Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 29, 7:33 AM
Feb 2023
If they make dub version it gonna good.
Jan 29, 7:41 AM
Aug 2022
While I agree we need a dub I’m never gonna watch it in dub. I generally pick dub over sub but the characters in this show have such distinct and incredible voice actors I could never see them with another voice.

Especially Utena her va absolutely kills her role she’s incredible.

But a dub would be nice for all of the dub only enjoyers. But I’m never gonna watch it.
Jan 29, 7:44 AM
Feb 2023
Phantom_373 said:
While I agree we need a dub I’m never gonna watch it in dub. I generally pick dub over sub but the characters in this show have such distinct and incredible voice actors I could never see them with another voice.

Especially Utena her va absolutely kills her role she’s incredible.

But a dub would be nice for all of the dub only enjoyers. But I’m never gonna watch it.

im not the dub watcher but it will be good. btw you right about the utena voice .i really like her voice .
Jan 29, 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
I'm a dub watcher and I'll always pick dub over sub but to watch this in dub? Nah, I'll be uncomfortable ASF, mate. I enjoy the sub of this anime way more plus I love Utena's sub VA.
Jan 29, 7:58 AM

Sep 2016
I don't but if you need it, ok.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 29, 8:19 AM
Feb 2023
CheliosX said:
I'm a dub watcher and I'll always pick dub over sub but to watch this in dub? Nah, I'll be uncomfortable ASF, mate. I enjoy the sub of this anime way more plus I love Utena's sub VA.

yeah you right •-•√ . if they pick the wrong voice actor it gonna be funny 😐
Jan 29, 8:20 AM
Dec 2022
phowing_kk said:
CheliosX said:

yeah you right •-•√ . if they pick the wrong voice actor it gonna be funny 😐

Yup, truly funny.
Jan 29, 10:00 AM

Feb 2020
That would probably sound quite hilarious. :P
Jan 29, 1:37 PM
Jan 2021
my bad didn't mean to post this one
Jan 29, 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
Caktusking said:
d_r_doorway said:

I don't know why you wouldn't want more people to be able to enjoy something that you enjoy. it's a win win. something you're a fan of gets more fans, anime that gets more fans usually gets more seasons. you dont have to watch the dub yourself, but some people can't watch subs for various reasons, ADD, dyslexia, etc.

I love the Japanese version myself, but my wife can't watch subs. so if a show I like gets a dub, I can then watch it with her and that's a good thing.

this is new to me, could you explain or give me link that explains something about this?
I never knew someone can't watch sub because having symptoms.

add means difficulty paying attention to things and dyslexia means you have issues with words and letters staying in order (at least that's one way to describe it, obviously the words/letters aren't literally moving) so people with dyslexia tend to need to read slower and more carefully
Jan 29, 1:39 PM

Mar 2008
I doubt there is any VAs currently that could give the performance needed for such a show.

SoulessAnime said:
add means difficulty paying attention to things and dyslexia means you have issues with words and letters staying in order (at least that's one way to describe it, obviously the words/letters aren't literally moving) so people with dyslexia tend to need to read slower and more carefully

There is a font called Open Dyslexia created to be easier for dyslexics to read. I don't think it would be out of question for someone to be able to modify subs to use this font for themselves. Not sure if it would help them enough though.
Jan 29, 3:11 PM
Jan 2024
d_r_doorway said:
CARZOOt said:
We do not. (Character limit)

I don't know why you wouldn't want more people to be able to enjoy something that you enjoy. it's a win win. something you're a fan of gets more fans, anime that gets more fans usually gets more seasons. you dont have to watch the dub yourself, but some people can't watch subs for various reasons, ADD, dyslexia, etc.

I love the Japanese version myself, but my wife can't watch subs. so if a show I like gets a dub, I can then watch it with her and that's a good thing.

Hold on, mate are you sure you want to watch with her? I am pretty sure the moment she realise that her man likes to see 14yo girls getting "demolished" she might want to sign the divorce papers on the instant.
Jan 29, 4:07 PM
Nov 2019
phowing_kk said:

No that would ruin the show
Jan 29, 5:52 PM
May 2020
It’ll most likely get an English dub since it is on HIDIVE and it Licenses to Sentai. I’m enjoying it so far tho. But that one yellow girl from tres magia has the mouth of a sailor. It’ll be interesting who they cast to do her voice.
Jan 29, 10:29 PM
Feb 2023
DoctorBryce said:
phowing_kk said:

you are the normal one so far . because the other replies so long. btw you right it gonna be worst.
Jan 30, 8:19 AM

Oct 2023
Caktusking said:
d_r_doorway said:

this is new to me, could you explain or give me link that explains something about this?
I never knew someone can't watch sub because having symptoms.

cuz it's not true lol
Jan 30, 12:32 PM

Feb 2022
Germany gets German Dub this year from Animoon Publishing!
Jan 30, 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
>We need Dub version!!

