Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Social media these days. They just can't hold back filming Anna when she's eating LOL

This was such a wholesome episode for her and Kyoutarou in their date. It's good to get out of the school environment and be themselves. The food, shopping, etc. They look like a couple. 
Jun 3, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
Dude’s fashion sense is fucking antique lol, I mean we stopped wearing those skull printed t-shirts back in 2005 itself. But hey leaving that aside, as we know both Ichikawa and Yamada decided to meet back in the last episode so to exchange those manga, meeting at some place like Shibuya, really? I mean I’m no resident but isn’t that place kind of posh.. so like yeah it’s safe to assume this is just a date in disguise. 

Ichikawa may not be aware, but Yamada sure as heck is, it was her idea too after all. Thus we got ourselves the customary dating tutorial, but even the most basic things look super good when these two are there. From calling Yamada “cute” to exchanging pictures, we did it all. Also please look at the real thing when she’s in front of you… PLEASE. And hey change room always the place for best memories( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ichikawa had a blast with the date, Yamada had.. no we all had. So we’ll get the introductions done too in due time but for now they are going to engrave this moment in the deepest of their memories :) 

Best episode yet. Such a shame we only have two more weeks with this series now. 
Jun 3, 2023 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
That was such a sweet date. Love em both.
Jun 3, 2023 10:00 AM
Aug 2022
Allumination was so beautiful!! Director's idea was so nice.
Ichikawa-kun & Yamada-san they both were holding hands 😏.
Just become official already 😆
Jun 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Apr 2016
A date, that is not a date, but we all know it's actually 100% a date episode, that we've been all waiting for + christmas. And i must say, our main guy really looks like an elementary kid when he stands next to Yamada, she is very mature dressed for her age.

Can't be said about the way she acts :)
Jun 3, 2023 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
If there was an award for "Most Improved Show" throughout this season or maybe even this year, this show would probably win it. Compared to how it started, it's great to see how it's turned out for the rest of the run, especially in the last few episodes. It was a nice "date" per say this episode, even though Ichikawa was still lacking confidence and there was an awkward atmosphere from time to time surrounding the date. It makes the date as a whole more interesting though, and with more growth and development of his personality, it'll be interesting to see how he evolves down the line. Good to see Yamada though be proactive and show Ichikawa that she does care for him a lot. She exchanged pictures privately to him, got him to help her pick outfits, eat and have fun together during Christmas Eve. Was a fun overall episode in a refreshing setting to say the least.
Jun 3, 2023 11:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A date with Anna on xmas eve huh. That outfit that he picked really was unwise. The pancake place though sure was expensive. Still the date realy turned into a landmine though especially at the clothing store. In the end despite some tense moments it looks like the date turned out pretty well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was sweeter than every dessert Yamada ate in the entire series.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 3, 2023 11:42 AM
Jun 2020
A date but not a date date. (they held hands)

love how Yamada ask Ichikawa to take some photos/videos just to send it only to him. Those memories are for them and them alone.
Jun 3, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
A date on Christmas Eve, and while Ichikawa dresses antiquely, Yamada dresses just like her model self.

Looking like a straight-laced stalker, Ichikawa decides to dress down a bit and follow Yamada on her whims, and he's starting to realize that she's falling for him all the more. Bringing Ichikawa to places like expensive dessert places and subconsciously taking about fashion, everything is going against Ichikawa with the personality clash, though Yamada is having fun with him and making this their own private affair. The moment when Yamada just touches Ichikawa's chin though, heh. The date continues with shopping to see which outfit does Ichikawa like best, and despite the awkwardness, finding people he know (like his sister) would be a disaster, and hiding in the clothing stall with her shows more than just the disparity in height.

Time flies fast, but Yamada regrets that she didn't allow Ichikawa to let himself loose on front of her, which he did a fair bit. The Christmas illluminations look nice, and so is she. Other than the crowded train ride back home while holding hands to keep each other close, it was so awkward that they just walked a fair distance before letting go. Oh well, this is just one more confirmation that Ichikawa might be able to bring his feelings towards her, which is nice.

Of all the people to influence him, it has to be the manga male MC that he's reading to reflect on his chances with Yamada. Or more like he's being controlled...

