Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 17, 2023 3:48 AM

May 2014
I felt like a lot happened this episode. Very fun. I like how a lot of the cases pan multiple episodes. Going into it I thought it'd be a 1 or 2 episodes per case kind of structure. 
Aug 17, 2023 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Tsinelas said:
This would be another victory for Lupin if not for the extraordinary powers at play.

I guess they gonna all team up against those freaks.

Yeah Lupin clearly seems to be in a disadvantage here. I wonder if he's got more up his sleeve though.

Also, waiting for the Phantom to do something lol.
Aug 17, 2023 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Antanaru said:
Sadly, it got almost as boring as Kyoukou Suri. Background characters get way too much screen time and subplots completely overshadow the main story line. After all that it's hard to care when the main antagonist finally shows up. When the vampire, satanist and serial killer appeared, it took me a while to realize they were with the guy who stole Aya's body, since it all just blends into background noise.

That was the opposite of boring, though! So much action in this one!
Aug 17, 2023 5:12 AM
May 2021
gawed said:
easily one of the best episodes of the entire season , this should be voted #1 for this week in the anitrendz polls. an amazing battle royale !

Agree totally, 2nd best new anime of the season after Zom 100.
Aug 17, 2023 5:12 AM

Oct 2022
Looks like everyone ended up showing up. I actually can’t wait for next episode, looking forward to Tsugaru and and the new Oni slayer interaction. Next episode about to be even more hectic than this one…
Aug 17, 2023 5:58 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Woah. Things are going down!! With so many plot twists and changes in direction, I can't believe this wasn't a 40-minute special episode. The pacing felt so natural, and yet so much happened.

We're introduced to the characters that were foreshadowed before, Aleister Crowley is an intriguing character. I love the concept. Fatima seems to have some kind of night-vision of echolocation based on her fight with the Phantom. I wonder if he's dead now? Or will he play a bigger role now that a third party is threatening the mansion?

The shot of Tsugaru, Lupin, and the white soldier fighting for the diamond under the moon was mwah~ This episode was everything I could've hoped for. Undead Murder Farce never disappoints!
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Aug 17, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2017
Aya san holding onto the box with her teeth was funny lmao. Gonna be lots of fighting next episode, I can see the Sherlock Holmes fight looking very weird and unnatural, if he does end up fighting like Tsugaru.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Aug 17, 2023 8:04 AM

Dec 2022
If Holmes had kept his mouth shut instead of showing off to Lupin, Lupin wouldn't have got to the diamond lmao.
Aug 17, 2023 8:11 AM

May 2017
rohimir said:
auroraloose said:
That was a letdown. First, it should've left Holmes at a loss, rather than having him save face figuring out where Lupin was. I was also disappointed in Aya's scheme; a jumpscare? That does almost nothing, other than potentially get her captured. So even in the machinations the show fails.

Tsugaru, Lupin, and sword guy punching each other flying through the air was the best part, I think, and Tsugaru's story was also good. But the episode wasted Aya, who is the center; and now we have to deal with the big rotten mass of references that is Moriarty's crew. It should be obvious that the performative appeal to historical and literary characters is lazy writing. Undead Murder Farce is turning out to be a good idea lazily executed—one that could actually have been interesting but settled for reference popcorn. Well, at least this season has Dark Gathering.

I don't think Aya's head was in the safe just for startling Lupin. I thought it was acting more like an alive GPS to alert Tsugaru of Lupin's position. Although that plan didn't go so well.
But I share your concern about M's crew. They seem too one-dimensional at first glance. I hope, like Bungou, more personality gets added into them as the story progresses.

I think that'd make more sense if Tsugaru or the maid were able to sense where Aya was somehow—which is clearly not the case given that they literally lost her last episode. If all she can do is surprise Lupin once, and maybe scream once, that's not a solid plan given how big the place is. Of course, that doesn't stop the story from conveniently having the plan work anyway: It can frame the plan as clever whether or not that's actually the case. And whether or not the viewer questions it then depends on how easily pleased and distracted the viewer is.

