Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 3:59 PM

Jan 2018
So Ruby and Hikaru conversation continues but Akane intervened just at the right time and took Ruby away from there. Akane was keeping an eye on Hikaru? And looks like the shooting progressed up until Ai's death scene.

New Jump+ illustration-
ARK-13Apr 24, 8:12 AM
Apr 23, 8:48 AM

Oct 2021
Is there English release already?
Apr 23, 12:43 PM
Apr 2019
1. Ruby doesnt recognize that hikaru is her father, even hikaru almost looks same as Aqua. Also yapping about her BS dream in front of her mother and sensei killer. Is the author really makes her this retarrd?
2. Akane and Nino used instant transmission to teleport and make it anticlimactic
3. Skipped and skippped and skipped and skipped the movie scene and the movie arc is over.

The author really makes the movie arc to be this hyped with the first 10 chapter in the beginning of manga with the cast interview and turn it to be the worst arc in Onk. Instead give it answer with the movie scene, they rather skips it and focussing the unnecessary incest part. The only good think about this arc is when ruby tried to learned about Ai with Kana help while Kana tried to be a bad guy and the secret behind AiKamiki relationship. What a disappoinment 40 chapter arc
IndExx02Apr 23, 12:57 PM
Apr 24, 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
Akane please be safe, please. That Ai death scene again, fuck.
Apr 24, 8:07 AM

Nov 2017
ok, so Ruby didn't Realize that the Gentleman she talked to is Her Father huh, kinda weird since Aqua is 99% have similliar Face to Kamiki, and thank god Akane come, that make Ruby live for another day lmao. anddd we've to wait for the next chapter in 2 weeks lol
Apr 24, 8:30 AM
Aug 2020
another great chapter

this girl act without thinking...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 24, 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
Hikaru is literally an aged up Aqua how did Ruby not make this connection 😭

Thank god Akane seemed to have been tailing them because she definitely just saved Rubys life. That’s my best girl 🙏

Looks like they finished the movie and now it’s on to a new arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 24, 9:20 AM
Jan 2024
Akane the GOAT saving Ruby…

And I kinda wish they would’ve looked more at the emotions Aqua and Ruby must have with the Ai death scene. Can’t have it all I guess.

Edit to add: I don’t like how akasaka’s trying to make Ruby overtly stupid. The last couple chspters seem kinda sloppy overall. It seems like Akasaka just wants to be done and get on with it atp.
OtakuTroglodyteApr 24, 9:34 AM
Apr 24, 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
How can kana even compete? More ships ? Get outta here. Common AKANE W.
Apr 24, 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
this was a surprise tbh, i thought ruby wouldve recognized him. a bit of a letdown seeing the movie arc skipped like that,but they couldve added more scenes from their early lives to spicen up some things. most authors definitely wouldve loved adding some more tidbits to their stories

and akane has a target. im still going for my prediction here. akane gets targeted, kana saves her, goes poof (im a kanaboy btw), ruby and aqua finally take down kamiki after a wild hikaru chase
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Apr 24, 1:37 PM

Oct 2023
Akane's been protecting Ruby all these times despite her jealousy. Best gurl in the series!
Apr 24, 2:21 PM
Oct 2020
Ruby was pretty dumb somehow not realizing who he was at all and even talking about her dreams etc. I mean you love your brother so much and you see no resemblance with this guy? Anyways Akane saving the day. Common Akane W. So plz don't kill her. Plz don't kill Akane.
Apr 24, 2:48 PM
Jun 2022
akane saved ruby's ass 💀
Apr 24, 6:54 PM
Mar 2024
Easily my favourite chapter of the whole manga. I will not be forgetting that one any time soon
Apr 24, 7:41 PM

Apr 2022
akane ftw and the arc comes to an end. kinda slow chapter though icl.
Apr 24, 8:51 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Oh Praise Pieyon thank you Akane.

Apr 24, 10:21 PM

Feb 2018
Damn, what was that guy about to do reaching out to Ruby like that? Akane appeared just in time lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 24, 10:23 PM

Mar 2022
akane with the clutch fr
Apr 25, 7:55 AM
Mar 2023
akane should work together with aqua instead of acting alone, otherwise she will end up dead
Apr 25, 8:49 AM

Oct 2018
Returned to this chapter simply because I heard Kamiki is back and boy, oh boy.

Ruby managed to break her own record and reach sub zero IQ just for sake of the plot, Akane once again showing that she's more of a plot device than a character, and Kamiki is still a cardboard villain that will off himself on his own terms. And seeing almost all the movie being speedrun on the last pages was like the icing on the crap cake, all the potential of Ruby having to reenact Ai's death (something that she never got to see) going down the drain, plus Goro being a character in the movie being absolutely ignored by the rest.

