Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this season finale follows more of Takano's side and I find it more realistic than some of the other episodes.

Satoko and Rika return again on their own agenda. Idk why but I had a chilling feeling when she was talking to Takano (in her nurse clothes). The Goddess entity Eua still play mind games with Satoko. Definitely one of the most mysterious character in this entire franchise when she granted those powers to her.

Memorable season overall.

Jul 2017
WOW MAN, Satoko really embraced the timeloop power that was given to her from Eua.

Takano is the 2nd person to get Satoko's recurring dream timeloop, and oh god, things only escalate from here on. Chronologically within Higurashi Gou, Takano's trouble with the Bloodhounds actually existed at the VERY BEGINNING before Onidamashi with the Hinamizawa Syndrome research "conspiracy theories" that both her and her grandfather have been fighting for years. Too bad that outside of Hinamizawa, all these are hearsay no matter how well the evidence may prove.

Considering that this is technically STILL Satokowashi, the rewinding reloops of Satoko to lure Rika into her "everlasting realm" of friendship doesn't stop there, OH NO. Getting the other victims like Takano done and dealt with their troubles, while hiding the absolute truth in her usual joker face demeanor. The usual Watanagashi Festival plays out as usual, while referring back to events from Episode 2, just now that it includes Satoko in the know-how.

But holy shit, Satoko would use this immaculate power to stop Rika from leaving Hinamizawa through the means of becoming Oyashiro-sama, such a yandere girl. And with the H173 drug acquired through countless timelooping means of a 8-digit passcode (what could those numbers mean: 13201234), we can only wait for Summer to get the affirmation of Satoko's rouse to trap Rika within Hinamizawa.

AND although this season is finished, the continuation of this story is with yet ANOTHER Higurashi timeline:
Higurashi Sotsu (卒), slated for Summer 2021.

https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1372577799907643397
KANLen09Mar 18, 2021 12:43 PM

Feb 2018
So it starts with a piece of world. Shōwa 58 19 Juni 1983, This begins with the world of Takano. I feel that the last episode is very strange, I mean they mentioned the last episode kai in the last episode? How do you take responsibility, so this is the execution for Takano. Eehhh...Shouldn't that gun have no bullets at the end of the Kai episode? Or am I forgetting something? Was in the ending Kai, Takano died? this is confusing, it would be better if I rewatch Kai. So it's only a matter of time regarding Takano's regarding his grandfather's research. Half of the time is now completely spent by Takano's plot, I'm curious about Satoko.

So it was a Oji-san give research letter to Takano, I was surprised that Takano was 34 years old. Tbh, I didn't get anything for this dialogue, lol. I feel that this dialogue is so hard. So Satoko wants to repeat another 100 years again? Nice password hack, xD... Reset and reset.So Rika managed to get the strange injection H173.

So it still continues in July? higurashi-sotsu

https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1372577799907643397
Mar 18, 2021 9:02 AM

Jan 2019
More than memorable, more than incredible. Higurashi Gou ends at a very good peak and with a better season than I imagined.
Mar 18, 2021 9:08 AM

Feb 2018
So this is the end of Yuri Psycho, come on .... I hope July will be more interesting, I can't wait for that. And also, I'm curious. How many times did Satoko have to repeat to open the suitcase? the number of trials of 8-digit numbers is only 100 million times, and it seems that it can be canceled if any number is enforced about 300 to 1 million times. So Satoko has to repeat that many times?
Mar 18, 2021 9:14 AM

Oct 2017
Satoko got high on time travel lol. Anyway the more she falls the more we'll see how great Rika was as she never faltered and gave in to despair.

Overall a decent addition to Higurashi. I thought this was gonna be a remake at the begining so this turning out to be a sequel was a surprise but the hype died down for me at some point. Thou I did enjoy this season quite a bit and I'm quite enjoying the direction it took.

Anyway see ya all in July, till then sayonara~
Mar 18, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
this was a pretty interesting episode and a decent finale, felt a bit anticlimactic at first but some nice development and stuff i guess for that takano girl. also, that ending though... wonder what satoko will do? think this season overall would be somewhere between 2-4 for me.
Mar 18, 2021 9:40 AM

May 2020
A good ending overall. Lets hope for a better Sotsu. Still... Nothing much out of the ordinary.

