Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 19, 2020 11:59 AM
Mar 2018
Is that even a plane and f*cking pilot? What the heck!
as Disclosal I make animations.
as Sal Rama Risa I make oil paintings.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2020 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
my guess is Rath forget to reset the time acceleration level of the CPU clock of UnderWorld hence why they are close to technological singularity now with all the sci-fi stuff there
Sep 19, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
WTF Was with Ending.Meaningless Ending with just a planning of Next Season Fu!k.BtW Animation was stunning and next season confirm.
Sep 19, 2020 12:42 PM
Jan 2020
never have I laughed so hard in my entire life. What the hell did they do to you, blackswordman!?! It's giving me Darling in the Franxx vibes now
Sep 19, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2019
Darkfire647 said:
never have I laughed so hard in my entire life. What the hell did they do to you, blackswordman!?! It's giving me Darling in the Franxx vibes now

lol, i was not the only one who remembered Darling end.

KiriJesus from Outer Space!

Seriously, the die-hard-fans who always and ONLY take SAO very seriously, can not have a minute of reflection right now?
Sep 19, 2020 2:01 PM
Jun 2020
that space fight does make no sense at all they are in fucking space how can they breath reki kawahara is truly bad at story writing
Sep 19, 2020 2:18 PM
May 2018
"WTF" is definitely the word. I think the last two episodes focus way too much on preparing the after-Underworld. It would be good if they did it while wrapping up the current season.

In the end, I think this finale can't be taken seriously until we see what they do with it in the next seasons. Honestly, I like what they set up. But for now we know literally nothing about WHY they set up all that, so it's just random BS...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Sep 19, 2020 5:42 PM

Sep 2016
Rob7 said:
Seriously, the die-hard-fans who always and ONLY take SAO very seriously, can not have a minute of reflection right now?

Huh?
Time has passed. Technology was only a matter of time.
What did you expect? Them back to ooga booga stone age?
bruh
Sep 19, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2008
deg said:
my guess is Rath forget to reset the time acceleration level of the CPU clock of UnderWorld hence why they are close to technological singularity now with all the sci-fi stuff there

No. It's the Underworld's technological advancement in the 200 years after the war ended while Asuna and Kirito were trapped.
Sep 19, 2020 6:20 PM
Apr 2018
I just dont understand why those two girls are still alive. Just alice sister was in frozen sleep. Everyone besides the knights should be dead by now...
Sep 19, 2020 6:28 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Oh I AM NOT SURPRISE. SPACE WAR MAKE SENSE! 200yr fast forward to become Gun Gale Online

For FGO, SAO's illustrator drew MHX and MHA for space war thing-> copied Kirito's dual wield swords
Now, SAO copy back the space concept.

Yuki_Mikoto said:
I just dont understand why those two girls are still alive. Just alice sister was in frozen sleep. Everyone besides the knights should be dead by now...

did you really watch the anime? They clearly had different names. So that open another possibility->Reincarnation
Fuwa_sanSep 19, 2020 6:58 PM
Sep 19, 2020 8:21 PM

Aug 2020
The ending is not that satisfying, but still okay.. personally i annoyed with spacecraft or robotic action in SAO, you know, the title said that itself "SWORD" so i just can't get it.

Enough for Kirito battling all the gunner and shooter with a sword, don't make Kirito also OP against alien or aircraft hahahah

But, whatever it is, i still on my interest with SAO

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2020 8:47 PM

May 2012
Well it could have been worse. They could have gone back to the Underworld where Kirito, Asuna and Alice have a threesome and they all live happily ever. Actually that sounds like a better ending....
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 19, 2020 9:25 PM

Jan 2016
Yuki_Mikoto said:
I heard it's not them, they are just the descendants of both Ronnie and Tiese.
Life is strange

Sep 19, 2020 10:02 PM
Aug 2017
Yes, it is their descendants.

