Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2022 3:23 AM
Aug 2021
I watched One Punch Man season 2 and really liked it but still many people hate it but I do not know why ?
Mar 25, 2022 3:33 AM

Jan 2021
don't hate it but it was meh. More boring than s1 and the animation was worse (still really good but yeah) also too many garou scenes for me
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Mar 25, 2022 3:34 AM

Nov 2021
I Liked it too, but for your answer check reviews of s2, people will point out every thing which you have not considered.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 25, 2022 3:34 AM
Jun 2021
manan_12- said:
I watched One Punch Man season 2 and really liked it but still many people hate it but I do not know why ?

Cause there was a studio change and the animation wasn’t as good as season 1. In my opinion it’s still a good season but the drop in quality can be seen.
Mar 25, 2022 3:51 AM
Dec 2021
compared to s1 it was not good
Mar 25, 2022 4:15 AM

Mar 2021
manan_12- said:

It's not the question about liking or hating it. Its about entertainment. First season made me scream "Faaaaakinnnn aweeesooome" during the fight scenes. The 2nd season was a total let down from what was in first season. The concept was good. But the animation planning was bad
Mar 25, 2022 4:17 AM
Jul 2019
For me the animation is not bad in S2 but the S1 was so much beyond the standards that the S2 seems poorly animated. Accustomed to caviar, other dishes seems bland.

However I found the scenario of the S2 much more interesting than S1.
Mar 25, 2022 4:41 AM
Dec 2012
m4ci3x said:
don't hate it but it was meh. More boring than s1 and the animation was worse (still really good but yeah) also too many garou scenes for me

all of that and that ending, im just waiting for S3 now..
Mar 25, 2022 4:41 AM
Mar 2021
manan_12- said:

it's not bad but in the manga this part was 10/10,anime just didn't caught the feel, fights like metal bat vs giant centipede was very forgettable in anime where it is super amazing in manga, I really recommend reading the manga
Mar 25, 2022 4:45 AM
Jul 2016
Many fans of the anime can’t stand the animation being rougher than the first season but there’s still decent to good ones covering even if not many since the production schedule was too tight anyways so it was expected.

Also to point out S1 had its shortcuts either but it was used well since it had a decent schedule covering it and it’s not all about the budget since even the character designer of opm said that it’s all about schedule and staff not only the budget so having shortcuts doesn’t mean the staff don’t care but they just try to save their time especially of they’re on a deadline so they focus on what is important which what the director of S2 did exactly.
todd2580Mar 25, 2022 4:51 AM
Mar 25, 2022 5:31 AM
May 2021
compared to s1's animation it was nothing that's why people including me didn't like it that much.
Mar 25, 2022 5:32 AM
Jan 2021
Nothing is wrong with it just bcz animation is not as good as S1 people complain but in my opinion its better than S1 and i enjoyed it more bcz it felt like an actual story rather than just fighting monsters and the animation was still pretty nice
Mar 25, 2022 5:33 AM

Apr 2016
manan_12- said:

Cause not everyone is a drone like you.
Mar 25, 2022 5:44 AM

Mar 2017
manan_12- said:

After the change in the studio, the animation quality dropped. Not a huge lot, but one could notice easily.

Plus, if you compare it with the manga (which is not the original source, but it is what really got One Punch Man so praised in terms of art) it is even more noticeable.

Overall, the Madhouse show was more hype, well animated and more faithful to the quality of the art than J.C .Staff. Which is a shame because Garo is an amazing character to animate.

If you want a comparison of scenes/panels, there is a popular YouTuber named Gigguk, and I think that he made a good video explaining why S1 > S2.
Mar 25, 2022 6:16 AM

Nov 2020
I remember this was the first anime I was dissatisfied with cause I expected it to be as good and funny as season 1. I recently re watched it and all I have to say is it’s actually pretty good. Still not better than season 1 but it was very entertaining.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Mar 25, 2022 6:28 AM
Aug 2021
A lot of people talk about the animation, but for me I barely even noticed that much. What bothered me the most was how much slower the story felt in comparison to the first season. I think the general consensus is that the second season isn’t bad by any means, just not as good as the first.
Mar 25, 2022 6:36 AM

Jan 2020
It just isn't the same without the spectacle that was the Animation in S1.
Mar 25, 2022 7:13 AM
May 2016
m4ci3x said:

Garou was the best part of the entire season... it was good, worse than season 1. very good regardless and the complaints about animation are void of reasoning cause most only complained cause the studio changed...
Mar 25, 2022 7:15 AM
Aug 2021
One Punch Man 2nd Season well it's just a Garou
Mar 25, 2022 7:39 AM
Feb 2019
Kaiokek said:
m4ci3x said:

Garou was the best part of the entire season... it was good, worse than season 1. very good regardless and the complaints about animation are void of reasoning cause most only complained cause the studio changed...

