Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2023 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Another festival. This one had some archery in it although I confess I am slightly underwhelmed by this episode.

On the other hand, it was a very safe way to conclud the anime and like many other episodes, it had an easy pacing from start to finish. 
Jun 23, 2023 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
The Yumimimi Festival's preparation is under the way...and Koito is handed the archer role from her injured grandfather for the bow ritual to determine the overall luck of the fishing haul. How will this turn out?

Turns out, Koito can't shoot for the life of her since she's pretty bad at it, but with the festival in 3 days, "taking it easy" is not something that she can take it lightly. Though when it's passed to Elda, she can do it perfectly...through the voice of the wind. Haha, this is only a trick specific to elves though, but for now, Koito must keep practicing her shooting...but somehow it always lands on Elda, almost being a headshot. Even Koma says so to release the stress and have a good time, and that's how Koito should go about for the Oyumi ritual. Well, aside from their hilarious conversation between boats, it's time for the real thing, and Elda doesn't mind a headshot so as long as her shot lands on the saucer. With the first 2 headshot-intended shots missed, Koito goes for her last...in a rather unique way that forces Elda's hand to kump out of the boat and have the arrow of Takamimi land on the saucer at all costs. And indeed, it landed a bullseye to great success with a prosperous fishing haul. Well...except the Oyumi ritual can be headed back to her grandfather instead.

On the usual day, Elda does her stuff...but drops pepper into her breakfast, has the light gone out on its own, and knocks her pinky toe onto the wall. All of this leads to Elda thinking that she is cursed, and that effect will live with her for the rest of her life if nothing is being done. So then, it's Tsujiura to the rescue as a form of forutne telling...but even that feels contrived as some worshippers thought that both Elda and Koito were playng hide-and-seek to leave them alone. The lucky charm of a bream's bones within a sea bream, it's replaced with mackerel instead. And the testing of luck, which after borrowing from the sisters, boosts her luck to the max...that they got caught by Gramps instead.

What an interesting show, one of the underrated hidden gems of the season!
KANLen09Jun 23, 2023 8:29 PM
Jun 23, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
Great finale.

Not only this was the best show of the season, but also my favorite show of the year so far. I'll miss all these characters so much, especially Elda. She's just so funny and adorable. ^_^

I want a second season.
SerafosJun 23, 2023 2:33 PM
Jun 23, 2023 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
I feel like the concept of the passage of time and/or immortality + how someone immortal would deal with all that, was kidna underused, it had its moments, for sure, but at the end, this really was just a "feel good" anime.

Occasionally yes, but ultimately It didn't try too hard to be something more, + the Edo period tidbits were nice. Elf girls and their mikos were cute too, as one would expect.
Jun 23, 2023 12:08 PM
May 2023
Slept on this one for the first 6 Episodes but im happy i took the time and watched it.
Very comfy slice-of-life Show. Just what i need after a long day of work.
And something that cures my heart whenever G-Witch tried to rip it out in the last few weeks.
Greatly enjoyed it Overall.
Hoping for another season.
FloelleJun 25, 2023 8:14 AM
Jun 23, 2023 12:13 PM
Mar 2021
hope there's a 2nd season. loved this slice of life!
Jun 23, 2023 12:29 PM

Mar 2021
This show has been the highlight of the year for me just love all the characters and how wholesome it is I really hope we get a second season
Jun 23, 2023 1:05 PM

Dec 2016
Even for a show I didn't expect much for it's finale, this one was kinda weird and oddly padded (like the whole infodump about the 3 archery shots we already had in the previous episode)

At least in general it was a fun show to relax about nerdy otaku stuff mixed with some edo period trivia.
Jun 23, 2023 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
Good but a bit boring sometimes IMO. Nothing special. 7/10
Jun 23, 2023 2:32 PM
Jun 2022
Serafos said:
Great finale.

Not only this was the best show of the season, but also my favorite show of the year so far. I'll miss all these character so much, especially Elda. She's just so funny and adorable. ^_^

I want a second season.

same we should start a petition for season 2 😤😤
Jun 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Jan 2021
Koito does practices for the festival since she's the archer but misses literally each shot. The day is upon her to shoot the arrow in the anchor point but she misses 2 of them and she decides to shoot the 3rd one into the air. Elda jumps high and goes after it while landing in the water, but the arrow is successfully in the dot.

