Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2023 4:28 AM

Jul 2017
Umika's cold led to a rather high fever, so much so that the clubmates went to see her at home, to the surprise of Umika's younger sister Honami. Yu definitely felt responsible to care for her, and Raimon surprisingly is too with her small tinge of tsundereness. The girls helping Honami out while she falls asleep from all the work, and Umika having a nightmare that Yu will not give her any foreheadpathy, the former's words defintely made the latter blush all over, it being almost like a request akin to a "kiss". With that, Umika has recovered, and while Yu still feels out of her element, the Rocket Research hobby group has a lot of goals to fulfill along with its individuals. Be it as it may, some have aspirations and some don't, but baby steps.

It's back to school, and Umika's trying her best along with some classmates who are interested in the rocket aspirations. But some like Kinashi basically tuned out, though they are now Umika's friends as well who supports her in her endeavors. But Yu still has a hot forehead that she can cool down from consuming space material, and as much as it's embarrassing for her to play the part of the Yuri lover, Umika does the same to console her, and dream together to build rockets to one day reach space.

A decently good CGDCT series, though it's fine to me. I pretty much preferred Koisuru Asteroid in a similar vein.
KANLen09Dec 25, 2023 6:25 AM
Dec 25, 2023 4:28 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet finale.

A decent show, but this could have been a lot better. I think the overall atmosphere was often too tense with Raimon's angry behavior being the main reason for that. Umika was also a little too crybaby and awkward even for me who absolutely loves Hitori Bocchi for example.

And what comes to Hoshikuzu Telepath vs. Koisuru Asteroid, imo Koisuru Asteroid had a better story and characters with stronger yuri vibes even without being tagged as Girls Love.

This is also a little similar to Do It Yourself!! (cute girls building stuff together with a tsundere joining the group at some point, just like here), but that show also beats this one on every level.

Anyway, Hoshikuzu Telepath was still my favorite show of the season besides Uma Musume S3.

SerafosDec 25, 2023 6:23 AM
Dec 25, 2023 5:02 AM
Apr 2017
Well at least we have sweet ending 💕

Hope this will get season two sometime bc I'm pretty curious with bad alien Akeuchi Yuu mode from next story
Dec 25, 2023 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
This was a nice watch tho it had it's moments that where tense more like a character that was tense.
The characters where a bit strange in general but that's what made it fun to watch and the model rocket part was a nice change.
It was also nice to see the character development they grew a lot over the course of the anime.

The episode itself was also nice Umika finally got to show her friends to her family even if it was them visiting.
Dec 25, 2023 6:05 AM
Sep 2021
Umika has improved a lot overall in the season & nice to see other girls get their shine also. The emotions, the art style & the colors were good. It's a good slice-of-life show, giving primary focus on girls.
Dec 25, 2023 6:10 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoyed watching this show the girls are so sweet and loveable, I hope we get a second season in the future so we can see the girls achieve their dreams
Dec 25, 2023 6:34 AM
Jul 2023
Beautiful and cute friendship.

Good characters development and good story, this is perfect as it is.
Dec 25, 2023 6:42 AM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
This was overall an amazing show to watch, definitely the most underrated show of this Fall and I'm really hoping for a second season! :)
Dec 25, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2020
Loved it all the way through.From the visuals to the Osts was high quality production,Studio Gokumi knocked it out the park with the adaptation.
8.5/10
Dec 25, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
I don't have a ton to say, other than that I enjoyed this anime. What a sweet last episode. I'm glad it didn't end with another Akeuchi vanishing scare. If a season 2 ever happens (Somehow, given that this was the "final episode"), I'll watch it right away, since the cute factor for this anime was just insane.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 25, 2023 7:23 AM
May 2017

Love is the language of the Universe.

Very good ending episode! Beautiful series! Rooting for but not expecting a second season.

Yuu is a young Nordic alien.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 25, 2023 7:36 AM
Aug 2022
I gotta say seeing Yuu act almost like Umika this episode being all shy and quiet was definitely surprising but very adorable to see.

I really hope this gets a season 2 but I highly doubt it
Dec 25, 2023 7:44 AM

Dec 2016
I have to admit that I wasn't excited in the early episodes, specially with Umika being such a downer and her long monologues repeating the same downer lines. The show got livelier once the whole group was gathered up. As a softie for tsunderes, Raimon was such a treat, and then there was her worst moments that soured the mood. Good thing all it was part of her and the cast for character growth. The climax en the previous episode was very cathartic, and Umika realizing she wasn't alone all along was a huge extra (the denseness of the Mc in SuperCub made me incredibly skeptical on characters like Umika claiming they are all alone).

