Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2022 9:37 AM
Apr 2020
HOLY SHIT, THE ANIMATORS WENT OFF WITH THIS ONE.
I couldn't even tell it was produced by Toei
Jan 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Yuuma didn't even hold back at all in the fight this episode. Stabbed right in the back.

To say the least, he's a prominent target to keep an eye on. We also got other tactical moves and analysis again from the background commentary. Definitely an episode worth waiting for if you're curious about how characters planned out for this fight.
Jan 8, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2012
Holy shit, the animation quality jumped up. It was already pretty good in previous episodes, but they kicked it up a notch here and we still only have one episode left for this season.
Jan 8, 2022 11:04 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
It looks like that one week break allowed the animators to spend extra time animating the heck out of this episode. It was a sakuga fest galore. Hopefully the next episode can also deliver some of that same quality.

Aside from the animation, the fights themselves were epic. Seriously though, that pinball move that Kuga came up with should be illegal for being so overpowered.

The matchup with Yuba and Ninomiya was short but sweet. Yuba came so close, but Ninomiya just outthought him by a tiny bit. They will explain probably next episode the full rundown of that matchup as well as Kuga's pinball technique with the grasshoppers, so I look forward to seeing the full explanations.

A lot happened this episode, especially since there was relatively more action and less explaining done this episode than in past episodes. Next week is the season finale, so hopefully it ends on a satisfactory note. Tamakoma technically doesn't even need to win the match. They just need two more points. It's now a three on three between the two remaining teams, so teamwork should be the major key to deciding the victor. Hopefully Tamakoma can get enough points to go on the away mission.
Jan 8, 2022 11:41 AM
Mar 2021
This is some of the BEST animation I've seen from this show
Jan 8, 2022 11:47 AM
Nov 2020
WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE!! Animation was top quality, the fights were epic 🤩 now I expect even more from animators for the next and final episode!
Jan 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
Loved Everything about this ep.
Actually, loved the whole season.
Only problem is this is the last tournament battle
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2022 12:00 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, just wow. What a spectacle, both with the fights and the animation. They really went all out with insane camera povs and animation. Honestly they need to redo season 1's canon story with the care of this season and make fights like this. That would be the most over the top comeback for the show that deserves it.
Jan 8, 2022 12:23 PM
Aug 2018
I don't see how Tamakoma can win considering the remaining opponent. Kuga is good but not that good to win under this condition.

By the way, since Tamakoma needs 3 points and point for surviving is 2 points, opponents can just bail out (just have to go away from Osamu).
Jan 8, 2022 12:32 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Rukodaime91 said:
I don't see how Tamakoma can win considering the remaining opponent. Kuga is good but not that good to win under this condition.

By the way, since Tamakoma needs 3 points and point for surviving is 2 points, opponents can just bail out (just have to go away from Osamu).
Tamakoma only needs two more points to go on the away mission. So if the other team bails out, Tamakoma still gets the points that they need.
Jan 8, 2022 12:33 PM

Jul 2020
What an amazing episode! Honestly, if the last episode is this good I just might bump my rating of S3 up to a 10/10.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 8, 2022 1:08 PM
Feb 2014
Damn damn damn. I was on the edge of my seat watching this episode dang.
Jan 8, 2022 1:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was definitely great and tense, only two teams remaining and Tamakoma are not far from having the required points!!
Jan 8, 2022 1:24 PM
Aug 2018
anime-prime said:
Rukodaime91 said:

Tamakoma only needs two more points to go on the away mission. So if the other team bails out, Tamakoma still gets the points that they need.