The lock thing is a bit silly but eh. Always happy to see more of Takano. I actually feel more bad for than Satoko to be honest. Praise be to Dr.Hifumi.
Mar 18, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode overall, and, as expected, this was more of a "Question Arc" situation.

Interesting reveals and confirmations with the whole Takano plot, and most amusingly, it seems that Ryukishi is putting some effort in making this truly approachable and comprehensible for newcomers with the major plot point revisiting.

Remains the question whether he will succeed in doing so or not when the Answer Arcs hit.

Cool episode, but as for Gou overall, it's impossible to judge it properly until I see the bigger picture in Sotsu.

Intriguing implications so far in.
Gou gets a ???/10, because it's virtually impossible to judge it as is, much like it was with Higurashi's first season back in the day, without Kai.

I'll make sure to give it a fairly good score on MAL so that it at least stays where it should, above 7, as it's overall good anyway.
Mar 18, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, so Satoko really did steal the vials and directly caused all the Damashi arc tragedies herself. I kept thinking that just maybe somehow, it wouldn't be her direct fault.

Wonder how many arcs it will take to catch us back up to end of Nekodamashi.
Mar 18, 2021 9:53 AM

May 2020
Expecting more Shion in Sotsu. Satokos big sis has suprisingly been absent for most of Gou.

Its more or less clear that Eua is playing Satoko and manipulating her. Considering if Eua is Featherine she probably wants the cat as her price not Satoko.

Nothing much in 24 to speculate or discuss on. Were there any interesting details other than the locked drug?
Mar 18, 2021 10:00 AM
Apr 2019
Good ending overall. Atleast the story would be continuing on July which is pretty exciting. Let's see if they will make Sotsu an interesting continuation.
Mar 18, 2021 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
Overall GOU is a pretty good one with a lot of new things we haven't seen before in the OG.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni SOTSU. here we goooo!!!!

Satoko is truly a yandere and with H173, she is the one behind and could control everything there.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 18, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2019
Well, decent ending to Higurashi Gou. Satoko has acquired HInamizawa Syndrome syringes (?). Looks like next season will be fun.

Overall pretty bad adaptation of the VN, the 2000's adaptation was a lot better, final satokowashi-hen was good, but the rest was meh. 3/10.

Mar 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
mlzu said:
Well, decent ending to Higurashi Gou. Satoko has acquired HInamizawa Syndrome syringes (?). Looks like next season will be fun.

Overall pretty bad adaptation of the VN, the 2000's adaptation was a lot better, final satokowashi-hen was good, but the rest was meh. 3/10.

It's clearly a sequel and not an adaptation.
Mar 18, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2019
Danpmss said:
mlzu said:

Bad sequel then I guess lol

Mar 18, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 2020
Am I the only who thinks Satoko has become a yandere 🤨🤨
Mar 18, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Man I’m so sad to see this end, it’s been such a fun journey. I’ve said it multiple times, but I’ll say it again. I think passione did a better job with this than Deen ever did and I thoroughly enjoyed these episodes more than the original. The focus on Rikka and Satoko down the stretch was amazing and there’s so many possibilities that have now been set up thanks to this final arc. I can’t wait to see where the story goes from here. Satoko literally has everything in the palm of her hand.
Mar 18, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
mlzu said:
Danpmss said:

Bad sequel then I guess lol

In your opinion, sure.
As for me, this is still too early to judge.
Like judging the first Higurashi anime without Kai.
Mar 18, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2020
lmao still no shion

welp see y'all in sotsu
Mar 18, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
this was a good but a bit lack lusting episode.. but it kinda makes sense..
Tho.. i really hope we get to see K1 alot more in s2..
Mar 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
I still don't get this retarded finger snapping thing. Is that just symbolic and Satoko is actually killing herself each time or is it another convenient bullshit power that Satoko randomly gets because she walked into a shed one time?
In either case, why doesn't she just know the code when she can apparently eavesdrop on any of the worlds to see things that neither her nor Rika originally saw?

But instead we're suppose to accept that she what, guessed an 8 digit combination by trial and error which would only take around 100 million tries.
I'm sure Satoko's mental fortitude was just that strong even though Rika almost went insane after a few thousand resets and the original story made a huge deal about a loopers mental state being worn down despite their physical bodies resetting.

If there's a single thing that characterizes this entire season, it's plot convenience.
Also asspulls and shitty character motivations. Just horrible writing all around.
At this point they should have made another fanservice season like Kira with the new visuals and it would have been preferable to this shit.

