Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 8:08 PM

Mar 2014
The movie was Really good!
We were able to see Anya being troubled by the fact that Yor is being so sensitive about her relationship with Loid... But damn she is thinking too much lol

The action was splendid as always, and the story was a bit overused for some reason... Like bot the best but good either ways!
9/10 from me!
Jan 9, 12:55 AM
Jan 2024
where is the button to play it
Jan 9, 1:32 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to piu_yui
where is the button to play it
@piu_yui lol mal is not a streaming website youre in the wrong place plus the first poster is from japan so he watch it on cinema there
Jan 14, 4:20 AM
Jul 2023
YOR IS BADASS THE ACTION WAS INSANE
better than main series tbh
Jan 21, 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
I always thought this series was overrated. I went for this movie because it is the only thing I recognized and surprisingly it is the best part of this series. To me all previous seasons get 5/10 cute, little action and repetitive jokes. The movie gets solid 8/10 funny as hell, the action was so good and I like how the movie went overall with the misunderstanding and the interactions between the main party. I think spy x family fans will cherish this movie. I'm still surprised I liked it this much.
Oh and TOHO Cinema gave us a square poster if you scan the QR then aim your camera on it:

Very nice gift from the Cinema.
Satou0KunJan 21, 5:42 AM
Jan 23, 1:28 AM

Oct 2017
Just finished the movie today.
Plot is nothing special but the animation is top notch and comedy is pretty good too.
Treat this as an annually Conan-ish popcorn movie with filler plot and you should have a good time.
Don't expect anything more.

Solid 7/10 for the animation and overall light hearted enjoyment.
Jan 24, 5:05 AM
Sep 2021
Theres fucking toilet humour☠️
Feb 8, 1:38 AM

Jun 2020
Watched it with my little sister in cinema today. The story is nothing special and feels a little bit forced sometimes. The jokes are surprisingly nice, though the toilet one is too long—at least the animation are nice at that part. Talking about it, hell, they went really hard for the animation. The sakuga at Yor's fight scene is amazing, and that comic-styled fight is very cool. I actually expect more Yuri's screen time but, maybe next time.

Overall, it's good. At least it's worth my time and money.
Feb 15, 4:34 AM
May 2022
Enjoyed it, get teary eyed at some part. Action, story intertwine nicely. Very well written. One of the better anime movies out there
Feb 15, 8:26 AM
Feb 16, 7:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that was a really fun film! A lot of it was braindead but the constant quality jokes were great to have as company. I could hear laughter from the younger audience in the cinema and that goes to show that the movie delivered. It's undoubtedly a great film for children but still very enjoyable with the exhilarating action scenes, family bonding and comedic nature for others.

All that poop joke was cool and all but when that poop God appeared, I lost it. God, I did not see that coming at all! We got a wide range of Anya expressions, from -_- to "waku waku" and everything in between, so expect to be entertained if you're a fan of hers. Misunderstandings in the air for a solid portion of the film as well, which really made the married couple's affair entertaining. Yor-san getting drunk and finding out that the three signs aren't necessarily universal was gold.

In terms of the action, the movie was a blast. During the first half, the animation was quite typical of the tv series quality that we'd been treated to (which, by the way, is already great to begin with) but it really picked up with the engaging fighter jet vs. flying ship, the fast-paced and delightful sakuga scenes from the special military weapon v Yor-san battle and the Jojo-esque Loid-san v Colonel fight. I'll definitely rewatch those scenes when the movie comes out on blu-ray/dvd.

It was nice to see some screen time from the side cast as well. Frost-san's scenes were on point and it seems like Franky-san is being used by Twilight as usual, xD. In the end, since no Stella Stars were awarded, the dumbass who married into the powerful politician family cheated on his wife and Operation Strix remains on track, there's not much of an impact the events here will have on the main story. I mean, it was expected. But just in case, for those who really needed clarification.

Solid 8/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 21, 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
I watched it in the cinema 2 days ago, it was a fun movie in which the Forgers family went on a trip all to attain the recipe so that Anya could win a cooking competition and get a Stella star, part of operation Strix. And of course, as usual, it doesn't go as planned, lol. I'm glad Yuri is not involved though hehe.

It's rather ridiculous to see a whole battalion of soldiers getting defeated by 3 individuals not to mention in such a direct manner, especially for Loid, but I digress. The fight sequence between Yor and Type 7 was awesome, mainly for the wild camera angles that were used to portray Yor's swiftness as well as the part where Loid dodges all the AA turrets on his plane, whereas Loid went for the big brain IQ plays when facing the soldiers at the helm. Though at he end of the day they took down the entire damn airship and saved the town they were staying from getting Hidernburg-ed.

I don't know how Loid and Yor could explain that event to one another and paint it as 'bad candy thieves stealing military equipment' bruh...