Yes, you're right, I forgot that Hyuse got one point in the prior episode.
Regarding the "3-on-3" fight, I don't really see how Tamakoma-2 could win.
Yuga should not be able to win against their captain.
Mikumo should not be able to win against any of the opponent... and he is alone against 3 of them.
Chika is the unreliable joker...
Unless Chika nuke one of the opponent or can reliably help support Mikumo/Yuga... they can not win.
That's probably why Hyuse told Chika she needed to protect Mikumo/Yuga. He knew there was no way they could win against the top team without her.
My prediction : Tamakoma-2 manage to earn two points, the other team win with their captain the only survivor.
Jan 8, 2022 2:20 PM
May 2020
They really said let’s use the remaining budget for the final fight! This episode was great! The animation was on point but also the camera placement.
Jan 8, 2022 2:41 PM
May 2021
This episode was amazing, the animation, the fights, and Kuga's pinball technique, everything about it was just amazing.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 8, 2022 3:38 PM

Jan 2022
episode did not disappoint, holy shit. its going to be rough for tamakoma 2 but i believe they will get two points, even if they lose
Jan 8, 2022 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit the animation fucking slapped with a good amount of those action sequences. Toei was flexing this week.
Jan 8, 2022 5:49 PM
Jan 2018
I guess this episode was the best argument for why some anime save their animation budget for when it counts. I still give the edge to season 2's better episodes animation wise, but this episode was just as great. WorTri really is going out with a bang. Stay tuned y'all, you won't believe the way this match shakes out in the end.
Jan 8, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, 25 minutes of pure sakuga! I don't remember an episode with such high quality animation that it has spanned almost an entire episode.

BTW, Yuba is so cool!
Jan 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Jun 2019
Looks like we got an episode where Toei tried on the fights. Great hype episode.
Jan 8, 2022 7:25 PM

Nov 2019
Damn that was intense, you know the animators pulled no punches when there is hair physics and epic running.
Kuga's new move was awesome not sure why he used it on Obishima of all people though.
Lets see if this time Tamakoma 2 vs Ninomiya squad goes better than the last.
Jan 8, 2022 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
Holyyy shit we really starting off the new years with some GOOD ASS ANIMATION MY GOD 👌✨ man this was a good ep!!
All these years of slaving watching the drag that was season 1 lead up to this moment and I'm so happy, like damn 😭
Jan 8, 2022 9:28 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, Toei stepping up their game for these final episodes and what a treat that is! Looking forward to more goodness next episode.

Tactics and intensity a notch up, as expected from the fight. Ninomiya-san doing the unthinkable and taking down Yuba-san within his impeccable range certainly makes things very interesting now. How fitting that it'll be Tamakoma v Ninomiya next up, I don't think Tamakoma will manage to outright beat them but here's to hoping they get the two essential points.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2022 9:32 PM

May 2015
Yuba running was so hype
Jan 8, 2022 9:59 PM

Dec 2013
GeekNewz said:
This is some of the BEST animation I've seen from this show

I KNOW!!! Man, it sucks that this show isn't getting the hype it deserves like other shonen. It's definitely bringing some much needed love to the animation for this great story.
Jan 8, 2022 10:23 PM

Jun 2016
Rukodaime91 said:
I don't really see how Tamakoma-2 could win.

They don't need to. Technically they could just split up, play hide and seek and run the timer.
Jan 8, 2022 10:41 PM

Nov 2013
Noumu said:
Rukodaime91 said:
I don't really see how Tamakoma-2 could win.

They don't need to. Technically they could just split up, play hide and seek and run the timer.
They don't need to win, true, but they still need to get at least 2 more points.
Jan 8, 2022 10:49 PM

Oct 2017
Leave it to Kuga to use his trigger in such a smart way. Ninomiya was a beast too.
Jan 8, 2022 10:53 PM
Mar 2021
this ep is literrally the best ep in WT since it was released so far
Jan 8, 2022 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
holy.....
this episode was intense!
lot of unexpected ends

I'm excited for finale next week <3

--

also, baited. hahaha
unfortunately Chika got KS-ed, hahaha

Jan 8, 2022 11:40 PM

Jun 2016
Botato said:
Noumu said:

They don't need to win, true, but they still need to get at least 2 more points.