Feb 2012
Well, no proper ending for the story. It's a bit disappointing to have to wait for the next season, but I won't hold it against the series. Overall I thought this was a better anime than the originals, much better pacing. And they made Satoko an interesting character, which was great. Annoying, yes, but fun to watch. They cut a lot of the horror and paranoia elements, so people coming from the originals and expecting those to be still present might not be happy. This was more like a mystery/drama, maybe with a dash of psychological. This last arc especially was good, although the ending was a bit strange, as the story didn't progress much in the last two episodes and it just sort of fizzled out.

Nov 2008
A lot of Gou felt like it was just spinning its wheels and I really hate the blatant character assassination they pulled on Satoko. Like, this episode was just recapping stuff from the original and Satoko telling us things we already know. I know this isn't the ending but it's like they forgot that this season needed a climax of its own.

Mehhhhhhhh I'm not enthused, lads. I'll still watch Sotsu because I've been chained to this franchise for the past 15 years but my investment in this project just isn't there anymore.
Mar 18, 2021 10:52 AM

Mar 2019
So this was the season finale now....as someone who didn't watch the original anime years ago and never read about it, there are many questions left I guess...hopefully those can be answered in the next season...

Loop Loop and more loops..snap with your finger = one more try.

What will the future await us?!
Mar 18, 2021 10:52 AM
Jun 2013
Am I the only one who noticed Nomura-san and Featherine have the same voice?

I mean, it's another avatar of her like happened in Umineko?
Mar 18, 2021 10:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice focus with all these Takano elements but damn Satoko is sure handling things in a hardcore way, I really can't wait to see what will happen next but for that we have to wait for this summer, I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd season, even though Gou is not as good as the original anime or VN it was still great to see more Higurashi content, so I'm definitely happy it happened, great!
Mar 18, 2021 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
vegeta8639 said:

But instead we're suppose to accept that she what, guessed an 8 digit combination by trial and error which would only take around 100 million tries.

Consider the screen shows the error message after only typing one digit wrong, it would take much less tries actually.

And it only took 17 times, accruing to this tweet:
https://twitter.com/kila_megumi/status/1372591071591505922
Mar 18, 2021 10:57 AM
Dec 2018
vegeta8639 said:

ONly a max of 80 tries, since the brief case errors immediately if a number is not correct, which makes it eight one digit passcodes instead of one 8 digit pass code.
Mar 18, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2020
This is the worst Higurashi anime imo.
It's not bad just disappointing. 6/10 for me.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 18, 2021 11:00 AM
Dec 2018
Keirik said:
A lot of Gou felt like it was just spinning its wheels and I really hate the blatant character assassination they pulled on Satoko. Like, this episode was just recapping stuff from the original and Satoko telling us things we already know. I know this isn't the ending but it's like they forgot that this season needed a climax of its own.

Mehhhhhhhh I'm not enthused, lads. I'll still watch Sotsu because I've been chained to this franchise for the past 15 years but my investment in this project just isn't there anymore.

Just because you don't like what is going on with a character doesn't make it "character assassination" LOL
I mean if you want to get technical, Himatsubushi was a pretty luke warm final arc for the original 4 arcs of Higurashi.
Mar 18, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
Man, i can't even understand anything anymore.
Watching 24 episode, quite enjoyable because i already saw the og.
Next july, lets goo...
YES
Mar 18, 2021 11:01 AM
Dec 2018
Easily a 9/10 for Gou, but a true rating really can't be given until after Sotsu is finished. It would be like rating Higurashi without Kai.
Mar 18, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
24 minutes spent telling you stuff you already knew and you figured 10 episodes ago, nice finale. Half of Gou is literally waiting for stuff you know are going to happen to actually /happen/.

Overall, much like many other forced sequels to finished stories, the whole product was a disgrace to the original story and pretty much missed everything that made the original great. Largely one of the worst things ever written, there is nothing of value here. I guess the ED and OP were pretty kino, though it's hard to listen them without associating them with this clusterfuck...

Mar 18, 2021 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
jaw201 said:
Keirik said:

Just because you don't like what is going on with a character doesn't make it "character assassination" LOL
I mean if you want to get technical, Himatsubushi was a pretty luke warm final arc for the original 4 arcs of Higurashi.