It was definitely a rollercoaster of emotions that I almost missed because of the early episodes. I'm glad I stuck with it until the end.

This one gets a solid 8 in my books.
Dec 25, 2023 8:02 AM

May 2015
They were cute and sweet and all that, but the truth be told, there was nothing in this anime that would make me remember it two years from now.
IshitatesoDec 25, 2023 8:08 AM
Dec 25, 2023 8:21 AM

May 2020
I will miss the weekly Umika and Yuu's foreheadpathy, even though the economy is kinda in shambles now.

I will miss every interaction between the Rocket Research gang, especially between Umika and Matataki. To witness each of their insecurities is not something I often see in an all-cute-girl anime, or even any other anime.

I will miss Hona for being the kindest little sister to Umika this whole time.

I will miss Emihara-sensei for being a good adivisor and a supporting company for Umika, who she never expected to take the lead of an 'unofficial club'.

To make many of the classmates interact and actually adore our main characters' hard work? Man, will I ever see it again in future anime?

Christmas is a festival of love and togetherness, and this episode reminds people like me why such elements are so important in a great anime.

Gis la revido, Hoshikuzu Telepath!
Dec 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Apr 2022
I love this anime... I would like an OVA or a movie... if possible a second season.
Dec 25, 2023 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
This show has some of the best blushing faces I've seen in quite a while, the show was a lot of fun, Umika grew a lot and it had the perfect amount of "drama".
Dec 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Jun 2016
Episode 12 showed its yuri soul. They think that 2 episodes is very little, because the heroine Umika has just begun to develop, and the relationship with Yuu has clearly moved to a new level. The best one for me was Haruno-chan.
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 PM
Jun 2022
After watching episode 12 I'm starting to wonder where's the "Girls Love" part of this anime, because it's one of the tags it has (according to MAL) but I don't see when it appeared. So yeah, it would be cool if someone told me the answer, cuz I can't figure it out myself. (just no spoilers from the manga)
Overall, the anime was very good, but I think that it does need a season 2 however the manga will have to continue for a long time until there's even a small possibility of the anime getting another season.
Dec 25, 2023 5:53 PM

Aug 2020
And... Hoshikuzu Telepath wins the trophy of Cutest Anime of the Season! It's good to see them being friendly and supportive towards one another. This episode is a message to their next year, and their goal of reaching outer space. An episode that was released in the best time to be watched!

Umika, Yuu, Raimon and Haruno are an amazing team. Umika specially managed to convince Kinashi. Rockets are really cool ^_^

I don't know if there will be a second part, but considering that they didn't achieve their goal yet I hope there will be one.

Dec 25, 2023 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
Bonavu🌌,

what a finale. A really cool ending to this great series.
Seeing the group at the beginning of Umika's sick visit was really nice - especially the comedic dynamic between Raimon and Yuu was really entertaining again.😂

. It was also really motivating to see how our friends set their goals and how everyone was willing to help Umika speak. It's nice that Naishu now also seems interested in "Modello raketos". By the way, during Umika's speech about her passions for aket in class, the funny background melody that ran throughout the series was played again.🎶

One thing was actually cut out - probably due to time constraints to include the balcony scene. In the manga
. Maybe it was clear from the facial expressions, but it was never clearly stated in the anime.

Do you notice? MAL Forum does not celebrate Christmas.🎄 MAL Forum celebrates Hoshikuzu Telepath Finale.😂

They actually included the cheerleader cover from the manga. How nice!😍

The ending with Umika and Yuu on the balcony is really nice again. The way the lighthouse came on out of nowhere (perhaps through the power of their love) also came across well. That's how a finale should be.✨

Reecey91 said:
I hope we get a second season in the future so we can see the girls achieve their dreams
The anime has adapted a large part of the manga - there are still a few chapters left - but that will hardly be enough for a 12-episode season - maybe not even half.

Now things are getting really exciting in the manga. There are a few things that I would have really liked to see in animated form. Since the manga is unfortunately only published monthly, it will probably take a while until enough material has accumulated to adapt another season - but if it does happen someday, there are really big things coming.

Tugiacat said:
Christmas is a festival of love and togetherness, and this episode reminds people like me why such elements are so important in a great anime.
Hoshiuzu Telepath will always have a special place in our hearts. 💖And even though the series is over now - the manga still continues.🌌

And that was my first title where I was really involved from the beginning and posted every week. Normally I was always a silent reader in the forum (a bit shy like Umika😅), but with this series I really felt like I had to say something. It's really been a wild ride commenting with you every Monday and I hope to see some faces again in the discussions about the upcoming manga chapters.