Again, as I've said more than once, it's not like I'm hating on Undead Murder Farce for no reason, or that there aren't aspects I like. It's when a show is disappointing—particularly when it shows promise, as this has—that I'm most critical. I'm skeptical that it can save itself by fleshing out any of its newer characters; it's clear at this point that reference overload is the primary reason they're there, and that the show is using this as a replacement for good writing. I'll still watch for Aya and Tsugaru, though—and for the fun I get analyzing it.
Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est
Aug 17, 2023 8:19 AM

Jun 2021
Multiple battles happening in one episode what a chaos.  diamond in the rough lol
Aug 17, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2022
Lol, lupin really didn't see that one coming. Last episode I found it a bit weird that towards the end when tsugaru was talking and carrying aya's cage, aya wasn't saying anything.
Aug 17, 2023 10:47 AM

Dec 2017
Great episode this week, once again. The soundtrack was especially good this time.
Aug 17, 2023 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
auroraloose said:
rohimir said:

I don't think Aya's head was in the safe just for startling Lupin. I thought it was acting more like an alive GPS to alert Tsugaru of Lupin's position. Although that plan didn't go so well.
But I share your concern about M's crew. They seem too one-dimensional at first glance. I hope, like Bungou, more personality gets added into them as the story progresses.

I think that'd make more sense if Tsugaru or the maid were able to sense where Aya was somehow—which is clearly not the case given that they literally lost her last episode. If all she can do is surprise Lupin once, and maybe scream once, that's not a solid plan given how big the place is. Of course, that doesn't stop the story from conveniently having the plan work anyway: It can frame the plan as clever whether or not that's actually the case. And whether or not the viewer questions it then depends on how easily pleased and distracted the viewer is.

Again, as I've said more than once, it's not like I'm hating on Undead Murder Farce for no reason, or that there aren't aspects I like. It's when a show is disappointing—particularly when it shows promise, as this has—that I'm most critical. I'm skeptical that it can save itself by fleshing out any of its newer characters; it's clear at this point that reference overload is the primary reason they're there, and that the show is using this as a replacement for good writing. I'll still watch for Aya and Tsugaru, though—and for the fun I get analyzing it.
Yeah I understand your concerns and I didn't say that I think youi're hating on it for no reason. I feel like the plot is slowly boiling right now and that we'll see more well-written plot twists in the future.

About the characters I think we sould give the a chance and some time to see how they develop. I feel like it's too early to condemn them.  
Aug 17, 2023 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
fathandz said:
Lol, lupin really didn't see that one coming. Last episode I found it a bit weird that towards the end when tsugaru was talking and carrying aya's cage, aya wasn't saying anything.
Ohhh I went and watched that bit and you're right. Good catch! I love the little hints we get.
Aug 17, 2023 11:13 AM

Jan 2019
Love all the characters managing to outsmart each other in different ways, as well as all the moving parts now all hell has broken lose at the mansion.

Aug 17, 2023 11:13 AM
Jun 2023
3 words :" HOT VAMPIRE MOMMY"
Aug 17, 2023 2:14 PM

May 2017
rohimir said:
auroraloose said:

Yeah I understand your concerns and I didn't say that I think youi're hating on it for no reason. I feel like the plot is slowly boiling right now and that we'll see more well-written plot twists in the future.

About the characters I think we sould give the a chance and some time to see how they develop. I feel like it's too early to condemn them.  

Yeah—that actually wasn't aimed at you, so sorry it kind of sounded like it. Rather, other people here have reacted strongly against my criticism recently, and I thought I should reiterate that I'm not just trying to hate on the show.
Aug 17, 2023 2:57 PM

Sep 2017
Really fun. I thought for sure this case would end this episode but we got the plot getting in the way of the resolution. Still I think it'll probably be over next episode, but maybe we will get a confrontation with Aya and the doctor dude this early? What will the rest of the season be then? Like another unrelated case? That could be fun but is a bit weird. Guess we'll see how this wraps up.
Aug 17, 2023 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
auroraloose said:
rohimir said:

Yeah—that actually wasn't aimed at you, so sorry it kind of sounded like it. Rather, other people here have reacted strongly against my criticism recently, and I thought I should reiterate that I'm not just trying to hate on the show.

