Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
This was pretty much a date episode between Anna and Kyoutarou. They even got to see takoyaki together.

Anna's reactions this episode were gold though, and Kyoutarou responded in the most Kyoutarou way possible. It seems this episode wanted Kyoutarou to know about her more. Anna looked like she wanted to be spoiled though..even getting him to feed her. What an episode lol. Rolled my eyes a few times but it was a fun one with movie, food, and all-around date episode.
Feb 3, 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
Lmao, what a way to find out your sister's working at a takoyaki shop.

After school, Ichikawa and Yamada decide to go watch a movie together. On their way to the cinema, they happen to stop by a takoyaki shop and unexpectedly encounter Kana, who is working part-time there. Their uniformed date draws admiration from onlookers. Furthermore, Ichikawa, aware that Yamada struggles with hot food, helps feed him takoyaki with a toothpick, bringing them even closer. As the movie begins, Yamada earnestly watches the acting of a senior from the agency he admires. Seeing Yamada's profile, Ichikawa realizes she wants to know more about the side of Yamada that she's yet to discover.

Ichikawa's inner desires as another Persona treating Yamada like a waifu are pretty funny. Too bad Kana missed Ichikawa feeding Yamada, but Kana's still the best. Yamada switched seats to see Ichikawa's uncovered face and I wonder if she interprets that kiss differently. Ichikawa's internal thoughts as a conversation with his "ideal self" show the struggle to change or stay in the comfort zone. Yamada talks about Ichikawa all the time. It's cool that she stays true to herself outside of school. Surprisingly, the manager-san is understanding and intuitive, a nice presence.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Ichikawa is opening up about his feelings in each episode.

May 2020
Yes, that's a perfect excuse to walk home with Yamada, adhering to traffic rules or getting a bit of exercise or whatever lol, however noble they may all sound. But suggesting a date sort of right off the bat, and getting caught by none other than Ichikawa sister was quite a tragedy lol.

Though I’m liking how comfortable Yamada has gotten with both the siblings, it almost feels like she’s a family, to the point where even sis treated them for free when she was just working part-time at that place lol. Don’t do that please, if you love your pocket money. Still ignoring the content of the movie, a lovely movie date between the two in the end.

Oh I recall this visit to the workplace thing lol. Must have been kind of awkward for Ichikawa to go see his girl, who’s an actor sort of, surrounded with people of the same breed, and then there you are… a basic plain guy. Can’t blame him for running away instantly but I liked how Yamada came as soon as she could, just to let him feel normal, like he did some time ago.
Aug 2022
It ended up in a very good way for sure.
Date episode on highlights
Feb 3, 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
Man, Ichikawa is so lucky that Yamada is kinda weird in a good way, you see usually if you as a boy asked a girl to watch a romance movie with her ... she would think you gay, but as i said already Yamada is a little bit weird so its ok ... in a good way :)
Feb 3, 9:48 AM

Mar 2019
Eating sweets while watching this anime to get an overdose of sweetness.

I like how they started to slowly open their hearts about their worries. Love the scene where Yamada says how Kyoutarou made her notice how she likes her work, it is short but I was really looking forward to see it animated.

Next episode will probably make me cry, considering I almost cried when I read the manga. With all the sound and visual greatness we have for this show, it will be a goated episode for sure.
Feb 3, 10:14 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
this show is absolute gold, just give me more of kyo-kun, yamada and big sis, all straight into my veins.
Feb 3, 10:26 AM

Mar 2021
Such a great episode with Ichikawa and Yamada enjoy a movie date together and Yamada's smile is just one of the cutest smiles ever
Feb 3, 10:28 AM
Mar 2018
The hits never end!
Feb 3, 10:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kana-san in an Arabian oil Prince persona would rock, I’m sure xD. It’s always a pleasure to have her on screen! For some reason, I totally expected her to get scolded by the new trainee, lol.

Ichikawa trying not to take Yamada’s work away from her was massive respect. He’s got an inferiority complex but when he steps out of that and goes for it, like the final few moments of the Ep, he’s a tough man. And Ushio Kensuke-san’s music in the background, this is some combo we’re seeing here week in and week out.

No needless drama this episode, thankfully. It was somewhat building up to it but we just want more of the usual duo, that’s good enough for us. We got the date in this time and some more development, good, good.

Manager-san’s eyes, damn. Some real pressure there. Even he got it wrong, lmao. Can’t blame him, they seem too good for each other already!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 3, 10:37 AM

Aug 2017
Yamada trying with a not-so-subtle way to ask Ichikawa of something are always one of my favorite parts, haha girl is not that good at hiding her true intentions.

"they serve Yamada-size?" lmfao Ichikawa.

Kana is a gem of a sister, her reactions are so fantastic.