Elda is having bad luck all day and she thinks she is cursed. They play hide and seek or whatever and Koyuzu notices that, she asks what to cook for dinner and Elda goes in praise mode lmfao. Koyuzu is actually cute ngl. Elda has the forehead skull of the salmon for luck and tries to draw a lot but gets bad luck, Koyuzu offers her clover 4 card and Elda gets a little bit of luck, Koito offers her pen and Elda gets excellent luck, nice. The 3 of them got yelled at though afterwards. Its an okay anime.
Jun 23, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2016
im surprised by how much i enjoyed this show
i had no hopes for it but enjoyed every episode

we dont deserve Koyuzu, she's too precious
Jun 23, 2023 2:53 PM

Feb 2019
Saved one of the best for last. Man ima miss Elda and Koito 😩 my weekly doses of Edo history are over.

This didn’t feel like a finale tho. Would’ve liked to have had a more emotional send off for the girls. But the archery ritual and Elda’s “bream within a bream” were perfectly in line with her character.

One of my fave shows of the season and year overall. I’ll definitely check out the manga.
Jun 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
This show was too sweet, so chill and comfy, quite educational too, I'm going to miss the girls so much.
Jun 23, 2023 4:05 PM

Sep 2021
The archery segment was probably my favorite from the entire show. Elda is such an adorable elf! Gladly, she was allowed to keep her head on her shoulders.
The bad luck story was pretty funny too. Even a 600 year old elf is not safe from hitting her pinky toe.

As for this show overall, I'd say it was a very comfy Slice of Life experience. It had a bit of comedy, and a lot of fluff! There were even some serious parts, like on how Isuzu didn't want to get too close to Haira so she wouldn't miss her after her death. Or when Koito found the video tape of her mother and Elda comforted her.

I have mixed feelings about the educational parts. While some education never hurts, sometimes it felt like the actual stroy was forced around the Edo Lore and thus got boring. This was mostly an issue in the middle of the series though and no longer a thing in the past few episodes.

And lastly, I wish they had dragged out the "mystery" from episode one a bit more. Even though it was obviously Elda who inspired Koito, I would've loved to see her keep it as a secret for just a bit longer. Maybe safe the reveal for a situation where Koito is down, such as her aspired "mature" personality failing once again.

Overall, this show's primary goal was to make me feel relaxed, and it succeded most of the time. Nothing outstanding, but an surely a good comfort anime. 7/10.
Jun 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
Elves are top tier archers, that is known.

Not pleased face when there's way too much pepper on your eggs killed me

Man, I'm sad that I watched the last episode for an indefinite time. Elda was the most adorable characters this season, in raw cuteness that is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2023 4:39 PM
Oct 2022
Goodbye, comfy show.
Jun 23, 2023 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Nice comfy show.  Good watch
Jun 23, 2023 6:54 PM
Sep 2021
Nice modern slice of life show. we have Japanese history which makes the story interesting, good pacing of story. The characters are also good.
Jun 23, 2023 6:59 PM
Oct 2010
A fluffy episode to top off a fluffy season, could it really have ended any other way than in seiza with gramps getting spicy about their shenanigans? Not with those two! (And poor lil sis getting caught in the splash damage, haha)
Jun 23, 2023 7:05 PM
May 2017
Great episode! Great series. Second season much welcome.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 23, 2023 8:51 PM

Feb 2019
and i thought i'd finally see their grandpa's face, but we only saw his feet and his back when he was lecturing the three of them lol
Jun 24, 2023 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
Nothing special overall, but for a lower tier seasonal it had nice quality and more than enough quirkyness
Jun 24, 2023 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda boring but okay ending
Jun 24, 2023 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
Funny and adorable series, I surely would watch a second season if they will ever do it.
I will miss Elda, Koito and Kuyuzu.
Jun 24, 2023 6:59 PM

Feb 2021
And that wraps up Edomae Elf.

When I watched the first episode, I thought the show would be more about Elda telling Koito about her old world in the midst of enjoying her current one, and though the fun facts and trivia surrounding the Edo period are interesting, honestly I still hope that we get to know about who and how Elda was prior to her summoning. But it is what it is. At the end of the day, it's still a very enjoyable show for me. 

