Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
The scariest winter monster? The kotatsu, without a doubt.

On a cold winter holiday, while enjoying a relaxing time under the futon, Warumono receives multiple calls from his colleague, Rooney. The Monsters of the Earth have infiltrated the organization's headquarters, and they urgently seek help as they are under attack at that very moment. Warumono rushes to the aid of their childhood friend in distress. Can they truly rescue Rooney? Meanwhile, amidst the cold season, a seasonal sight in convenience stores—the Chinese steamed buns. Warumono is curious about the limited-time Panda Buns, but what awaits them?

It's just a damn kotatsu, but man, it's tough to escape its cozy grip when it's chilly and refreshing outside. Yeah, he totally earned that slap, haha! Anyone pulling the emergency card on your day off deserves a reality check. The convenience store girl is getting more screen time, and let me tell you, meat buns are absolutely fantastic—give them a shot if you haven't. Also, considering it was red, blue, I'm guessing So Blue, Red, Green, Yellow? And, oh, RIP, snow bunny.

Warumono's been a good boy this year.

Jan 21, 10:18 AM

Feb 2021
Btw, "warumono" in the title means "villain", but it's more like children's language, kinda like English "bad guy".

Oh yeah, I heard that Japanese homes can be unexpectedly cold.
I instantly knew that he is talking about a kotatsu, Warumono-san dramatically hurrying to the headquarters was funny.
Ahh he missed the limited period when the panda nikuman was being sold. I feel bad for him.
And I really like the clerk.
Noooo you should've put the rabbit in the freezer! :(
This episode was so wholesome. We should always do little acts of kindness like this when we can :) Really looking forward to the next one.
Jan 21, 11:53 AM
Oct 2021
oh this show is so wholesome and funny i love it. another great ep
Jan 21, 1:05 PM

Nov 2023
Extremely wholesome episode.

Everything about this episode was just great. The start with Rooney and his "Winter Monster" just being the kotatsu was funny.

The lead up to the Panda buns led to Warumono missing out on them but maybe it was for the best, he doesn't want to eat his favorite animal.

The scene with the elderly man was amazing, when he climbed on Warumono's back and complimented him, it's just wholesome.
Jan 21, 1:45 PM

Sep 2016
I felt real bad about the panda buns, Hopefully that's what the present is XD.
Jan 21, 3:38 PM

Aug 2021
this show isn't even something special, yet it's somehow wholesome and it calms my heart lol
Jan 21, 3:39 PM

Jun 2020
Well he didn’t eat the panda candies they become decorations so its mostly better that he didn’t have a change bought panda dumplings
Jan 21, 4:54 PM

Dec 2020
it's just fun! this show is fun! fun is cool i like FUN 👿
Jan 22, 3:31 AM
Aug 2022
This really is just too cute crisis but with a male mc and pandas as the main topic instead of cats
Jan 22, 7:39 AM
May 2019
Another episode, another chill day off were Warumono tries to be around his beloved pandas. This time we're facing the cold of winter, close to Xmas holiday. Warumono's kindness is just overflowing, even Santa Claus calls him a "good boy", that's something kekeke
This show would be so good to watch when you're tired after a day at work or school, It feels so healing.
Jan 22, 8:15 PM

Sep 2021
Increased the speed to 1.5 now. Still feels normal. They should've probably just cut some stuff, have the episodes at 10 minutes and get the segments done at an appropriate speed. But whatever.

As for the content, this one was even more boring than the first ones. Warumono-san just lacks expression, so even the relatable moments fall short. Meanwhile the christmas segment, while somewhat sweet, was poorly executed and felt disconnected.

I'll give it one last chance next week.
Jan 22, 10:25 PM
Aug 2022
"Thank you for today, child from a distant star" unironically got me sobbing, this show is so heartwarming 😭❤

Jan 23, 12:37 AM
Oct 2016
TT^TT The Santa episode ahhhh, it's so cute.
Bro, I love all the characters. They are all so cute.
Jan 23, 12:57 AM
Jan 2024
Very mind soothing anime😂, definitely helps in relaxing after watching jjk or re:zero
Jan 23, 2:18 AM

Apr 2017
This was a very cute episode and I loved the interaction with the old man 🥹
Jan 23, 12:54 PM
Aug 2020
it was another chill episode

a lot of good scenes to have a great time...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 23, 9:14 PM

Sep 2011
this episode is a big mood (and sweet) for me. i kinda figured it was the kotetsu rooney was talking about. he ain't wrong about being a wintertime monster lmao
Jan 24, 2:29 AM

Jul 2017
Warumono just wants to watch his panda videos, though Rooney keeps interrupting him...to tell him about an Earth monster who's powerful and has devoured humans. It's a state of emergency, but Rooney just likes to irritate Warumono further...upon learning that the Earth monster is quite gigantic: a kotatsu.