Yeah I understand. People - especially anime fans - tend to be very sensitive when you criticize something they like. But I feel pike your criticism is mostly valid. The villains being just caricatures of famous of the past is a real concern
Aug 17, 2023 6:13 PM
Jul 2020
Episode was great, a lot of suspension left for next episode that did leave me a bit pissed. I hate when there's a cliffhanger when the story is getting good. Very excited to see Tsuguru and the red oni fight next episode.
Aug 17, 2023 6:14 PM
Jul 2020
phantomfandom said:
This is not just a 3-way battle, it's a 4-way battle!
*the red oni when he joins Tsuguru, Lupin, and the albino guy next episode*
Aug 17, 2023 6:39 PM

Nov 2022
Curious to see how Aya is going to handle herself considering she's the most helpless person here and I doubt Sherlock isn't nearly as capable as Tsugaru or any of the other nearly or decidedly super human individuals here. 
Aug 17, 2023 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
So Shizuku is going to 1v1 a vampire while Tsgaru is going to have a good old fashion triple threat match with Lupin and Reynold. Also...fucking Fatima is taking on Phantom. This is going to be a fun couple of weeks boys!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 17, 2023 8:47 PM
May 2019
Esse episódio foi de longe o pior do anime até agora, tenho até q comentar em pt dessa vez. Meu, fizeram do Sherlock um idiota, fazendo coisas muito burras q ele nunca faria. Me desaponta e me irrita um pouco pq Sherlock Holmes é minha série de livros favorita.
Tô sentindo q o trio de protagonistas tá ficando de lado e estão dando muito destaque para outros personagens... O episódio só foi ficar interessante no finalzinho e mesmo assim não posso negar q tá tudo uma bagunça. Principalmente com o tanto de referências literárias aleatórias q colocaram nessa estória q não tá pra brincadeira não, viu? O grupinho do Moriarty já é uma farofa insana por si só, isso se ignorarmos todas as outras referências...

Enfim, só espero q dê uma melhorada no próximo ep pq esse foi basicamente só gastação de tempo...
MoonLuhAnaAug 17, 2023 8:52 PM
Aug 17, 2023 9:07 PM

Oct 2022
Best change of pace, for me. Not only we have Tsugaru referencing their Trojan Horse strategy during the chase, but the Three Stooges fighting.

Aug 17, 2023 9:10 PM
Oct 2021
what the helll i really liked this ep😭
i laughed and got so hyped
Aug 17, 2023 9:14 PM

May 2019
Pretty chaotic episode with now 4 groups fighting for the diamond. I gotta say that was clever in the use of the rope when the water was rushing into the safe room, also I figured Lupin was going to be one of the characters in disguise inside the safe but the way Sherlock found out was impressive.

That new group looks pretty intimidating and apparently they don't care how many people they kill to get to their objective. On that note, while Carmilla is hot, I hope (and think) that Shizuku will win in their fight. Btw, Shizuku's weapon looks badass 👍
Aug 17, 2023 10:07 PM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
auroraloose said:
That was a letdown. First, it should've left Holmes at a loss, rather than having him save face figuring out where Lupin was. I was also disappointed in Aya's scheme; a jumpscare? That does almost nothing, other than potentially get her captured. So even in the machinations the show fails.

Tsugaru, Lupin, and sword guy punching each other flying through the air was the best part, I think, and Tsugaru's story was also good. But the episode wasted Aya, who is the center; and now we have to deal with the big rotten mass of references that is Moriarty's crew. It should be obvious that the performative appeal to historical and literary characters is lazy writing. Undead Murder Farce is turning out to be a good idea lazily executed—one that could actually have been interesting but settled for reference popcorn. Well, at least this season has Dark Gathering.
Personally I disagree with this, and in my opinion this episode may have been the best episode of all time in anime. The antagonists have been foreshadowed before and are obviously the main villains, so this isn't just some random side characters that the story is wasting its time on: these are THE bad guys, breaking in and setting the main plot into motion with a bang when we were expecting another case-solving episode. Great subversion of expectations and misdirecting.