I love how it focuses on Ichikawa anxieties, Yamada being a celebrity and living in a different world and that it might be awkward for him and with every episode his confidence grows.
Feb 3, 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
hnnnnnnngggggg.
my weekly diabetes is acting up again
Feb 3, 10:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A udon point card lol. Nice to see both of them take steps forward to advance their relationship. You know i think having a date in uniform's pretty cute. Anna really looked pretty when dressed up. Considering both his complex and who Anna is its quite natural to be scared i'll say. But at least both are trying real hard. That last last scene was an excellent way to end the day for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Another very good episode. Ichikawa was sure out of his comfort zone while watching Yamada do her photoshoot but good for him with the assistance of his 'inner self' to figure out that he is happy seeing her be happy and enjoying what she is doing, and he wants her to do her best as a result. The train ride at the end had Yamada glowing after he called her pretty so further baby steps are being made in their blooming relationship. Even Yamada's manager got relationship vibes watching the two of them together (as Yamada already was speaking tons and tons about Ichikawa too even before the meeting), so clearly there is chemistry in the air there as they both continue to be together. They have been more and more proactive in general with hanging out with each other whether at school, walks back home or even outside events like what this episode showcased. The awkward restaurant/movie date was a fun watch too overall.
Feb 3, 10:56 AM
Jan 2024
The episode is very sentimental and getting to know you better is very good. good episode
Feb 3, 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Yamada making Ichikawa ask her on a date was hilarious but sweet. Always a pleasure to have more Kana, she's such a great girl, love watching her. Ichikawa had trouble watching Anna's photoshoot but he did great there, good boy. The manager's eyes, some real preassure there and even he got it wrong, can't blame him though. The last scene with Yamada getting so happy after Ichikawa calling her beautiful was just great.
Feb 3, 11:05 AM

Feb 2021
YESSSS I'M SO PROUD OF MY BOY ICHI
5:45 I'm with Ichikawa's sister here, I'll never be able to go on an after-school uniform date either T_T

Ichi's imaginary self is the best character now
The manager's eyes may be one the creepiest ones I've seen in anime. Thankfully he's a good guy, and now I think that his design is actually cool in a way.
The second half really hit me for some reason. Like, it was even better than usual.
11/10 episode.
Feb 3, 11:12 AM

Dec 2022
Yes Ichikawa, this is a date. Call it a date. She'll love it!

The takoyaki shop, the movies, and Anna's photoshoot. The two are getting so much time with each other, and it's amazing to watch. It's also good to see more of the onee-san. The real MVP of this episode was Shoujo Man. Whenever Ichikawa tried to run away or deny his feelings for Yamada, Shoujo Man showed up to set him back on the right path. So many romcoms and harem shows would be infinitely better if all the male leads had Shoujo Man in their heads.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Feb 3, 11:12 AM

Jan 2021
Ichi da man
That train scene is incredible

Feb 3, 11:33 AM

May 2019
Haha, Kyotaro calling the large popcorn "Yamada-size." It must've been awkward for Kyotaro to run into his sister while she was working since he wanted to lay low but at least her sister supports him.

Btw I'm not sure about that manager guy, he said he is like Anna's guardian but he may also be planning on putting moves on her hence Anna holding onto Kyotaro's hand.
Feb 3, 11:51 AM

Dec 2022
well is yamadas manger male or female because in anime gender is first thing that you cant guess
anyways yamada and ichikawa go on their first movie date
Feb 3, 12:25 PM

Nov 2021
Every episode of this season has been a 10/10 wtf
Feb 3, 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Estou tentando dropar esse desenho já faz um tempo, porque é extramamente lento. Normalmente eu gosto de histórias lentas, mas essa exagera na medida ... porém todo episódio dá uma sensação de "Agora vai!", huahuahuahuahu.

Sou um trouxa
Feb 3, 1:31 PM

Jun 2023
Can’t stop grinning.

Kana’s the real MVP.
Feb 3, 3:23 PM
Nov 2023
Another great episode
Feb 3, 3:32 PM
Nov 2019
"We're not dating" he says in an episode where they went on a date, to the movies, and to her work.
Feb 3, 3:35 PM
May 2023
It just gets better and better, even though I know whats going to happen, I still get the same feeling if not more when watching it again after reading it in the manga. I cant wait for the rest of the episodes!
Feb 3, 4:20 PM

Mar 2020
Another extremely fun episode that saw Kyoutarou and Anna be more proactive in seeing each other more and hanging out. A lot of funny moments with Kana, and with Kyoutarou's inner self as well pushing him forward. Good to see him pushing a bit more to get what he wants. I wonder if we'll see more of Yuki and Nico in the future, because they seem like quite interesting characters that could prove important going forward. This show continues to be simply amazing!
Feb 3, 4:31 PM
Aug 2022
I’m loving this season way more than the first and god dam kyo has come a long way and has gotten surprisingly honest with what he says now towards yamada
Feb 3, 5:18 PM

Apr 2022
jeez take it easy with the trembling.
Feb 3, 5:20 PM

Jul 2022
The closeness between Anna and Ichikawa is becoming more apparent. Their sweet date and the unexpected encounter with Ichikawa's sister added a touch of humor.

