Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 17, 2023 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
Another new member to the party?! Well not really but seeing a dragon hatch out of an egg is something you don't see everyday.

I bet someday, that dragon will grow up and be a powerful creature if not already. Naofumi and the group deserved a chill/break episode this time around after dealing with Ren recently. Cliffhanger brings a chilling ending this episode.
Stark700Nov 17, 2023 6:04 AM
Nov 17, 2023 4:43 AM

Oct 2011
what

Galeon is evolving!!!

congratulations
Nov 17, 2023 4:46 AM

Dec 2021
Some more new characters hm.

Introduced by Tolly, the alchemist specializing in monsters, Rat, is dispatched to Naofumi's location. When he guides her to the village's monster enclosure, Naofumi is handed an unusually large egg by Wyndia, a girl with a love for monsters. To his surprise, the egg turns out to be a dragon egg. The dragon egg hatches, and on behalf of the villagers, Wyndia names him Gaelion.

Rat is a great new addition to the cast—a total waifu and a bit of a mad scientist. Excited to see what she creates for the village. Those tree houses were pretty cool too.

Ren is becoming a likeable character slowly but surely.

Nov 17, 2023 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
On top of both Atla and Fohl getting better, Ren is in Naofumi's village is no surprise...but Wyndia...?

Filo being chased by the newbie coming to the village: Ratotille "Rat" Anthreya, with a letter from Queen Melromarc being a monster alchemist whose experiments are controversial at best. Her goal being of targeting Filo, the queen filolial, both Naofumi and Raphtalia are skeptical, but decides to give her a chance to prove herself, even if it means retraining her int he Slave Crest. A box from Siltvelt, of which contains a dragon's egg, it could cause problems, but Rat's research would prove vital, and forget about giving it to Ren not because of his Curse series, but that the demi-humans don't trust him. Both Atla and Fohl reminiscening about their late mother, though the former comes to Naofumi naturally to share a bed with him...which this is not the first time, leaving Raphtalia to take action, and Fohl being useless to stop his own sister.

The dragon's egg is making Naofumi a joke, and S'yne has got her robot communication replacement to help out in her speech. Rat building a camping plant whch grows into a tree, the village is growing ever so bigger, as the egg starts cracking...to reveal a loyal wyr dragon, whom Wyndia named him Gaelion to be taken care of, while business is as usual in the village. Gaelion acting all rebellious, he just wants to play with Naofumi, and that would help get Atla off his realm...but swallowing the Emperor's Stone Jewel, grows him into an enormous threat in the village as he flies off on his own.

Where is Gaelion heading to exactly?
Nov 17, 2023 5:57 AM

Dec 2020
Well Naofumi really looks funny when he has the dragon egg on his back but yeah gaelion is evolving and now we habe a big problem.
Tbh it seems gaelion has recognised naofumi as his master.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 17, 2023 6:17 AM

Jun 2016
Finally seeing Ren without his ego and just being a character who just wants to do his best and emphasizing more to his best qualities which made me like him to begin with and more
Gift by Mimurona

Nov 17, 2023 6:18 AM
Feb 2022
When Dragon puberty hits with full force within one minute...
Nov 17, 2023 6:19 AM

Jun 2015
The dragon went full Charizard, attitude included
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 17, 2023 6:32 AM
Sep 2021
So this episode focused on the friends and family who live in naofumi's country and nice to see naofumi also help in raising a dragon, but soon things goes out of control.
Nov 17, 2023 6:34 AM

Dec 2022
Opening up with Filo screaming had me expecting more le wacky Spear antics XDDDDD, but instead, it's a new character Ratatouille. She's here to do experiments on the village's monsters, which I didn't even know they were raising until now. There's also Wyndia, who shows up out of nowhere and starts acting like a main character. Did I skip something? Did they?