I honestly don't have many thoughts about Aya's plot, she alerted Tsugaru of their location and taking it at face value it was a nice twist lol. I think letting Tsugaru know where they were was the main point instead of jumpscaring, as you stated, it would do virtually nothing

As someone who isn't too well-versed in fictional characters of this kind and therefore doesn't quite get all the references, the characters are fun to me. Obviously I can't change your mind on them, but I found Aleister Crowley fascinating. They've also seem to have done their own mix with one of the characters who has red oni marks like Tsugaru does! Looking at Holmes, I can understand how one would think that they're just cheap carbon copies making cameos, but I truly think that these villains are gonna play a big part in the main plot and I'm super excited to see more.
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Aug 17, 2023 10:50 PM

Dec 2022
Mmm it feels like they are extending this a bit too much hope next episode something happens because they kept going to different people as hinting each will have a section battle separate which will only make this longer.
Aug 18, 2023 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
ProofByColor said:
Really fun. I thought for sure this case would end this episode but we got the plot getting in the way of the resolution. Still I think it'll probably be over next episode, but maybe we will get a confrontation with Aya and the doctor dude this early? What will the rest of the season be then? Like another unrelated case? That could be fun but is a bit weird. Guess we'll see how this wraps up.

I think that it can actually take 2 more episodes for this case to be resolved. And I think that when Aya meets the doc it will be the end of the prologue and we'll get into the main story.
Aug 18, 2023 4:24 AM

Sep 2018
Goddamn, that Vampire had a nice ass lol
Aug 18, 2023 5:51 AM

Oct 2022
It seems the Royce people aren't as strong as I expected. I thought they were strong enough to easily destroy an Oni Slayer, but they just seem to be above average superhuman and talented with certain things, like Fatima able to use those special crossbows so diligently.
Aug 18, 2023 6:32 AM

Feb 2021
It's all just because of diamond :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 18, 2023 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
This has become a battle royale somehow.
Aug 18, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 2018
Damn Tsugaru and Lupin going full on ham with getting that diamond xD

Shizuku vs Camila fight should be interesting, Yuri one maybe? ;)

Btw Fatima is such a cute badass ❤️
Aug 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
rohimir said:
Vooo said:
They made sure to make Sherlock look like ass all the time. Sheesh be more clever about, -15dkp....sloppy japan cmon

LMAO. I don't think he looks like ass but they definitely nerfed him. I think it's because they want to showcase more Aya's intelligence and feared that it would get overshadowed by Shelrock's. A bit disappointing, I won't lie.
you right, I feel the same way but they continuously do it every episode :D  maybe a lil teamwork rather than whats happening now 
Aug 18, 2023 6:13 PM

Dec 2022
Ahh. The old men crew has joined the fight. Clearly they're going to come out unscathed though. I still wonder how that's going to change things going forward though after this arc ends.

Aug 18, 2023 8:26 PM
May 2017
damn that vampire ass fat as hell, too bad she prolly gonna die
Aug 18, 2023 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
Curiouswanderer said:

Lmao don't think they'll go that far but that does sound fun!
Aug 19, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2022
Yeah somehow i don't think a tiny bridge and a tiny mote could really keep these literal superhuman/monsters trapped, but I suppose it's the thought that counts.
Aug 19, 2023 3:04 AM
Sep 2018
TheLerian said:
Curiouswanderer said:

Lmao don't think they'll go that far but that does sound fun!
Just a idea to make us watchers go wild even more xD
Aug 19, 2023 10:53 AM

May 2017
Rajidae said:
auroraloose said:

Personally I disagree with this, and in my opinion this episode may have been the best episode of all time in anime. The antagonists have been foreshadowed before and are obviously the main villains, so this isn't just some random side characters that the story is wasting its time on: these are THE bad guys, breaking in and setting the main plot into motion with a bang when we were expecting another case-solving episode. Great subversion of expectations and misdirecting.