No we don't
Jan 31, 10:23 AM
Jan 2019
I'll be tuning in if the series gets a dub. No doubt, I love the series when it premiered earlier this month.
Jan 31, 12:02 PM
Oct 2022
The series already has serious issues with subs, and now you want the "localizers" to dub in the lines now too? Did Dragon's Maid teach you nothing?
Jan 31, 12:04 PM
May 2011
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
The series already has serious issues with subs, and now you want the "localizers" to dub in the lines now too? Did Dragon's Maid teach you nothing?
@HyperlinkBlocked Luckily, you don't have to watch it dubbed OR subbed
Jan 31, 12:11 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@HyperlinkBlocked Luckily, you don't have to watch it dubbed OR subbed
@Fail_Man_X
Yeah, but unfortunately for most other people, that's not really an option.
Jan 31, 12:17 PM
May 2011
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Fail_Man_X
Yeah, but unfortunately for most other people, that's not really an option.
@HyperlinkBlocked If there are people who want it dubbed or don't mind the subs, that's their business.
Jan 31, 12:19 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@HyperlinkBlocked If there are people who want it dubbed or don't mind the subs, that's their business.
@Fail_Man_X

And if I want to call them dumb for encouraging hacks to butcher the source material, that's mine.
Jan 31, 12:52 PM
May 2011
@HyperlinkBlocked This adaptation has been "butchered" from episode 1, though. All anime (barring originals), at the very least, omit material from the source. I guess you want all anime to be cancelled.
Jan 31, 1:33 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@HyperlinkBlocked This adaptation has been "butchered" from episode 1, though. All anime (barring originals), at the very least, omit material from the source. I guess you want all anime to be cancelled.
@Fail_Man_X

Yeah, I'm not happy that they've been doing this since Episode 1. They should have hired someone who actually cared to let the audience know what the characters are saying, instead of having them quite literally make up 80% of the lines.
Jan 31, 10:09 PM

Feb 2021
DoctorBryce said:
No it wouldn't

Sid said:
>We need Dub version!!

No we don't
Yes we do!
Feb 1, 1:03 AM
Apr 2014
I don't feel like it should need to be said, but since nobody pointed it out and the thread is this deep. While I do not watch them I am not against dubs for people who watch dubs, however the English side of the industry pretty much refuse to do dubs for shows like this.
Feb 1, 2:30 AM

Oct 2019
English voice actors are way less willing to do erotic anime, so ecchi anime are relatively less likely to get dubs.

Sentai is pretty much the only ones who dub ecchi on a regular basis.

Funnily enough interspecies reviewers would have a dub if funimation didn't remove it, they had even already dubbed episode 1, you can still find it on some pirating sites.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 1, 2:46 AM

Jul 2015
English anime voice actors are prideful and arrogant, who care only about their public image (one of the main reasons why English dubs are bad in general) and do not really like their job, so it's very unlikely this one will be dubbed.
I mean, Interspecies Reviewers got only one episode dubbed, before they decided to do a research what the show is even about and pull the plug.

Feb 1, 6:28 PM

Feb 2021
Piromysl said:
English anime voice actors are prideful and arrogant, who care only about their public image (one of the main reasons why English dubs are bad in general) and do not really like their job, so it's very unlikely this one will be dubbed.
I mean, Interspecies Reviewers got only one episode dubbed, before they decided to do a research what the show is even about and pull the plug.
Good way of generalizing an entire group of people...

I'm sure guys like Billy Kametz, Austin Tindle, and Eric Vale are super prideful and arrogant....
Feb 3, 12:37 AM
May 2019
It would definitely match the manic hilarity of the Konosuba and Girlfriend, Girlfriend dubs which are God Tier 😆
Feb 3, 12:47 AM
May 2019
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl Sorry but you don't speak for all voice actors. I live in Houston (Home of Sentai Filmworks) and I know plenty of VA's who personally love the work they do. I even almost got into VA work a few years back. You are right that it's rare for extreme shows like this to get dubbed but there's always a small possibility depending on how successful it is. Even To Love Ru got dubbed 12 years after release, lol.
Feb 3, 12:49 AM
May 2019
Reply to MadanielFL
Piromysl said:
Good way of generalizing an entire group of people...

