like having yakiniku after this.
Feb 27, 3:21 AM

Jan 2023
Rena's backstory was very interesting.
Looks like Minami understands her pretty well and will be a great friend for her.
The ending of the episode was super cute :)
Feb 27, 5:07 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Otakupervert890
@Lightsrevenge that what the manga is at the beginning of every chapter you get something about Hokkaido.
@Otakupervert890 makes sense. I need to add to the places to visit.
LightsrevengeFeb 27, 5:51 AM
Feb 27, 6:04 AM
Apr 2013
EP 8

Last time. well you know something something shenanigans

Looks like we're starting with the op immediately this time eh, muh cliffhangers
Funny episode title

Anyway i was really worried there would be dorama but after the last two eps. still 4 more eps to go
The ep itself is a bit strange but all things considered its fine.

Honestly I really should rewatch the earlier episodes.
CocoaGalaxyFeb 27, 6:12 AM
Feb 27, 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
Rena senpai's so precious. Minami and Sayuri tailing them lol. Was fun watching Minami's reaction after meeting Rena, she's a diehard fan. It's always fun when mama Fuyuki's here, like the yakiniku party this time. Minami even asked Shiki for a date.
Feb 27, 8:52 AM
Nov 2022
Bruh, if spring comes does it mean that there will be no more snow? xd
Feb 27, 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
It's time like this i would do the meme again: "It should have been me, not HIM!"

But seriously their friendship is really wholesome.
Feb 27, 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
cute episode, I like how they're not completely jealous of each other, but we have to agree, that her mother is the best, wonderful, beautiful, perfect
Feb 27, 12:14 PM
Sep 2021
surprised Minami is so calm about Tsubasa and Rena going on a date lol. I honestly expected a full out war of emotions but quite the opposite aha. I don't think Minami understands her feelings for him yet. I'm fine if she never realises aha I'm team Rena all the way 😍
Feb 27, 2:41 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, this was probably one of the more boring episodes. The chemistry between Rena and Tsubasa seems great, but Fuyuki interrupting the date and fawning over Rena kinda sucked. Not to mention the lack of jealousy from Fuyuki or Sayuri. If there’s gonna be no jealousy or anything, at least focus on making it a proper romance between Tsubasa and Rena.
Feb 27, 3:08 PM
Sep 2018
Fuyukis mom is mine
Feb 27, 3:42 PM

Jul 2022
Tsubasa and Rena continue their date, secretly followed by Minami, informed by her mother and Sayuri. It's nice to see how compatible Tsubasa and Rena are, both struggling to live in Hokkaido. Rena feels undervalued for her efforts.

In the end, everyone reunites, Minami admits to being a fan of Rena and expresses admiration for her efforts, making Rena happy. Minami seems a little jealous and hints at a date with Tsubasa.

The panel shows the three potential couples, although my favorite is the fourth, Minami's mother hehehe.
Feb 27, 5:26 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to namesrowan
This may be one of the most boring episodes of anything I’ve ever watched ever 😭🙏
@namesrowan Clearly you've never watched an episode of Yubisaki to Renren
Feb 27, 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
Rena-senpai is best girl I don't make the rules
Feb 27, 11:45 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Ansilorid

All the girls are 😘🤌(including fuyuki's mom)
@Ansilorid
Ansilorid said:

All the girls are 😘🤌(including especially fuyuki's mom)

I agree. ( ´∀`)
Feb 28, 4:34 AM
Jun 2023
Knighthammer619 said:
Rena for me is best girl - love her pink hair and red eyes, i think her and Shiki make a good pair.
Speaking of good pairs, mama Fuyuki is such a troll tease, she is a lot of fun

totally agree with you
Feb 28, 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
That was a decent date. Why does Tsubasa get to be so lucky to have all these girls fawn over him for being the new guy in the area lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8

200 by DebiPS »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favourite gal, till episode 6?

tamal4030 - Feb 17

25 by bastek66 »»
May 29, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

75 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 22, 4:02 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

40 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

113 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.