Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 9:35 AM

Dec 2021
Lmao, this show is just so stupid with the whole "naked companionship" thing.

At the karaoke gathering for team building, Adachi found himself in trouble trying to help Fujisaki, a female colleague who was being harassed by a drunk person. Kurosawa came to Adachi's rescue, turning the tables on the situation. Adachi felt a sense of closeness to Kurosawa from the genuine feelings that were conveyed. Later, when invited by his junior Rokkaku with free sauna tickets, they headed to the destination only to find themselves unexpectedly engaged in a "naked companionship."

We just saw the exact moment when Kurosawa fell head over heels for Adachi, and it's getting tough for Kurosawa to keep those feelings in check. I was honestly a bit surprised to find out that Kurosawa had only dated women before. The scene where he realized he was falling for Adachi was just so cute. What's funny is how Adachi now wants to one-up Kurosawa, not realizing that it was his unintentional charm that got Kurosawa interested in the first place.

Adachi is getting to know his colleagues better, but it's happening in this weird, sort of awkward way...
IzanaSolosJan 24, 3:52 PM

Jan 24, 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
For Adachi, he hates social events...and has to put up with the new hire: Rokkaku, who's a bit of a playboy. Kurosawa, however, makes him give way so that he can sit next to Adachi, and also sing karaoke...which as expected, takes the department by tears and storm being the most popular person. In retrospect to Adachi, he feels neglected, as such with Fujisaki, who cares for everyone first, and someone whom Adachi would be interested in. But Fujisaki getting harassed by other workers, Adachi steps in, but Kurosawa does the work to earn his usual praise. However, hearing Kurosawa's thoughts, Adachi fels even more conflicted that he did not give any attention to him, which increases his anxiety.

The slight tummy sure has Kurosawa fantasizing about Adachi in the sauna, that's both hot in one way or another. But regardless, Kurosawa has always been blessed with good things coming his way, apart from his hard work. This is in comparison to Adachi who's the complete opposite of him, yet lives on the expectations of everyone having a pretty face. Yet, Adachi feels a tingling that Kurosawa can connect with, which the latter starts noticing the former, only for his love for him to grow more and more.

It's nice for Kurosawa to notice Adachi more. Go for the gay!
Jan 24, 10:01 AM

Apr 2022
I just noticed that the beginning of the OP sounds like "hi gay". Is it just me?
Jan 24, 11:45 AM
Aug 2020
it was not bad but it will be my last one

i tried but even if it's not bad,it's not for me...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 24, 12:41 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, I'd probably fall in love too if I was ever in a situation like that.

It's funny how down-to-earth this feels, even when Adachi has a literal supernatural ability. The backstory gave so much depth to Adachi's and Kurosawa's dynamic! The fact that neither of them have been in love with a man before surprised me, but in a good way. I feel like it brings a sort of fresh angle to the story.
Jan 24, 12:47 PM
Nov 2016
We finally saw exact moment Kurosawa fell in love with Adachi. That was so sweet!
it's getting harder for Kurosawa to hold back now that he is eperiencing his first true love. Also, the younger colleague is handsome too. I want him XD

Anyway, loving this seires, and it's probably one of the few anime where male characters have nipples lol
Jan 24, 1:06 PM
May 2021
kurosawa getting jealous over people being near adachi was so cute. and then him coming in to save adachi and the secretary. and the flashback to adachi helping kurosawa when he was drunk...they're both such sweethearts. i need them to confess Right Now. they deserve eachother so much.
My 2023 candies:
Jan 24, 2:15 PM

Jun 2023
Ehhh i need more! I want more! ㅠㅠ Adachi's reaction is very funny when Kurosawa sings ㅋㅋㅋ plz be together asap ㅜㅜ
Jan 24, 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Ok, so Adachi is bisexual, right? Because his behavior would be utterly stupid if he was straight.

Really hope he is bi, because Kurosawa would be so sad otherwise :(
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 24, 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
The Yamazaki whisky means she got at least she got taste in drinks and men as well.