Just goes to show how amazing Madhouse is
Mar 25, 2022 7:50 AM
Jul 2021
For me it's not the animation, but it felt like Saitama isn't the main character anymore and I didn't like that.
Mar 25, 2022 8:09 AM

Jan 2021
Kaiokek said:
m4ci3x said:

Okay. It was still boring for me and the comedy in s1 was way better. Also, s1 had Saitama vs Boros and s2 did not.
Mar 25, 2022 8:56 AM
Jan 2022
i don't hate on season 2 but :-
1 the Animation is a little bit lower compared to season 1
2 the motion blur is like the cherry on top
3 the fresh new idea feel is laking in season 2
4 Saitama is a bit off the focus
Mar 25, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
It starts transitioning from a comedy focus anime to serious battle anime and Saitama starts losing his more and more screen time basically the appeal that was unique about it is being shown less and less
And of course animation is not as good as s1
Mar 25, 2022 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
Weebs had high expectations for season 2, even though it adapted correctly from the manga.
Mar 25, 2022 10:07 AM
Jun 2021
manan_12- said:

let me tell you besides the animation ( cause I don't have problem with it) , this season was like , it's not one punch man it's just garao , and don't get me wrong I liked garao very much , much better than Saitama but I wanna see Saitama in action , this season is like Saitama is a side character :D se yeah that's the problem I think
Mar 25, 2022 10:19 AM
Feb 2021
Cuz animation ain’t as good as S1, Season 2 still good cuz if it’s story
Mar 25, 2022 10:28 AM
Dec 2021
m4ci3x said:

Garou for me is the best part in the entire season
Mar 25, 2022 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
Bijou146 said:
m4ci3x said:

Garou for me is the best part in the entire season
I liked him but I would enjoy more Saitama content. Not only comedy too
Mar 25, 2022 11:45 AM
Oct 2021
manan_12- said:

Well for me season 2 has a pretty decent animation, i wouldn't say it's bad since i can't judge that deeply but for me the letdown was the storyline. I have not read Manga but after season 1 i was expecting much more from season 2, like you could literally remember the ending from season 1 but for season 2 it was like you only remember few big moments. No doubt season 2 had a nice ending from the stories (plot) point of view but watching the ending of season 1 and season 2 i would say season 1 was better.
Mar 25, 2022 12:31 PM
Sep 2021
Me personally I love it more than Season 1 too (because of the story and due to the introduction of new characters who were all pretty interesting), And I don’t care too much about the visuals and the audio quality to be honest. Ig the manga readers wanted it to be as perfect as possible and they hated seeing even the slightest drop in quality. They were hating S2 even before it was released, they were hating on it starting from the moment OPM changed studios.
Mar 25, 2022 2:11 PM
Aug 2016
manan_12- said:

You had to have been there in 2019 to really get why it's so disliked. One Punch Man fans were waiting for 4 years for a new season, and after the absolute labor of love that was season one everyone had One Punch Man on an unfathomably high pedestal. Then, once season 2 dropped, everyone was presented with what was just an "alright" product. The direction was okay, the animation was alright, the writing was good, the jokes were fun, but to most people season one had it beat in almost every way. So everyone pretty much wrote it off as a rushed mistake that dropped the standards of the series dramatically.
Mar 25, 2022 2:20 PM

Aug 2018
in my opinion, OPM without the god-tier animation would be ''mid''.
And that's exactly what season 2 was...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 25, 2022 2:43 PM
Mar 2022
I thought it was good, more of a connected storyline. But the villains and the climax seemed lacking…
Mar 25, 2022 2:58 PM
Mar 2022
The manga will always trump the anime but season 2 was good
Mar 25, 2022 6:22 PM
Jan 2021
I think it was a mix between the animation (the love put to season 1 its just not there. Not to say it was bad, but Mob Psyho 100 did a bit better at keeping the quality and character of its first season.)