Satoko immediately becoming a psychopathic killer hell bent on breaking her "best friend"'s spirit after all she went through for 100 years is a real jarring move to pull considering what kind of character she used to be. OG Satoko was annoying in a little sister kinda way, here I just straight up can't stand her. And while Himatsubushi was really boring it was also a stopgap release, an excuse Gou's finale does not have. Even then it still deepened the mystery of who Rika is and what she has to do with Hinamizawa's tragedies. Nothing new or interesting happened in this episode, unless you count a recap of Matsuribayashi's endgame as interesting.
Mar 18, 2021 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
I postponed the review that I was gonna write for Gou upon learning it had 30 eps since I still got time, but well, now I'm not gonna make it.

Nothing that we didn't already know of happened this ep, which is a ridiculous approach to a finale. We learn what happened in this world that swayed Takano who had such an iron will that she hasn't faltered for 100 fcking years in countless fragments, though I guess Hifumi's letter makes this more believable. I thought only people who were close to the loopers retained some aspect of their memories, that's how they explained away Teppei, but how does it justify Takano's then?

Finger snaps make a comeback this ep, and it's still cringy. But to be fair, Goutoko's whole existence is, so I'm not surprised.

All in all, a solid season of Re:Zero. 11/10 would watch again.
Mar 18, 2021 11:11 AM
Dec 2018
Keirik said:
jaw201 said:

Satoko immediately becoming a psychopathic killer hell bent on breaking her "best friend"'s spirit after all she went through for 100 years is a real jarring move to pull considering what kind of character she used to be. OG Satoko was annoying in a little sister kinda way, here I just straight up can't stand her. And while Himatsubushi was really boring it was also a stopgap release, an excuse Gou's finale does not have. Even then it still deepened the mystery of who Rika is and what she has to do with Hinamizawa's tragedies. Nothing new or interesting happened in this episode, unless you count a recap of Matsuribayashi's endgame as interesting.

This is an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But I will say this, being this mad over the direction of a character is unhealthy. Ryukishi made the characters, and he can do what ever the hell he damn well pleases even if it doesn't line up with the character you have in your head.
Mar 18, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
vegeta8639 said:

If there's a single thing that characterizes this entire season, it's plot convenience.
Also asspulls and shitty character motivations. Just horrible writing all around.
At this point they should have made another fanservice season like Kira with the new visuals and it would have been preferable to this shit.

This^, except the Kira part.

I wont bother repeating myself about the butchering of character and story.

The only thing this ep did for me was, AT LEAST, THANFULLY, confirm that Takano wasnt persuaded by some 9 year old.

But you are telling me that the only reason Rika was forced into a 100 year journey was because Takano didnt want to open a probably-non-existent-prior-to-Gou album that conveniently had a letter by her demented grandfather telling her to stop?

Why wasnt she and others affected by the loops when Rika was the only looper? Why was Keichi treated as special in the OG?

I was also wondering what bullshit way Satoko would be shown getting H173. I was wrong for expecting something better.

3/10.

Doubt Sotsu will change anything and even if it does, the execution of this season was bad anyway.
Mar 18, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
jaw201 said:
Keirik said:

This is an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But I will say this, being this mad over the direction of a character is unhealthy. Ryukishi made the characters, and he can do what ever the hell he damn well pleases even if it doesn't line up with the character you have in your head.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.
Mar 18, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly Satokowashi just destroyed Gou for me, it was just so bad, the St.lucia stuff is weirdly written idk why Ryu fucked it up like that. At least ep23&24 weren't that bad.
Tsukumo_YuumaMar 18, 2021 11:58 AM
Mar 18, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2019
Since Satoko's powers are different than Rika's, that deceived her to believe that the ruined kakeras never happen. She has the power to loop through the same kakera over an over again until she's satisfied with the result, that's how her "certainty" works. However, to travel to another kakera, she needs Rika's power instead.

About Gou entirely, honestly, I still feel the same, that it could've never existed in the first place. Both the pacing and quality is terrible. Really, it was doing well until maybe episode 3, but beyond that it was very cringe. I don't think it's entirely direction's fault, the script might be butchered and have holes as well. The og Higurashi had a lot of plot conveniences, but not at this level.

The first cour felt like a huge waste of time for old viewers, and it was never supposed to be newcomer friendly, so announcing it as a remake was a huge mess as well. At least 2/3 of the episodes end on a stupid cliffhanger manner that was really annoying. If you need to force a cliffhanger to keep people interested, I have news for you.