Mativuu! 🌌
May your tomorrow always be another Bona Morning.
Dec 25, 2023 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
yo that got like pretty gay for even bait levels huh!

gonna miss these girls umika had some good growth for a boochi type i also wasn't expecting how the amount of drama for a CGDCT it was a nice but depressing surprise but it all came out good in the end

i need a season 2 this show was a treat to look at all
Dec 25, 2023 9:09 PM

Aug 2022
One day Umika will be able to go to space.

The glitter of this girl who moves forward step by step. Is like stardust; it shines so brightly even from far away.

Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter, This is a story of girls, rockets and youth.

There is no instant way to achieve a goal, that's why you have to do it step by step to reach something higher.

Sweet ending from Umika and Yuu as usual. Everyone, Matataki and Haruno, most importantly, will try even harder to make their best version of the rocket.

I will miss them.
RafaBryanDec 26, 2023 12:29 PM
Dec 26, 2023 3:05 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
What a nice show. Loved it throughout. It reminded of Koisuru Asteroid. Now I wanna rewatch that.

Nothing too drastic but not a quiet finale either. Feels like everyone has picked themselves up and are ready for a new challenge. Maybe except Akeuchi after Umika dealt some critical damage lol.

But Umika trying so hard is so cute. Do your best Umika-chan!
Dec 26, 2023 7:27 AM
Jun 2023
In what chapter of the manga i have to start after the anime?
Dec 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to Ponchalo
In what chapter of the manga i have to start after the anime?
@Ponchalo Chapter 32
Dec 26, 2023 12:08 PM
May 2017
Reply to Kayroad
After watching episode 12 I'm starting to wonder where's the "Girls Love" part of this anime, because it's one of the tags it has (according to MAL) but I don't see when it appeared. So yeah, it would be cool if someone told me the answer, cuz I can't figure it out myself. (just no spoilers from the manga)
Overall, the anime was very good, but I think that it does need a season 2 however the manga will have to continue for a long time until there's even a small possibility of the anime getting another season.
@Kayroad Anime-only: Umika and Yuu love each other. Love as an ample concept and love as a communication mean are constructive elements of the story.
Dec 26, 2023 12:10 PM
May 2017
Reply to RafaBryan
One day Umika will be able to go to space.

The glitter of this girl who moves forward step by step. Is like stardust; it shines so brightly even from far away.

Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter, This is a story of girls, rockets and youth.

There is no instant way to achieve a goal, that's why you have to do it step by step to reach something higher.

Sweet ending from Umika and Yuu as usual. Everyone, Matataki and Haruno, most importantly, will try even harder to make their best version of the rocket.

I will miss them.
@RafaBryan Everything has a beginning...

Dec 26, 2023 2:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice ending I guess, they resolved things and they have objectives for the clubs, we even had a home visit from everyone for sick Konohoshi and a sweet moment between her and Akeuchi :)
Dec 27, 2023 12:55 PM

Apr 2016
It's not better than Koisuru Asteroid as some people have said but it's still great in its own regard. Great cast and solid character development and drama throughout, especially for a CGDCT SOL.

Raimon Best Girl!
Dec 28, 2023 12:20 AM
Nov 2022
A cute, wholesome show and beautifully animated. Surprisingly wordy, given the protagonist's social anxiety. Also enjoyed the creativity of 'foreheadpathy' to bypass any yuri censors. My only disappointment is that Yu's backstory never got fleshed out further than her allegedly being an alien, nothing more. A fun watch, regardless.
Dec 28, 2023 9:50 AM

Sep 2020
Overall very good show, the only thing I don't like that much about it is that there's kind of too much drama in a slice of life/CGDCT show, especially for the first season, I think it would probably work a bit better if it's in the s2.
Dec 28, 2023 5:48 PM

Feb 2023
I have absolutely loved every second of this anime! The last episode was SUPER cute!!! Umika and Akeuchi are falling in love! Matataki is still a little gremlin and we love her! Probably the best slice of life anime I have ever seen.
Dec 28, 2023 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
I thought this was pretty sweet a show. It feels oddly short now. I guess because they only made one rocketand because Matataki took up so much focus being unnecessarily mean.

If only I had some open fields where i live. ...

