Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Aug 6, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 2017
It's really too bad that the most story driven and character focused arc is the least popular in the SAO series (not counting that abomination Calibur arc of course). I guess people really do love SAO for the fantasy RPG element more than the actual story and characters, which I find really tragic from a storytelling standpoint. In my opinion, overall SAO2 is a solid 7/10. GGO was maybe a 6/10 at best, Calibur is at BEST a 4/10, Mother's Rosario was the truly redeeming factor for me, and in my opinion a solid 8/10. In a way, I look forward to season 3 to see what else A-1 can do for this series.
Aug 18, 2017 7:06 PM

Apr 2009
Hot damn! All these people logged-in just to pay their final respects to her, even the boss killing guild who spied and hindered them before.

So Kayaba is an anti-hero now? Righhht. I believe that when I get hold of a NervGear in the next 6 years! XP

7/10 for the second season. It was still OK, I think.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 29, 2017 4:28 AM

May 2012
liked this more then season 1 definitely not as rushed and that last arc was very well done got to see Asuna being bad ass again ! hope that Season 3 is respected and not rushed ...

Also dont want to make this weird but at the end when Yuuki said "I'm glad that i get to hold the person i love at the end" was that in any way romantic? I know it's kinda douchy to think of something like this when she was dying but did she fall in love with Asuna at the end? i think this was explained a bit more on the Novel but i can't really remember any expert out there with more knowledge ?

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Nov 13, 2017 12:28 PM

Nov 2014
Really loved this arc, it made me cry even when i knew she could pass away, my favorite arc of S2 with GGO

9/10.
farewell yuuki..
Nov 25, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
Ahhh my tears.....this arc was incredibly touching and what I liked was Asuna made relevant not some background figurine. See there are so much potential in other charas and interactions if only author/scriptwriter tones down OP-kun. GGO was shitload cheesy romcom of Sinon and then 'get aside bitch, I'm done with u'.

GGO was dragged as hell for two bland characters filled with plot convenience and fucking cheeseeee, then a forgettable side quest arc and finally the GEM, the arc I'm gonna remember season 2 for.

GGO-5/10
MR -8/10
Finally a 7/10.
Dec 25, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Rewatching Mother's Rosario three years later, it basically had the same effect on me as back then. A true masterpiece, Yuuki and Asuna's sisterly bond is one of the most breathtaking things I've witnessed in anime. Although brief and fleeting, this arc manages to create such an astounding dynamic between the two of them. The past two episodes in particular were precious beyond description.
Jan 16, 2018 8:13 AM

May 2016
Why is nobody talking about Yuki damn it ;-;
It really teared me up agh she was so strong with her will. 8/10
Jan 25, 2018 9:34 AM

Sep 2016
I cried at the ending, the way yuuki died.. It cracked me up hard as ive lost friends and others to the same things other times. Ive seen death knocking on the door to close friends to.

I can honestly say i cried from this episode, some powerful episode.. just some man-tears coming down.. alot of them..
Somehow not depressed.
Feb 17, 2018 11:59 AM

Sep 2012
before it was fine, but when all the ppl started to gather, sky full of ppl, ppl who even didn't know her, dam it was hard to hold it in almost teared up a bit lol

Sinamuna said:
Why are people saying "no cliffhanger???? omfgdasdfgh"?
There was an obvious nod to a sort-of cliffhanger at the end with the mention of that woman the doctor spoke of when Kirito reacted and said he knew her.

Isn't that your cliffhanger? I really don't think they'd just leave that up in the air and end it like they did with the picnic. To me, this is a cliffhanger for the next season.

...I've said cliffhanger too many times lmao

YUUKI IS MY WAIFU <3 God she's amazing.

yea & its annoying cliffhanger lol
Mar 3, 2018 12:01 AM

Jan 2010
I once took a class with an aged but pretty cool professor in college. It was only a single semester, but the guy had a lot of experiences and a lot of interesting stories to tell. One of his stories was about a book on medical care he shared with us during one of our seminars. He helped write it with a number of other colleagues a few years back, and it was written with the assistance of a number of terminally ill children. The writing was apparently a very inspiring experience for him, but by the time the book was published, the children had since passed away.

The Mother Rosario arc made me recall that story, of how that book remains as a memory of those children, and I'm surprised that Sword Art Online could get me to make such a connection.

Once again, yes, the story is relatively small in scale with a lot of teary-eyed drama, but it's still a functioning story that hits home really well. Plus, I'm greatly impressed that Sword Art Online could integrate VR and the communication probe into its story for both therapeutic and medical recuperation. Rather than a life-or-death plot, it was instead a story of just trying to get by in life for as long as possible, which I did not expect at all. As a fan of simpler stories, I greatly appreciate Sword Art Online for having this arc. Wow.
Apr 3, 2018 5:24 AM

Jun 2014
God damn. It got good for the Mother's Rosario arc. I wish the first half didn't really exist since I felt like it held little actual heavy plot to the overall story.

If I could halves on MAL, I would.

7.5/10

Apr 9, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2018
Just watched this last night and MY POOR POOR HEART. YUUKI DESERVED BETTER.
The Mother Rosario arc was the best one since Aincrad. Yuuki was an amazing character and I loved her friendship with Asuna. The scene where all the fairies came to the dueling spot...wow. The scene with Asuna and her mother in ALO was pretty great, too. I like Sinon, but I really wish they would have spent more time on Yuuki. Now we'll never see her again :( *sobs*
Apr 17, 2018 1:54 AM
Feb 2018
This last arc redeemed the series for me. I was gonna give it a 5 or 6 but thanks to this arc I'll give it a score of 7.
May 11, 2018 11:39 AM
May 2018
Playing said:
Nice episode but didn't like the ending.

