Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2021 2:03 AM
Jan 2021
OK so to ln reader's I want to ask was it's season 1 adaptation that bad I mean I know it felt rushed but because of that it kept my interest as it does not get boring and kept me hooked.
So do they skip some major stuff, if not than I think it was a decent adaptation.
Nov 6, 2021 2:09 AM
Feb 2021
I loved the show. In matter the fact i want more shows like this one but there are barley any that i havent watched. I loved the animation, yes some of them made his face looked so strange in different convers but i love it.
Nov 6, 2021 2:18 AM
Jun 2021
I don't know anything about source material but the anime is good. It is rushed at the end but it kept me on till the end.
Nov 6, 2021 2:20 AM
Apr 2021
For me, I really like it at the start cuz I thought the mc was cool and op. And then I realised how fucking generic everything in this was. I really hate it but the problem isn't the anime adaptation (the art was pretty good), no, it is the generic story and the generic characters.
Nov 6, 2021 2:35 AM
Oct 2021
I don't hate it, but it was debatable especially for manga readers. IMO the anime adaptation is very enjoyable compared to TPN season 2.
Nov 6, 2021 2:47 AM
Apr 2015
Show was better than I expected. Was going to read the novels but decided to wait for a second season before I did. Glad.
Nov 6, 2021 2:48 AM

Apr 2017
Not a source reader, but I don't think it was bad at all, the plot was interesting and fun and (spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched S1 bc people say it's crap but is thinking about checking it out now)

There's also cute, colorful character designs and some cool architecture in the world so I'd say it was a perfectly fine adaption, definitely not the trash most say it is.

Honestly, OP, people just be hating because it's an isekai. It's rare that an isekai doesn't get hate. Considering the cliffhanger, I'm glad about a S2. In terms of there being a LN, I think you're actually better off not reading and comparing. That way you can watch S2 and just decide for yourself if it's good (as an anime) because, like you said, you thought S1 was okay.

It's a-okay to stray from the majority opinion, it's not like you have to dislike it even if a LN reader said it strayed significantly from the source / sucked / whatever.

Let's just hope the best for S2, no rushed money-grubbing or anything like that. Certainly didn't seem that way in S1.
Nov 6, 2021 3:37 AM

Jul 2012
rishdafish08 said:
For me, I really like it at the start cuz I thought the mc was cool and op. And then I realised how fucking generic everything in this was. I really hate it but the problem isn't the anime adaptation (the art was pretty good), no, it is the generic story and the generic characters.

This comment is basically what I was going to post. Anime ended up wasting it's potential as it started off interesting, main character was pretty op from he start but had issues strength couldn't fix but after he left the city it turned into a generic power fantasy anime where everything goes right for the MC, Oh he found his little sister from another world, Oh he has an OP spirit inside of him, oh he's actually royalty... and all of of this without a single bit of adversity it became boring really quickly to me because the show doesn't actually want anything bad to happen to the MC who is already basically the perfect niceguy protagonist means character growth is already out the window.
Nov 6, 2021 3:43 AM

Feb 2021
Gabbar101 said:
OK so to ln reader's I want to ask was it's season 1 adaptation that bad I mean I know it felt rushed but because of that it kept my interest as it does not get boring and kept me hooked.
So do they skip some major stuff, if not than I think it was a decent adaptation.

It is not bad. It may look bad to a source reader. It is really colorful and the characters and story are fine.
It is not boring like other isekai but still its not the best.
Nov 6, 2021 5:08 AM

Oct 2015
I thought it was okay overall, the pacing was definitely too fast, iirc they adapted 4 volumes. They also did this odd thing where they skipped one volume and adapted the one after, then ended the season on a cliffhanger which was the beginning of the volume they skipped.

What made this worth watching for me was the art, music etc, everything just felt clean and was presented really well. Unfortunately the story and characters themselves didn't live up to those standards in my opinion... but that's not the anime's fault. It was a decent adaptation I think.
Nov 6, 2021 5:52 AM
Aug 2020
I've read the novel, and thought the anime was.. meh. I agree that it is enjoyable for those who watched the anime without reading the source material first. Totally did not regret reading the novel first before watching the anime. Plus i prefer the novel's illustration more than the anime artstyle
Nov 6, 2021 10:48 AM
Feb 2021
It did an ok job especially when compared to most of the recent isekai. I’m glad it’s getting a season 2
Nov 6, 2021 11:01 AM

Sep 2020
Not really tbh. As someone who've read the novels I was actually surprised how well the anime did. Yes they have cut down a lot of the world building from the source material but If you ask me thats for the better considering how painfully slow the first few volumes of this series. The only regrettable thing they did is that they only glossed over the magic in this world leaving many questions behind, but anime onlys prolly wont mind those thing so its all good in the end.

