Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2022 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
They are delaying the inevitable so much, i wonder if we will see it in the next episode or at least before the end because this smells like a movie for me guys...
But i like what's going on, they are showing us the other perspective, especially when it's Eren's friends who want to defeat him. And the whole dialogue scenes were great and necessary but i just can't stop thinking about the rumbling xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2022 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
Jean was the most normal person in the conversation. It was his moment.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 6, 2022 6:32 PM

Sep 2020
_Usurper_ said:
ZXEAN said:
This was a garbage episode lol 😂!!! Good, atleast you succeed in gaining someone's attention.

I am sorry mate My standards are not as low as you. I am can't eat up this garbage.

I login to watch anime after working for 10 hours. I don't give a single fuck about attention from degenerate weebs. I just want to enjoy myself while watching anime. which I clearly didn't during this episode.
If you clearly don't want to hear any negative opinion about your favorite show why not ignore others and have develop a ability to handle difference of opinions?
Right now 56 people gave this episode 1 star which is 7% of total votes. will you bitch about them too.?
Don't quote me again . I am just gonna ignore you.
END of discussion.
A toxic person needs someone to attack when thir ego is threatened.

Look like you enjoy disrespecting individuals in internet, Nice hobby you got there. Really life must be tough for you.

Anyway I agree with the last statement.
END OF DISCUSSION !!!
Mar 6, 2022 6:32 PM

Dec 2020
magath just going in for the drama LMAO. hanji cooking them up a nice meal around a cool campfire and he's just all "ur all bad. im also bad but ur bad-er." and yelena acting as a prosecutor, telling them all their bad deeds lol. i unconsciously laughed a bit at that sorry. notice how onyankopon wasn't even mentioned Once.. respect onyankopon. be like onyankopon.

this was a rly cool ep tho, i rly liked all the feelings done here. mix of anger, sadness, unclear trust, grief, all rounded up with desperateness. i rly liked gabi's part especially. and how magath looked like he got his eyes opened a bit more after that?

yelena's twist was unexpected but not surprising. she looked like someone who'd do that lol

levi just going "so damn noisy" he hasn't changed a bit even after getting blown up. mans couldn't say anything else other than that😅 it just his character

fuckin love reiner being all 😞 and shit. his character is really good like i love every bit done on it but him being woken up by jean with a "get up! i know your wounds healed a while ago already" Helppp why was that so funny to me

asian lady getting threatened yassss🔥🔥 idk why im so happy with this she was pretty nice to urdo
Mar 6, 2022 7:18 PM

Mar 2019
Falco is the only innocent one there among killers. Hange's comedic timing is amazing. Loved this episode.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 6, 2022 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Annie wanting an apology from jean was hilarious at the end.
Mar 6, 2022 7:40 PM

Sep 2020
I'm still a bit confused, maybe because real life stuff burning my head and I forgot some explanations, like why is Eren doing that tho

But okay, this is a good episode.
They are keeping it for the finale, right?
Mar 6, 2022 7:51 PM
Apr 2016
What in the hell makes them think their dead comrades would agree to join in with their tormentors and save the outside world over their Island? This kind of reasoning leave me dumbfounded.

Hange's the worst. I mean she really sucks as an Eldian born and raised on the Island. She was a terrible leader for 4 years who lost the trust of her subordinates because she couldn't come up with any plan, and know she's basically leading the charge against them (she acknowledges it in the first scene). Good for the outside world though. I know where my heart lies.
Mar 6, 2022 8:10 PM

Jan 2021
_Usurper_ said:

I login to watch anime after working for 10 hours. I don't give a single fuck about attention from weebs. I just want to enjoy myself while watching anime. which I clearly didn't during this episode.
If you clearly don't want to hear any negative opinion about your favorite show why not ignore others and have develop a ability to handle difference of opinions?
Right now 56 people gave this episode 1 star which is 7% of total votes. will you quote about them too.?
Don't quote me again . I am just gonna ignore you.
END of discussion.