Then there's a series of clips on life in the village. Notably, Ren learns how to read, clown girl gets a translator to fix her glitch speech, Naofumi gets and hatches a dragon egg, and Raph catches Atla trying to NTR her.
But everything comes to a halt when the dragon swallows a dragon core and turns into shitty CGI. That's truly a fate worse than death. Go save him, Naofumi!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Nov 17, 2023 6:38 AM
Oct 2017
Pretty decent episode

but the animation of the Galon/dragon after evolving looked horrendous
Nov 17, 2023 6:46 AM

Apr 2022
damn they really got a charizard, it was going so well but they just had to make it cgi lol. need that ren and eclair romance arc though. atla loves getting in that bed huh.
Nov 17, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2019
tambah pasukan baru untuk mengurus monster
dan lahirnya naga yaitu gaelion
My Candies :
Nov 17, 2023 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
Naofumi can't trust women enough, so he has to make them into slaves just to be safe...

It seems this episode was outsourced to Studio H4
Nov 17, 2023 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
The new dark skinned researcher lady is pretty, good to have her in the village. The baby dragon was so adorable. Hope they save him and he turns back to normal.
Nov 17, 2023 7:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see Ren has also joined the village. Hopefully this training would be able to break him out of that attitude of his. Beast mode sure was a curious ability bringing both cuteness and adding strength to its users. The queen sure sent us some curious reinforcements though. Atla sure has become quite attached to Naofumi. The doll that S'yne created sure looked cute while also allowing her to communicate with others more easily. Gaelion though was a nice addition to the village. Looks like it imprinted Naofumi as its dad. The manner of how it went from friend to foe though sure was interesting but also unfortunate as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2023 7:59 AM
Oct 2023
This episode is cool uwu
Nov 17, 2023 8:02 AM
Nov 2018
KANLen09 said:
On top of both Atla and Fohl getting better, Ren is in Naofumi's village is no surprise...but Wyndia...?

Filo being chased by the newbie coming to the village: Ratotille "Rat" Anthreya, with a letter from Queen Melromarc being a monster alchemist whose experiments are controversial at best. Her goal being of targeting Filo, the queen filolial, both Naofumi and Raphtalia are skeptical, but decides to give her a chance to prove herself, even if it means retraining her int he Slave Crest. A box from Siltvelt, of which contains a dragon's egg, it could cause problems, but Rat's research would prove vital, and forget about giving it to Ren not because of his Curse series, but that the demi-humans don't trust him. Both Atla and Fohl reminiscening about their late mother, though the former comes to Naofumi naturally to share a bed with him...which this is not the first time, leaving Raphtalia to take action, and Fohl being useless to stop his own sister.

The dragon's egg is making Naofumi a joke, and S'yne has got her robot communication replacement to help out in her speech. Rat building a camping plant whch grows into a tree, the village is growing ever so bigger, as the egg starts cracking...to reveal a loyal wyr dragon, whom Wyndia named him Gaelion to be taken care of, while business is as usual in the village. Gaelion acting all rebellious, he just wants to play with Naofumi, and that would help get Atla off his realm...but swallowing the Emperor's Stone Jewel, grows him into an enormous threat in the village as he flies off on his own.

Where is Gaelion heading to exactly?

are you asking

"do you know the wae?"?
Nov 17, 2023 8:19 AM

May 2020
That sword guy is a simp to the core lol. Now that he got betrayed by his "fated one", and was in turn saved by an equally beautiful lady, he knows, this time "she's the one for me".

Anyways, the thing with dragon sure escalated fast.
Nov 17, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2020
A quiet episode with a dragon...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 17, 2023 8:53 AM
Mar 2022
good episode, but the cgi reminds me of pokemon lol
Nov 17, 2023 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
ROFL damn what a retarded dragon but damn Why not let that grey lion sleep with naofomi? she can sleep with me then hehe

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
As an Atla stan it’s so good to see her personality being brought to life on the screen. Sneaking out of the room at night and tying up Fohl so she can go sleep with Naofumi 😂 .. her arguments with Raphtalia.. just great. It really feels like they’ve brought to life the dynamic from the books. This season feels so much more faithful, shoutout to the staff.

Speaking of which, Rat and Galeon are here now as well which means the family dynamic from the LN is on full display at this point. Even Ren is beginning to settle into life in the village. After everything he’s been thru, it’s great seeing Naofumi have a proper family.

