Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2023 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
I think it's funny how this show continues pairing up Allen and Charlotte in any creative way possible, even if it means having them play out as actors for a skit.

Obviously, this resulted in some awkward moments but I find the episode amusing. This feels like an episode within an episode.
Nov 22, 2023 5:40 AM
Oct 2018
It seems like Allen can't afford to tease Charlotte when he's in acting mode, but he teases her very easily when he's talking as usual.

Well its fresh episode ngl,and im bit envy haha
Nov 22, 2023 6:22 AM

Dec 2021
Dorothea is easily my favorite character so far in this show.

Allen and Charlotte find themselves in a peculiar situation when Dorothea, the Elf novelist and resident of Allen's mansion, proposes a unique arrangement. In exchange for transferring ownership of the mansion to Dorothea, they are asked to perform short skits. They navigate through the skits, but Dorothea's instructions gradually escalate to roles like lovers and spouses. Caught in a forced lover's charade, Allen and Charlotte can't help but become increasingly aware of each other.

Dorothea is truly genius. The scenes she has crafted are undeniably exceptional; Lu adopting a pompadour and playing the role of a delinquent is nothing short of brilliant. However, the recent Cinderella segment hit a little too close to home for Charlotte. Just when the storyline was reaching its peak, Dorothea's editor intervenes, dampening the atmosphere. We were on the brink of a potential confession.

Now time to see the developments involving Charlotte's sister, Natalia.

Nov 22, 2023 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
The show keeps adding new characters, the animals from before, and now the new dark elf writer girl from the last week, but the flow of the anime does not change a bit, and i don't mean it in a positive way.

I can't help but feel like the main duo thats supposed to carry this whole thing, is the one that's taking it to the bottom. Slowly, but surely they are unbearable to watch.

@Nuril Ye well, this anime's everything but fresh.
Nov 22, 2023 6:46 AM

Apr 2010
Well we almost got a confession but it seems to much to hope for.
And now we got a cliffhanger as well, guess that foolish prince is pulling more trouble.
I wonder how a guy like that can stay in power but it could be just me.
Nov 22, 2023 7:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
In reality the princess carry really is embarassing. Lotte and her curveballs lol. The newly wed's acting segment was damm cute. Still Dorothea sure was a harsh taskmaster. The princess one though was a bit too close to Lotte's past though. Assigning Lu as the sorcerer though was a great idea. Dorothea's editor turned out to be as scary as she made him out to be surprisingly. Curious to see what Lotte's sis is like though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2023 7:46 AM

Jul 2017
Dorothea wanting both Allen and Charlotte to act her script...sure, it's a way to force the Demon Lord to have his own romance.

Desperate for an idea, Dorothea wants the "couple" to act like a real couple, but the Demon Lord is just too reluctant to accept the truth. Nevertheless, Dorothea has 1001 ways to get them to flirt in the fight for the mansion, and all the tried-and-true romance tropes are ways to keep his heat palpitating for Charlotte. Even Gosetsu and Lu help to play the part, and for the sake of the mansion, Allen has to follow the script, but also keep within his reach of her that's not beyond naughty.

The scripts continue, and too bad for Allen, he's too smitten by her to continue acting the play, and the story in the 2nd half is exact to the point of Charlotte's past in the Neruz Kingdom. Even though this is a Cinderella-like story where Lu is the sorcerer and Allen assumes the role of the prince, this would have been her life if she was treated right. Nevertheless, Charlotte is following the script to the T, and Allen was about to do his skit, when Dorothea's editor comes bombasting to their place looking for her after 30 years.

In all of the chaos, Charlotte's lil' sis in trouble...how so?
Nov 22, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2021
Nice the cute & romantic feelings between allen & Charlotte are too good to watch, they just need to confess it to one another.
Nov 22, 2023 8:17 AM

Dec 2022
Editor-san looks really good for a man who's probably in his 50s. He might not be human.

Dorothea is such a mixed bag of a character. On one hand, her domineering attitude is unbearable, but she is trying to do good work on the main couple, going after Allen and Charlotte with the energy of a mother demanding grandchildren. I thought we would get some progress this episode, but we're still stuck on nosebleeds and indirect kisses. Very disappointing.

At least there's an interesting lead on Charlotte's sister to keep the show going. Dorothea can stay stuck in author jail until she finishes her novel.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Nov 22, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
Aw man, Dorothea’s arrival was great for this show. So many cute moments between Allen and Charlotte as a result of her scripts. Really loved the Cinderella parody and the Yankee Allen skit.

We were so close to what seemed like an Allen confession and of course, in usual romcom trope here comes Dorothea’s editor to interrupt the scene lmao. I’ll miss her, she may have been domineering but she did get them closer than ever, and thinking about their relationship. Well done.