Yes and every team that survives the round gets two survival points. Looking at the objective each team has Ninomiya squad has the clear disadvantage here as they are the only ones who actually want to fight / win the round. Tamakoma 2 just wants 2 more points to make the cut for the away missions so they could just do what Ninomiya Squad, Kageura Squad and Azuma Squad did in round 4 and let the timer run out and realistically Ninomiya Squad has nothing they could do about it as the map is rather big and all members of Tamakoma 2 have Bagworm and can just go hide in the sewers or something.
Jan 8, 2022 11:53 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Noumu said:
Botato said:

Yes and every team that survives the round gets two survival points. Looking at the objective each team has Ninomiya squad has the clear disadvantage here as they are the only ones who actually want to fight / win the round. Tamakoma 2 just wants 2 more points to make the cut for the away missions so they could just do what Ninomiya Squad, Kageura Squad and Azuma Squad did in round 4 and let the timer run out and realistically Ninomiya Squad has nothing they could do about it as the map is rather big and all members of Tamakoma 2 have Bagworm and can just go hide in the sewers or something.
Do survival points even get added if there's more than one team left? I don't recall that happening before where multiple teams got survival points.

To clarify, I do recall matches where there were multiple teams that survived, but I don't recall if both teams got survival points in those cases.

Edit: According to the wiki, in cases where the timer runs out with multiple teams still alive, nobody gets survival points.
anime-primeJan 9, 2022 12:05 AM
Jan 9, 2022 12:22 AM

Jun 2016
anime-prime said:
According to the wiki, in cases where the timer runs out with multiple teams still alive, nobody gets survival points.

You're right, looks like I stand corrected. Playing for time can be a valid tactic in actual combat so I assumed that the rank wars would take this into account.
Jan 9, 2022 12:25 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Noumu said:
anime-prime said:
According to the wiki, in cases where the timer runs out with multiple teams still alive, nobody gets survival points.

You're right, looks like I stand corrected. Playing for time can be a valid tactic in actual combat so I assumed that the rank wars would take this into account.
That's true, but when points are involved, that loophole could be very seriously manipulated with various motives by different teams. So i assume that Border foresaw that and that's why they added that stipulation.
Jan 9, 2022 12:55 AM

Feb 2014
Damn they really outdid themselves with the battle animations this episode. Next one is prolly gonna be lit too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 9, 2022 1:53 AM

Jul 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
Looks like we got an episode where Toei tried on the fights. Great hype episode.

The Yuba/Nino fight was fucking amazing.
Jan 9, 2022 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
Probably one of the best episode in the series, they really went all out with animation and so much unexpected stuff during the battles.

I also don't see Tamakoma-2 winning this, but I think they will get at least 1-2 points.

Also Chika is now terrifying too see. All that no stop nukes! She is definitely getting a lot of development.
ScarRufusJan 9, 2022 3:04 AM
Jan 9, 2022 3:46 AM

Mar 2017
'Fantastic' seems like the perfect word to describe this episode. Kept grinning from beginning to to the end of the episode.

Every single scene is downright amazing, especially the ones that involve Yuba (Yuba kick and Yuba vs Ninomiya). 5/5!
Jan 9, 2022 4:34 AM

Jun 2016
omg what the fuck with that epic battle between captain !!

so intense and insanely good !!
Jan 9, 2022 4:55 AM

May 2012
Am I watching a movie?!?!?!?

Wow, I had to stop eating midway as to not miss any awesome scenes in the entirety of the episode! It's been a while since I have seen this kind of glorious animation and fight scenes/angles again. Thank you WT animators! This should go down as one of the sickest battle episodes in anime history. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for this same level of animation in the finale.
Jan 9, 2022 5:29 AM
Feb 2021
Best episode of the season
Jan 9, 2022 6:43 AM
Mar 2013
Dasman said:
Wow, just wow. What a spectacle, both with the fights and the animation. They really went all out with insane camera povs and animation. Honestly they need to redo season 1's canon story with the care of this season and make fights like this. That would be the most over the top comeback for the show that deserves it.

Honestly I doubt they are going to remake it but holy molly that would be awesome to watch.