We get a glimpse of Kikujirou's feet! Maybe 51 episodes later we will get to see his waist. 

All in all a solid 8/10 from me. 

The thing she does for her miko.

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 24, 2023 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
this was a cute little relaxing show with some nice eye candy of visuals one of the nicest looking SoL's out this season 
mix in the Shut in God trope and it had it's funny moments while sometimes it got a lil boring i enjoyed my time thought we would get hit with some more feels by the end with the whole never dying aspect to Elida  but hey this could be a long on going manga so hopefully it does well enough to get a another season

spring was too stacked with just all around good shows so this one might've slip through the cracks like many others 
7/10 
Jun 24, 2023 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
It's sweet Elda dove for the arrow to hit the target. 

Elda stubbing her toe, i felt that

But damn now it's over. I would like more. 
Jun 24, 2023 11:42 PM

May 2019
Yeah the final episode did not really feel like a finale but it was still good. In the first half I liked how Elda jumped into the water so that the arrow would hit its target, good sport. The 2nd half of the finale felt more like something we'd see in the middle of the season with the plot being about having bad luck.

The series as a whole was a fun watch although I thought they would revisit the deeper undertones with Elda staying immortal while her mikos and everyone else ages and eventually dies but they didn't. I'll add that Koito kept Elda in check throughout so they make a good pair. Beyond that the character designs were fine and so was the animation. Most of the storyline was very SoL with some comedic moments. I would watch another season if it is ever announced. Overall I give this a 7/10.
Jun 25, 2023 12:09 AM

Oct 2017
It was so nice of Elda to jump and catch the arrow to help Koito, they have such a sweet relationship. The Yumimimi festival was a great success thanks to that. Second half with Elda trying to increase her luck was amusing and it didn't feel any different from the rest of the episodes. Pretty good episode again but didn't really have the finale vibe.

Really enjoyed the anime. The characters were nice and interactions too. Elda and Akane are both so pretty. Hope we get a new season someday.
Jun 25, 2023 12:22 AM
Apr 2020
I miss them already 😭
Jun 25, 2023 1:05 AM

Feb 2022
Loved this show so much, going to miss this show.
Jun 25, 2023 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
The ending felt too ordinary, even though they created some "drama" between the last two episodes. But overall it was a really good CGDCT show, although I originally expected generic otaku moe bait after reading the synopsis.

Floelle said:
Slept on this one for the first 6 Episodes but im happy i took the time and watched it.
Very comfy slice-of-live Show. Just what i need after a long day of work.
And something that cures my heart whenever G-Witch tried to rip it out in the last few weeks.
Greatly enjoyed it Overall.
Hoping for another season.
You're not alone, dude. Ichiro as always going mad in the final arc. 
Jun 25, 2023 8:21 AM
Apr 2023
Touching partnership displayed by Elda and Koito on that Yumimimi ritual and it seems like a wonderful commemoration of the former miko before Koito, who is Sayoko, her mom and the last one who used the bow and arrow for the ritual.

I really liked this anime in general. It such a chill anime to watch during the weekend and I actually learned a lot about Japan during the Edo period.

It is really nice that despite Koito's love of modern styles and living, she is still an eager practitioner of her families traditions and performs her job as the miko wholeheartedly and is truly a great companion to the immortal Elda.
Jun 25, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2008
oh hey 3rd arrow shot was a bullseye! thanks to Elda's additional effort of leaping down to the river nice!
haha last part was them wasting fortune slips! and they got busted lolz!
aarrgg i need more of these kinds of fun shows! so sad it ended, hope for more!
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 25, 2023 4:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao when Elda jumped into the water to be sure Koito would hit the target xD And 2nd part was cute with the fortune tellings.
Okay anime overall, it wasn't anything too deep but as a slice of life with some fantasy/supernatural elements mixed with otaku culture it was funny.
Jun 25, 2023 6:19 PM
May 2022
Pretty fun and chill watch. I don’t think the anime is as funny as the premise promises but it was still a very enjoyable watch. Arguably consistently enjoyed more than other anime this season that are more my speed. Would like a second season but I’m not sure how popular it is so who knows.
Jun 26, 2023 8:26 AM
Feb 2022
Las voy a extrañar Elda y Koito.
Jun 26, 2023 3:07 PM

Mar 2022
Somehow lost a bit of steam in the last few episodes for me, but I loved all the elves and theri mikos. I think what I craved was a tinny bit of character development, like, Elda going somewhere
for the sake of Koito or the other elves, because episodes she goes out of the shrine were awesome. The jump off the boat was a step in the right direction, now in S2 in need more elves, more Yord & Haira.
That bit of drama about immortality vs youth also had potential for some great storytelling. Overall very enjoyable, chill show I somehow almost looked the most to each week.