It's getting closer!
Jun 3, 2023 11:46 AM
Apr 2022
Nothing to be afraid of sleep tught ichikawa, And Let me say it once and for all i dont feel jealous about you having Yamada and me still has no one like that!
Jun 3, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
It's so cute and melts my heart❣️
Can anyone recommend me anime really close to this one
Jun 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2020
This show just keeps getting better and better, and the characters are just getting more and more likable. An awesome, wholesome Christmas Eve episode with a lot of fun activities, and it's great to see Kyoutaro starting to open up more and more, but man are his clothes edgy! These last few episodes have been an absolute blast to watch, and it's risen up my ranks quickly for the shows this season. The lighting, directing, and OST have been good throughout the series, but it's been even better lately. Love Kyoutaro's character growth.
Jun 3, 2023 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
In the words of Owen Wilson "Wow."
Yamada's love attacks were relentless and strong in this episode, so much that in the end of the episode, Ichikawa overheated and began to hallucinate.
Jun 3, 2023 11:55 AM
Aug 2021
this is one of those episodes in a show that you immediately feel like you want to see it again.
A great representation of those awkward first dates.
Jun 3, 2023 11:57 AM

Apr 2010
They are really cute together.

Another new piece of OST at the Karte scene I think, great stuff.
Jun 3, 2023 11:58 AM
Sep 2015
The end credit scene though.
Jun 3, 2023 11:58 AM
Aug 2021
was he .. jerking off with his imaginary friend inside the sheets? O_o
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Mar 2021
This was an amazing episode Yamada and Ichikawa are just so cute together Them holding hands was the Highlight of this episode
Jun 3, 2023 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
“Don’t forget to look at the real thing”

Yea man that’s it this definitely a top 5 romance for me. I’ve been hooked on this nonstop for 10 weeks and it just gets better and better. The atmosphere of this show is just awesome. The Ushio Kensuke OST just adds so much to these intimate moments too.

The cafe date was cute and funny. Definitely love a girl that can dress trendy and put away some food. Poor kyo didn’t even order any food and it would’ve been free 😂 been there done that.

Highlight was definitely the Christmas lights and the handheld walk home, though. I like how Yamada is being way more aggressive about getting what she wants.

Great episode
Marinate1016Jun 3, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 3, 2023 12:01 PM

Jan 2021
Sweet Jesus this anime is just a new whole level of romance

Jun 3, 2023 12:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, yes, yes! Episode just kept getting better and ended on a freakin' high, this show is too good for real. 

They're just too adorable together, and looks like he's starting to believe! Thanks to Ichikawa Onee-san for some necessary spice, lol. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 3, 2023 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
Im sorry, but the MC is in the friendzone with Yamada.   If he confesses, Yamada will friendzone him. 
Jun 3, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2022
Great and sweet episode
Jun 3, 2023 12:07 PM

Nov 2017
She knows, buddy :D
Jun 3, 2023 12:09 PM
Dec 2021
The battle shounen of romantic comedies.
Nothing of this stuff has any chance of happening in real life. Just a stupid self insert for lonely otakus.

viewers are probably 90% loners and edgy teenagers.

Time to drop it.
Jun 3, 2023 12:11 PM

Feb 2023
Yes ma'am
I will focus on the real thing next time

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 3, 2023 12:15 PM
May 2023
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it
Jun 3, 2023 12:26 PM

Dec 2022
only two more left a Christmas date im imagining they looking back at this day as their first date and remembering all the awkward things that happened
Jun 3, 2023 12:46 PM

Feb 2010
That was super adorable
Jun 3, 2023 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
Anna playing 5d chess with her signs, amazing.
Jun 3, 2023 12:56 PM
May 2023
sinnerNoWinner said:
Nothing of this stuff has any chance of happening in real life. Just a stupid self insert for lonely otakus.

Time to drop it.
if it doesn't happen in your life,  it doesn't mean it's unrealistic
maybe it's just you who lonely and doesn't have any romance? Because from my experience it's more than realistic =)
Jun 3, 2023 1:02 PM

Sep 2018
This show has just been so unrelentingly great, please please please don't screw it up in the last episodes.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 3, 2023 1:02 PM
Dec 2021
Anthyllio said:
sinnerNoWinner said:

Time to drop it.
maybe it's just you who lonely and doesn't have any romance? Because from my experience it's more than realistic =)
Don't come up with such stupíd bullshit like that "argument". That's called an Ad hominem argument.
I know your average anime watcher is dumb but this shit is too much.