Being handsome is nice, but as with many privileges in life it comes with it's own difficulties and expectations will usually be higher. Adachi however sees Kurosawa for who he really is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode!! Happy to-see Kurosawa’s perspective and their past!
Jan 24, 8:37 PM

Feb 2019
nice to know what's going on inside Kurosawa's head without Adachi needing to touch him to know what he's thinking about lol
Jan 24, 9:14 PM

Jan 2022
I was looking forward to another episode until I realized it came out today!! Super happy about that. Rokkaku's voice made me cringe so hard. Ngl I'm a little disappointed that Kurosawa wasn't tone deaf. I wish they translated the lyrics. Aww Kurosawa came to the rescue! Adachi finally realized that Kurosawa is cute and invited him to get ice cream ahhhh <3 does Kurosawa want Adachi to be a femboy? lol Kurosawa loves Adachi's tummy while Adachi thinks he should start working out. Duality of man. Daaamn, Adachi made Kurosawa blush the very first time Kurosawa realized he liked Adachi. But at that point did Adachi have the ability to read minds? When will we get to learn more about his power to read minds? I was a little confused at first when the bench scene and the party. I need more episodes!!!
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 25, 12:04 AM
Feb 2018
Reply to cooldogmom
I was looking forward to another episode until I realized it came out today!! Super happy about that. Rokkaku's voice made me cringe so hard. Ngl I'm a little disappointed that Kurosawa wasn't tone deaf. I wish they translated the lyrics. Aww Kurosawa came to the rescue! Adachi finally realized that Kurosawa is cute and invited him to get ice cream ahhhh <3 does Kurosawa want Adachi to be a femboy? lol Kurosawa loves Adachi's tummy while Adachi thinks he should start working out. Duality of man. Daaamn, Adachi made Kurosawa blush the very first time Kurosawa realized he liked Adachi. But at that point did Adachi have the ability to read minds? When will we get to learn more about his power to read minds? I was a little confused at first when the bench scene and the party. I need more episodes!!!
@cooldogmom No at the time Adachi didn't have the ability to read minds and he gained it when he turned 30 yrs old.
Jan 25, 1:01 AM

Dec 2022
for my first yaoi anime this not half bad i will watch it to the finish the three episode convinced me
Jan 25, 5:37 AM

Jan 2017
We had a glimpse of how Kurosawa fell in love with Adachi ❤️️
Jan 25, 7:36 AM

May 2011
So far so good. Having only watched the drama adaptation before this and not read the manga, I was confused by how the events unfolded so far, especially with Kurosawa's "this is how I fell for Adachi" part was already in episode 3 and not later on. Will be interesting to see how the rest of this series goes. I'm worried about how they're going to treat Fujisaki, though. They did her justice in the JP drama, did her VERY dirty in the TH adaptation of said drama, so now I'm just hoping that she gets more fleshed out than being flustered and shy like she was shown to be this week.
if you told me we were dreaming, i would pinch you to prove we're awake.

Jan 25, 8:01 AM

Feb 2011
i never thought i'd pick up a BL anime, but welp.

Their chemistry is oddly cute.

Jan 25, 10:17 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to cutygirl
@cooldogmom No at the time Adachi didn't have the ability to read minds and he gained it when he turned 30 yrs old.
@cutygirl thank you for clarifying that! It makes a lot more sense now :o)
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 25, 12:21 PM
Apr 2017
So FFING cute! I couldn't stop grinning!
Jan 25, 2:41 PM

Mar 2008
What a toxic work environment.

felixsifuri said:
I just noticed that the beginning of the OP sounds like "hi gay". Is it just me?

Lol mishearing it. It's "heikei" which means "dear"
https://www.animesonglyrics.com/30-sai-made-doutei-dato-mahoutsukai-ni-nareru-rashii/hajimete-wa-zenbu-kimi-ga-ii
Jan 25, 8:01 PM
Apr 2022
this time we get to read kurosawa's mind directly, it didn't cross my mind that becoming gay can be wholesome
Jan 25, 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
Not much to say, another good episode. It was nice to get most of the episode from Kurosawa's perspective this time. Didn't take much for him to fall in love with Adachi...

I do kinda wish the story didn't commit the annoying trope you see in most BL where the characters were 100% straight but fall in love with this one and only guy. Though I guess Kurosawa's sexuality isn't confirmed and he could be bi. Just making the assumption he's straight since he only has dated women.