The highlight of the movie was when Anya is trying her hardest not to poop, lmaoooo the toilet humour made our entire cinema burst with laughter, the guy behind me was fucking hysterical. The God of shit sequence just made it funnier, that was hilarious.

Overall, a nice movie that fits the theme of the entire series, the animation was nothing special compared to the usual anime aside from the Yor's POV scene, and there was unexpectedly no original song that played during the family night out which was a tad disappointing. Nevertheless, a wholesome package filled with decent action sequences and a nice range of jokes.

If you waited and see the after-credit scene, Franky went to the town with the cherry liquor once eveybody's already back home, lol
Feb 28, 4:14 AM

Jan 2017
Why do they have to go so hard with the Poop God scene, whose idea was it to completely change the animation style for FUCKING TOILET HUMOR LMFAO

Solid first half classic SxF misunderstandings of Yor with a "cheating Loid" and fantastic 2nd half full of top-tier action sequences. Couldn't have asked for a better SxF movie that also has high stakes to it

Who's Type F though, his face reveal seems to indicate someone we should know but it's maybe in the manga idk
Mar 13, 1:09 AM
May 2017
I just watched from the cinema, and I loved it! Such a great series and I would love to see more of this wholesomeness

Anya's crying moments are very funny as always 😆
Mar 13, 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
Just watched the movie today and I really enjoyed it I really wanted to taste that kind of cake irl 🎂❤️
Mar 13, 8:21 PM
Dec 2020
So great, i watch this episode on teater.
Mar 16, 3:13 AM
Mar 2020
Anya and toilet humor, a perfect double combo.
Mar 16, 11:55 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I have watched this movie from the cinema. It was really enjoyable and it's a shame that this is treated as non-canon, as I think the events that happened in the movie could easily be inserted in between some of the episodes from season 2.

I really thought Anya swallowed the microfilm, but I never guessed where it ended up. :'D I guess that could happen if she did chew on the chocolate. The animation was really awesome especially in the battle inside the flying ship.

Loid, Yor, Anya-chan and even Fiona (and Bond too) did well in their roles in this movie. Anya had so many adorable funny facial expressions as usual. :D Also I'm glad I stayed to watch the credits as there was an after-credits clip at the end, and it was also funny!

Solid 9/10 movie for me! I feel like there was just something missing for me to give it a perfect score, but the entire movie was already entertaining on its own. No Stella Stars obtained from this movie, obviously.
Mar 17, 2:52 AM
Sep 2015
In term of story it's nothing more than a Christmas special episode, but someone get the idea of making money from this. Which they're right, this make a lot of money. But it's probably only for people that already like/love this franchise from the beginning. Definitely not a newbie-friendly, even though it spends some time re-introducing main characters.
Apr 18, 4:57 PM
May 2009
Just saw this in IMAX in the US. First time I got to see an anime movie in IMAX. Visuals definitely impressed, and while the story is inconsequential, it was a nice family bonding story.

One thing I want to note though, the US Theater Japanese Dub had a major error in the subs. They called them the "Horger" family. How do you screw that up!?

Also, my theater cut out the sound right before the end credit scene. Lame.
japzoneApr 18, 5:02 PM
Apr 18, 6:23 PM

Dec 2009
Just finished it. 6/10.
It's incredibly enjoyable for the most part and adorable throughout.
The many cameos, flashbacks and references to the original was great.

As funny as it was, it was a bit too childish with the poop thing, but that was hilarious.
The action was underwhelming though. It's nice but the choreography and style wasn't great.

Most of the animation was similar to the anime which was great aside from some higher quality portions.
Otherwise the tidbit of romance misunderstanding was nice.

Anya's many expressions were hysterical.

I wish there was a tiny bit more of romance and strong bonding.
Like a hint of actual love for Yor from Loid or at least an embrace to each other after they survived.
Although, this is all kinda insignificant so I don't mind it being uncannon if it is.
Apr 19, 4:34 AM

Jul 2020
Well this was decently fun. Pretty much what you'd expect from one of these shonen spinoff films. the villain was very dull but the action sequences were well made to make up for it. I really enjoyed the scene of Yor and Loid in the ferris wheel, though of course things couldn't progress too much. There was arguably a bit too much toilet humour but hey at least the scene with the poop god was entertaining. I also sort of took issue with the fact that the three of them didn't really think too hard about how they all safely ended up flying the burning ship back together. Apparently even then they didn't reveal any secrets. But again I have to admit that the theme of family and being together was conveyed well as a result. The post credit scene made me feel a little bad - Frankie always gets the short end of the stick. Overall 6/10. Nothing too special but it was nice getting to see everyone on the big screen for a bit.
Apr 19, 7:00 PM

May 2015
Just saw it, The movie was pretty good! I think Luka and Dmitri deserved to actually swim in a sewage tank for attempting to cut open Anya instead of Loid beating them up before they could make it there. Poop joke animation was also very on point.
Apr 20, 4:25 AM
Oct 2021
Yeah, a pretty fun movie overall.