Only complaint I had with the episode was the CGI for Galeon. Idk who was in charge of that but damn that looked bad. Hopefully that improves going forward
Nov 17, 2023 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
Competitors increased for Naofumi's love. Raphtalia still the best, and even though her screentime with Naofumi hasn't gone down, I still wish to see some precious moments. (I don't take her as a kid anymore. Physically she is an adult)!
Nov 17, 2023 10:02 AM

Jul 2022
Keel so cute! where is Raph Chan though?
Nov 17, 2023 10:36 AM

Jul 2019
The quality of this season is really all over the place it goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down...

I very much disliked the episode. It was all over the place letting nothing really shine. The side characters in the village are pretty meh and everything and anything has to be wrapped in fluffy clouds and rainbows. Now we are presented with this Gaelion subarc - horrible CGI btw for a show that used it so much better in the previous seasons.

Logic was also thrown out of the window - yes, let that random girl raise the dragon, let me keep that jewel in a cloth bag next to my bed (instead of the shield as ultimate storage device) also leave it be when a dragon enters the room and let alone play with it. Also a true gamer move of raising a dragon despite already having Filo and her and Fitoria despicing dragons.
Nov 17, 2023 11:05 AM

Mar 2014
Some new characters and an adorable dragon
Nov 17, 2023 1:03 PM

Jan 2021
Ngl this was a boring episode. I nearly spit out my pizza when Naofumi told Rat she has to have a slave crest. Like WTF, excuse me because you can't trust her, she was recommended by the Queen that you respect.

Also the dragon looked really lame. It looks as generic as this serious has unfortunately becoming. This episode was a weird string on D-plots strung together. Now we have to focus on the CGI-dragon next episode, bruh lets just find Itsuki. We have another boss coming in 2 months, heroes must work together etc...
Nov 17, 2023 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Naofumi always trying to act like mr tough guy but you could already see he cares a lot about S'yne. It wouldn't be a Tate season without the usual mythical CGI creature.
Nov 17, 2023 2:55 PM

Aug 2022
I usually dive into the anime first before deciding to delve into the manga or light novel it's adapted from, and I'll be honest—I'm getting a vibe that this anime isn't doing justice to the source material, even before giving it a read. Take this episode, for instance.

We got introduced to new characters like Rat and Wyndia. It's a bit odd how Wyndia just pops up without much buildup. If they had hinted at her in the background in earlier episodes, I'd applaud it, but she just appeared out of the blue.

Atla's affection for Naofumi finally blossoms, with a giant egg hilariously wedged between them. Gaelion makes his adorable entrance. It would've been better to witness his development over episodes rather than a vague montage. His "evolved" form after consuming the dragon core was comically goofy, not helped by the CG graphics. I thought the season finale would be the focus of the next series, but apparently not.

The Gaelion montage made me realize there are many details from the light novels that subtly pop up here. The Raph-Chan doll S’yne made, the issues with Atla appearing randomly at night—it's just now mentioned. Scenes like Naofumi rejecting Gaelion’s request to play and investigating a knock on his door are skimmed through. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but having these moments properly fleshed out would've been nice.

Overall, it wasn't a bad episode, but apart from some dips in animation quality, I wish they had spent a bit more time developing characters and events. This would have made situations feel more natural and impactful when the setups paid off.

I believe if season 3 had the same budget and episode count as season 1, it could be a fantastic season. The animation team and director seem to understand the story well, but they are clearly constrained by time and money.
Nov 17, 2023 3:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I never though we get a How to Train Your Dragon episode in Shield Hero, but here we are. That dragon went from Charmander to Charizard on some speed evolution in a matter of minutes. Ratatouille joins the team as the village's monster researcher. Poor Filo has to deal with Rat and the evolved version of Gaelion while worrying about the Spear Hero lurking around. She can't catch a break.
Nov 17, 2023 5:51 PM
Oct 2016
Right when things were actually settling down in the village a dragon goes wild. Naofumi meeting the mysterious monster doctor Rat. She's another very pretty woman in this series, she's here on orders from the Queen to help Naofumi village grow stronger. Hopefully she can contribute to the well being of all these demi human kids in the village. Sadeena is already helping train them, now to transform into those more animal forms like she can do. Atla has grown very strong since making her recovery, even more so than her brother whom we knew was already strong. Atla making her way into Naofumi bed during the night, not making Raphtalia too happy about that but Atla has grown attached to Naofumi. Luckily there was at least that giant dragon egg in between them. The egg being very coveted by that girl Wyndia whom wants to have a dragon of course what kid wouldn't. The dragon that hatched was much smaller than I thought it would be given the egg size but that changed quickly after it ate that gem. From such a cute little baby dragon all the kids loved to this building size monster flying away. They must help him return to normal.
Nov 17, 2023 6:49 PM
Oct 2022
Bro, you gotta have more badges if you want to control a GameShark, off-brand Charizard of that level!
Nov 17, 2023 6:59 PM