The story its okay, but there are not many moments of character growth like on s1. Again its was good just not as mind blowing as s1, but considering we could have had a SOA scenario, I think it went fine.
Mar 25, 2022 7:04 PM
Dec 2019
Basically the main issue was that the expectations were too high.
Mar 25, 2022 10:44 PM

Jul 2021
season 2 was just not as good as the first season and thats how it is usually with most anime/shows anyway
Mar 26, 2022 7:42 AM
Dec 2021
manan_12- said:

Probably because Saitama got lesser screentime and fight scenes
Mar 26, 2022 1:00 PM
Jul 2016
freakmaster10 said:
Kaiokek said:

Just goes to show how amazing Madhouse is

Or more like the staff itself who made it actually
Mar 26, 2022 4:54 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I still really liked season 2, but I did prefer season 1
Mar 27, 2022 10:12 AM
Feb 2022
season 1 was kinda boring but not season 2
Mar 28, 2022 2:23 AM
Aug 2020
manan_12- said:

Animation and pacing wasn’t as good as season 1. That’s my only problems but other than that it was still enjoyable
Mar 29, 2022 4:03 AM
Mar 2017
Season 2 is allot more story driven so not as good with it's fights, also different studio worked on the animation and not to be mean but it kind of shows. I swear the leviathan punch was just the season 1 intro traced.
Mar 30, 2022 4:47 AM
Oct 2021
The main issue people had with it was the animation. Season 2 also tended to be more plot driven and tends to have less humor imo. It spends more time with other characters other than Saitama and Genos. The screentime for Saitama I think is noticeably shorter and there's more Small sub plots going on. Season 2 moves away a little bit from the parody of battle Anime/Manga as well. I think it a great season And Personally prefer it to Season 1 by a long shot for focusing more on side characters and world building. Garou and Metal Bat are my favorite characters in the Series so I loved seeing more screen time for them. I also don't care that much for Animation at all I read the webcomic and the art in that is defintely not it's selling point. I think the Plot and Characters are what makes something interesting not how it looks but of course Anime is known for its stunning visuals and battle anime in particular for the fight scenes and there is a noticeable dip in quality between Season 1 and Season 2.
Jul 11, 2022 7:52 AM

Jan 2020
Not gonna lie, the start of this one was weird. The pacing as well considering the wait that we've had. It felt like.. everything happening all at once without much "proper build-up". Still giving it a chance, tho. I still like it, regardless. XD

The animation is also a bit of a step down, but nothing too bad. I've seen worse animation. This isn't it.
Jul 28, 2022 7:56 AM

Apr 2016
Everyone was dull or unlikable except for Garou who was neat but was let down by the anime's abysmal presentation. Even outside of the dire visuals, the show is so flat that it has a hard time selling how menacing and powerful he can be at his worst, which also helps explain why the delivery of the humor this season felt so off compared to S1. The aesthetic change makes the season look dreary and hideous, and that's before we get into how downright incomplete and jagged the animation quality is and how inconsistent the artwork is, especially upon release. There were maybe a small handful of decent cuts in the TV broadcast back in 2019, and while I am aware that the BD release inevitably touched up some of the animation, it's still not a particularly good spectacle series, and that can't fix the terrible aesthetic decisions or how dry and unflattering the rest of the presentation is. It was just a tedious, unpleasant experience all around, and hell, even Saitama feels like much of the development they tried to give him was skipped entirely so he feels pretty disconnected from where I think they were trying to take him post-Boros fight. Plus, the parody becoming generally more straight and serious for most of its run didn't lead to anything compelling regarding the narrative or the characters, even if apparently the arc is supposed to get better later on in what a potential S3 might cover. There's just not a lot of fun to offer, not just compared to S1, but even compared to other well-produced or even acceptably animated action anime in the market unless you genuinely love the aesthetic of this season and were already sold on the supporting cast from S1 and would therefore be about as sold on anyone from S2.
Aug 4, 2022 1:13 AM
Sep 2018
I liked it even more than season 1, the story and everything was much better to me. I didn't even notice much animation difference, maybe just a little, but nothing much. I don't know why everyone is so critical about it, they cry about every little thing instead on focusing just on what is good and enjoying it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
11 hours ago

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.