Here's my rating for the arcs
School (vol1) - decent, some world building aspect were removed but still watchable
Spirit Village (vol2) - horrible, they neglected magic in the anime so anything relating to Rio's growth was cut off
Yagumo (vol3) - surprisingly good, I've actually enjoyed the anime ver of this
Cecilia rescue (vol5) - okay-ish, there were weird things that doesn't really make any sense because theyve skipped the Hero summoning (vol4)
Nov 6, 2021 11:17 AM
Jan 2021
I personally don’t try to compare manga/light novels and their anime adaptations. As long as the anime is good, I don’t care what direction they take it. Whether they skip stuff or make a completely different story. Twin Star Exorcists, for example. Love the manga and the anime
Nov 6, 2021 7:38 PM
Dec 2020
Not a LN reader, but actually read the manga before this anime came out and enjoyed the manga a bit more. Not because of any "deviancy from the source material" or whatever, but the manga in general flowed better.

In the end, it's your classic OP MC harem isekai so there's not really too much that can go too bad, but it's pretty good.
Nov 6, 2021 8:01 PM
Jan 2020
I'll be honest, I kinda didn't really like it. The entire thing just felt boring; and I would much rather watch a bad show than a boring one.
Nov 6, 2021 11:28 PM

Jun 2016
As a source reader, I'd say it was fine. They cut out some important bits of info, except then they decided to cram it in super quickly at the end, (saving his childhood friend, hero summoning, etc). Anyone actually invested in the novels might argue the anime adaptation was bad, but I don't think the ln's were amazing to begin with, I think both were just fairly interesting.

In fact, I'd say the anime's pace was better than the light novels though. 16 volumes in, and there's barely been any real development with any of the heroine's or the overall plot.

And it did have that nice sakuga for that last episode climax fight, so yeah, it was more or less a 'good adaptation' of an alright ln.
InorichiNov 6, 2021 11:34 PM
Nov 7, 2021 7:08 PM
Feb 2021
im loved i never hate anime ❤️❤️
Nov 7, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Personally I think the anime quite good but the pacing is too fast from LN PoV. Idk, I haven't picked up the novels. But I'm looking forward for S2. Celia sensei is cute af
Nov 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Aug 2011
As Light Novel reader i think it doing well in adapting to anime format. Rio look like Kitiro OP Harem God
Nov 14, 2021 4:37 AM

Oct 2015
_____dom_____ said:
Show was better than I expected. Was going to read the novels but decided to wait for a second season before I did. Glad.

There are differences between the light novel and anime.

In light novel, Rio saved Miharu and the Sendou siblings before Celia.
Aishia appears in the rock house, seen by Miharu.

In anime, Rio saved Celia before Miharu and the Sendou siblings.
Aishia appears in the Spirit Folk Village, seen by the spirit folks.

And Rio has more difficulties escaping with Celia in the light novel. In the anime, Rio only need to fight off Alfred. In light novel, Rio fights off Alfred and another person, who I will not name due to spoilers, but he is one of the strongest characters in the series.

My advice is to read the light novel and watch the anime and decide which one you prefer. I will not judge until I see the anime season 2 on how they work out on the differences in LN and anime. Well, Amande Invasion arc will be probably in season 2, it is really good in the light novel. And poor Flora. :(
NewestPersonHereNov 14, 2021 4:44 AM
Nov 16, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 2013
Gabbar101 said:

If it weren't for the low budget, I would have said that this was a good adaptation since the director did a great job with the limitations imposed.

Taking into account the changes they made in the anime, just 2 or 3 more episodes for better pacing and animation would have improved the quality already.

As for the changes, they reshuffled the events of Volumes 4 and 5. Miharu's appearance happens before Aishia appears or "kidnapping" Celia from her wedding. It will affect things in the short term, but it doesn't really matter down the line, and doing it the way the anime did it was better for the anime narrative-wise.

Of course, there are some purists who would say otherwise, but the changes made also show that the animation team knew the material if they knew which parts can be safely changed to fit the medium better.

