Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 22, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
End card
https://twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/status/1484941320007593984
tsubasaloverJan 22, 2022 9:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 22, 2022 9:02 AM
Apr 2020
After years of waiting for this moment to be animated, I can finally rest. This was glorious
Jan 22, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 2019
Waiting for season 4 now
Jan 22, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
Ah man. I do not want it to be over. I want it to continue. Now I am so wanting to go into the manga again. The B Rank Wars is over. Now I must wait for a long time. I hope the voice will still be around even after more years pass by. I am so going to miss this series in anime format so much.
Jan 22, 2022 11:24 AM

Jan 2012
"We win."

Ah, to see it animated at last, so nice, so cathartic. Whelp, I guess that wraps up another glorious season of the criminally overlooked and underrated masterpiece that is World Trigger. As a manga reader who knows when we'll see a 4th season? Considering the subject matter involved in the current arc in addition to the monthly release schedule of chapters and Ashihara-sensei's health it could be years. I dunno if I'll even be around to see it, but I hope I am. And I hope we get to see all of the story told and adapted. 8/10
Jan 22, 2022 11:33 AM
Nov 2020
It would be great if WT were a long-running series, with weekly episodes ♡ I just can't get enough! Now we will have to wait a long time to see it animated again: the manga is in a very interesting phase but Ashihara-sensei's health forces him to take frequent breaks and the material is too little to be adapted quickly. I will wait patiently, hoping that Ashihara-sensei can complete his splendid work.
In the meantime, a nice rewatch is always very enjoyable!
Jan 22, 2022 11:38 AM
Apr 2019
One of the best anime out there. The first season shone due to it's amazing and intense arc (neighbour raid arc) and second and third season shone with intense matches, and introduction of new characters along with the high improvement of animation.

As soon as there is enough source material, there will be a season 4, though it might take 2-3 years or more.

Jan 22, 2022 11:46 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
What an excellent finale, its sucks that we gotta wait a few years for another season.
Jan 22, 2022 11:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sweet finale, this! Tamakoma-2 were obviously going to be the victors but the real fun lied in the manner in which they'd achieve that. And in that regard, it was certainly worth the hype.

Chika didn't go for a killer bullet at first but I'd a feeling the next would be otherwise and it did turn out to be just that, luckily. Hyuse's encouragement in the background definitely livened things up a bit there. Osamu's hound ended up doing the telling, just as Kuga warned. I suppose Ninomiya-san kind of underestimated Osamu but it was nice to see that Kuga's lie detector earlier did not get an outright response as such.

All in all, this last battle has been fantastic! Toei Animation stepping up on the animation front made it all the more intriguing. They just know their timing, lol. And as always, the commentary to back up the action was spot on. If there's one thing I would've liked more, it's a more complete finale. For some reason, it didn't feel like the close of a season. With the "To be continued..." remark in the end though, I can't help but expect more...

Going to settle with an 8/10 for this. It's been the most engaging season for me and I can't wait for more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 22, 2022 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Last two episodes were really great, happy with how they came out.
Finally Osamu came in clutch with a new move, I hope he will grow stronger as the story proceeds.

Now we wait for the 4th season and I hope we wont have to wait as long as we did for the 2nd season lmao.
Jan 22, 2022 12:00 PM

Dec 2015
i'm still trying to figure out

that part of the episode makes absolutely no sense to me.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 22, 2022 12:14 PM
Jan 2018
Great season, World Trigger is such a gem. Loved season 1, but season 2 and 3 were such a leap in quality. Will miss it for sure. I'm not up-to-date with the manga at all. So is there not enough material for another season?
Jan 22, 2022 12:19 PM

Apr 2020
I never expected this to be one of my favorite anime to watch weekly. 8/10
The last 2 episodes are movie quality.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jan 22, 2022 12:21 PM
Apr 2014
Finally! Tamakoma-2 gets the golden ticket for their away mission that they have worked so hard for. One step closer to look for the missing person(s) that Osamu and Chika were looking for.

Loved the character development and strategies that occurred during this season. Hopefully Chika can snipe like a pro and Osamu can came up with even better strategies in the future. Can't wai1
Jan 22, 2022 12:22 PM

Nov 2016
Oh boy, what a great pay-off finale.

8,5/10

But sadly we won't see S4 any time soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2022 12:25 PM

Nov 2013
KiliianSleipnir said:

She can't bail out with him so close.
Her shield can still break if he shoots her enough.
Her team already got what they wanted; they're now ranked #2 and this is the final match so no rank changes will affect them.
Jan 22, 2022 12:28 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
"To Be Continued..." I really hope it does continue, even if it takes a few years for the manga to have enough material for another season.

So Tamakoma really went beyond all expectations in this fight and really outthought Ninomiya every step of the way. Having Chika hide her ability to shoot fatal shots until the last minute and Mikumo hiding his tracking hound until the last minute. It was all planned beuatifully. They deserved the win and hopefully their path forward to the away mission will work out as well.

