They took it down from webtoon because chapter 125 was really racist

So it will never come back to webtoon?
Sep 18, 2023 11:13 AM
Aug 2021
hellowwloll said:
memexxpert_ said:
They took it down from webtoon because chapter 125 was really racist

I’m not exactly sure. I’ve seen some posts say that the webtoon has been canceled while some other posts say that it’s only on hiatus indefinitely.
Sep 18, 2023 11:20 AM
Oct 2021
memexxpert_ said:
hellowwloll said:

I’m not exactly sure. I’ve seen some posts say that the webtoon has been canceled while some other posts say that it’s only on hiatus indefinitely.

and.. what was so racist in this chapter? (havnt read it yet)
Sep 18, 2023 11:53 AM

Jan 2017
hellowwloll said:

Officially , the English translation is definitely cancelled.
As for the Original Korean publishing , it's currently on Hiatus so that Naver can decide what to do. (There is chances it gets cancelled too)

hellowwloll said:

Basically , an immigrant kid uses the "You are not nice to me because i'm black" card to bully everyone.
He uses racist slurs , and gets answered back with the N-word.

The Authors tried to talk about reverse racism , but the way they did it was a little bit too crude for the American Instagram community.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 19, 2023 5:42 PM

Jul 2021
Haven't read the manhwa but heard chapter 125 did something racist
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 19, 2023 5:50 PM
Sep 2015
Alexioos95 said:
hellowwloll said:

Officially , the English translation is definitely cancelled.
As for the Original Korean publishing , it's currently on Hiatus so that Naver can decide what to do. (There is chances it gets cancelled too)

hellowwloll said:

Basically , an immigrant kid uses the "You are not nice to me because i'm black" card to bully everyone.
He uses racist slurs , and gets answered back with the N-word.

The Authors tried to talk about reverse racism , but the way they did it was a little bit too crude for the American Instagram community.

I feel like it's more that it felt like it was more people felt like it was perpetuating racism not condemning it then the crude nature of the word. Plus it kind of feels uneeded in comparison to the hurt and history it has on people.
Cassiestar88Sep 19, 2023 6:08 PM
Sep 19, 2023 7:17 PM
Sep 2015
Okk I just read yhe chapter and it's so bad and definitely promotes racism and hermongenous society.From referring to full Koreans as 'pure' to the black = more physically enhanced stereotype ,it frames racism as justified because of an increase in diversity,feels like a Trump fan wrote it ,not to mention the fact the 'problem' the author talks about of South Koreans becoming a minority is false because literally non natives make less then 5% of the population.This whole chapter was disgusting and the use of the N word from what are classed as the heroes in the comic is unforgivable.
Sep 19, 2023 7:18 PM
Sep 2015
memexxpert_ said:
hellowwloll said:

It's cancelled in the US on Hiatus in Korea
Sep 20, 2023 6:46 AM
Oct 2021
Cassiestar88 said:
memexxpert_ said:

It's cancelled in the US on Hiatus in Korea

oh so.. no chapter next week? even not on any fan translation?
Sep 20, 2023 10:46 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not sure if fans will translation will come out but probs depends if Korea takes it off hiatus,but might be a while cause its getting lots of negative press and like me lots of people have dropped it
Sep 20, 2023 12:24 PM
Dec 2021
I really hope this continues.
Sep 25, 2023 2:42 AM
Jul 2021
Sky_1109 said:
they took it down because of chapter 125

why they took it down?
Sep 25, 2023 2:46 AM

Jan 2020
lilieskits said:
Sky_1109 said:
they took it down because of chapter 125

why they took it down?

Because the chapter got a lot of backlash + criticism because of the racism that was in the chapter.
So basically because of the racism that was in the chapter it got taken down
Sep 25, 2023 2:51 AM
Jul 2021
Sky_1109 said:
lilieskits said:

why they took it down?

Because the chapter got a lot of backlash + criticism because of the racism that was in the chapter.
So basically because of the racism that was in the chapter it got taken down

well thanks for the info.. I guess I'll just wait for it to be available
Sep 25, 2023 3:01 AM

Mar 2013
So out of curiousity I read it, and unless there is a translation error, the author screwed up so, so poorly.

>Ethiopian-Korean kids plays the race card anytime anyone tries to call him on his bullshit
>Ethiopian-Korean Kid asks the new teacher, who taught in America, if anyone called him a "Yellow faced Monkey"
>Teacher says that many racial slurs were made towards him, with most of them coming from black people like him
>Calls him the N-word
>Handcuffs the kid

Yeah...I am a bit confused by the chapter. Like, the kid does used the race card, but we also see previously that other characters were racist towards him, so like...what? Also, dropping the N-word to teach him not to be racist? What the fuck was that about? I get the idea of trying to inspire empathy by subjecting someone to the circumstances that they are putting others through, as Atticus Finch would say:

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view—until you climb into his skin and walk around in it
-Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

However, this sort of thing does not really work when it comes to racism. Being racist towards other people will only make them want to be racist in return. It doesn't make any fucking sense. You cannot fight bigotry with bigotry.
PeripheralVisionSep 25, 2023 3:06 AM

More topics from this board

» So.. no more new chapters? or it had been cancelled only on webtoon?

hellowwloll - Feb 26

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 26, 9:36 PM

» Anyone know what's happening with Get Schooled now?

0h_n0_a_username - Oct 30, 2023

6 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 6, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Get Schooled Chapter 125 Discussion

Chika_tetsu - Sep 13, 2023

8 by LordSanctify »»
Sep 29, 2023 1:22 PM

» Well.. i dont know if someone that read it will see that, hope so, ill be thankful if u caan tell me when season 2 is comimg?

hellowwloll - Jul 24, 2023

6 by hellowwloll »»
Aug 13, 2023 2:01 AM

» Satisfying part

YuZh - Dec 23, 2022

0 by YuZh »»
Dec 23, 2022 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.