And again, this problem stems from a lack of narrative. The Ronye and Tiese lookalikes had a long narration about just what Kirito and Asuna did, that led to the space age.
Sep 19, 2020 10:05 PM
Jun 2007
Oh gawd, I thought SAO chapter will close but...
Sep 19, 2020 10:21 PM
Jul 2017
CYCLOPSCORE said:

And again, this problem stems from a lack of narrative. The Ronye and Tiese lookalikes had a long narration about just what Kirito and Asuna did, that led to the space age.
But that dosnt explain how they even know Eugeo which dosnt makes sense
Sep 19, 2020 10:27 PM

Dec 2015
I stopped questioning the logic of this show a long time ago, and enjoy whatever there is left to enjoy (not a lot tbh)
Sep 19, 2020 10:29 PM

Aug 2017
It's calling human evolution with technology after many years, not so different to our real world and every sci-fi out there. Why are u surprised?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 19, 2020 10:32 PM

Apr 2016
lightXTC said:
Well it could have been worse. They could have gone back to the Underworld where Kirito, Asuna and Alice have a threesome and they all live happily ever. Actually that sounds like a better ending....
Dude, that seriously sounds waaaay better.
Dorsalplum0 said:
CYCLOPSCORE said:

It's SAO, it doesn't have to make sense. As long as we have OP Kirito going boom boom and pulling asspulls outta nowhere, we're all good.
Sep 19, 2020 10:45 PM
Aug 2017
That is just the adaptation’s issue. In the LN, it is never stated that they knew it was Eugeo. They just saw him, and could not help but shed happy tears.
Sep 19, 2020 10:55 PM
Jul 2017
CYCLOPSCORE said:
That is just the adaptation’s issue. In the LN, it is never stated that they knew it was Eugeo. They just saw him, and could not help but shed happy tears.
thats good to know but either way it goes its still left on a open note pretty appearent cause the series hasnt ended but the main plot coming to a conclusion it just seems bittersweet and didnt seem all that satisfying cause alot of things just didnt really add up
Sep 20, 2020 1:40 AM
May 2019
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
I stopped questioning the logic of this show a long time ago, and enjoy whatever there is left to enjoy (not a lot tbh)

Lmao I couldn't have said it better myself but with all the lead up I'd say the payoff was dull yet excessive at the same time.
Sep 20, 2020 3:51 AM
Sep 2008
When you find any wtf inconsistency or plot convenience just say this phrase:"It's not stupid, it's SAO" and then everything makes sense.
Sep 20, 2020 4:40 AM

Nov 2019
I don't get what's people's problems with the ending. It's the underworld where magic exists. So technological advancements with real worlders like Kirito and Asuna will be waaaaaaaay easier than the real world. In fact magic was helping them to breathe in space. Lmao.

I think "trashing on SAO is cool" mindset is still present.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Sep 20, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2015
We went from Sword art online to Gun art online and now to Space art online. From the things that happened in 2020, nothing amazes me anymore. Still i enjoyed it.
Sep 20, 2020 7:11 AM
May 2015
It's a big WTF for sure but isn't it obvious that it's due to technological enhancements? Anything can happen in 200 years, ya know. It just so happens that the people of Underworld somehow managed to develop a technology that advance in just 200 years, compared to irl humans.

Sep 20, 2020 8:12 AM
Feb 2019
The ending is stupid and tried to be ambiguous but for me it's another stupid mess like the sao season 2 electric boogaloo
Sep 20, 2020 8:27 AM
Feb 2015
Tbh, this season was boring af. Maybe not that much, but comparing to the first season and this one, it's like you see the sea and big lake, not the same, but there's water. I think SAO will be more boring in the future, because of story that they're giving to us... Space? Really? Where's the main topic? Where's connecting beetwen side stories? Can you develop characters more, or will you give us same shit since beggining of the Alicization?
I don't know, what they're thinking in this moment, but this anime's getting boring and more boring along with the next seasons.
Sep 20, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2017
I think the main problem isnt how there are spaceships which is pretty easy to explain but the fact that the girls are alive still or if they're descendants how they even know who kirito,alice, ect are
Sep 20, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
With this ending, I like to say, maybe road to Accel World, as it's a robotic at apocalypse world, so that maybe it's can turn Underworld in more future..who knows what Reki think..
Sep 20, 2020 10:45 AM
Apr 2020
For the God damn sake, it really disappoints me that kirito hasn't met his copy and they still didn't tell what happened in the 200 years in the underworld really suddenly you see space and spaceship-like sci-fi movie from where it has come🤨.
Also, teise and ronie had died already so how teise descent see eugeo?
Sep 20, 2020 10:46 AM

