Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 23, 2023 3:48 AM
Oct 2021
Urahara_Benihime said:
Is that female ninja the one turning the people into flowers or something.

This show just keeps getting more interesting. Can't wait to see the further adventure and the duel between Gabimaru and other prisoners. Especially that brother duo, they seems pretty strong.

Did you miss the ending of episode 3?
guonnieApr 23, 2023 3:52 AM
Apr 23, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2021
Ventus_S said:
Tbh I'm disappointed. 

Came in with expectation of strong female lead cuz of first episode
Now we know it's another useless damsels in distress female main character.
Geez this episode really show how weak/ useless Sagiri is.
Like... If she's this weak why do Gabimaru shows fear when they first fought in ep1?  
She might be on the same level of the filler criminals he killed in episode 2.

Also that whole beheader clan feels so weak now, why do those super human criminals even afraid of them and need to be pardoned?

Especially that giant in episode 3
Apr 23, 2023 4:01 AM
Sep 2021
The characters are really good like their personalities, their backstory is really making the show good and these weird creatures are also very interesting.
Apr 23, 2023 4:04 AM
Oct 2021
poemofdevil said:
Does this ever get good? This shit is so boring. Just willing to give it one more shot before I drop it for good. And I'm only doing that in case MAPPA kicks it up a notch next episode. I just want to see something cool. I was hoping for something like JJK which story-wise is as generic as it gets, but at least that has fun characters, fun battles, and also beautiful animation every once in a while. This just has a great OP and everything else is underwhelming. Did the D-team at MAPPA work on this?

None of the characters introduced so far are likeable. They are annoying. They all have boring backstories. Nonetheless, I was excited about the monsters introduced last episode. I do feel the island itself was potentially exciting, but then in this episode you have these characters killing them all off with just one strike of their blades or their bare hands. This show has like zero suspense. I'm just gonna rip this giant monster's head off with one karate chop... SICK. How exciting. Are their lives really at risk? It sure doesn't feel like it unless they are one of the executioners. This story is fucking stupid when you think about it just a little... Why would any of these apparently superhuman characters who can kill these giant monsters with their bare hands and broken weapons allow themselves to be captured by regular humans and put on death row?

But then remember, Executioners tried to behead Gabimaru and they failed, he was also thrown in hot oil, and even some big animals tried to pull him apart but they couldn't. If you remember, when he was fighting that warrior priest, the gigantic mace was crushed when it came down on him. Using all these as factors, it's safe to say he is almost indestructible. The only thing he was scared of were the Asaemons and the iwagakure clan. These monsters are just strange animals. Nothing more than that.
guonnieApr 23, 2023 4:09 AM
Apr 23, 2023 4:43 AM

Mar 2008
Good thing I dont have to put up with Yuzuriha or id fall for her tricks.

Garbimaru sure managed to take down a lot of those creatures quickly.

Apr 23, 2023 4:46 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay this island is weird. I don't like it since episode 3. The characters are boring. I will watch it for the Main MC and Mappa, thats it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 23, 2023 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
another awesome episode!
Yuzuriha a damn Kunoichi seductress! 
and the VA of Choubei which is Kimura Ryouhei really nails his performance! suits him very perfectly!
seems like Sagiri is getting useless huh...
5/5.

Apr 23, 2023 5:17 AM

Jun 2016
yuzuriha so hot and sexy !!!

damnn this show can compete kimetsu no yaiba i believe !!
Apr 23, 2023 5:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm pretty certain Yuzuriha will launch a thousand doujins. She's got all the elements for it.

The second half of the episode was a bit unexpected. We suddenly have this back story for some characters we've only just met. Would have preferred to have them make contact with our MC's first before getting their background
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2023 5:47 AM

Apr 2016
Holy that kunoichi Yuzuriha is annoying af
Apr 23, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 2021
good episode it make us to watch more
Apr 23, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2023
Finally the best character Yuzuriha! Pretty much a character-driven episode. It was good, nothing really insane happened other than the revelation that bugs are far more lethal than the monsters and the introduction of the new characters and their backstories. People are complaining a lot about stupid plot-lines, plot-holes and plot-armor and such and... just wait because it can get much worse, lol. Anyway, 4 episodes in and I can safely say the anime is doing a better job than the manga.
Apr 23, 2023 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
Yuzuriha's amusing af and she's hot too. Action scenes were pretty cool.
Apr 23, 2023 7:09 AM
Nov 2022
Perhaps a human could be turn to something else other than a living, flower corpse thing (which probably has a name but at the moment completely forgot).
Apr 23, 2023 8:01 AM

Oct 2022
guonnie said:
Urahara_Benihime said:
Is that female ninja the one turning the people into flowers or something.