I know it’s kind of a slow burn, but man I’d love to see an actual confession soon. Or at least moving past nosebleeds

Charlotte’s little sister is in trouble now? Next week should be fun
Marinate1016Nov 22, 2023 10:29 AM
Nov 22, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2014
I'm not quite sure how watching someone act out a script that you (supposedly) wrote is supposed to help provide inspiration for writing a novel (just write the novel from the script), but I'm not opposed to more ship fuel.
Nov 22, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2016
Dorothea: "What are you, eight?"
Thank you little dark elf granny for summing up my thoughts for this anime. Honestly I rather feel they are partly regressing in their relationship. In episode 1 they weren't embarrassed by sharing a fork while eating cake, now drinking from the same glass is too much for Allen? I had 8 episodes to binge watch this time, but I'm not sure when/if motivation to continue this anime will flare up again.
Nov 22, 2023 1:32 PM
Apr 2020
Best episode so far
Nov 22, 2023 2:43 PM

May 2019
Ngl, this episode was good but it had some cringe moments too, mostly from Allen though. Charlotte actually looked like she was having fun acting and I don't blame Allen for collapsing from a nosebleed after Charlotte offered him a bath, dinner, or....

Nov 22, 2023 3:07 PM

Sep 2018
This dude came in like motherfucking Garp, should have entered the room earlier, wouldn't have had to watch that bore fest of a Cinderella retelling at least.
Nov 22, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2022
the best episode so far. witnessing straight kino with allen and charlotte's flirting lmao but yeah another whole episode. wish the dude didn't chime in at the end.
Nov 22, 2023 5:14 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! Allen and Charlotte were made for each other. Dorothea is a dark elf de facto...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 22, 2023 6:10 PM

Jul 2022
You know, surprisingly fabulous episode. Great balance - sweet, but not sickeningly so.
Nov 22, 2023 6:53 PM
Nov 2022
OHHH YES
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, AGGGHHH!!!
I LOVE IT!!!

Finally both Allen and Charlotte are sure of what each one feels for the other, (personally I think they took a while but meh)

They close Dorothea's mini-arc and it seems that there will finally be a confrontation with Charlotte's family, the drama is coming...
Nov 22, 2023 9:03 PM
Jan 2018
When are they getting the nendoroid treatment? Would love to get Charlotte and the imouto chara, both are kawaii after all!
Nov 23, 2023 10:06 AM

Dec 2022
is the editor an ex military official or what
Nov 23, 2023 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
The author is running out of ideas... lmao 🤣🤣🤣
But it's still entertaining, so I won't complain.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 23, 2023 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Ngl, this episode was good but it had some cringe moments too, mostly from Allen though. Charlotte actually looked like she was having fun acting and I don't blame Allen for collapsing from a nosebleed after Charlotte offered him a bath, dinner, or....

@Alfredo-Sauce
That line actually made me feel embarrassed because I felt like she was talking to me lol
Nov 26, 2023 11:52 AM

Oct 2017
It was fun watching Charlotte and Allen acting different scenarios. He almost said it too damn. The editor took Dorothea away, hope we get to see her soon.
Nov 27, 2023 7:52 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, She got captured XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 29, 2023 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Lampblasted
Editor-san looks really good for a man who's probably in his 50s. He might not be human.

Dorothea is such a mixed bag of a character. On one hand, her domineering attitude is unbearable, but she is trying to do good work on the main couple, going after Allen and Charlotte with the energy of a mother demanding grandchildren. I thought we would get some progress this episode, but we're still stuck on nosebleeds and indirect kisses. Very disappointing.

At least there's an interesting lead on Charlotte's sister to keep the show going. Dorothea can stay stuck in author jail until she finishes her novel.
@Lampblasted there was a sound of wings when he showed up and when he was leaving he was readying as if for a jump and then we saw the elf being carried by a dragon so we might be onto something.
Dec 6, 2023 9:31 AM

May 2020
Elf's a writer, dragon's an editor... anything else?

Allen and Charlotte are so awkward with each other, that I'm sure no amount of pushing would make either of them confess lol.
Dec 20, 2023 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
so Dorothea's editor is a dragon? wow...lol now, what's happening with Charlotte's lil' sis?
Dec 22, 2023 3:07 PM
Sep 2018
elfa chata do krl, fiquei um bom tempo pensado se ia dropar o anime ou não pq esse episódio foi tortuoso pra mim, essa forçação de barra que a elfa fez é uma coisa q odeio
Dec 25, 2023 2:00 PM
Dec 2016
Anyone else recognize the tune from 1968's Romeo and Juliet?
Dec 30, 2023 3:08 AM

Feb 2018
Those settings lol, ig anything goes with this anime. The Dragon editor busting through the walls at the end too lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Dec 31, 2023 4:55 PM
Jun 2012
I don't believe I can continue on through an imouto arc. Probably a drop at this point.

The other characters, even the mocha elf, felt introduced regularly.

This is... Eh. A clif?
Jan 16, 1:14 PM

Aug 2021
I'm quite confused what was the reason for them to have to play the skits, since she wanted story for her novel, which she already had, but I guess it was nice episode idea nevertheless.

I really hope one of them confesses by the end of the first season
Feb 18, 7:09 PM

Jan 2017
GODDAMNIT DRAGON EDITOR YOUR TIMING IS WUAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Dec 20, 2023

74 by joetran0 »»
Apr 19, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2023

37 by Luke_MK »»
Mar 2, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2023

31 by FragmantLemon »»
Feb 20, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

104 by Devonnius »»
Feb 18, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

33 by SaltyCookie »»
Feb 1, 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.