KiliianSleipnir said:

Jan 22, 2022 12:28 PM
Oct 2016
KiliianSleipnir said:

It’s because she was shocked after her first intentional kill. Look at how confused she was after the compliment, she couldn’t think straight nor put up a fight
Jan 22, 2022 12:38 PM
May 2021
This is exactly what I've been waiting for since Winter 2021. Great episode, wonderful animation and big-ups to Chika.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 22, 2022 12:43 PM
Jan 2013
SofM said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

It’s because she was shocked after her first intentional kill. Look at how confused she was after the compliment, she couldn’t think straight nor put up a fight

I agree, could be a post-adrenaline rush. Like after a speech in front of 100 strangers for the first time.

Jan 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Oct 2014
What an intense and awesome ending for the Rank Wars arc. The final moments of this match are one of the heights of the series and Osamu's concealed Hound shows the unique growth of his character; he isn't a generic shounen MC who defeats his opponents with random power-ups and asspulls, instead he has to use creative tactics and unconventional methods to lead, support, and contribute to his squad in his own way, making up for his weaknesses.

Chika's regular bullet and character development was nice to see as well, even though a part of her was still hesitating earlier in the match, she was finally able to overcome her fears to save one of her teammates from a situation that could cause their death in a real battlefield.

World Trigger is a well written and great series that avoids the stupidity and failures of the typical battle shounen, with characters that behave like normal human beings instead of lunatics or walking tropes, a power system that has a lot of depth and established rules that aren't contradicted for the sake of the main characters, and battles that are based on teamwork and tactics, with Gunners/Shooters, Attackers, and Snipers each having their own role to play in a squad's planning and synergy, utilizing different loadouts and fighting styles to their advantage, while Operators work outside of combat to support their squad as a whole.

These last two seasons have been a huge improvement in terms of animation and pacing as well, avoiding the problems that S1 had in this regard.

There are still some personal issues that I have with it, but this series has managed to be something special with its beautifully executed narrative, and stands as one of my favorites in the medium.
AdatiusJan 22, 2022 12:49 PM
Jan 22, 2022 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
Attagirl, Chika!
The character development she went through those two season was truly a sight to behold.
World Trigger is so damn underrated I can't even put it into words!
I want 4th season! I want it now!

At least we had "To be continued" at the end, so there's that, but I just can't wait.

Jan 22, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
good replies folks, thanks for your input! that's alot of ideas i didn't think of! ;) i won't go and quote/name tag you all for the thanks. :D

oh, i stuck all that in for spoilers because, well, spoilers! :> just because an episode has aired on one pirate site doesn't mean it's out there for everybody to see just yet. i know i watched this ep on one site and the other one i regularly use didn't have it.

so JIC i covered it up to protect those who go scrolling through comments ON that episode before they had the chance to watch it. :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 22, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2022
pretty good finale. its nice to see the to be continued at the end even if it'll take a couple years
Jan 22, 2022 1:09 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Honestly depending on the authors health my guy has been struggling with some stuff for a while now if only the gods could bless this man with good health so he can come back to weekly manga release, but nevertheless a season 4 would be cool i feel like world trigger has the best power system like its fair and anybody can be op depending on how they train use ther head etc it even goes deep into details etc which most other shounen doesn't

Jan 22, 2022 1:12 PM

Jun 2019
What a fucking phenomenal final episode. It was like I was rooting for a sports team and everything was explained perfectly. World Trigger has become one of my favorite anime after this.
Jan 22, 2022 1:15 PM

Mar 2017
Ahhhh, this is everything I wanted and more! It feels so rewarding to finally, finally see this all animated! The scene where Osamu and Karasuma go “We win.” and everything that happened right after felt just as hyped as when it happened in the manga for me!

It’ll be awhile until we get season four, but I’ll always wait patiently for this series because it’s one of my absolute favorites.
Jan 22, 2022 1:16 PM
Mar 2021
Waiting for 4th season now
Jan 22, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2018
Man what a finale, i didn't want it to end but at least we got a "To be continued", even if it takes years. The last two episodes were amazing. I will read the manga.
Jan 22, 2022 1:28 PM

Sep 2018
Such a great series, I hope we get many more seasons of this show. IMO, this is peak battle shounen
Jan 22, 2022 1:42 PM

Feb 2016
That was one hell of a season conclusion, that was insane! I can't wait for them to announce another season, but for now I guess I'll stick to the "To be continued" that was shown at the end. Hopefully Toei maintains the single/split cour in order to maintain quality.

StregAnna77 said:
It would be great if WT were a long-running series, with weekly episodes

For the love of everything that is good, Don't ever think of wanting this as a long running series again, this works better as a single/split cour format, as it makes this anime have better animation overall and better paced, there's also not enough material to keep a long running series, they would have to make more filler.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 22, 2022 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
This season started off a bit slow but ended up on a fantastic note. Another battle worth waiting for even with the delay.

By to be continued, I assume there will be more episodes in the future but obviously, they're not ready to announce seaosn 4 yet. Hopefully someday. 7/10 for me.
Jan 22, 2022 2:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course Tamakoma-2 had to win the match, but it was great for a final, especially regarding Osamu and Chika for their development throughout the season, the animation was also impressive these recent episodes, now I'm waiting for the next season but I'm not disappointed at all by World Trigger recently.
Jan 22, 2022 2:51 PM
Nov 2020
AdolZeppeli said:

For the love of everything that is good, Don't ever think of wanting this as a long running series again, this works better as a single/split cour format, as it makes this anime have better animation overall and better paced, there's also not enough material to keep a long running series, they would have to make more filler.