That's so damn based.
Mar 6, 2022 8:23 PM
Dec 2021
Bruh why r so many people hating on this episode some r hating for still frames which is ok ig but some people r just hating it cause there is no action bruhh aot is known for its story telling not action scenes this episode was good I was waiting for campfire scene to be animated and it didn't disappoint it's a 4/5 episode for me
Mar 6, 2022 8:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
omg why do we have to wait till next week for the next episode? This mealtime rendezvous was something 👀
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 6, 2022 8:56 PM
Feb 2020
Oh man, jean's innocent dream broke my heart, a good life with a cute kid and at a nice house with Mikasa (it was definitely mikasa) but sadly in this cruel world a man can't have dreams 😭😭😭,

Anyway good ep and it made me think about something, they are saying genocide is bad and it shouldn't happen and stuff, but Marley was trying to do the exact same thing to paradise island, they just didn't used the word genocide before but wiping out a whole nation is also genocide, right? So that made me think if what Eren is doing is ok or not, like if the enemy is trying to kill you, than you should kill the enemy, that's how it works so why is everyone hating eren???

My answer is that genocide is still wrong and eren shouldn't kill everyone outside the walls, he should just kill the upper management and conquer the world so everyone can live in peace without kill nations
Mar 6, 2022 9:17 PM

Feb 2008
Very interesting and full of convos episode.

I think that this alliance is a mistake, and it doesn't make sense. Then again, I love when both past enemies and now once again colleagues join up for one last time. The convos were great, kind of emotional. I guess everything settled up when Reiner was beaten up and Gabi kicked. Waiting for next week.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 6, 2022 9:24 PM

Sep 2015
I felt that the dialogue were pointless, but the Marco one was at least helpful to gain understanding for other sides suffering.

Having to re-cap everything really did felt like a filler.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 6, 2022 9:29 PM
Apr 2016
Mathi786 said:

My answer is that genocide is still wrong and eren shouldn't kill everyone outside the walls, he should just kill the upper management and conquer the world so everyone can live in peace without kill nations

Is that really an option though? Eldians are already viscerally hated throughout the world, and with that the resentment would be even stronger through futur generations to the point they would clash eventually. It's too much of a gamble. Also the Eldians would still have the Titan curse to deal with, which from what we've seen Eren is strongly opposed to.

Assuming Eren knows a way to end the curse now that he has the founding powers, he has to kill everyone in order to assure the safety of his people, otherwise they would find themselves pretty much defenseless to outside attacks.
Mar 6, 2022 9:57 PM

Feb 2013
I really liked this episode. Hange's red stew coming to a boil as the arguing between Jean and the general grew more and more heated was brilliant. Loved the way how such deep enemies are able to come together and have a meal around a campfire.

The way these guys don't want to kill Eren despite the fact that they've already decided that genocide is so bad that they're willing to work with people who wanted to do the same to them is a little weird though... getting some vibes that the show is going for a Zero Requiem kinda ending, which could be awesome depending on how good the last episode is, but not as awesome as it would be if it hadn't already been done before.
Mar 6, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
Wow, the direction and storyboarding this episode was so disappointing. Closest thing to a script read I've watched in some time. The only notable positive for me this episode is the soundtrack and voice acting, the rest is so forgettable.

Yeah showing the general scenery can set the mood, but spending most of the episode showing slideshows of trees or the character who's being spoken to in a still frame isn't engrossing whatsoever. The only scene that I somewhat enjoyed was the one of Jean beating up Reiner, yet even that scene was poorly storyboarded.

I really thought MAPPA would elevate the alliance discussion and moment of bonding overnight, but it's as rushed and as inefficient as the manga. I'd hope for more since they spent the whole episode on this specific moment.

For real, agree completely
Mar 6, 2022 10:10 PM

Mar 2015
A good episode. Dare I say a necessary one! These guys were never gonna properly work together 'til they cleared the thick thick air!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 6, 2022 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
Eww that's f'n terrible. Forget me calling the past episodes badly-animated. This shit is barely-animated lol. Add to that the horrendous, awful direction and storyboarding (though that's expected). And I actually liked this chapter too. A shame. Revolting piece of garbage. Disgusting/10.
Mar 6, 2022 10:31 PM

Aug 2020
Ayo Jean you forgot your stew.