Feb 2018
I just don't get why they showed that message in the end "the story ends here". I mean WTF? What did they mean by it? If there's going to be a next season, then wtf was that?
Sep 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2020
Yeah, I was pretty confused too.
Sep 20, 2020 11:46 AM

Mar 2008
Wow...it's amazing how dumb this show can get. It was actually doing really well during much of the overall arc. It was pretty solid, fun, and mostly made sense.

But wow, once Kirito woke up we just went max speed into "wtf" territory constantly until the end here. The highlights of Kirito Jesus mode vs the anti-christ, effectively banishing his foes to the shadow realm, the mass murderer Kayaba getting a big hero moment, and all setting up SAO: Skynet with two utter psychos in Kayaba and 200 year Kirito set to meet up in the future. All tied up nicely with space wars.

Well...that is SAO for you. It can reach moments of awesomeness and crash like a meteor.
Sep 20, 2020 11:47 AM

Dec 2018
biswa290701 said:
I don't get what's people's problems with the ending. It's the underworld where magic exists. So technological advancements with real worlders like Kirito and Asuna will be waaaaaaaay easier than the real world. In fact magic was helping them to breathe in space. Lmao.

There is such a thing as suspension of disbelief. And not everyone will immediately believe that even with magic, the underworld is able to progress what is equivalent to probably 1500 years of human progression in only 200 years.
Sep 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Nov 2019
Natsu_dripneel said:
biswa290701 said:

There is such a thing as suspension of disbelief. And not everyone will immediately believe that even with magic, the underworld is able to progress what is equivalent to probably 1500 years of human progression in only 200 years.

The main thing is the underworld magic system is the incarnation system. The incarnation system allows people who have a complete grasp on it to control it like a lucid dream. That's the reason we saw so many asspulls in this part of Alicization. I agree that the anime didn't touch on it pretty well. And it even skipped the lore of the Star King and Star Queen who made it progress so far. But we'll probably get a gist of how the technology in the underworld works through incarnation in the next arc.

In the light novels, this part was basically called Prologue-III. Means that it's a prologue for the next arc.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Sep 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2016
Dorsalplum0 said:
CYCLOPSCORE said:

Reincarnation maybe.

Natsu_dripneel said:

Their world didn't have abrahamic religions like christianity plunging them in the Dark Ages and robbing them of all knowledge and technology, basically worsening life and setting us back millennia until we got the Enlightenment and started rising again, albeit slowly at 10% speed lol I Roman times, they were actually much more advanced than popular narrative lets on. More like 1800 minus gun powder. Now that there is the internet it is more difficult to hide and re-write history, since relics and stuff are going to pop up anywhere for serious researcher

Also, we don't really know if it's actually 200 years who have passed or if it's more. Even if they said 200 years initially before diving, it may have been more. Let's see it next season.
Sep 20, 2020 1:06 PM
Jun 2019
This is the messiest season so far. Wtf is even happening, just random action, random crying and random wtf.
Sep 20, 2020 1:19 PM
Apr 2018
Tamashii no iro wa, nani iro desu ka?

ASUNA & KIRITO will return. They are gonna return with their human child ; they already have a virtual one.

Thank you :)
Sep 20, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
ineser said:
Oh gawd, I thought SAO chapter will close but...
I also thought it was supposed to be the last part. That's why I ended watching at least 1/3 of the episodes of War of the underworld (and still achieved to get everything that needed to be understood). But boy, was I wrong.