Want me to back up my argument with SCIENCE?? Look up a study titled "Like birds of a feather, similarly attractive  people flock together"
in real like 2/10's don't date 9/10's sadly :o)
And don't get me started on the height difference lmao
Jun 3, 2023 1:06 PM

Feb 2007
Having a date, pretending not to have a date. :D

oooo3333 said:
Im sorry, but the MC is in the friendzone with Yamada. If he confesses, Yamada will friendzone him.

Dude... She just tricked him into going on a Christmas date with her, how is that in any way even close to "friendzone"?
luinthoronJun 3, 2023 1:10 PM
Jun 3, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
great episode, enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 3, 2023 1:12 PM
Mar 2015
Glad he realizes where he stands with her Great date
Jun 3, 2023 1:15 PM

Jan 2021
Ichikawa meets up with Yamada but both of them are there early. I must say that Yamada looks cute in that outfit. Yamada has chosen a pancake house to eat but Ichikawa only came for the manga haha. Ichikawa finds the things a little expensive so he only orders an coffee, while Yamada goes all out.

Yamada asks Ichikawa to take a photo of her but Ichikawa says its better to make a video instead. He is worried about Yamada posting it online but instead she says that she only sends it to him. Yamada coming out with the rizz, damn. After the food they go shopping for clothes and Yamada asks Ichikawa which one looks better on her and he chose one, so she goes in the dressing room to try it on. Ichikawa tries to slip away but gets stopped lol. Ichikawa notices someone coming into the store and its his sister and he doesn't know what to do so Yamada drags him into the dressing room lmfao, its getting hot in there. At least he said that she looks good in that dress/clothing. They also finally hold hands when walking towards home. Wholesome episode.
Jun 3, 2023 1:16 PM
May 2023
sinnerNoWinner said:
Anthyllio said:
Don't come up with such stupíd bullshit like that "argument". That's called an Ad hominem argument.
I know your average anime watcher is dumb but this shit is too much.

Want me to back up my argument with SCIENCE?? Look up a study titled "Like birds of a feather, similarly attractive  people flock together"
in real like 2/10's don't date 9/10's sadly :o)
And don't get me started on the height difference lmao
You didn't deny that you're lonely so I assume you just want a GF and you're jealous of Ichikawa. My dude, you won't get a GF if you will act and talk like this. Be a little wiser and delicate, okay? 
Feb 2023
I loved this adaptation of the manga chapters so much really loved the detail that was but into the hand holding scene if I had 1 gripe or nitpick is that they removed the cellphone scene in the last chapter tho they may put it back since in the anine he saw the text by 9 and it wasn't until 11pm she called him
Aug 2020
Animation, music and holding hands hit the spot, but that funny romantic vibe and her dorky face sometimes, its just perfect. Started really weird first episode, but now i like it most beside skip and loafer too.
Jun 3, 2023 1:18 PM
May 2023
luinthoron said:
Having a date, pretending not to have a date. :D

oooo3333 said:
Im sorry, but the MC is in the friendzone with Yamada.  If he confesses, Yamada will friendzone him.

Dude... She just tricked him into going on a Christmas date with her, how is that in any way even close to "friendzone"?
Some guys are so envy that they fall out of reality and lose their brain juice completely lol 
Jun 3, 2023 1:23 PM
Jun 2022
I really loved this episode. I just can't describe enough how big my love for this anime. Its in my Top-3 Favourite Anime of 2023 (1 - Hell's Paradise, 2 - Dangers in my Heart, 3 - Oshi no Ko).

Btw I feel like the sexual tension is growing like hell since episode 8.
Jun 3, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2023
sinnerNoWinner said:

Time to drop it.

Bro has never experienced love before😭😭
Jun 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Nov 2020
What was the title of the music during the holding hands scene?
Jun 3, 2023 1:49 PM
Jan 2021
BIG WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Jun 3, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2022
THE GOAT APPEARS, this chapter was incredible i really love how everything is going, the music is put in the right time and their expressions are just wonderful, thank God this studio made possible this anime
Jun 3, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2016
"mansplaining" in the subs. Really motherfuckers? He doesn't say anything remotely resembling that and it doesn't even make any sense. God damn American translators are ass.
Jun 3, 2023 2:46 PM
Mar 2018
That...that whole episode hit me square in the chest. Not unlike the most shocking and saddening drama. But none of it was from sorrow but from joy. The "Moe"est of of Moe Moe Kyuns!
Jun 3, 2023 2:46 PM
Jul 2015
Chad Kyotaru appeared!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

282 by Nokic »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

216 by Playcool »»
Apr 29, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.