Anyway, it looks like shit's about to go down pretty soon.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Mar 6, 2022 10:56 PM
Sep 2020
nexuro01 said:
Garstox_near said:

That would be the most stupid thing ever.
Nah, the overall story would be much better if ex-scouts did a nice split where some joined marleyans and other joined yeagerists. Like look at Levi, he wants monke to bite the dust so bad but he doesn't give a fuck about working with person responsible of killing his beloved squad. It also sucks that Jean is literally the only paradian cringevenger member that had some inner thoughts about saving people from outside the walls. Connie seems to give zero fucks about Pieck gasing his entire village, everything beyond chapter 123 is just bullshit and poor story telling. Especially the last 3 chapters that took bad writing into next level.

I really feel like they should have some scout members join the yeagerists
Plus it makes sence ,and more hype and more stakes
And there are people/characters who can join with proper reasoning like
Connie even Jean, it would have been absolutely way better if Armin joined the yeagerist, because he trusts eren
Mar 6, 2022 10:58 PM

Feb 2017
garbage adaptation, imagine putting a fucking power point trees in a conversation

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 6, 2022 11:04 PM
Sep 2020
KushIsekai said:
Unpopular opinion this season of AOT at least part 2. Is T R A S H !!! Like wtf 4 weeks straight of boredom and story time like wtf. They could’ve been quicker than 4 episodes of talking wow. Best part of the entire season was when Aaron got shot and took over the power. The rest seems like fillers and oh yeah let’s make the story make sense. Smh disappointed af so far-

The first 5 episodes was peak fiction ,6th was pretty good ,7 and 8 felt pointless ,9th was like a comeback to the storytelling
Mar 6, 2022 11:11 PM
Sep 2020
samashi20 said:
I cried.. Before I knew it, my tears were welling as I watched Jean beat Reiner up and then Gabi taking a kick to protect Reiner. The parallelism this episode had with Declaration of War is not something I was expecting. The OST played when Jean attacked Reiner is the same one that was used with Reiner and Eren in the basement and Willy giving his speech in the background, Gabi's words are the same words Willy used to declare war, Reiner's opinion of himself and his guilt are still the same.. I'm in awe.

I liked the entire episode, from Jean thinking about a peaceful life with Mikasa (it's obviously implied), to Annie challenging Mikasa, to Yelena rubbing it in the face of every single person, etc.. Yelena.. Who would've thought she was a Marleyan.. It doesn't seem like she cared about the world, she only cared about Marley. She's as despicable as Floch, both truly evil characters.

Once again, we're reminded how cruel war is. It doesn't matter who you support and which side you're on, there will be always victims, innocents who have to pay the price. Everyone sitting around in that circle committed a war crime, but the acknowledge that. Really loved how Yelena mocked the goal everyone seems to adopt to justify their actions, "saving the world". If you think about it, that's the same idea that started the war and led them to where they are now.

A new episode has been added to the list of my AoT favorites.

It looks like we're in for some action tomorrow. As sad and fucked up it may sound, it brings back the old days to see everyone in their ODM gear again and on the same line.

Jean beating Reiner up didn't make me tear,but him beating Gabi ,was what hurt more ,Gabi just shot few main chracters while she gets heavily beat up for that
Mar 6, 2022 11:12 PM
Sep 2020
Mathi786 said:
Oh man, jean's innocent dream broke my heart, a good life with a cute kid and at a nice house with Mikasa (it was definitely mikasa) but sadly in this cruel world a man can't have dreams 😭😭😭,

Anyway good ep and it made me think about something, they are saying genocide is bad and it shouldn't happen and stuff, but Marley was trying to do the exact same thing to paradise island, they just didn't used the word genocide before but wiping out a whole nation is also genocide, right? So that made me think if what Eren is doing is ok or not, like if the enemy is trying to kill you, than you should kill the enemy, that's how it works so why is everyone hating eren???

When that dream becomes reality 🤣,it's actually canon🤣,and jean x Mikasa makes way more sence than eren x mikasa
Mar 6, 2022 11:15 PM
Sep 2020
qx26 said:
This episode was definitely one of the lower production made episodes. a lot of still shots and minimal changing of scenes. The dialogue made up for it though.

Yelena is still mysterious as always.

That Floch cliffhanger was great. Always like to see more Floch

Floch is proving to be the best character of AOT at present
Mar 6, 2022 11:16 PM
Apr 2016
Mathi786 said:

When that dream becomes reality 🤣,it's actually canon🤣,and jean x Mikasa makes way more sence than eren x mikasa

It's not canon until Isayama says so. There's no way to tell from the manga
Mar 6, 2022 11:19 PM
Sep 2020
SiGow said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
Wow, the direction and storyboarding this episode was so disappointing. Closest thing to a script read I've watched in some time. The only notable positive for me this episode is the soundtrack and voice acting, the rest is so forgettable.