Some parts were a little unbelievable even by Spy x Family standards (Loid’s ability to change his entire appearance in the span of a few seconds is the most insane example), but it wasn’t prevalent enough to really take me out of the scenario.

If the main series is a 9/10 for me (all instalments), then I’d give this a solid 8/10.
Apr 20, 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Just saw the movie in theaters.
Anya's poop god hallucination was hilarious.
Yor's fight with that cyborg F guy was top tier.

Apr 20, 3:46 PM

Sep 2022
I loved the movie! It had some gorgeous visuals especially throughout the Frigis Market, story development that actually kept me on my toes especially in regards to Anya dropping a deuce, wholesome and hilarious gags and banter between characters, and phenomenal action especially with Yor fighting type F. So warm and wholesome, also the Fiona bits killed me.
bboy_OatsnRiceApr 20, 4:02 PM
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 20, 3:57 PM

Sep 2022
FragmantLemon said:
Why do they have to go so hard with the Poop God scene, whose idea was it to completely change the animation style for FUCKING TOILET HUMOR LMFAO

Solid first half classic SxF misunderstandings of Yor with a "cheating Loid" and fantastic 2nd half full of top-tier action sequences. Couldn't have asked for a better SxF movie that also has high stakes to it

Who's Type F though, his face reveal seems to indicate someone we should know but it's maybe in the manga idk

nah, type f isn't in the manga. Like this whole film, it's an anime original, and a damn fun one!
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 20, 6:47 PM

Dec 2020
THIS IS WHAT MOVIES SHOULD BE

THIS WAS AWESOME

LEFT THE THEATER JUST GIDDY AND SMILING IT WAS FANTASTIC

SPY FAMILY IS AWESOME
Apr 20, 7:45 PM

Aug 2008
I just got back from the theaters seeing this movie. It was definitely a good movie.

I'm conflicted on the God of Shit scene. It was both hilarious, but also a bit too much.

My favorite scenes were the action scenes: Yor vs. that machine gun guy, and Lloyd versus the General.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 20, 8:22 PM
Jan 2024
Great movie that I would happily re-watch again some time.
Apr 20, 8:57 PM
Mar 2012
Nice they intro each character for new viewers. There's a few nice flashbacks, like accentuating the ferris wheel scene.
Tons of storm trooper aim, but action's good with flying cameras in stylized sequences.
Anya's God sequence oddly fantastic. Yor's running theme adds that nice subplot.
Great how every side cast adds to the chaotic fun, especially Fiona & Yuri.
Apr 20, 8:59 PM
Oct 2014
Absolute MASTERPIECE this movie was so good I can't describe it in words cause I'd sound like an actual nerd thus was a cinematic experience id go see again
Apr 20, 10:25 PM

Nov 2021
Finally got to see this in theaters and it was amazing. This movie is everything Spy x Family should be, and had the perfect balance of heart, humor, and action. The comedy landed really well IMO my theater was laughing throughout the whole thing. Having Gen Hoshino and Official Hige DANdism in the credits was just the cherry on top :)
Apr 20, 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
It did a good job not feeling like an extended episode of the show but I do feel at time it exposes the major flaws of the show.

-Dumb villains
-Repeatable use of gags
-Anya being a walking plot device
-Bond being the secondary plot device
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 21, 12:44 PM

Nov 2017
I just saw the movie at the cinema and it's a excellent film! Even though it's non-canon, I loved the running gags and romantic moments, especially the intimate moments between Loid and Yor! The animation is top notch, as are the OSTs! Without forgetting the seiyū that goes with it! And don't forget to stay until the end because there will be a scene after the credits.
Apr 21, 3:57 PM

Jan 2023
Great film and had a good laugh, the score and cinematography were astounding. It did a good job keeping that feel and comedy of the show but for the love of everything that is good, Colonel Sindel or whatever his name is has got to be one of the irritating and flavorless villains I’ve seen in a while.

Also the poop jokes and God of Poop were hilarious, my humor is so so dumb.

8/10
Apr 21, 4:12 PM

Jun 2014
Just saw this in theaters and it was really enjoyable. A lot of silly jokes and gag-type humor that we're familiar with from the main show, along with funny misunderstandings and character interactions. If you like the series to any capacity, you should like this movie as it doesn't do anything to deviate from the general tone of the series.

The Poop God sequence had me saying wtf 💀 but it was funny, and the action was great. Yor vs. Type F went hard and I like how they changed the style when Loid disguised himself as Snyder and subsequently fought against him. Just a shame that they went through all that for Anya's cooking class just for it to get postponed 😭 but overall a fun and entertaining movie.

japzone said:
They called them the "Horger" family. How do you screw that up!?

