Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
Aside from Muzan and Akaza, these 2 are cool. However...

Last season felt quite disappointing and mainly because of the villains and their fights and many of them do feel repetitive. They kinda feel like "Whack-a-Mole" sort of villains. You cut a head from here, it pops out somewhere else... you cut a head from here and pops up somewhere else in several variations but seems like the same.

Pot guy and Tiny dude (can't remember their names) felt the same with different designs and they're quite uninspired. Aside from few villains are somewhat different but can't help feel the majority are like that more or less. Daki Daki from the second season has an interesting design and she's quite a cute looking villain and that made her exceptional but I swear, that fight had a very similar feel to it in some form.

Worst part, the fights do feel forgettable, for the most part, and even though, they take the majority of the season, they are so uninspired and there isn't much room for story to develop.

I'm not sure I'm the only one who's thinking like that but what do you think?
Mar 23, 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Swordsmith Village was widely considered to be the weakest arc with lamest villains and it shows. U4 was basically a cartoon villain and U5 so inconsequential, that we didn't even get to see his backstory (nothing of value was lost), becusee he was no diffed by Muichiro with DS Mark just that hard.

BUT

Our patience will pay off in the endgame because THE best fights are yet to come.
I still have grievances, that

Hashira training will be mostly infodump, but the best content is yet to come.
PiromyslApr 12, 10:45 AM

Mar 23, 9:45 AM
Aug 2022
simonitro said:
Aside from Muzan and Akaza, these 2 are cool. However...

Last season felt quite disappointing and mainly because of the villains and their fights and many of them do feel repetitive. They kinda feel like "Whack-a-Mole" sort of villains. You cut a head from here, it pops out somewhere else... you cut a head from here and pops up somewhere else in several variations but seems like the same.

Pot guy and Tiny dude (can't remember their names) felt the same with different designs and they're quite uninspired. Aside from few villains are somewhat different but can't help feel the majority are like that more or less. Daki Daki from the second season has an interesting design and she's quite a cute looking villain and that made her exceptional but I swear, that fight had a very similar feel to it in some form.

Worst part, the fights do feel forgettable, for the most part, and even though, they take the majority of the season, they are so uninspired and there isn't much room for story to develop.

I'm not sure I'm the only one who's thinking like that but what do you think?

I mean that’s just with demons in general it’s the same formula you cut their head and they die.

But the upper ranks switch that formula up by having unique methods to how you behead them.

And fair enough if you think gyokko is forgettable i
Mean his ability is fish, like that’s gotta be one of the lamest abilities ever. But he was kinda just a throwaway demon to show the power of the mark.

As for Hantengu/Zohakuten I don’t think he’s fight was forgettable or at least his character, all forms of upper 4 had great designs each with unique personality traits and abilities.

But rest assured the last upper moons you’ll see won’t disappoint. The fight with upper moon one is regarded as the best fight in the entire story.

The douma fight and the Akaza fight are also incredible and all three of these fights will bring back that feeling of what the upper 6 fight brought for everyone. That “extreme difficulty feeling”

(Although hot take from me but I prefer the muzan fight)
Mar 23, 10:13 AM
Sep 2022
basically ur say "wah wah wah season 3 bad"
Mar 23, 11:42 AM
Jul 2021
Mr_Sai said:
basically ur say "wah wah wah season 3 bad"

what? you okay? they're literally just explaining why they didn't like the villains.
Mar 23, 3:27 PM
May 2022
Piromysl said:
Swordsmith Village was widely considered to be the weakest arc with lamest villains and it shows. U4 was basically a cartoon villain and U5 so inconsequential, that we didn't even get to see his backstory (nothing of value was lost), becusee he was no diffed by Muichiro with DS Mark just that hard.

BUT

Our patience will pay off in the wndgsmez because THE best fights are yet to come.

Has Tanjiro met Kokushibo in the Manga?
Mar 24, 10:51 AM

Jan 2021
I know there are plenty of complains regarding this season and it's true that these two Upper moon (4 and 5) were a big step down after akaza and Gyutaro/Daki were so hyped.
Anyways, just hold on for infinity castle arc. You haven't seen Upper 1 and 2 in action. Even akaza has a lot more to show. Muzan's final form has yet to be revealed. There is so much more that I can't say that it has a villans problem. We only have like one villan problem and that was Upper 5. Almost all other villans are interesting and powerful.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 24, 11:57 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to Dan_ALves
Piromysl said:

BUT

Our patience will pay off in the wndgsmez because THE best fights are yet to come.

Has Tanjiro met Kokushibo in the Manga?
@Dan_ALves I put that in spoiler tags for a reason.
To answer your question: Nope. Not once.

Mar 25, 5:52 AM
May 2022
Reply to Piromysl
@Dan_ALves I put that in spoiler tags for a reason.
To answer your question: Nope. Not once.
@Piromysl I figured that in the last arc, all the demons and hashiras would have met eachother. Not even then they meet?
Mar 25, 7:18 AM
Dec 2023
i don't know why people always criticizing the demon slayer's animation. Honestly, demon slayer has the best animation in the world and no anime comes near. So, instead of criticizing, just appreciate the people who are working hard to give us0fqQxFfSTNE amazing scenes to watch.
Modern And Future Worlds Learn Timeless Lessons From Ancient Tales | Anime Recap
Mar 26, 10:29 AM

Apr 2016
"repetitive", "uninspired" fights. That's rich coming from a One Piece fan when One Piece has the most boring fights for a shonen.

Demon Slayer season 3 was clearly focused on something different than the previous seasons, hence why it didn't put much emphasis on the villains. It would have been repetitive to just use the same formula as the previous seasons.

-Introduction to Love and Mist Hachiras
-Introduction to hachiras awakening
-Nezuko character development, chosing self-sacrifice to save people, which changes her into human, mirroring the birth of Muzan as a demon by killing
-A shift in the whole demon's war because of Nezuko

What would have been the point of having deep villains for this arc?
Mar 27, 4:53 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah it's always hilarious when Tanjiro is on the verge of vomiting his bowels and crying gastric juice, but then he picks an impressive power out of freaking nowhere and kill the oni guy with his index.

Mar 27, 2:55 PM

Jun 2020
All future villains are a lot more interesting tbh and to the point where I say Muzan will end up looking pretty boring compared to the rest.

One thing I hate is that almost
DumbMar 28, 9:43 AM

Mar 28, 6:54 AM

May 2021
To me this show jumped the shark with last season. It's nothing more than spectacle watch, story be damned. On a technical level last season dropped the ball a bit as well, it wasn't as good as previous seasons, but it's still a work of art and great choreography. But story is completely brain dead. It's always a thing they must do, then demons show up and fight that could fit into two episodes is stretched over 5 or more with frequently flashbacks, Tanjiro zoning out or some past reference flashing in front of his eyes. Rinse and repeat.

Am betting this season will be the same and for that reason I doubt I'll dedicate weekly time to watch it. Perhaps once it's all over.
Mar 28, 7:03 AM

Sep 2016
Douma is best villain of the show.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

229 by amlg »»
8 hours ago

» WTF with the eyes

peregrintuk - May 20

21 by deg »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Is this arc skippable?

CJustawaye - May 30

32 by Ridzaxster »»
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

120 by sakurasyinks »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

» Return of Hantengu

OroficB06 - May 28

9 by Wendysekai »»
May 31, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.