Yeah showing the general scenery can set the mood, but spending most of the episode showing slideshows of trees or the character who's being spoken to in a still frame isn't engrossing whatsoever. The only scene that I somewhat enjoyed was the one of Jean beating up Reiner, yet even that scene was poorly storyboarded.

I really thought MAPPA would elevate the alliance discussion and moment of bonding overnight, but it's as rushed and as inefficient as the manga. I'd hope for more since they spent the whole episode on this specific moment.

Exactly, Hayashi's direction have been subpar. But the fandom keeps sucking his dick anyway. I get that we shouldn't harras him, but he clear isn't suitable for AOT, not in the slightest.

I swear ,but for some reason I find the adaptation still passable ,I really enjoyed the floch cliffhanger,

But have to be really honest here, hayashi knows that he isn't good at directing AOT ,he was forced to do it ,and the excuse they are giving is his goddamn eyes🤦🏻

Like tell me one thing an anime like demon slayer although the story is trash in comparision has way better directing and animation ,that makes the trash story atleast average ,but over here the effect is opposite, although the episode was a 10/10 it still lacked the energy
Mack_YeagerMar 6, 2022 11:26 PM
Mar 6, 2022 11:27 PM
Sep 2020
Trax3x said:
NewYearSameMe said:
Okay, who the fuck was the director? Because that was terrible directing. There is more landscape paintings than portraits and lots of still shots and too many cuts. What was the director going for, lmao?
The Director of Sole Salvation and Sunset. One of the best director from MAPPA's side but the downgrade is real. Probably the production committee fell off for this episode.

The reason for downgrade is because it's very clear ,the yeagerists are not being show,eren's rampage and destruction is not being shown
Mar 6, 2022 11:28 PM

Mar 2018
When the animators don't have enough time to make the characters move....

MAPPA: -Have some trees!!

Mappa: -More trees!! Look how beautiful is that one!!

Mar 6, 2022 11:30 PM
Nov 2014
Loved it. Didn't think that any more budget needed to be put into this episode. If they needed to save some money here for big scenes to be well animated later, this was a good place to do it. And for what it's worth, the dialogue, tension, acting, and music carried it to the point of where I still thought this episode was excellent.
Mar 6, 2022 11:32 PM

Jul 2021
We gotta feel for Jean, from the start he just wanted to be a MP and wanted to live a peaceful life in the interiors but due to circumstances he had to join Survey corps and now he could have just cooperated with Floch and had a nice life but he chose to help save the world.

I kinda feel why the manga reader were hyping the campfire scene so much.

Hmm so they all want to save the world but have no idea how, I don't think they will even be able to reach the founding titan at this pace as next episode they are just going to be at the port (according to the PV). Even if they do reach Eren how on earth will they stop him?

Damn, Yelena was Marleyan too.

Cart titan's voice sounds like mine when I get a severe throat infection.

Yelena reminded all of them the sins they did and rubbed it good on all of them lmao.

Jean seemed pretty chill until they started talking about Marco, he seemed pretty mad and then it was Reiner who was at the receiving end of his anger. Feel kinda bad for Reiner, he can't even defend himself as he knows what he did was terrible and Isayama won't even let Reiner die, F for Reiner.

Armin's kill count should be on-par with Eren's I suppose.

I'm so glad they didn't show us the flashback of Marco's suffering when Reiner was telling how Marco died. Sasha's death was brought up again as well.

LMAO Annie was like Watashiwa? and Jean just ignored her haha. They still didn't show us if Annie and Armin got to have a conversation all by themselves or not.

The last scene with Floch and the Oriental queen or whoever IDK reminded me of Historia, what's up with her? She got little to no screentime in this season, we briefly saw her at the time of Eren's genocide announcement and that's it.

And it is now officially confirmed that there's gonna be just 12 episodes :( Just 3 more left AAAAAAA, I wonder what awaits us, some people are saying this season is gonna end on a huge cliffhanger so the wait till the movie is gonna be hard.