This show just keeps getting more interesting. Can't wait to see the further adventure and the duel between Gabimaru and other prisoners. Especially that brother duo, they seems pretty strong.

Did you miss the ending of episode 3?
Oh my bad, the human face insects are the one turning the prisoners into flower corpse thing.
Apr 23, 2023 8:17 AM

Mar 2020
A better episode overall than last week, but still, I'm peeved by the show trying to explain everything rather than showing. There's simply way too much dialogue and not enough action, which is what this show should focus on. In terms of the animation, it's alright, but it's clearly the product of a rushed production, which is just trying its hardest to "finish the assignment". Again, the "fix" for mediocre writing is by giving the viewers fan service, in Yuzuriha, so they forget about the writing, but for now, it's not enough to really get me invested. The backstories for the characters also weren't executed well, I really am not enjoying them introducing characters through backstories, and not waiting until further in the show to do them.
Apr 23, 2023 8:37 AM
Apr 2023
i love gabimaru and the asaemon girl
Apr 23, 2023 9:08 AM

May 2018
looks like best girl has arrived :O and woah is she out there

fish guy looked awful though lol
Apr 23, 2023 9:18 AM
Mar 2023
I love the Aza brothers' relationship and backstory, and Blade Dragon and his Asaemon are also interesting characters. With my favourite girl Yuzuriha here, the show will be even better.
Apr 23, 2023 10:12 AM

Apr 2019
This show is consistently a 7/10. The island monsters being one shotted was disappointing. I hope their are atleast some competent threat on the island. I hope they start exploring the island more and focus less on the battle royale among prisoners. The island and it's mystery is the best part of this show so far.
Apr 23, 2023 10:18 AM
Jan 2023
That purple-hair shinobi girl cute tho🥷
Apr 23, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 2019
j'ai trouvé ça nul mais on me force à aimer
Apr 23, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 2022
this anime is so good. Mappa did a really good job with it.
Apr 23, 2023 12:07 PM
Dec 2021
I love Aza he’s my favorite
Apr 23, 2023 12:27 PM

May 2018
good episode but feel a bit too much background story

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Apr 23, 2023 3:47 PM

May 2021
Above average episode, 6.7/10.
Apr 23, 2023 5:22 PM
Jan 2023
Aza brothers for the W!
Apr 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Aug 2017
This island is not paradise. It's brimming with human face bugs, centipedes, giant monsters, and so much more. It's like an eclipse 2.0.
It's a good thing that Sagiri is paired up with Gabimaru because she would be dead by now.
And oho! Yuzuriha wants to team up with Gabimaru in exchange for providing information about the island. Seems like a win win situation to me.
Overall, a pretty action packed episode that is slowly unraveling the mystery of the island.

Apr 23, 2023 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode that symbolized how important change and adaptation can be when it comes to survival. Although Gabimaru learned that you shouldn't actually fight an unknown enemy, in such a precarious situation he decided to stop thinking and kill in order to be able to escape from this hell alive. While we got a little taste of Ninpo: Ascetic Blaze in the first episode, you could now see the full extent of what Gabimaru can do to his enemies with it. On the other hand, while Gabimaru focused on the enemy, Sagiri seemed to have enormous problems even understanding the whole situation. Had Gabimaru not met his wife, he might have left Sagiri to her fate. However, a constant change takes place in him as well, which throws his old thinking overboard and made it possible for him not only to save Sagiri, but also to thank his saviors in the form of Yuzuriha, Genji and Senta. 