A panda bun has got Warumono interested in it, though prying it in half sure irritates him to a degree. In the end, he picked up a normal meat bun, which has become his after-work treat to get more variety of buns, especially the big ones, which the panda ones have already been discontinued.

Warumono has his day off, and upon seeing buns again, he decides to make it from scratch after buying it at the supermarket. Heating it in the microwave though too tightly though, both he and Red make the same mistake, which both Sora and Mugi has to create nice meat buns.

The snow rabbit piques Warumono's interest to copy it, though he brought back to his fridge, only to see it melt. So frustrating...

Once again, a trip to the zoo, though this old man who's been climbing up the endless stairs, Warumono decides to give him up to carry his stuff, then piggyback him, which he gives a good thumbs' up. The dream of many pandas, along with the old man being Santa, Warumono's the Child of a Distant Star, albeit doing hard labour with him.

Merry Christmas, Warumono's a good boy.
Jan 24, 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
- winter is cold ... (in my country there's a funny song that goes "for me, today it's January, it's freezing cold, it seems like everyone united to screw me" or something like that)
- mc likes meat buns huh ... seems hard to eat panda food, how can you cut his head in half, geez
- the other guy can't stop calling him for useless stuff, let mc enjoy the panda show
- the old man was so cute lmao nice of mc to help him, i wonder how the old man can even go up those long stairs
- 359 pandas, that's a long time to fall asleep huh
- no way he was dreaming with the old man again LOL that's too cute... Christmas huh interesting, he even got a gift
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 25, 7:54 AM
Jul 2022
This episo is cool and chilling just like the others
Jan 25, 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
Bisalissy said:
Increased the speed to 1.5 now. Still feels normal. They should've probably just cut some stuff, have the episodes at 10 minutes and get the segments done at an appropriate speed. But whatever.

As for the content, this one was even more boring than the first ones. Warumono-san just lacks expression, so even the relatable moments fall short. Meanwhile the christmas segment, while somewhat sweet, was poorly executed and felt disconnected.

I'll give it one last chance next week.

Omg!
What would we do while we await your decision? I'm at my wit's end and sobbing right now not knowing if you will continue watching. Oh my god no!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 26, 4:09 AM

Mar 2011
Rooney really just wants to be Warumono's friend (or that he brings him more tangerines - could be both :D). Warumono's love for pandas and now dumplings is understandable. I can relate to this.

He's so nice helping the old man (for someone wanting to kill all humans). Personally I would have preferred if it didn't turn into a Christmas episode. Hm. I also feel like maybe we got a hint into his motives a little. When he stated humans are so ephemeral. I wonder if it's related to their "business".

Ha ha, from now on I won't be counting sheep, I will count pandas whenever I can't fall asleep :D <3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 27, 5:37 PM
Jul 2022
Mais um episódio simples e confortável é tudo o que precisamos hoje em dia. Ver ele aproveitar o amado dia de folga me faz querer aproveitar os meus dias. É tão gratificante ver ele se sentir energizado por fazer coisas simples que nós fazemos. o dia a dia mas não nos damos conta pois a vida nos pressiona tanto que não percebemos a maravilha das pequenas coisas.
Jan 27, 9:39 PM

Aug 2019
Another day to see more pandas
Jan 28, 3:37 AM
Dec 2023
Can't wait to see more pandas 😄
Jan 28, 1:45 PM

Apr 2008
Behold the winter monsters final form..Rooney you little shit 🤣.
Feb 6, 3:34 PM

Nov 2016
These panda buns are definitely too cute to eat.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 8:19 AM
Oct 2021
I finally found a slice of life esque anime that I find actually entertaining and funny. Very heart-warming can't wait to see the rest of it.
Feb 20, 1:31 PM

Oct 2019
A sweet Christmas episode, watched belatedly :)
Feb 22, 9:03 PM

Jan 2022
The best way to watch this is at 1.5x speed. After the 1st episode, it's the only way I'll watch it, otherwise its too damn slow. lol

Rooney "tricked" the general into coming in by implying he was being attacked by "santa" aka kotatsu. Warumono didn't get to eat the panda bun :( that's so sad

The twins are weird. Rip snow bunny. The short man reminds me of the monopoly guy lol turns out that was santa

hard labor in the snow
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 11, 6:44 PM
Jun 2022
guess can be watched but those rangers r annoying . so sayonara day off!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

34 by Ch1dori_ »»
Jun 1, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 28

25 by kuzamine »»
May 25, 6:34 AM

» Chances for a Season 2

Chaplin87 - May 7

4 by AakBan_Pochi29 »»
May 8, 6:46 AM

» Do you think it will start to build a plot?

TheMageDalamar - Feb 13

20 by Memore »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 10

36 by chocomayu »»
Apr 15, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.