My only feelings right now is wanting to commit war crimes against the author and every single fanboy claiming that we should let the author cook.
No. Aka Akasaka cannot cook. The entire kitchen is ashes right now, and we are getting a new arc next month. HAH
Mobages are consuming me alive
Apr 25, 10:00 AM

Jan 2021
great chapter as usual. really liked hikaru and ruby character here, both were amazing. especially ruby.
her (and aqua) opinions about about hikaru unfortunate past haven't been really shown, but now ruby opinions
were brought to light, and her 'answer' to this dilemma is really well written and realistic.
for hikaru character and his motivations, i think they were also brought to light a bit. but still shrouded in mystery.

i am not really sure if the movie arc is officialy over, but it's surely the best arc in the series by far. i still think or rather hope that the next arc will be even better.

also seeing a lot of people complaining that ruby don't recognise hikaru, which yes if she doesn't will be at least weird. but she doesn't necceserily didn't recognize him. if she didn't had the slightest idea of who he is, then her talking to hikaru about her personal feelings about him and her dreams will also be weird. that she do, is a implication that she might actually knows his identity.
such conversations are regular cliche in fiction.

don't know if people just mindlessely hating on the series again or only capable of seeing things at face value.
CielordApr 25, 10:25 AM
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Apr 25, 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
Always happy to see more Akane. Kind of a slow chapter considering that it's Hikaru and Ruby interacting AND Ruby filming the Ai death scene. Was hoping that that would be more exciting/intense, but it was kind of boring for such a dramatic plot point.
Apr 26, 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
i think Ruby already know who was that 'gentleman' actually is, but she want to take the confrontation as silent as possible

thats why she mentioned "a guy that she really hated for a decades" in front of the said guy, even doing some talk-no-jutsu here, and declaring to him that she'll not losing to him and would take one step further than her mom (i interpret what was ruby said in here as "maybe you've done it with my mom, but not to me"). I got this idea based on what Hikaru said after Ruby : "Thats wonderful. There's no one brighter than you in this world right now."

and i think Ruby already know Akane following her, or maybe these whole event were her plan after all (or maybe she'd approached by Akane and agreed to do this plan of hers) to have a meeting wiith hikaru but keep stay on safety. Someone who already know aka usual sh*t should've realize this and not thinking one-dimensional like "Ah, this girl is totally retarded".
Apr 27, 5:16 PM

Dec 2021
Wow, they really hit us hard with that reenactment of the stabbing. Props to Akane for stepping up and getting in Kamiki's face, though.

I was curious if Aqua or the top management was monitoring Kamiki or had any measures to prevent him from disrupting production. Looks like no task is too challenging for OnK's top sleuth.

Apr 28, 9:16 PM
Mar 2015
once the movie is done things are going to get hot
Apr 28, 9:24 PM

Oct 2021
Akane knows, but Ruby doesn't realize? Or maybe she realizes who Hikaru Kamiki is but held her rage back. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ruby is such a dense character for not knowing the person whom she is speaking to. To reveal her dreams like that to a stranger is peak naiveté. Glad Akane-chan's here to sort things out. And, lo and behold! Nine-san is here tagging along with Kamiki! This chapter wraps the end of the film. Wonder what'll happen next? 🤔

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Apr 28, 10:22 PM

Aug 2018
That's what Ruby wants to do.
AKANE, THANKS FOR SHOWING UP.
The filming of the movie is over.
"The End of the Play"
The tenth arc begins.
Apr 29, 4:10 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to TKZmine
i think Ruby already know who was that 'gentleman' actually is, but she want to take the confrontation as silent as possible

thats why she mentioned "a guy that she really hated for a decades" in front of the said guy, even doing some talk-no-jutsu here, and declaring to him that she'll not losing to him and would take one step further than her mom (i interpret what was ruby said in here as "maybe you've done it with my mom, but not to me"). I got this idea based on what Hikaru said after Ruby : "Thats wonderful. There's no one brighter than you in this world right now."

and i think Ruby already know Akane following her, or maybe these whole event were her plan after all (or maybe she'd approached by Akane and agreed to do this plan of hers) to have a meeting wiith hikaru but keep stay on safety. Someone who already know aka usual sh*t should've realize this and not thinking one-dimensional like "Ah, this girl is totally retarded".
@TKZmine glad there is another person here who realize it.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 2, 2:18 PM
Nov 2016

Oshi no Ko is a fascinating series that offers a unique perspective on the idol industry and the complexities of fame and ambition. The characters are well-developed, and their struggles feel relatable despite the glamorous setting of the entertainment world. The series delves into themes such as identity, loyalty, and the price of success, which adds depth to the storyline and keeps readers engaged.

One aspect that stands out is how the series portrays the relationships between idols, fans, and industry insiders. It sheds light on the pressures and challenges faced by those in the spotlight, as well as the dynamics of fan culture and the sacrifices often required to achieve one's dreams.

I love itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
May 4, 11:33 AM
Nov 2020
Best manga I've read (The only manga I read) ,but it's actually good if you liked the show and want to know what happened
May 25, 10:39 PM

Feb 2019
Nice, Akane got Ruby away. She seems to know who he was. I hope nothing bad happens to any of them.

Beautiful cover illustration of Ai and Ruby ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 151 Discussion

ARK-13 - Today

6 by Ri-iel »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 10 Discussion

Primo_Itoko - Jul 1, 2020

32 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - May 20

66 by CQLLIST »»
Yesterday, 2:45 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 149 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 13

44 by Shikkakku »»
May 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 148 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 1

39 by Shikkakku »»
May 25, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.