Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2023 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
This episode fundamentally destroys the elf stereotype prevalent in fantasy stories.

It's a pity the Phoenix didn't have a more active role, but this episode was still quite amusing. Giriko is undeniably attractive, though I have a sense she might be even more formidable than Luna. Could their son end up as Viola's main love interest? It might be a bit predictable, but let's reserve judgment until we see what he's like.

I'm still waiting for the Phoenix's spin-off anime

Oct 22, 2023 7:38 AM

Jul 2017
Sorry Fennel, you'll NEVER have any chance trying to woo Alyssa...

As expected, Glind is there to help with furniture, as well as being Viola's watchman in case Fennel strikes, but too bad that Fennel's Elfin village is only filled with old people that it's a MILF culture lols. The "brotherhood" between Fennel and Glind is too hilarious that the golem trying to get into Elfin culture, it's too much, but it's interesting from the perspectives of another. Alyssa likes Elfin culture, but for Fennel to use this as reasoning, he's out of his mind.

Going potato digging with Lira's husband of Pondo, the potatoes are all sorts of weird from various types like slimes to mermaid, that even puns are low-key hilarious as well. But Alyssa will not let this fly, and as much as Viola is sympathetic with Pondo, Lira does not appreciate having to clean up after her husband, and after Giriko turned them back into normal sweet potatoes, Alyssa, Viola and Phoenix are given a bunch of them.

Mandragoras are a pain in the butt, and Pondo's potatoes go wild once again, no thanks to Giriko's fertilizer mix, which grows some weird ass sweet potatoes again, the size of big creatures.

Oh man, sweet potatoes go ham.
Oct 22, 2023 8:04 AM

Mar 2021
Starting to feel bad for Fennel he can never catch a break when it comes to Alyssa, The sweet potato part was hilarious especially when they grew super big
Oct 22, 2023 12:03 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I like this Fennel elf and his attempt to get Alyssa's attention. While Viola tries to interrupt it.
The potato part was disturbing and creepy but fun to watch.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 22, 2023 12:34 PM

Mar 2019
This chimera potato arc is really good! lol 🍠
Oct 22, 2023 1:50 PM
May 2017
It was funny to see sweet potatoes going Godzilla vs. Biollante. Viola is a child indeed.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 22, 2023 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
Potato farming in fantasy shows always turns into a ridiculously dangerous situation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2023 3:36 PM

Jun 2016
This anime is absolutely crazy, love it. XD
Oct 22, 2023 5:42 PM
Dec 2010
can't wait till the son appears his chapters are hilarious in the manga
Oct 22, 2023 8:07 PM

May 2019
Pretty standard first half of the episode, with Viola & Phoenix doing their antics on Fennel, but that was a rather interesting second half with those sweet potato/mandrake hybrid plants. The whole segment was crazy, but one thing caught my attention...

Oct 22, 2023 11:08 PM

Nov 2022
Lol, potatoes are serious business.
I'm disappointed by the lack of phoenix's lines this episode.
Oct 22, 2023 11:12 PM

Sep 2018
Those were some crazy plants. That elf friend has no luck.
Oct 23, 2023 7:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems you need to keep some stuff away from plants else things get very disturbing.
The conversation about Elves was hilarious tho i do hope we get to see the village some time.
And Viola showing how naive she is again.
Oct 23, 2023 10:20 AM

May 2019
Mostly amusing and funny episode, starting with the portrayal of the Elfin village consisting mostly of elderly elves and young ones that had kids early on, oh and that one reason that they're good at archery is because of boredom lol. The second half got weird with sweet potatoes acting like mandragoras because of the fertilizer that Giriko used.
Oct 23, 2023 9:48 PM

Mar 2008
Poor Fennel, he doesnt even seem like a bad guy or anything but Viola is going hard on him all the time.

That was uhh weird with the potato monsters.
Oct 24, 2023 2:22 PM
Feb 2022
traed said:
Poor Fennel, he doesnt even seem like a bad guy or anything but Viola is going hard on him all the time.

That was uhh weird with the potato monsters.