I can't deny that Yuzuriha is absolutely hot. It's hardly surprising that Makiya was seduced. Luckily, Gabimaru saw through her plan quickly, which always ended in a funny moment. Of course, Gabimaru must remain on guard, as Yuzuriha will surely take advantage of any weakness or inattention, no matter how small. Nonetheless, "collaboration" also speaks to adaptation to a given situation. Because no one can say what else awaits them on this hell island. 

We got a glimpse into Chobei's and Touma's past and how they both got into this situation in the first place. Quite a tragic childhood and yet Chobei always knew how to adapt, change and act accordingly, which must have been a great help to Touma. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that someone who can't change is unnecessary, it's safe to assume that life will be very difficult for that person. Especially if you apply it to the current situation. Chobei is tremendously strong. I didn't expect the monsters to be able to talk. That only made it more bizarre and creepy. 

One can only hope that the collapsed Sagiri will also find a way to adapt. Otherwise she will not be able to survive. I'm already excited to see how the whole thing develops and whether the elixir will really be found.

Apr 23, 2023 6:26 PM
Dec 2019
Damn those creepy things can talk things are getting weird. Gabimaru's fire technique is cool tho.
Apr 23, 2023 7:03 PM
Jun 2022
cool, amazing, nice
Apr 23, 2023 7:17 PM
Sep 2022
it was a good episode, they give us blood and good animation, a little bit of perspective from other characters and space to breath when thins were so much.. trusting is hard in that situation so i think it will be interesting to see who make decisions faster.
Apr 23, 2023 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
we all SIMPING for Yuzuriha now.
Apr 23, 2023 8:15 PM
Apr 2023
wow I feel like I've a made a connection to every character in this episode.
(though I'm still routing for Gabimaru, man needs his wife)
Apr 23, 2023 9:57 PM

Aug 2016
This show isn't too bad when it isn't about Gabimaru. My problem with him is how bland a protagonist he is. He's so edgy and cool and badass because he's not like the other girls and he can't be killed (because he's just that badass and cool) and also he has this really cool fire power of some sort that goes completely unexplained. If it's not clear, I'm being facetious. Ninja girl was fun, I'm always a fan of the untrustworthy femme fatale types. The two brothers at the end didn't seem too special but for some reason, I couldn't help but like them. Definitely the best episode so far, but for how much hype it's getting it's still not good enough.

Apr 24, 2023 12:53 AM

May 2021
Man, Sagiri really gotta up her game if she wants to survive. Also, Yuzuriha can seduce me whenever she wants.

Apr 24, 2023 1:21 AM
Apr 2023
no way she is a he 
Apr 24, 2023 3:31 AM
Jul 2022
I think the episode was excellent in all respects, all the characters were awesome, and the episode was very cool. Thank you.
Apr 24, 2023 4:42 AM

May 2018
I like the anime so far, but like some people already pointed out, the fact the these monsters are kinda weak, or maybe the characters are overpowered, is a bit disappointing. Indeed, it seems that there's no real threat, that the main characters won't be in danger, ever, especially Gabimaru.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 24, 2023 7:25 AM
Jul 2021
This shows gonna be great. I hope they fully adapt the series.
Apr 24, 2023 9:14 AM

Sep 2017
losing faith in this anime
Apr 24, 2023 9:16 AM
Nov 2021
Why is Canute and Denji brothers in this☠️. Also the episode was fire. Paradise turned into Paradie (from AOT) real quick.
Apr 24, 2023 9:18 AM

Aug 2019
Pretty good episode, but it's got some problems :/

First off, I don't like Yuzuriha. That whole scene between her and Gabimarou felt so dumb at least to me. He fr going to form an alliance that easily? Idk man that felt kinda dumb and forced

And then there's Sagiri, who passes out for basically no reason. Like now that I think about it, she really did nothing this episode, and was just kinda useless :( Some people are saying she gets better which I am looking forward to, but I do kind of wish Yuzuriha wasn't a key character here.