Yes, yes I know XD it's just that I can't get enough of this show, but I love it as it is :)
Jan 22, 2022 2:53 PM

Apr 2020
"Don't be sad because it ended, be happy because it happened".

I just hope we get the sequel soon, I can't wait to have more World Trigger in my life.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 22, 2022 3:59 PM

Jul 2020
What a finale! I definitely need to catch up with the manga at some point...

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 22, 2022 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
Got goosebumped again when Osamu pulled his 900 IQ move, that shit was so satisfying after how long its been since his loss so many matches ago. Perfectly adapted and just as satifying if not more than the manga.

These past 2 seasons have been a delight, the only thing I hate about them is it just makes me realize how much more popular the series could of been if it had a similar treatment from the beginning and how good some stuff in the invasions arc and early rank wars could have been.

triplepsycho said:

Well you can easily do so since theres only like 20 some chapters.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 2022 6:03 PM
Apr 2021
It's worth it the animation the plot it's worth it to watch this anime
Jan 22, 2022 6:05 PM

Feb 2014
They really did not disappoint with the final showdown. This was the perfect moment Tamakoma-2 upped their game with Chika overcoming her powers.

Hope they announce the new season soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 22, 2022 6:10 PM

Oct 2017
In the end Tamakoma-2 won and got their second place. Chika did great at the end there. Their winning shot was unpredictable too with Osamu's hound. Ninomiya got done in by Osamu at the end.

This was yet again a slow season but the last few episodes picked up the pace. The actions were good and so was the animation. There aren't many chapters left to adapt so s4 will have to wait for a few years but looking forward to it.
Jan 22, 2022 6:11 PM
Mar 2013
First time i post here just to say that I love this manga/anime a lot. I'll miss it in my weekends Who knows when it will be back? Not so many good anime nowadays... Now there is only dragon quest and one piece for me. :/
Jan 22, 2022 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
Ugh now the wait begins. I forgot this was the last episode.

Ossamu and Chika both had something up their sleeves!
Jan 22, 2022 6:14 PM
Sep 2015
Great improvement from season 1 to 2/3 in the animation.

Overall good series.

Now we have to wait like 2 to 4 years to see another season.

7.5/10
Jan 22, 2022 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
MaeveTheDrake said:
After years of waiting for this moment to be animated, I can finally rest. This was glorious

The Ibis shot was fucking awesome.
Jan 22, 2022 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
holy shit....

that ibis shot was kewl!

alongside hiding hound. finally mikumo became star in this last match of B-rank wars

hoping s4 come out soon <3
Jan 22, 2022 6:20 PM

Nov 2010
Gathering in one place where you can be seen without any covering from afar seems absurd, since Chika has the super power to crush everything including buildings and shields in a bombardment.

It is also unlikely to send all the team members who are working as Ninomiya's shields to Chika. It seems a forced plot to impose him a weak point.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the next season.
Jan 22, 2022 6:39 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was fantastic! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Season 4 can't come soon enough (Hopefully)
Jan 22, 2022 6:55 PM

Jul 2020
JizzyHitler said:
Got goosebumped again when Osamu pulled his 900 IQ move, that shit was so satisfying after how long its been since his loss so many matches ago. Perfectly adapted and just as satifying if not more than the manga.

These past 2 seasons have been a delight, the only thing I hate about them is it just makes me realize how much more popular the series could of been if it had a similar treatment from the beginning and how good some stuff in the invasions arc and early rank wars could have been.

triplepsycho said:

Well you can easily do so since theres only like 20 some chapters.
Yeah, that's true, but I'm such a completionist that I won't feel satisfied unless I read from the beginning lol

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 22, 2022 7:42 PM

Aug 2019
damn this was definitely worth while, sucks to hear the manga isn’t that far ahead so I doubt there will be another season for a long time; but I’ll be waiting for it
Jan 22, 2022 7:45 PM
Jan 2018
I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people love World Trigger. These last two seasons really gave the people a lot to look forward to.

A special shout out to Akihiro Ota, who drew most of episode 13 and probably most of this episode as well. This guy definitely made January into something special for anime watchers.

This season gets a 9 out of 10 from me. It's definitely not season 2 level for me, but the rank 8 match more than made for the rest of the season, just as I knew it would.

Hopefully, Shueisha and Toei are soaking in all the love WorTri is receiving so that when there are enough chapters to make a great season, the wait won't be as long. Also Diasuke Asihara, take lots of breaks and be as healthy as possible. We are all waiting on those new manga chapters to see what happens next.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 16, 2021

35 by euls »»
May 21, 11:40 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

38 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 28, 3:32 AM

» New season wen??

jozel96 - Jun 29, 2023

8 by MasahiroKun »»
Mar 17, 9:36 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

30 by TheBHSP »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2022

54 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.