Feels like all the manga readers have started giving low ratings, the rating went from 9.15 to 9.13 in the matter of 2 weeks, something tells me it's gonna get lower when the season ends, all haters are gonna mark it as completed and rate 1 lmao.

Well anyway, this was a pretty intense and great episode. 5/5.
TsutanaiFuunMar 6, 2022 11:45 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 6, 2022 11:32 PM

Apr 2017
Thank you MAPPA. During these 20 minutes of conversation between the Marley and Paradis Devils, you have shown me how beautiful nature truly is. You have shown me trees, branches, leaves, rocks, back to trees, more trees, more branches with leaves, trees with branches without leaves, trees with branches with leaves, even more trees, the night sky, back to fucking trees. Wow, I am just so amazed. You have struck a cord in me that tells me to appreciate nature more than ever.

I love trees now, thank you MAPPA, you are truly the best studio out there for putting so much emphasis on trees in an anime episode.
Mar 6, 2022 11:33 PM
Feb 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
Mathi786 said:

Don't spoil man, wtf is wrong with you, m an anime only, u could easily tell by my post
Mar 6, 2022 11:39 PM
Feb 2020
Cruicruise said:
Mathi786 said:

Is that really an option though? Eldians are already viscerally hated throughout the world, and with that the resentment would be even stronger through futur generations to the point they would clash eventually. It's too much of a gamble. Also the Eldians would still have the Titan curse to deal with, which from what we've seen Eren is strongly opposed to.

Assuming Eren knows a way to end the curse now that he has the founding powers, he has to kill everyone in order to assure the safety of his people, otherwise they would find themselves pretty much defenseless to outside attacks.

It's nothing new, look at the world's political structure, everybody hates everybody, i live in Pakistan and Indians are out biggest enemies and they r also our neighbors, there is a chance that anytime war could broke out but nothing happened in decades, u know why? Cz of the law of mutual destruction, so eren could've just used rumbling as a threat to the world like nation use nuclear weapons as a threat so war doesn't break out, killing all the innocent ppl in the world is never option, never
Mar 6, 2022 11:40 PM
Feb 2020
Cruicruise said:
Mathi786 said:

It's not canon until Isayama says so. There's no way to tell from the manga

Thank goodness it's not a spoiler
Mar 6, 2022 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
niko_sb said:
I'm still a bit confused, maybe because real life stuff burning my head and I forgot some explanations, like why is Eren doing that tho

But okay, this is a good episode.
They are keeping it for the finale, right?
the rest of the world is going to genocide all of paradise island through fire bombing if Eren didn't do the rumbling.

Manga clarified this but the anime cut it, I guess to try and make him look worse.
Mar 6, 2022 11:55 PM

Dec 2020
Writing was good for this episode but wtf with all those unnecessary tree shots??? I was soo annoyed in the entire episode with trees and furniture shots which appeared every goddamn minute. If it was for artistic choice then they fucked up really bad. Even the background wasn't something extraordinary that you focus it on every fucking second. 3/5 ep

who tf is even this?

Floch faces never sucked in the entire S4 until now, the only thing mappa animation was consistent in.
The situation is meant to be tense but floch here looks funny.

Just animate same as the manga

According to animation standards this episode was mid af. Wit's dialogue eps were wayy better.
HeadpattsMar 7, 2022 12:05 AM
Mar 6, 2022 11:58 PM

Apr 2021
"Genocide...I'll be dammed before we justify it somehow" -- Hange

This episode did a good job of diving into the topic about AoT that I've been thinking of the most: "what side do I want to win, what do I want to happen?"

It was amazing hearing the characters vocalizing some of the things I've been thinking about, who is in the wrong, who's actions are justified? You can talk about the history of wrong doing to try and reach a conclusion -- like Jean and the general did -- or like Hange you can say that since because we weren't their in the past those arguments don't hold weight.
I love Eren's character so much, especially the bold moves he takes but he still heading towards and ending I'm not happy with. This conflict is reflected in the characters of this episode, especially Jean. Is genocide the best for the island? maybe, but there are other people in this world the islanders live in that our characters from the island have come to know and love.
The drama and questions generated from this final season reminds me of a core Japanese principle I've learned in my study of Japanese literature: Ambiguity is closest to the truth. There are many interpretations of what is right and what isn't, what is better or what is best. The only thing we can know for sure is there is no single best answer for anything, even for this show and how it should end.