If nothing else,  someone needs to dedicate themselves and mine this show for memes, gifs and reaction faces. Because its a goldmine.
Jun 26, 2023 7:19 PM
Jan 2022
Utterly adorable! Such a precious bond they share.
Jun 27, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 2014
Hm.. i don´t know. This anime had a few enjoyable scenes, but I was expecting more. The idea per se is cool and different (exactly what we needed), but I feel like it wasn´t fully explored and it had potential for more, and so it ended up being okay-ish and 'just another one'.  

6/10 (would rate 6.5/10 if possible).

By the way, the art is very pretty. 
TechOtakuJun 27, 2023 8:04 PM
Jul 2, 2023 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
I kinda expected this to go some deeper on the immortality side since they kinda hinted at it but I guess they wanted to keep it lighthearted. Still overall nice relaxing and comfy show on our otaku elf deity with some occasional historic trivia.

Jul 2, 2023 9:33 PM
Sep 2018
A little late to the party, but I must say that this series ended on an excellent note!

The continuation of the Yumimimi shrine storyline that began in the previous episode was fantastic and seeing Elda being earnest and genuinely caring about Koito was truly something to behold.

The second half of the episode was also a delight as I really enjoyed its simplicity (as well as a glimpse of the mysterious Grandpa Kikujirou!)

I love this series a lot and I'm quite sad to see it go so soon. I personally doubt there'll be a season two, but I'm always hopeful. For now though, I must say my goodbyes to Koito, Elda, and all the quirky yet nevertheless wholesome and homely hijinks they get up to.
Jul 3, 2023 11:30 AM

Jul 2019
Now this was comfy! I like the dynamic between Koito and Elda. They bicker but care deeply for one another. I would've preferred if there was more interactions between the three elves but it is what it is.
8/10
Jul 3, 2023 6:51 PM
Aug 2021
this show is god tier
Jul 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
Hm.. i don´t know. This anime had a few enjoyable scenes, but I was expecting more. The idea per se is cool and different (exactly what we needed), but I feel like it wasn´t fully explored and it had potential for more, and so it ended up being okay-ish and 'just another one'.  

6/10 (would rate 6.5/10 if possible).

By the way, the art is very pretty. 
the archery practice LMAO

the arrow almost took the elf ear off twice, arrow had to make L turn to hit there lol 

Jul 11, 2023 4:28 AM
May 2020
Sweet and funny final episode. I love the relationship between the two, although I would have liked to know a little more about Koito's mother. I hope they put out a second season.
Jul 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with the Yumimimi Arrow Shooting Ritual, and Elda trying to improve her luck.

This was a show I liked less as it went on unfortunately I'd say. I don't think it was bad, nor do I think it really changed all that much throughout, I just kinda got tired of it, ya know? By the end I was forcing myself to finish it and I dunno why really. It was cute on the whole, if nothing memorable. Elda's otaku culture gags grew thin by the end. They tried to spice things up with other elves and whatnot, but eh. One thing I'll note that MIGHT have been a change was I don't remember those Edo history lesson bits in the earlier episodes. Maybe they were there from the start and I just never noticed the pattern early on, but by halfway through the series I sure did. They seemed kinda distracting to me after I started noticing them too. That aside I dunno, I don't really have much to say here, but I'll be nice and give it a generous 7/10. Probably wouldn't watch another season if it came though, tbh.
Jul 27, 2023 10:53 PM
Jul 2023
This anime is masterpiece
Jul 27, 2023 10:53 PM
Jul 2023
This anime is masterpiece
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

38 by tunagate »»
Apr 25, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

35 by SouthRzVa »»
Feb 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2023

28 by Sigford »»
Nov 28, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

87 by MISSed_Bandwagon »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

30 by fathandz »»
Sep 24, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.