Aug 2019
The adaptation is still bad as always...
They never showed how or why there are monsters living in Naofumi's village. Or Filo using her powers to influence the eggs so they'll never hatch a filolial, only monsters.
Wyndia is in every episode as a background character, but they never bothered to build her up or show that she hates Ren. The whole Valley Girl scene is missing.
Previously they also didn't build up Eclair, now the fact that she's flirting with Ren feels like it came out of nowhere. The same thing is going to happen with Wyndia...
Keel being a girl should have been revealed 6 episodes ago. The studio totally forgot...

Not just the CGI Gaelion was bad. The studio is also saving budget by not aging up the kids as they level up.
They're also keeping the houses damaged to save budget instead of showing repairs and new ones being built in the past month.
Nov 17, 2023 7:50 PM

Feb 2019
all the kids turning to their animal forms are cute. but now they have a dragon on the loose! how will they get gaelion back???
Nov 17, 2023 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
I will never understand how Kinema can make some really good-looking shows like Made in Abyss and My Happy Marriage, and then make stuff like Shield Hero. Seriously, that dragon had the same CGI you see in 3DS Pokemon games.

And also, who the hell is this Wyndia kid? Why is she acting like she's from the main cast? And when did they start raising monsters in the village?
Nov 17, 2023 8:14 PM
Oct 2022
Bro, you gotta have more badges if you want to control a GameShark, off-brand Charizard of that level!

Also, was he counting about just to count 2 GIANT caterpillars and then was caught off-guard be the presence of a third that he didn't notice as soon as he needed the tent?
Nov 17, 2023 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
There's no excuse for this level of CG anymore.
Nov 17, 2023 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
OH NO, WATCH OUT, IT'S A FUCKING 3D DRAGON!!!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BRO LOOKS LIKE DRAGO FROM BAKUGAN XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Peak Naofumi moment when he has a fkng dragon and wants to use him as a guardian dog for his room just to push the loli tiger away lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Nov 17, 2023 9:57 PM
Jun 2007
We have dragon egg evolved into huge dragon
Nov 17, 2023 11:23 PM
Sep 2023
They watched him eat it wtf
Nov 18, 2023 12:00 AM

Jul 2020
That cute Charizard evolved quite fast huh. That's good cuz the way that fat little lump of meat was flying and hovering with those tiny wings defied the laws of physics so much it hurt my eyes lol
Nov 18, 2023 12:15 AM

Feb 2014
Last episode Sword Hero wanted to destroy everything, this episode the dragon wants to destroy everything, that kind of development is destroying the anime, "destroying everything" will lose its impact when everyone do that.
Nov 18, 2023 12:17 AM
Apr 2014
The dragon ate a plastic ball and became CGI, damn...
Nov 18, 2023 1:48 AM

Feb 2008
That was a really bad piece of CGI
Nov 18, 2023 2:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I take it this is where it all goes downhill?
Nov 18, 2023 2:08 AM
Nov 2022
Now Gaelion use "Flamethrower"... Wait Gaelion used Mystery pearl and evolved into... Gaeleon!!!
Nov 18, 2023 2:25 AM

Feb 2018
haha funni cgi dragon. This episode was okay; hoping for something more interesting the next.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Nov 18, 2023 2:49 AM

May 2021
Gaelion went the Charmander route as soon as it involved. Understandable. All we need is a losing fight against a water-type now.

The CG is horrible though. Hope he evolves again and gets rid of it.

Nov 18, 2023 3:20 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Slice of life isekai ?:/ I don't mind some chill episode, but please do something :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.