Mar 7, 2022 12:10 AM

May 2018
Very boring. Prior episode was very boring as well. Each episode after the wall titans began their march has been boring.

Additionally, all these characters working together feels unnatural. Just doesn't seem right.
Mar 7, 2022 12:16 AM
Jun 2016
Mack_Yeager said:
SiGow said:

Exactly, Hayashi's direction have been subpar. But the fandom keeps sucking his dick anyway. I get that we shouldn't harras him, but he clear isn't suitable for AOT, not in the slightest.

I swear ,but for some reason I find the adaptation still passable ,I really enjoyed the floch cliffhanger,

But have to be really honest here, hayashi knows that he isn't good at directing AOT ,he was forced to do it ,and the excuse they are giving is his goddamn eyes🤦🏻

Like tell me one thing an anime like demon slayer although the story is trash in comparision has way better directing and animation ,that makes the trash story atleast average ,but over here the effect is opposite, although the episode was a 10/10 it still lacked the energy

The one thing i can't fathom is that Hayashi isn't even experienced enough to handle such a large ip like AOT. I don't know what the production committee were thinking, like "yeah let's give this highly anticipated anime of this decade to a noob who is still trying to figure things out for himself". No offence to Hayashi, he did a commendable job on Dorohedoro. But, I'm sick of Mappa giving such good IPs to inexperienced directors. Like Chainsaw Man was give to Black Clover animation director, like wtf.
Let's hope at the very least chainsaw gets the better end of the stick.
Mar 7, 2022 12:22 AM
Aug 2021
In the campfire scene it proves that no one is right and that all people are evil and also devils.

When I'm watching this episode, I'm very calm and tense.

5/5 episode
Mar 7, 2022 12:38 AM

Mar 2019
Content-wise an excellent episode. It's one of my favorite scenes from the manga. Shows that getting together wasn't as simple as things appeared last episode. Lot of baggage there.

However...

This episode's direction was dog shit. 55% of that episode was extreme close up shots of faces and hands. Another 10% of the shots were of tree branches. I guess they just wanted to finish this one quickly to get working on the action heavy ones. If that's the case I'm not going to complain much, but it does bum me out when episodes like these which are meatier in terms of story and character development get shafted artistically. There was definitely a lot of room for this to have been better.
Mar 7, 2022 12:49 AM
Dec 2019
yeah no been going downhill tbh titanfolk was right lol. the alliance is by every plot measure ive thought of good writing but it seems so forced really. yes i agree “genocide is bad” but theres such more nuance to the situation like yes eren killing everyone is bad but everyone just going along with the cringevengers thing (Connie pie, etc) is forced af. Jean really the voice of reason here
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 7, 2022 1:11 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Reiner revealing how he killed Marco and why and shows how Jean and Mikasa made an alliance with Marley
Mar 7, 2022 1:31 AM
Nov 2019
divaddd said:
Not gonna lie, good episode.

But still, why the rumbling and massacre of the whole world, Isayama?

You've got the power (rumbling) that can defeat everyone else, therefore you should be able to make new rules and order for a new world by educating the people about the history of the past and clearing the misunderstandings among nations. Just like what had just happened in this episode.

I still cannot understand this savage decision of Isayama by making Eren the most evil person ever in history. It's just not necessary.

You need to rewatch the part 1 , others countries made the Paradis common enemy to solve conflict among them . If they could have solved this by talks alone Eren wouldn't have take this decision. He can only manipulate Eldians memories , so hate for Eldians won't magically go away from the minds of other races.
Mar 7, 2022 2:11 AM
Jun 2021
Jean was really like the best main character of all. He has become shining just a few episodes so far. I thought Eren would come back. At least for his family-friends' sake.
Mar 7, 2022 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Armin really has become completely irrelevant at this point. Usually he would do a lot of talking at such events, but now he just sits there with nothing to bring to the table.
Mar 7, 2022 3:10 AM

Jul 2016
joy_swifty said:
Jean was really like the best main character of all. He has become shining just a few episodes so far. I thought Eren would come back. At least for his family-friends' sake.

He has always shined.

He is the king.
Mar 7, 2022 4:19 AM
Jun 2021
Gabi got such a good redemption arc she is one of the best written characters istg
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.