Fun fact: In the WN, Aishia's appearance happens after Rio rescues Celia (and with less fanfare since he visits her two weeks before her wedding instead of the night before). Basically, this part of the novel has been subjected to multiple changes by the author to fit the change in medium since Kitayama apparently asked the animation team to have Aishia appear earlier in the anime.
Nov 28, 2021 4:31 PM

Apr 2017
To most it's generic but really when did we start calling generic tropes generic? The fact this genre is so famous means it's successful generic or not the diversity of Isekai in terms of story and characters are vast and plenty, there are still so many Isekai LNs and Manga out there with all sorts of different plays and I enjoy this Isekai generic it may seem to others or not, I found this adaption to be quite good, sure it looks weird at some parts but it's certainly not a money-grubbing project, I liked this show, and I hope it continues until it outsource it's source material.
Dec 5, 2021 6:22 AM
Dec 2021
love it. favourite bit is the handsome mc.
Dec 15, 2021 7:11 AM
Jun 2014
It's disappointing if you really give a thought about it. The LN was pretty detailed to the point that you become invested in the story and in the characters. You will remember their names, who they are etc. But it was already expected that the anime would surely not meet the expectations from the LN so people's hopes were lower compared to other isekai shows that season. It was clearly rushed and compressed to 12 episodes and some parts were anime exclusive only which confuses a little for the LN readers. Overall, it was alright for a generic isekai. Personally, I stil enjoyed it since I love power-fantasy tropes but I know they could have done better.
Dec 24, 2021 3:12 AM
Apr 2015
As an anime, I thought it was very well done. Considering the fact that they tried to condense 5 volumes with some re-arrangements made it I thought the pacing felt fine (minus the last episode). I loved the transition to the ending theme at the end of the episodes which made each episode feel like it’s own journey. FYI, I’ve read both the source material as well as the manga.
Dec 24, 2021 10:47 AM
May 2021
exLightning said:
rishdafish08 said:

This comment is basically what I was going to post. Anime ended up wasting it's potential as it started off interesting, main character was pretty op from he start but had issues strength couldn't fix but after he left the city it turned into a generic power fantasy anime where everything goes right for the MC, Oh he found his little sister from another world, Oh he has an OP spirit inside of him, oh he's actually royalty... and all of of this without a single bit of adversity it became boring really quickly to me because the show doesn't actually want anything bad to happen to the MC who is already basically the perfect niceguy protagonist means character growth is already out the window.

Hey, as a LN reader I do recommend you di keep watching or even read the LN. The anime doesn't adapt it that well but basically the LN claerly focusses more on the thoughts and feelings of the characters.

In the following I would not say that I included spoiler but rather explain the story that has been adapted but I added what was ridden in the LN.

The character does not want anyone to get close to him.. he actually is really conflicted between his Japanese ideals and his Rio personality. In the first chapter of the LN he talks about taking revenge. In the anime it doesnot hey touched upon but in the LN he consistently thinks he does not deserve connections.
In the anime I think it was Ulma mentioned that he doesn't call her by her first name even though they knew each other. In the LN Rio thinks he should not get closer to her since he is a piece of trash as he wants to kill his mother's murderer while she instead is a wonderful person.
This also continues in the village of gjs dad. The girl (forgot her name) asks to join him. In anime he immediately denies her in the LN he also is conflicted. At this point he slowly started to notice that other people care about him, but he does not want that. He instead thinks he is trash and does not deserve that others care about him.

Anyways the LN mainly deals with his conflicting thoughts. I highly recommend you to keep watching/reading.

Just about to arrive home so i have to stop writing everyone I wish you a happy Christmas
Dec 24, 2021 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
nonamemo said:
exLightning said:

Hey, as a LN reader I do recommend you di keep watching or even read the LN. The anime doesn't adapt it that well but basically the LN claerly focusses more on the thoughts and feelings of the characters.

In the following I would not say that I included spoiler but rather explain the story that has been adapted but I added what was ridden in the LN.

The character does not want anyone to get close to him.. he actually is really conflicted between his Japanese ideals and his Rio personality. In the first chapter of the LN he talks about taking revenge. In the anime it doesnot hey touched upon but in the LN he consistently thinks he does not deserve connections.
In the anime I think it was Ulma mentioned that he doesn't call her by her first name even though they knew each other. In the LN Rio thinks he should not get closer to her since he is a piece of trash as he wants to kill his mother's murderer while she instead is a wonderful person.
This also continues in the village of gjs dad. The girl (forgot her name) asks to join him. In anime he immediately denies her in the LN he also is conflicted. At this point he slowly started to notice that other people care about him, but he does not want that. He instead thinks he is trash and does not deserve that others care about him.

Anyways the LN mainly deals with his conflicting thoughts. I highly recommend you to keep watching/reading.