Adachi seems to be 100% straight. idk why I'm getting so hung up on this, but I enjoy BL so much more when it's made clear that one or both of the characters is confirmed to be not straight from the get go..or at least questioning their sexuality instead of being like, "nope I'm 100% only into women" . Just feels more realistic....
Jan 26, 11:48 AM
Feb 2021
I like slice of life and BL anime and such. But I can`t really get into this one. I will still watch the episodes, but it`s not really special
Jan 26, 1:54 PM

Aug 2023
This episode had me on my toes I wont lie! The flashback scene confused me a little at first but then it clicked LOL. I cant believe Kurosawa was getting so jealous over those 2 coworkers, so silly! The backstory was fun but it felt a little like aw poor pretty privilege man but maybe it’s just me. Overall I am liking this show so far and am eagerly awaiting for next weeks episode!
Jan 26, 5:59 PM

Apr 2020
Am I the only one noticing the animation quality keeps changing every episode? Ep 1 had better quality than Ep 2, ep 2's animation was ORANGE quality it was so terrible. Ep 3 was on par with EP 1, just a tad bit cleaner. It's a small nitpick but I just noticed it.

Having read the manga eons ago (I don't plan on rebuying it :( ) I feel like they're doing it justice with the pace their going. It feels just like how I felt while reading the manga, pure fluff. The VA are a great pick too ^^ amidst the animation nitpick I'm still looking forward to it
“You can’t always hold on to the things that are important. By letting them go we gain something else.” – Kunio Yaobi
Jan 27, 8:01 AM

Jun 2021
Didn't expect Kurosawa to be Bi, thought he'd be 100% gay like most BL settings. Now that makes him jealous of both men and women nearing Adachi, poor dude :(
Jan 28, 5:10 AM
Mar 2012
It's so much fun, but also sweetness, I love this series.
Jan 28, 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to September
So far so good. Having only watched the drama adaptation before this and not read the manga, I was confused by how the events unfolded so far, especially with Kurosawa's "this is how I fell for Adachi" part was already in episode 3 and not later on. Will be interesting to see how the rest of this series goes. I'm worried about how they're going to treat Fujisaki, though. They did her justice in the JP drama, did her VERY dirty in the TH adaptation of said drama, so now I'm just hoping that she gets more fleshed out than being flustered and shy like she was shown to be this week.
@September There is a drama adaptation?!!?!? OMG I need to watch it now, is it good?
Jan 28, 11:39 AM
Jul 2019
This is my first BL show, I really am enjoying it. I love how relatable Adachi is, I am 29, so I can def relate to feeling like people won't like me because x, y, or z. And being awkward or never knowing what to do when O interact with someone I like. But it does make me cringe, imagining knowing someone likes you and knowing what they wanna do to you or think about you would freak me out. Like just knowing how someone feels about me makes me cringe in general. So hearing Yuichi talk about Adachi like that made me scream internally lol.

But I am confused if Adachi is bisexual or just likes Yuichi because of the attention Yuichi gives him since Adachi has very little romantic experience. Im curious if others wonder that too? I have never read the manga, so I am unsure if I am correct about that since I have only seen 3 episodes so far.

Jan 28, 11:58 AM

May 2011
Reply to Antisocialsempai
@September There is a drama adaptation?!!?!? OMG I need to watch it now, is it good?
@Antisocialsempai Yes! There was Japanese drama from 2020, and a Thai adaptation that started airing recently-ish. I haven't watched the Thai one but the JP drama is one of my fave comfort dramas. :P The JP version is on Crunchyroll at least. :>
if you told me we were dreaming, i would pinch you to prove we're awake.

Jan 28, 12:16 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to September
@Antisocialsempai Yes! There was Japanese drama from 2020, and a Thai adaptation that started airing recently-ish. I haven't watched the Thai one but the JP drama is one of my fave comfort dramas. :P The JP version is on Crunchyroll at least. :>
@September OKAY I def have to watch it now, I really like this anime. And I love the fact this show represents issues in my age group lol. As soon as I saw your post mentioning the drama I looked it up now I have something to watch for the rest of the day. XD
Jan 31, 2:39 PM
Jul 2015
Damn, that was funny!
Feb 2, 4:58 PM

Sep 2021
I really disliked the party segment. One cliche after another and the side characters are all such annoying jerks. Ok, this is not exclusive ot this part, but particularly prominent there.

Kurosawa's backstory was better. He's pretty cute crushing on Adachi.

Mar 7, 9:19 AM
Oct 2023
omg this is moving sm faster than the drama i can't wait to see the rest
Apr 13, 5:38 AM
Jun 2022
This Genre Not For Me . So , Sayonara Doutei!

More topics from this board

» Manga vs LN and a S2 ? [spoilers anime]

xnub - May 13

11 by Memore »»
May 20, 2:07 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 28

55 by g-bell »»
May 11, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

15 by ichin »»
Apr 28, 10:49 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

65 by Aurakin »»
Apr 27, 7:14 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

38 by traed »»
Apr 22, 11:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.