Yeah Viola is just a straight up bully. She even bully Fennels friend into helping bully him. It's clear she enjoys bullying others as much as she wants her mom to herself. It's starting to lose its fun factor.
Oct 24, 2023 4:46 PM

Mar 2008
Gl0rp said:
Yeah Viola is just a straight up bully. She even bully Fennels friend into helping bully him. It's clear she enjoys bullying others as much as she wants her mom to herself. It's starting to lose its fun factor.

Yeah. Is a teen looks older but acts like a psychopathic toddler.
Oct 24, 2023 7:50 PM

Jan 2017
Did we just had a Godzilla battle scene but... it's potatoes...?? LMAO
Oct 26, 2023 11:08 PM
Dec 2019
traed said:
Gl0rp said:

She's such a miserable character and never gets caught or punished for such atrocious behavior. The show gets harder to watch every episode. Without some characters growth I don't think I can finish it.
Oct 26, 2023 11:16 PM

Jul 2019
Poor orc with his elf fetish.
Oct 29, 2023 10:02 AM
Sep 2016
The sacred tree, the mystical landmark of the elven forest from fantasy stories, yep, it's been reduced to somekind of the only 7/11 in the entire rural village..... Dragon Quest? Psych, it's Sakura Quest instead. Godammit show, how did you even thought of that?

Not only that but beh-imo-th, imo-callibur, imo-boros, and all of the imo-based-sh*t in this EP.... Godammit show, you could've used those creativity to solve world hunger, and yet we've got imo-kaiju battle instead.

Great EP as always....
uncleqrowOct 29, 2023 10:06 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 29, 2023 11:17 AM

Oct 2017
Getting disillusioned over the elves was kinda funny. Those potatoes were sure creepy though.
Oct 31, 2023 3:39 PM

Nov 2014
Honestly, every now and then this anime hits really good with its comedy. Potato part was stupidly funny, and I do appreciate elf village jokes too.
Nov 11, 2023 8:08 AM

May 2015
Sometimes, when you get through the episode, you have to ask yourself, "Why am I watching an anime about potatoes?....."
Dec 17, 2023 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Sad we didn't get to see the elf milf paradise, only some lovey-dovey potatoes

Jan 2, 8:16 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto el capitulo. Me gusta este anime.

Mar 1, 8:13 PM

Aug 2019
alyssa is the best character in the show. im not a fan of the buff woman or her husband. alyssa's va voice is kind of harsh(?) especially when she gets loud but i kind of like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 3:24 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Azuchi
I like this Fennel elf and his attempt to get Alyssa's attention. While Viola tries to interrupt it.
The potato part was disturbing and creepy but fun to watch.
@Azuchi His "Love" isn't even Pure Love as Alyssa is also a mother figure to me just like Alyssa is a mother figure to Viola.
Apr 9, 3:25 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
alyssa is the best character in the show. im not a fan of the buff woman or her husband. alyssa's va voice is kind of harsh(?) especially when she gets loud but i kind of like it
@HiljainenSipuli Alyssa is not a buff woman, u're talking about Lira (Pondo's wife)
Apr 9, 3:31 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Bro225650
traed said:
Gl0rp said:

She's such a miserable character and never gets caught or punished for such atrocious behavior. The show gets harder to watch every episode. Without some characters growth I don't think I can finish it.
@Bro225650 If u were on Viola's shoes would u let a creep that Alyssa took care of 100 yrs ago go near ur mother? If that was me i wouldn't let him go near Alyssa as well... Alyssa's also a mother-figure to him, he's basically a child to her.
Apr 9, 3:33 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Bro225650
traed said:
Gl0rp said:

@Bro225650 Also don't expect much development on a gag shpw like this. She might get some but don't expect her to completely change her treatment with Fennel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 10, 2023

41 by MegaPopi »»
May 21, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 5, 2023

30 by nyaasar »»
Apr 26, 11:37 AM

» Any chance for season 2?

DekuxUraraka - Apr 14

3 by DekuxUraraka »»
Apr 19, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2023

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Dekoboko Majo no Oyako Jijou Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Oct 8, 2023

24 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 24, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.