Wow! I was taken completely aback in the best way possible because of how good this episode was! I only wish for the last episode to be of similar quality, otherwise it would've been somewhat underwhelming to see a change for worse (although I get it that they don't have this kind of a break to polish it to perfection anymore).

Looking forward to next week!
Jan 9, 2022 12:42 PM
Apr 2021
Ginpin said:
Damn that was intense, you know the animators pulled no punches when there is hair physics and epic running.
Kuga's new move was awesome not sure why he used it on Obishima of all people though.

Not gonna lie he probably has a bit of a crush on her. I bet he did it to try and impress her. It would be some interesting plot development if that happened, but i doubt that would actually happen
Jan 9, 2022 2:11 PM
Mar 2014
Fantastic episode overall. They really went all out. Yuma's new move with grasshopper and scorpion is quite crazy honestly. I'm excited to see how the finale concludes. I have a hard time seeing Ninomiya go down, but honestly, if anyone can do it, it's definitely Tamakoma-2. We see Chika starting to be more confident and slowly pushing herself to adjust her old mindset. Ideally, Tamakoma-2 beats Ninomiya squad and just barely survives because that will be the signal that Tamakoma-2 has finally "arrived".

On a more realistic note, chances are Tamakoma-2 will get wiped out, but not before grabbing 2 points off Tsuji and the other guy, leaving Ninomiya to grab the survival points, but for Tamakoma-2 to get enough to be able to go on the mission. Exciting stuff all around, and let's hope that Osamu comes up with a great plan to get them the points they need!
Jan 9, 2022 2:48 PM
Jul 2020
This episode was out of this world!

The animation quality, the tension, the strategy. Just, wow.

I don't see Tamakoma-2 taking it and getting on the away mission, but I do see them putting up a decent fight for the final episode of the season.

I feel like Tamakoma-2 needs a little bit of time to refine themselves a bit more before being suitable for the away squad but the progress they have made in this season is phenomenal.

The only way I can see them taking this is if Chika surprises us all.

Either way, super hyped for the last episode of this season!
Jan 9, 2022 8:05 PM
Apr 2021
The animation was amazing bro. If we get this kind of animation a bit more consistent for the next eps or season it will probably be up there
Jan 11, 2022 12:30 AM
May 2020
I love world trigger and Ngl I’m biased but god damn was the animation this episode amazing. The fights were amazing and I can’t lie this was prolly a top 5 world trigger episode all time. Everything was so fluid I was on the edge. I don’t understand why more ppl don’t kno abt world trigger and give it its respect

Splatbruh said:
Ginpin said:

Not gonna lie he probably has a bit of a crush on her. I bet he did it to try and impress her. It would be some interesting plot development if that happened, but i doubt that would actually happen
nah they briefly explained but a veteran wouldn’t fall for the trick so easily Yuma needed to do it on her so that he could test it out in battle

mooshretar said:
This episode was out of this world!

The animation quality, the tension, the strategy. Just, wow.

I don't see Tamakoma-2 taking it and getting on the away mission, but I do see them putting up a decent fight for the final episode of the season.

I feel like Tamakoma-2 needs a little bit of time to refine themselves a bit more before being suitable for the away squad but the progress they have made in this season is phenomenal.

The only way I can see them taking this is if Chika surprises us all.

Either way, super hyped for the last episode of this season!
tamakoma needs just two points and with Yuma fully healthy and the other two attackers hurt tamakoma is gonna take this

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 11, 2022 7:29 AM
Jan 13, 2022 3:45 PM
Mar 2018
Really glad they put the budget into this final fight.

Everything was so smooth and pleasant to the eye, the fights felt like they lasted longer than just one episode.

One more episode left, and it has been more than one year since season 3 began, can't wait!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 16, 2021

35 by euls »»
May 21, 11:40 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

38 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 28, 3:32 AM

» New season wen??

jozel96 - Jun 29, 2023

8 by MasahiroKun »»
Mar 17, 9:36 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2022

104 by ArcCryptid »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

30 by TheBHSP »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.