I'm pretty sure that was intentional to show Anya's habit of pronouncing words wrong.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 21, 4:29 PM
May 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
Just saw this in theaters and it was really enjoyable. A lot of silly jokes and gag-type humor that we're familiar with from the main show, along with funny misunderstandings and character interactions. If you like the series to any capacity, you should like this movie as it doesn't do anything to deviate from the general tone of the series.

The Poop God sequence had me saying wtf 💀 but it was funny, and the action was great. Yor vs. Type F went hard and I like how they changed the style when Loid disguised himself as Snyder and subsequently fought against him. Just a shame that they went through all that for Anya's cooking class just for it to get postponed 😭 but overall a fun and entertaining movie.

japzone said:
They called them the "Horger" family. How do you screw that up!?

I'm pretty sure that was intentional to show Anya's habit of pronouncing words wrong.

If it was just Anya saying "Horger" sure, but it kept getting repeated so it's clear that it was a translation mistake. Not the first time I've seen translation errors in theatrical anime releases. Seems they often get translation rush jobs done for these limited releases.

But yeah, Poop God sequence was the biggest acid trip I've seen in a kid friendly movie for a while. Lots of fun.
Apr 21, 5:58 PM

Mar 2018
Ever had to shit so bad that you nearly caused nuclear war?
Apr 21, 7:36 PM
Jul 2015
This movie was really impressive, far far better than season 2. Kinda miffed I didn't get the Anya sticker/card thing even though Regal theaters were supposed to have them.

Season 1 : 7/10
Season 2: 6/10

Movie: 8/10
Apr 22, 1:00 AM
Jul 2016
I saw the movie in theaters with my parents on Friday for my birthday and I loved it!!! I genuinely almost cried because of how sweet it was :,)
My only gripe is with how long the Anya toilet thing went on... like it honestly felt like it was bordering too close on the fetish line. This left such an unexpected bad taste in my mouth because this series really hasn't done that yet; Especially with Anya.
Apr 23, 7:20 AM
Mar 2024
Over all it was fine. I think the first and second act felt kind of disjointed because they tried to cram too much stuff into the movie but if you love the characters and the first two seasons it's still worth a watch.
Apr 23, 6:57 PM
Jan 2017
THis was my first time doing a 4DX movie and it was incredible. Honestly amazed to see a niche film to most get such top notch treatment overseas
Apr 24, 8:02 PM

May 2010
just watched in theaters, enjoyed it a lot! the family vacation was sweet and I fangirled for the loid / yor misunderstandings lol my ship 😌 haha
the yor fight scenes were pretty epic :^D
Anya and the poop God had me lmao 🤣😂 (a child's imagination oh man😂)
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 25, 4:29 PM
Feb 2013
really so great i love how Anya so funny on this movie
Apr 25, 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
So Twilight can even disguise himself as a very attractive women.

Any restaurant that give a nice meal to the guest's family dog, is a great restaurant.

The whole Forger family had great moments with each other, and great individual scenes.

WIT didn't forget SnK seeing how Yor fight was. That cyborg was pure "german science is the best in the world".

One day I will bake that Meremere.

Apr 26, 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Just got out of the theatre in Sweden and it really surprised me!

Lovely film and well worth watching for Anya's shenanigans, for Loid x Yor lovers and lastly for those that enjoy some good sakuga.
Apr 26, 2:13 PM
May 2021
This movie was honestly soo good! Action was sickk, comedy was class honestly what spy x fam is!! Lots of fun!!
Apr 26, 2:14 PM
Aug 2017
10 minutes of poop jokes, absolute cinema, 9/10
Apr 26, 3:41 PM
Jun 2016
I got back from the cinema recently here in the U.K. I had a blast with it. It was thoroughly enjoyable. The characters are as endearing as ever, the slice of life aspect was really enjoyable, the humour was really funny at times and not only were the final action scenes really entertaining, there were also some really creative moments during them that made it all the more enjoyable.

I'm definitely looking forward to re-watching this film again on Blu-Ray.

9/10 (maybe even a 9.5 honestly)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Question - SPOILERS INSIDE ONLY ENTER IF YOU'VE SEEN IT

Pigroee - May 16

6 by Owlblocks »»
May 18, 2:06 AM

» Do I have to watch season 2 before this?

rocky_milo - Apr 4

12 by marlouz »»
May 15, 11:23 AM

» Forger or Holger?

SHINOBI-03 - Apr 28

10 by otaku22 »»
May 1, 7:36 AM

» Is this canon or not?

locosmundo - Jan 14

10 by Tendou-kun »»
Apr 29, 8:33 PM

» I feel real dumb...

Rand_al-Thorfinn - Apr 27

20 by Rand_al-Thorfinn »»
Apr 29, 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.