I do like this bit of world building we're getting though. The whole idea behind this "Paradise" is so cool! It reminds me so much of the Hallow from Terraria. It looks really nice and fantastical at first, but in reality it's pretty dark and messed up. These buddhist titans and statues just further complete this already disturbing place. I get the feeling there's a ton of symbolism here
Apr 24, 2023 9:18 AM

Dec 2017
The animation is very good chapter by chapter, although the monsters give me the same feeling as Gantz's aliens...
Apr 24, 2023 9:30 AM

Aug 2019
silversaint said:
i dont like that the monsters are that weak, they are no threat 

Right? I get these guys are supposed to be pretty strong, but they can take them down pretty effortlessly, despite never seeing anything like them before. I was expecting them to be stronger when we first saw them in the last episode
poemofdevil said:
Does this ever get good? This shit is so boring. Just willing to give it one more shot before I drop it for good. And I'm only doing that in case MAPPA kicks it up a notch next episode. I just want to see something cool. I was hoping for something like JJK which story-wise is as generic as it gets, but at least that has fun characters, fun battles, and also beautiful animation every once in a while. This just has a great OP and everything else is underwhelming. Did the D-team at MAPPA work on this?

None of the characters introduced so far are likeable. They are annoying. They all have boring backstories. Nonetheless, I was excited about the monsters introduced last episode. I do feel the island itself was potentially exciting, but then in this episode you have these characters killing them all off with just one strike of their blades or their bare hands. This show has like zero suspense. I'm just gonna rip this giant monster's head off with one karate chop... SICK. How exciting. Are their lives really at risk? It sure doesn't feel like it unless they are one of the executioners. This story is fucking stupid when you think about it just a little... Why would any of these apparently superhuman characters who can kill these giant monsters with their bare hands and broken weapons allow themselves to be captured by regular humans and put on death row?
DUDE EXACTLY. The more I think about this shows flaws, the worse it gets. You're telling me Gabimarou took down these titans so effortlessly with his bare hands, but was still captured by just regular humans? Wtf dude. And that's another thing, pretty much everyone we've seen so far can take them with no effort. Just one punch, or one swing of their blade, and they're down. I know it's just the third episode, but I thought they were going to put up more of a fight. This just feels kinda dumb honestly :/

And yeah, the characters are also unlikeable in most cases. Sagiri was pretty much useless in this episode, and I really don't like Yuzuriha

I think I will give it one more episode in case things get better, but this feel like it's been going downhill since the first episode. At this point, I'm really just here for this "paradise". I think it's a really cool concept, I just wish the titans were more of a threat
Apr 24, 2023 9:35 AM

Aug 2019
Pknoctis said:
Not sure why this show has such a high average rating. Other than the badass main character, story and characterization is incredibly generic, and animation is passable at best. Worst of all, it has a female deuteragonist who's supposedly a trained samurai but so far has been nothing but an annoying damsel in distress.
And yet pretty much everyone is calling this "peak" ugh lol I'm sorry but this show has it's flaws, and the more I think about them, the worse they get. Sagiri was pretty much useless this episode, which just seriously grinds my gears, and now Yuzuriha has joined the picture. So many people gave this a 5/5 just for her LOL
Apr 24, 2023 10:14 AM
Mar 2015
he is strong but she is so weak
Apr 24, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2016
This was a very enjoyable episode to watch. Hearing Yuzuriha in Rie VA was absolutely perfection! The interaction between Gabi and Yuzu was hilarious lmao. You can't fool him, he is an absolute chad and loyal to his wife! I am pretty sure Sagiri will get her shit together and be focused on the situation. Definitely looking forward for that to happen. Also, seeing the bandit brothers (Chobe and Toma) was nice and I liked their bg story. Their VAs really fits them so well! Last but not least, I liked to see Fuchi, even if it was for a brief moment. That being said, this seems to be only getting better from now on.
TralaloshApr 24, 2023 10:39 AM
Apr 24, 2023 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
Yaaaas, my best boy has arrived! I love how unapologetic Chobe is about the way he lives and who he is.
Apr 24, 2023 11:01 AM
Jan 2023
I love the way how they incorporate religious entities into horror. Yuziriha is introduced, so that's a plus. 9/10
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

194 by Tsinelas »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

553 by handsomemanivska »»
May 30, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

196 by FZREMAKE »»
May 29, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

230 by Tsinelas »»
May 28, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

324 by Sun_Chan »»
May 23, 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.