I'm sure guys like Billy Kametz, Austin Tindle, and Eric Vale are super prideful and arrogant....
@MadanielFL Thank you. Brittney Karbowski is one of the nicest people I've gotten to know over the oast few years. I even found out we were born in the same hospital one of the times I met her.
Feb 3, 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
@Piromysl Sorry but you don't speak for all voice actors. I live in Houston (Home of Sentai Filmworks) and I know plenty of VA's who personally love the work they do. I even almost got into VA work a few years back. You are right that it's rare for extreme shows like this to get dubbed but there's always a small possibility depending on how successful it is. Even To Love Ru got dubbed 12 years after release, lol.

I don't need to eat shit to know it tastes bad and English anime VA have bad reputation for a reason.
And you really want to tell is, that Britney Karbowski, who spearheaded slander campaign against Vic Mignogna is a good person?
PiromyslFeb 3, 11:34 AM

Feb 3, 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
I don't see a dub happening. We''ll be lucky to have Sentai release am uncensored version subbed.
Feb 3, 7:50 AM

Feb 2021
Piromysl said:
I don't need to eat shit to know it tastes bad and English anime VA have bad reputation for a reason.
The opinion of a Polish speaker judging English dubs, is the same as a French speaker judging Russian dubs, worthless.
Feb 3, 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
MadanielFL said:
Piromysl said:
The opinion of a Polish speaker judging English dubs, is the same as a French speaker judging Russian dubs, worthless.

I didn't asked, bro.

Feb 8, 9:13 AM

Sep 2018
wow, this one stirred up a hornets nest.

I have no opinion on the characters of English dub VAs, but absolutely can say that I almost universally dislike English dubs of Asian media (particularly Korean, Chinese and Japanese)

There is something about the pitch and cadence of the voices that just works with the material that English dub artists seem unable to match.

My suspicion is it's the lack of connection between the English VAs and the production of shows

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 12, 7:26 AM
Sep 2012
And ruin it with how shoddy localisers have been lately? No thank you.
It's already bad that translators include phrases like "that's sus" in the subbed version.
Feb 29, 10:12 PM

Sep 2020
Moat likely ain't going to happen. Far too "immoral" by western standards.

If liking lolicon makes me a pedo, not liking ecchi makes you a faggot
Mar 1, 7:19 AM
Feb 2023
Just read that it will be dubbed in Spanish, if we get Spanish dub I don't see any reason why not English as well.
Mar 1, 9:19 AM
Dec 2021
In order to kill another anime? No sir I’m fine with the best voice acting
Mar 2, 5:32 PM
Mar 2012
A dub of this would be fucking hilarious. Non-dub watchers can easily just ignore it.
Mar 6, 11:40 PM
Nov 2020
It's a possibility, I heard that a Latin distributor called "Anime Onegai" will be dubbing the series into Latin Spanish, so it's possible it will get an English dub in the future too.
Mar 7, 7:50 AM
Oct 2017
currently watching it subbed up to Episode 10. i wouldn't mind it dubbed to see how it would turn out, but the Sub is Perfect. i watch everything dubbed including dubs people hate (check my MAL with 0 dropped) i enjoyed almost all of them except of Kandagawa Jets Girls (the MC's fake accent was too bad after playing the Video Game).

That said... Who would be the best VA to portray Utena? trying to think. Maybe Alexis Tipton, her range between Crazy Psycho lusting over men to the dumb Kaguya speak. I know Cristina Vee could pull something off if she tries to go in the way of Darkness meats Kotori (Love Live). there might be a few others that could pull her off that are recent.
Mar 7, 7:52 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Berius129
Just read that it will be dubbed in Spanish, if we get Spanish dub I don't see any reason why not English as well.
@Berius129 We haven't gotten a lot of lewd Anime english dubs which got Spanish and Dutch dubs like Cafe Terrace.
Mar 7, 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
God I certainly hope they never dub it in any other language, learn to watch it in the prime form or get used to losing out.

Anime dubbing is the worst thing to happen to the industry. Too many casuals got in and complained, that's why we haven't had an overly sexual anime in a long time.

too many western people crying about lewd scenes.

More topics from this board

» any wholesome yuri in this one?

tragedydesu - May 24

20 by DX_impulse »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

136 by DazeFire »»
May 31, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

85 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

80 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:26 PM

» Curious about Venalita goals

AlexAnonim - May 25

2 by UnknownTwinkie »»
May 28, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.