.....I have some UFO model rocket somewhere around i never used, i could slip Umika x Yuu inside to launch them off to planet Yuri ✨ 🛸

.....but most likely id just start a forest fire.....
Dec 29, 2023 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
A bit too much drama for my liking but still in the top half out of all Kirara shows, a slightly better version of Stella no Mahou I guess
Dec 29, 2023 8:31 AM

Oct 2022
Adorable series with cute forehead telepathy.

Dec 29, 2023 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
So we finly got the yuri bait 12 episodes in and in the finale. Kinda funny how she's getting embarrassed about it now though, ig she just became conscious of it cause of what Umika said. Other than that it was nice watching Umika trying hard to improve and also her sister's reaction to her friends.

Decent CGDCT anime which was boring sometimes but cute stuff overall with some interesting stuff on rocket. Don't think it'll get new season after how it ended with the namedrop title for the finale but who knows.
Jan 1, 9:26 PM

Apr 2023
Who will decipher the final alien message for us? 🤔

Very cute anime and I want more!🥰

Shaka-bunJan 1, 9:48 PM
Jan 2, 5:43 PM

Sep 2021
A sweet finale to wrap things up. I'd love another season, but it's also quite well-rounded for 12 episodes.

And the show also remembered it has a Girl's Love tag. Yuu crushing on Umika was really cute!

For the final review, I can easily split this show into two segments - for my personal experience that is.

Everything up to the competition was good. It was a fluffy, perfect world SoL that could be a bit boring at times. Everything after the competition was a great, emotional drama that really showed off just how much depth the characters have! I did not expect this show to pull of something like that, especially not in such good quality. You could say Hoshikuzu Telepath took off with the Model Rocket launched by Umika and friends!

Onto the previously praised characters, least-good to best.
- Yuu is the extrovert to hold the group together. She's funny and has more depth than you'd think at first. I believe she'll have more time to shine in the further story.
- Haruno started out as the typical "nice girl" who always has something to hide, but what she had to hide was really well-written and got me invested into her a lot more. Her backstory was really good and I loved to see her grow over the past few episodes.
- Umika, while also not the most unique, is a great mc to cheer for and I just felt so hopeful watching her grow strong. I love how she gradually experessed her feelings more and how that got her to bring the group back together.
- Finally, Matataki is one step ahead of the others. For the "first part", I always said "It's a nice comfy show with one really good character". While this is no longer my statement, she still is my favorite. I love how she isn't your everyday Tsundre, or just "fixed" in one episode. Putting on a brave, mean facade, while actually being so insecure was great. But there's even more to how she is actually quite strong, but not strong enough for herself to accept her. And always a bit unpredictable (not in a sense of inconsisten writing - this is a compliment here!), even to herself. She really felt more alive than most characters I see in fiction. If my favorite list wasn't flowing over like it already does, she'd certainly get a spot there.

A slow start, with a great end. 8/10 all in all.
Jan 10, 12:32 AM
Apr 2021
LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!! I loved this show from the start till the end CGDCT is really my guilty pleasure genre😭 Umika really reminded me Bocchi from Bocchi the Rock or Hotori Bocchi but even more timid and shy which made me adore Umika even more, I find her stuttering to be so cute bc she’s trying so hard to speak normally and I find that endearing🥹

I’m really interested in season 2 and where we go from here, do we look more into Yuu’s alien past or do we fast forward to next year for the rocket tournament?👀

Anyways I’ll definitely miss this anime the opening song is such a banger and the animation was just top tier and crispy in every every episode, I’ll give this show a 9/10 from pure enjoyment I’ll miss these girls till next time🥹🙌🏽😫
Jan 21, 2:00 PM
Feb 2020
Sweet and cute ending. It's been a gorgeous anime, and a joy to watch weekly. I'll miss a lot Umika, Yuu and the rest of the girls. Hope it gets a second season 🙏
Feb 6, 6:42 AM

Apr 2011
Nice ending there.

The show was alright. It has its boring moments.

To be honest, what I don't like how difficult to watch Umika struggle to talk and Raimon being unpleasant, but character development help them improve later on the show.

It's a decent CGDCT show.
Feb 23, 4:42 PM
Nov 2014
Reply to Shaka-bun
Who will decipher the final alien message for us? 🤔

Very cute anime and I want more!🥰

@Shaka-bun It's Esperanto

mia revo, nia revo
falstelo tra fruntoj

Google translate says:
my dream, our dream
shooting star across foreheads
Mar 1, 5:39 AM

Sep 2020
I enjoyed this masterpiece so much, and now I'm really sad that it ended. Throughout the whole time, I had a big smile on my face because everything about this anime was so wholesome, and it made me so happy to see it. Man, this anime had godly animation, and I took 638 screenshots of the precious moments and chibi scenes xd cause I love them so much.