Now, Ichikawa feels out of place when he visits Anna at her job as an actress. It must have been quite uncomfortable for him, but it's reassuring that there are people who see Ichikawa and Anna's relationship as more than just friendship.

The ending of the episode was beautiful. I'm increasingly fond of how Ichikawa expresses his feelings to Anna.
Feb 3, 6:02 PM
May 2023
Under the tree, what an inner conversation ,segoyyye 16:40 min
Feb 3, 6:10 PM
May 2023
this episode was very introspective, as if I was watching a strong classical philosophical movie, which anime have you seen that is so anthropological and introspective and shows self-knowledge?, Ichikawa's dialogues are simple yet strong and It's internal, the dialogues he does with himself, this episode was beyond an anime

SabokdastFeb 3, 6:31 PM
Feb 3, 6:11 PM
Mar 2020
god i love seeing this middle school cringe. so genuine. i especially loved the part where yamada switched seats just so she could see ishikawa's face better
Feb 3, 6:27 PM

Apr 2013
How tf these episodes last 5 minutes?

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Feb 3, 6:38 PM
Apr 2017
The shine circling in her eyes as he calls her pretty was just too sweet.

The manager diagnosing Ichi was also dope. Every week, every episode is just so enjoyable.
Feb 3, 6:53 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode, the bumping-into-his-sister segment was funny and the way Yamada's eyes lit up when he complemented her photo at the end shows how happy she is >.<
Feb 3, 7:37 PM
Dec 2018
lmao ichikawa's shirt is identical to eren's outfit
noice
renatoDFeb 3, 7:43 PM
Feb 3, 7:39 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi does know the right thing to say to her
Feb 3, 8:46 PM

Jun 2010
Lots of Kana fanservice in this episode! It's not quite like that in the manga.

Kyo seeming like he wishes Yamada would go back to being normal but turning out to want to support her ambition was a cool turn.
Feb 3, 8:54 PM
May 2023
great cant wait for next ep
Feb 3, 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
prepare yourself for a peak moments of episode 6 and 7.
the train is not going to stop anytime soon
Feb 3, 9:16 PM

Dec 2023
Needed that weekly dose of sweetness. These endings just keep getting better!
Feb 3, 9:55 PM

Aug 2014
In real life, the male MC is in the friendzone. Girls only like to spend solo time with guys that is either their boyfriend or their guy friends.
Feb 3, 10:09 PM

Aug 2017
oooo3333 said:
In real life, the male MC is in the friendzone. Girls only like to spend solo time with guys that is either their boyfriend or their guy friends.

You wanna know real life? Nobody, and especially not women, speaks to the loner in class. It just doesn’t happen. If this was real, he would just have his weird murderous thoughts from the first episode of Season 1 until he either grew out of it or graduated middle school

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Feb 3, 11:45 PM

Nov 2023
Another great episode; I don't think this show will have a single miss.

Kyoutarou went on a date with Anna and then got to go to her photoshoot.

I can't wait for next week.
Feb 3, 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
Another great episode.

It was still slightly a step down from the previous episode, i mean its pretty hard to follow up on one of the best valentines day episode thats out there. Id still give it a 9.5/10

Cant wait for the next episode!!

Should be the white day ep soon?

Love the fact that ichikawa is now going for the things he likes.

Still this episode showed him that they both live in different worlds and i wonder if that is going to impact their romantic developments

Cant wait to see how much he can still improve. Love the internal dialogue with him self and his ideal self
Feb 3, 11:47 PM
Jan 2020
When Yamada switched seats with Ichikawa was because she could see his face better that side. I' crying fr fr
Feb 4, 12:07 AM

Feb 2019
Someone please send help I’ve rewound the scene of Kyo grabbing Yamada’s hand and running off with her at least 100x already

It’s like every episode is in competition with the last one to be better. Honestly liked this one a lot more than the Valentine’s one. Theme of this season seems to be Yamada and Kyo coming to terms with their insecurities and overcoming them and I’m loving it. Such an awesome way for them to bond together

We get Anna and Kyo’s “first date” which was cute. Fitting they run into his sister lol. The movie theater after was a perfect way to cap things off. When Kyo sees Anna watching the kiss scene in the movie he thinks she sees things through a “different set of eyes” but the reality is she’s a regular teenager just like him.

He’s gotta stop putting himself down and putting Anna on a pedestal. I’m glad her coworker on the set stepped in and talked to him. Pretty much the entire sidecast is so supportive of them and wants them to get together haha.

We’ve definitely seen a more aggressive and assertive Kyo lately which is a positive sign. I’m really loving seeing the two of them grow up in front of our eyes.
Marinate1016Feb 4, 12:29 AM
Feb 4, 12:19 AM
Feb 2021
What a cute episode and i never expected they really animate this scene. Also I lve how the photographer pose
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Today, 8:22 AM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
Today, 8:19 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Today, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
Today, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
Today, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.