I ended up rating 3/10 around ep 20-21 because the fate was already decided. It was enough to keep me seeing how this would end up, progressively losing hype, but it was so cringe that I would never recommend someone to watch this.
Mar 18, 2021 11:40 AM

Sep 2019
First half of the season was meh for me but I really liked it after Satoko became the looper. I'm looking forward to July.
Mar 18, 2021 11:42 AM

Jan 2015
Kinda got bored during the first ~12 episodes. It really picked up in the second half

8.5/10
Mar 18, 2021 11:51 AM
Dec 2018
rafaelfserafim said:
Since Satoko's powers are different than Rika's, that deceived her to believe that the ruined kakeras never happen. She has the power to loop through the same kakera over an over again until she's satisfied with the result, that's how her "certainty" works. However, to travel to another kakera, she needs Rika's power instead.

About Gou entirely, honestly, I still feel the same, that it could've never existed in the first place. Both the pacing and quality is terrible. Really, it was doing well until maybe episode 3, but beyond that it was very cringe. I don't think it's entirely direction's fault, the script might be butchered and have holes as well. The og Higurashi had a lot of plot conveniences, but not at this level.

The first cour felt like a huge waste of time for old viewers, and it was never supposed to be newcomer friendly, so announcing it as a remake was a huge mess as well. At least 2/3 of the episodes end on a stupid cliffhanger manner that was really annoying. If you need to force a cliffhanger to keep people interested, I have news for you.

I ended up rating 3/10 around ep 20-21 because the fate was already decided. It was enough to keep me seeing how this would end up, progressively losing hype, but it was so cringe that I would never recommend someone to watch this.

I mean... It's not like anything matters since it's just one big brain in a jar simulation.
Mar 18, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2016
I like this but the shift in personality for satoko and a few things Rika did really are out of character. Well maybe there will be some explanation.
Mar 18, 2021 11:59 AM
Aug 2019
Well the ride was fun. Kinda weird to show half an episode of stuff we already knew but ig they had to refresh our brains or just didn t know what to put the first 10 mins but whatev. All in all it was an interesting season. Let's see how this will wrap up.

Nipah Looper vs Oh Ho Ho Looper

Mar 18, 2021 12:01 PM
Apr 2016
Damn... Despite watching the original anime back in the day I have really no clue what's the deal with that syndrome anymore... And it was a pretty big part of this episode, too.

I'm sure it really exists (and so Takano's grandad had to be right), but what is it's true origin? How can you get infected? By getting an injection or even naturally? What was the goal of that Nomura woman? I'm pretty sure Takano just went along with everything she said because she wanted her grandfather's theory to be proven correct, but what about the other people? Did the government intend to use this parasite specific to Himaizawa as a bio-weapon? And so they hired this Nomura, who in turn hired Yama Inu, to annihilate the entire village as a test?
JanPriMar 18, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 18, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2020
the ending is definitely fruity
Mar 18, 2021 12:26 PM
Mar 2021
If there isn't tragedy, Rika can get out from Hinamizawa and go to St. Lucia. So Satoko makes the tragedy by herself. She will ruin all redemption moments into hell.

I will agree if she injects the vaccine to all students/teachers in St. Lucia rather than Hinamizawa villagers.
Mar 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
These timelines since Satoko took over keep confusing me xD, what at least became clear is how each time someone random developed the syndrome. Freaking Satoko, with every episode she gets further and further away from salvation. I said it last week and I'll say it again, I'd be sad and even pissed if I had watched the original series and years later they make a sequel turning Satoko evil.

There is also the fact of the finger snapping. I know that at this point she's pretty crazy but the finger snapping really implies that she's killing herself all those times?.....

I liked the focus on Takano. I obviously lack the knowledge of the original series but I liked seeing more of her and the way the constant loops affected her. I felt bad for her.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. I loved it, the original series had long been on my PTW list so thinking this would be a remake (like all of us) I thought it was a good opportunity to finally watch this series but... it ended up being a sequel xD. I have to say though that it was still perfectly enjoyable, for sure there are a lot of plot holes for a first time watcher and a lot of characters that you are left wanting to know more about but the mystery is so good that it keeps you hooked, not to mention our group of friends that I had a lot of fun with.

This 3 month break means it's finally time to watch the original series which will no doubt be quite an experience having watched the sequel first haha. My favorite characters were Mion and Satoko... dammit Satoko why are you making it hard for me :'(
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.