I really loved how Umika tried so hard to come out of her shell, and she had so much growth. I'm so proud of her. I loved Akeuchi a lot, too, and everything she did. There was never a dull moment with her. I loved Haruno too, like how she always had a chill onee san vibe and looked after them, and also Raimon too, even though I hated her sometimes for making Umika cry, but she had her redemption, so all is well.

I really hope season 2 comes out soon. I will miss all of them so much, and it hurts seeing it end. This will have a special place in my heart, and I thank the author for making this masterpiece and also everyone who made the anime happen 💖
May 7, 9:01 PM
Aug 2013
Fantastic show, a complete diamond in the rough. Better than Bocchi the Rock because it actually put the girl with social anxiety through the wringer, and the supporting cast actually had real emotions and development rather than being Bocchi's entourage. Stardust Telepath told the story of a second girl, also antisocial, but for different reasons, and Matataki was more than just a simple kuudere. This is what I wanted Bocchi the Rock to be, but I guess the public was more enamored with Bocchi's comedy and crappy rock music.

I gave this an 8. I gave Asteroid in Love (Koisuru Asteroid) a 3 and gave my thoughts about it here. I'm stunned that some people in this thread thought Asteroid in Love was the better show. It had 14 girls whom I all forgot about an hour after it ended. Stardust Telepath kept the cast tight with a main group of 4, which gave more time for each character to actually be meaningful.
GippyMay 8, 4:14 AM
May 18, 10:59 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to Gippy
Fantastic show, a complete diamond in the rough. Better than Bocchi the Rock because it actually put the girl with social anxiety through the wringer, and the supporting cast actually had real emotions and development rather than being Bocchi's entourage. Stardust Telepath told the story of a second girl, also antisocial, but for different reasons, and Matataki was more than just a simple kuudere. This is what I wanted Bocchi the Rock to be, but I guess the public was more enamored with Bocchi's comedy and crappy rock music.

I gave this an 8. I gave Asteroid in Love (Koisuru Asteroid) a 3 and gave my thoughts about it here. I'm stunned that some people in this thread thought Asteroid in Love was the better show. It had 14 girls whom I all forgot about an hour after it ended. Stardust Telepath kept the cast tight with a main group of 4, which gave more time for each character to actually be meaningful.
@Gippy I love it when you can immediately tell a contrarian when you see one, especially when they make a little throne to themselves on which to talk down to the peons on. They're different levels of being bad at conversation and neurosis; to me and possibly many others Bocchi's type of social anxiety where she can "talk" fine, but she avoids eye contact and is just extremely overconscious of people judging her for every little trivial thing, is much more relatable than Umika's, where she just stutters to a ridiculous degree for the beginning of the anime, and more relatable in fact than the other Hitori Bocchi anime that ran in 2019. Then I like the bit you added on about the "crappy rock music", a totally worthless subjective opinion that more than anything just makes it seem like you didn't want rock music in an anime called "bocchi the rock".

And regarding Koisuru Asteroid, maybe you'd be less "stunned" if you read about the reasons people like that anime instead of thinking your own farts smell so much better than everybody else's.

As for my own take on this anime, I did love it, the chemistry between Umika and Akeuchi especially which had some very sweet moments, and I enjoyed their process of getting Raimon to get along with the group (even if I think her hostility was as exaggerated/overkill as umika's speech impediment), but like others have said, I'm not sure how much I'll remember this anime two years from now. When it comes to being memorable I think Raimon stands out the most. As for the anime itself, as a whole, I think it's certainly not as memorable as Bocchi The Rock, but then again, the things each anime is trying to achieve is completely different. A good, heartwarming anime with good visuals that you watch with a smile throughout is always worth a watch, and this fits that criteria. I just wish I got to watch Umika and Akeuchi's relationship develop even more within the anime adaptation. It's yuri blueballs.
FreezorgaltMay 18, 11:15 AM

More topics from this board

» Thoughts about Akeuchi and Umika's situation?

Phantom_373 - May 24

6 by CheliosX »»
May 24, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

48 by Julyking59 »»
May 20, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 9, 2023

84 by Suri-Fox »»
May 9, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cuhoangdk - Oct 16, 2023

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Episode 6 Discussion

LS_11 - Nov 13, 2023

31 by iMrJoel »»
Feb 29, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.