Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 2, 2019 10:29 PM
Apr 2015
Klad said:
The few last minutes were the only worthy parts of this episode sadly. It had incredibly wack sounds and the directing is so bland and predictable it's painful. Also, they never really animate proper movements of action. It's just either a still image with a bunch of sounds in it or a looped, 4 frame movement of the characters.

Honestly, without Saitama this show would be worse than your average action show. Thank god Saitama is in it.

Hhhh
This ep have good animation
You should watch well
Don't said stupid things
Jun 3, 2019 2:45 AM
May 2017
KatieManorUK said:
Dust_Eyezz said:
I think Saitama is getting ignored too hard this season. It doesn't feel like one punch man anymore. The last minute or so was good tho.

Agreed.

Ngl, there's always been an element of Saitama not being around till the very end and focusing on the other characters because we know that as soon as Saitama arrives the situation is gonna be cleared up. This is a big element of the comedy we've learnt to love from it and gives us a chance to learn about other characters....

BUT...

these characters are just boring as hell... I couldn't care about them at all tbh because MOST of them are just so bland and boring... Compare it to the Sea King episodes. We learnt so much about these characters who became staples of that season and there was quite a few. This season I can't even remember names or faces that's how unforgettable they are. Saitama being unpresent is a running theme but his disappearance has always been carried by other interesting characters. These are not interesting characters.

If I had gone in this season not knowing this was One Punch Man I wouldn't of thought Saitama was meant to be the main character tbh.
All I can think of is Charanko, Genos and Stream. I don't remember the rest.
Jun 3, 2019 8:43 AM

May 2016
I'm not sure if it's because of the past few episodes being so disappointing and boring to go through but I actually enjoyed this episode a lot for once. There were definitely less stills and the animated fighting moves weren't all blurry messes like before. The sound effects are still bizarre but the episode was entertaining enough for me to give it a pass this time.

Despite being glossed over during the tournament itself, it's pretty nice that the fighters that ate the monster cells were given a lot more attention. That part where Suiryuu got backed up by Snek and Max to fight those Machine Gun Crows was really cool too. Gouketsu and Bakuzan looked decent and that's saying a lot for monsters like them.

That last frame with Saitama's quite lovely even if his appearance before that looked pretty iffy~

Jun 3, 2019 11:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid episode!

Probably my favourite of this season so far (and I’ve finally caught up to proceedings) but that’s not really saying much considering how shallow this Season has been so far, to One Punch Man’s standards. Dope final moments though, can’t wait to see Saitama let loose! Pretty good buildup with Suiryu’s cries and just the overall tone of the whole episode. I wonder if Saitama will get to face that Bakuzan senior though but it’s probably more likely that we won’t until this Season’s finale, I suppose.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 4, 2019 5:36 AM

Dec 2016
May next ep be actually good.
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 4, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2008
Still checking my phone more than my TV... it's boring, the animation was really bad and the sound effects... wow.
Jun 4, 2019 8:13 PM

Aug 2009
Are people seriously saying this is boring? This show has alot more fun going on than the 1st season.
Jun 6, 2019 10:41 PM

Dec 2014
more saitama action..I know everyone is weak...my man saitama where are you
Jun 7, 2019 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Ep8 fighting feels like DBZ tier of progress, almost too slow. Also the past couple episodes there aren't enough MC screen time, guess there's nothing to show anyway because things ends in a second with him.
Jun 8, 2019 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
Hey, the pacing is better than ep 7 at least.

Suiryu being tortured was fine, I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 8, 2019 1:10 AM
Dec 2012
Every episode I don't see One-Punch man one punch something I down rate this show a little more.

I seriously don't understand how its got such a high rank when Saitama has been pushed into being more of a special cameo appearance than the main character.
Jun 11, 2019 4:52 AM

May 2012
the direction of the episode is so baddd... :(( everything including bgm and music feels too bland. nothing stands out. sure, many viewers who came here might have read the manga, so however they direct the season, it won't change the narrative/story of the series. but why make anime if only for the story it tells?
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Jun 11, 2019 7:10 PM

Mar 2013
I really like the ending for this episode.
Jun 12, 2019 12:47 AM

Nov 2012
Damn they really made me feel despair there ;--; ty saitama for coming to the rescue
Jun 21, 2019 12:29 AM

Feb 2017
Jesus Christ what are those sound effects? Those bass boosted *vooms* and *zooms* were pretty bad and overused already but they really out here using gun shots as punching sounds nnnnn
Jul 1, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man Suiryuu was so badass this episode, he's just earned a new fanboy.

Would be funny if he became a hero later on.
Jul 1, 2019 3:00 PM
May 2016
FL0W3R4Y0U said:
Liked the episode quite a bit! However....no one noticed that when Suiryu was getting beat up they used the M4A4 sounds from CS:GO?