I honestly don't have many thoughts about Aya's plot, she alerted Tsugaru of their location and taking it at face value it was a nice twist lol. I think letting Tsugaru know where they were was the main point instead of jumpscaring, as you stated, it would do virtually nothing

As someone who isn't too well-versed in fictional characters of this kind and therefore doesn't quite get all the references, the characters are fun to me. Obviously I can't change your mind on them, but I found Aleister Crowley fascinating. They've also seem to have done their own mix with one of the characters who has red oni marks like Tsugaru does! Looking at Holmes, I can understand how one would think that they're just cheap carbon copies making cameos, but I truly think that these villains are gonna play a big part in the main plot and I'm super excited to see more.

Hmm—the best anime episode. Well it certainly wasn't this one, but I don't think I've ever thought of what would be.
This episode might be called action distraction, though it's not as if the action was boring. As for Moriarty et. al., that they were foreshadowed doesn't mean they can't still be a mess of performative references with little substance. They function as fake symbols of effort—cheese doodles rather than steak.
Aug 19, 2023 1:28 PM
Jun 2023
The final fight reminded me a lot of Pirates of The Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest.
Aug 19, 2023 5:05 PM

Aug 2016
Very chaotic but in a good way. Love that they were laughing and having fun at the end there. All I wanna see is Shizuku’s moves.
Aug 19, 2023 8:22 PM
Oct 2016
GOD DAMNN CARMILA
Aug 19, 2023 11:31 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! action packed! 
lolz i knew somethings-up with the previous upper-cut of Lupin to Tsugaru, it because he ain't serious about the fight! he's holding back! but anywayz looks like there are others who wants chaos/disturbance huh...
4/5.

Aug 20, 2023 4:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
They really turned this into a battle royale with historic figures, this was hella action-packed. 

Looks like there will be a conclusion to this next episode. 
Aug 20, 2023 7:21 PM
Feb 2021
The title of the episode was “Free for All”. It’s about as accurate as it gets. There was just so much happening in this episode. I did laugh pretty hard at the Jack in the Box maneuver with the safe.
Aug 21, 2023 11:39 AM
Nov 2022
Entonces tenemos que el viejo que robo el cuerpo con M es Moriarty, que tiene a su servicio a una angulosa Vampira, un loco de los trucos, una monstruo de frankeinstain y posiblemente a un mata onis version roja. Tremenda pelea entra la frialdad de Shizuku y las curvas de Camile, mientras tanto Sherlock y Watson contra mi amigo el de los trucos, por otro lado es increible ver la pelea entre Lupin, Tsugaru y el otro que no me acuerdo.

So we have that the old man who stole the body with M is Moriarty, who has at his service an angular Vampire, a crazy trickster, a frankenstein monster and possibly a red version oni slayer. Tremendous fight between the coldness of Shizuku and the curves of Camile, meanwhile Sherlock and Watson against my friend the one with the tricks, on the other hand it is incredible to see the fight between Lupin, Tsugaru and the other one that I don't remember.
Aug 21, 2023 3:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
auroraloose said:
Rajidae said:

Hmm—the best anime episode. Well it certainly wasn't this one, but I don't think I've ever thought of what would be.
This episode might be called action distraction, though it's not as if the action was boring. As for Moriarty et. al., that they were foreshadowed doesn't mean they can't still be a mess of performative references with little substance. They function as fake symbols of effort—cheese doodles rather than steak.
I personally am somewhat familiar to these historical characters and am really enjoying that they are putting them all together like this. I'm not sure if the writer made it easy for himself not crafting more characters himself but if he pulls it off, i'm content. 

The main trio is very good and have their own nice quirks so that's a plus. 

I like that you're being respectful and eloquent while criticising the show though, i think those are good reads. 

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

159 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

120 by SaltyCookie »»
May 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.