Just about to arrive home so i have to stop writing everyone I wish you a happy Christmas

Lol Merry Christmas, I appreciate your comment but internal conflict isn't really what I was hoping for, everything just goes too well for him after he leaves the city that I lost interest, if it was a chill slice of life anime that would be fine but it's an action adventure anime there should be actual stakes and challenges for him to overcome that aren't solved instantly.
Anyway I'll probably watch the next season if there isn't too else much I want to watch.
Dec 25, 2021 1:26 AM
May 2021
exLightning said:
nonamemo said:

Lol Merry Christmas, I appreciate your comment but internal conflict isn't really what I was hoping for, everything just goes too well for him after he leaves the city that I lost interest, if it was a chill slice of life anime that would be fine but it's an action adventure anime there should be actual stakes and challenges for him to overcome that aren't solved instantly.
Anyway I'll probably watch the next season if there isn't too else much I want to watch.

Ok I really recommend it. The first 3 books, only serve as an introduction. The main story is about to start with the next season
Dec 25, 2021 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
It was average people don't hate it just because it's an isekai (although I am sure that's part of it) I distinctly remember how often the 2D animation was wonky as shit and characters despite being well designed looked off model.

That being said the latter can be said for a lot of anime especially nowadays, just an average isekai right down to its animation.
Jan 9, 2022 9:06 AM
Sep 2021
In my opinion no. I fell it was amazing.
Jan 29, 2022 6:21 AM

Jun 2020
A bit bad if you will ask me. the last 3 episodes are rushed but I really liked this show from the start. It's just that it felt unnatural and rushed at the end.
Feb 26, 2022 8:38 PM

Feb 2016
I liked it, it’s not a masterpiece but kept me entertained for a few hours. I’ll watch the 2nd season
May 26, 2022 5:24 PM

Feb 2014
Above average, the animation was acceptable, some side characters (like in a lot of these type of shows) felt like NPCs, they skipped most of volume 4 and a bit of volume 3 as well.
Aug 25, 2022 7:56 PM
Mar 2016
Idk about this stuff but season 1 ended with a huge cliffhanger. and unlike other anime cliffhanger.
Nov 13, 2022 11:48 AM
Aug 2012
I am part way into the 4th light novel and been re-watching some episodes to see the differences. Light novels will always have more details and anime always cut some parts out or make little changes. I am at the point where Rio saves the 3 Japanese kids from the slave traders. I already knew this part was put after the wedding part due to it fitting better to end the season like that.

The anime does not skip anything important. I find that reading light novels of good anime series is really nice.
Nov 30, 2022 10:37 AM
Oct 2018
Kirito_online said:
To most it's generic but really when did we start calling generic tropes generic? The fact this genre is so famous means it's successful generic or not the diversity of Isekai in terms of story and characters are vast and plenty, there are still so many Isekai LNs and Manga out there with all sorts of different plays and I enjoy this Isekai generic it may seem to others or not, I found this adaption to be quite good, sure it looks weird at some parts but it's certainly not a money-grubbing project, I liked this show, and I hope it continues until it outsource it's source material.

when it feels really same-y
Dec 9, 2022 11:26 PM
Jan 2022
for me it created a lot of expectation with the last ep.
Mar 6, 2023 11:35 PM
Dec 2013
I accidently found this gem of an anime but going off these opinions on almost every single anime, it almost makes me glad that I don't really read LN's and I only occasionally find myself reading a manga because an anime decides to give me a cliff hanger.
Mar 17, 2023 4:59 PM

Apr 2019
I really enjoyed this anime. I have not read the light novels but the anime did not seem bad to me. Maybe people go in with too high of expectation?
Jun 14, 2023 5:16 AM
Oct 2014
From my perspective, as a novel reader, the show feels rushed and completely derailed from the material.

I will explain a bit about the exchange of plot here. So beware of the spoiler.

That may be why the author needs to find a solution about the way to find the plot on track once again. Thus making the schedule is still undecided.

So, yeah, it's not a bad adaptation per se, but the way how they handle the plot is questionable. I wonder what approach they make for the second season of the anime.
AsyfiyaJun 14, 2023 5:19 AM

More topics from this board

» Season2 release time

Vicky1000 - Aug 5, 2023

9 by saiful99 »»
May 23, 10:46 AM

» Set to air next year

Dbagas8 - Aug 4, 2023

6 by Punkero »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:57 AM

» When will we get more info?

FearYago - Jul 25, 2022

30 by Akai-Raion »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:15 PM

» Which Studio?

Penguatix - Sep 25, 2022

4 by NewestPersonHere »»
Sep 25, 2022 4:38 PM

» Hype?

RetiredUser - Nov 5, 2021

35 by FajnyReznik »»
Jul 26, 2022 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.