I noticed it instantly (i have over 1000 hours in CS:GO) XD

It bugged me so much that it ruined the whole episode for me

Edit: This is a Comparison i've just made for the Sound effects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmJGl1EugIk&feature=youtu.be

My editing skills are pretty bad but i thing you get the point
Jul 2, 2019 4:06 AM

Jul 2013
Suiryu yelling for help, dude was pretty fucking pathetic but damn he sure was humbled. That was really awesome.
Jul 9, 2019 8:59 AM

Jun 2017
this was BY FAR the most impactful episode of the season. it was truly incredibly well done. and once again it felt like a well executed wrestling angle taken up several notches. have to give big credit to both the writer and director on this one.
Jul 11, 2019 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, pushing poor Suiryu all the way to the edge and then Saitama swooping in!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 13, 2019 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Suriyus ass got beaten like crazy. Goketsu and the transformed Bakuzan are in an complete different league + he's human and they're monsters. I think he was surprised that even Snek and Max came back even if they knew they had no chance. I guess Suriyu will appreaciate heros much more in the future.

It's such an up and down with the animation within an episode. At some points you could really ask yourself if you're watching the same show. That hurts a lot if you saw the first season but nonthenless I like OPM as a whole and even the animation of this season won't change that.

Saitamas appearance at the end was just 10/10.

Jul 28, 2019 1:12 AM

Dec 2018
Metal Knight is captured.

Sooooo, Watchdog Man have the power of a dog? lol.

Max and Snek get rekt again just like in S1.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
Damn Saitama kept us waiting, onto the one punch

Feb 8, 2020 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
This was definitely a better episode over some of the previous ones. But it is starting to feel less about Saitama and more about other stuff like Garo or the monster invasion.
Apr 7, 2020 8:51 PM

Jan 2014
This was so hard to watch omg
the monster cells are so gross i felt like vomiting every time they pulsed or some hero gobbled them up >< they remind me of blood clots yuck

and watching siryuu get tortured was so sad hes such a pretty boy why they have to do him dirty like that T.T
Apr 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
How the hell are they going to use gun sounds for the impact of the bird beaks ... it literally sounds exactly like the M4A4 from CSGO.

Serious mode for Saitama it seems.
Episode was actually alright, Suiryu definitely felt despair.
Jul 23, 2020 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
I love Watchdog Man!

Ah Suiryu got trashed...and "Caped Baldy" came like hero he is.

The Monster Association's lair is in the wasteland outside City Z, is that near the ghost town of City Z? ...because we all know by now who lives there.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 1, 2020 5:45 PM
Feb 2020
Ah so now he wants a hero, Pretty boy is not laughing now. Thoroghly deserved beatdown. He was arrogant af.

Glad that all those (well most of those) selfish fighters got a thorough beat down after they traded in their humanity.

So did he really go home change into his hero uniform then come back to fight. I was wondering when, or if the Title Character and Hero who fights Monsters would deign to show up to fight the monsters in his own show.

Jan 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2019
Yeah, the first couple episodes were much better. I liked the whole Garou v hero's thing better than this monster invasion.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 1, 2021 11:17 AM

Oct 2020
Okay that was too much. Saitama took too much time to be here. What in the world he was doing. I thought he was nearby. However Suiryo is saved somehow. I respect him. He didn't ate those filthy cells. Quite a show Goketsu.

Looks like only Saitama can defeat these monsters. There is some hope from Tornado, Metal knight and Drive knight. I wonder if Blast still comes out. This hero looks total waste even he is a Rank 1 class A.
Apr 25, 2021 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
The pacing was really slow this episode in comparison to the previous episodes. And I agree with people that Saitama doesn't get enough screentime, he's the reason I'm watching this after all. Though I guess that's the problem with overpowered main characaters. To show someone struggling, you have to give less interesting and weaker side characters more screentime which obviously takes away from the protagonist.
Aug 26, 2022 2:59 AM
Jan 2021
not loved it cause in the start of a battle is the end of that episode, the rest i super duper extreme
Oct 14, 2023 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
I'm guessing the reason Saitama took so long to show up was because he was getting his outfit from home but still lol. Those fighters and heroes got annihilated, plus a few ended up turning into monsters. Could've picked up the pace a bit man, we know how fast you can run Saitama.
Nov 22, 2023 7:53 PM

Jul 2021
THE GOAT SAITAMA coming in to save the day.

Dec 10, 2023 3:32 AM

Nov 2023
Damn alien invasion
Dec 30, 2023 12:58 AM
Apr 2018
Better than the last episode. Building some more plot finally for this season!
May 15, 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Watching Suiryu get a chance to look genuinely badass before getting humbled really sold the impact of his helplessness at the end.

And the goosebumps from Saitama's arrival tho
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

235 by FarCritical »»
May 14, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.