Also, I've continiously heard people say "it was better in the LN" since at least season 2, but the more I hear about the LN, the more it seems like dumpster fire. SAO never achieved get close its season 1 quality (maybe except for the Asuna Arc in S2) and yet still achieve to dig further down.

Well the Novel actually explains how the Seed works, whiich in turn explains logically through world building how all the random/wtf moments in this season are possible. Just because the anime studio half hassed explain things, doesnt make the Novel bad, for a reason its been a 1º best seller multiple years... Its a great read, Reki writes pretty well.
Sep 21, 2020 5:58 AM

Apr 2019
I loved that ending, it brings a great sense of nostalgia. Certainly alicization is the best part of SAO for me, I will miss you, now just wait for Progressive, I hope it will be just as good.
Sep 21, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
Yes Kirito fights with swords no matter what the circumstances are. Guns, space lasers.
Sep 22, 2020 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
Snaita said:
Turtles_Hunter said:
I also thought it was supposed to be the last part. That's why I ended watching at least 1/3 of the episodes of War of the underworld (and still achieved to get everything that needed to be understood). But boy, was I wrong.

Also, I've continiously heard people say "it was better in the LN" since at least season 2, but the more I hear about the LN, the more it seems like dumpster fire. SAO never achieved get close its season 1 quality (maybe except for the Asuna Arc in S2) and yet still achieve to dig further down.

Well the Novel actually explains how the Seed works, whiich in turn explains logically through world building how all the random/wtf moments in this season are possible. Just because the anime studio half hassed explain things, doesnt make the Novel bad, for a reason its been a 1º best seller multiple years... Its a great read, Reki writes pretty well.

Selling well doesn't make something good. Reki's a hack writer just like so many others before him.
Sep 23, 2020 3:50 AM

Aug 2016
Darkshinigami12 said:
For the God damn sake, it really disappoints me that kirito hasn't met his copy and they still didn't tell what happened in the 200 years in the underworld really suddenly you see space and spaceship-like sci-fi movie from where it has come🤨.
Also, teise and ronie had died already so how teise descent see eugeo?

It wouldn't be explained in this season. There's a spin off telling the story of kirito and asuna spending 200 years in underworld and our MC is the one contributing a lot on how there's spaceships there (he's the developer).

For Tiese and Ronie, their descendants DID NOT remember about them, it's just their emotion that made them "feel" like they know them (which implies the two are the reincarnation of their ancestors) but no, they have no memories of kirito and the others, neither their names (for Alice part, it's because she's a very famous historical figure so they knew about her but not personally, the same with Kirito and Asuna.)
whiters99Sep 23, 2020 3:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 11:06 AM

Dec 2019
I need HELP!

Can someone please help me understand if there's going to be released an next season?
I'm not talking about SAO Progressive, since it seems that this isn't going to be an sequencial season for the Alicization seasons.

When do you think that this sequence will be released?

A quick question for the manga readers: Does the story continue or this is the end of the Alicizarion seasons?

*Joke
*The next season name was officially released today... It's going to be called "Star Wars Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 3nd Season"
Sep 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Jul 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Snaita said:

Having an explanation to a WTF moment doesn't make it less WTF.
having not read LN and spouting BS because anime onlies tells you is much WTF moment.
chriskor022Sep 24, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 24, 2020 1:23 PM

Aug 2020
Darkfire647 said:

Not as hard as I laughed when that Sugo or whoever guy started virtually molesting Asuna and everything after that, back in the 2nd half of season 1 lol.
Keep scrolling
Sep 24, 2020 10:29 PM

Jul 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Snaita said:

Selling well doesn't make something good. Reki's a hack writer just like so many others before him.
youre correct with your statement, it means that selling not well is making the series pretty much bad?
chriskor022Sep 24, 2020 10:32 PM

Sep 25, 2020 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
Snaita said:

Having an explanation to a WTF moment doesn't make it less WTF.

Well it does... if things are well explained and then the actuall event occurs it will no longer be a wtf scenario since you can logically explain it.
You like ToG right, take it has an example. So much people confused with the anime story, meanwhile the Webtoon explains it way better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.