I agree, I thought they were going to end it with the Kiaba(sp?) revelation, but had to go the usual happy-happy ending. Not that I am not a fan of happy endings, but the series has been doing an ok job of avoiding the usual "poppiness" of the majority of anime.

With that said, the Mother's Rosario arc absolutely rocked my socks. I was crying throughout the whole thing just about, and the epic-ness is STILL addicting. After watching SAO 2 for the 3rd time, I am still blown away. I feel like I am almost enduring GGO to get to Mother's Rosario.

Guess I have some time to read the publication before SAO 3 later this year. Loving this anime all around!
May 14, 2018 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
I really liked this finale. A fine ending for a good story, filled with emotions and more serious thoughts about real life and its fragility. I did not expect that kind of finale, especially after first SAO, therefore I must say I was positively surprised.
Sep 23, 2018 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
The whole drama thing was handled universes better than second half of first season. Instead shitty rapey villain we've got really touching arc.
Time to watch the movie and wait for season 3.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 3, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2018
Way better than the first season but the death scene was kind of corny
But yeah still the best arc 8/10
Oct 3, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
yup this episode cut me deep

cut me mad deep

;_;

i love yuuki. rip my little loli waifu

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 2:48 AM

May 2016
One of the greatest anime episodes i have ever ever eeever seen in my life.

SAO 1 - 2 were brilliant, absolutely brilliant, i enjoyed them.
Dec 1, 2018 1:39 PM

Jan 2018
The first half of the season was great but the second half was weaker.

My ratings:
GGO: 9/10
Cablier Arc: 6.7/10
Mother's Rosario: 6.8/10

May 16, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2018
Well that just made me cry like a baby, gasping for air I was while watching that part. Tissues come in handy.
Jun 24, 2019 7:29 PM
Dec 2017
Second episode that cried IN A ROW😂😂😂and I'm a guy that doesn't cries at all!😅
Very good arc in the end, it surprised me a lot in many positive ways!!!
Aug 16, 2019 2:45 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty nice climax if you ask me. However, interesting plot twist at the end.
Sep 11, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2017
Yuuki's death was sad but she died in peace and with everyone.

This season was actually quite nice with better characterization than S1 but with less tension.

GGO: 7/10
Cablier Arc: 5/10
Mother's Rosario: 7/10

6.5→7/10 for the anime.

NurguburuSep 11, 2019 5:08 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 26, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2018
Good ending, I cried, I laugh and I smiled. A nice season and a little bit better than the first season. This season is full of saving, from Sinon to Yuuki. SAO is still normal for me, don't find it amazing but it is entertaining, glad that this season was greater than the first one because of development mainly of Sinon, Asuna and Yuuki.

Mar 6, 2020 5:36 PM

Sep 2017
The best way to describe SAO II is "SAO I but more inconsistent." By this I mean that it had higher highs and lower lows. While the Aincrad arc was consistently enjoyable, this season felt boring at some points while being exciting in others. GunGale was thoroughly entertaining. Calibur was okay, but probably my least favorite arc we have gotten thus far. Even with me knowing the ending to Mother's Rosario, I still found it wildly entertaining. Honestly, I just viewed watching SAO II as a means to an end, as I'm only catching up on SAO to get to Alicization, which I get to start tomorrow. Here's to hoping that lives up to the hype. 6/10.

Mar 17, 2020 5:49 PM

Sep 2014
And this was my second time watching this. Didnt quite catch me as the last episode did. Should have probably binged it more and not pause before the finale. Dont know why. I liked the arc overall more than before though. (Ironically this can be said about every arc I didnt like as much before while I also liked SAO and GGO a bit less.) Asuna got some good developement here, Zekken was a nice side character to have. Though Sinon moved to the background and everyone else was solidified as just background characters as well. This is all about Kiritos and Asunas relationship afterall.

Quick reminder that this season currently sits at 7.0 after the score recalculation. Nearly 0.5 lower than season 1 which some part of the anime community seem to hate. Really the fuck is this score. 7 is terrible, especially for a second season since the first usually filters out people who wont like the concept. Well whatever, its not like any of that stopped SAOs popularity or sequels.

PS: Agil has a wife, a bar, is a real adult and still likes to hang out with a bunch of teenagers. Also quick reminder that Klein used to have friends but always hangs out with this bunch of teenagers alone as well.
Comander-07Mar 17, 2020 5:55 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 3, 2020 1:36 AM

Mar 2013
Mother's Rosario is by far the best arc in SAO, without a single doubt.

GGO - 4.5
Excaliber - 6
Mother's Rosario - 9
Jun 22, 2020 4:08 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, when I first started watching this very controversial season of the very controversial show, I never expected it to bring me as close as it did to tearing up, it's been years man. Hats off.

The show obviously has some issues, but man, I can never understand the hate it gets.
Jul 31, 2020 1:51 AM
Aug 2017
Second time watching this years after, I thought SAO was overrated but it definitely is one of the best shows i seen, it offered alot of good stories 😤
Aug 25, 2020 11:25 AM
Oct 2006
I just realized yesterday that this season is actually my lowest overall rated 10 (6.88 - ouch!). I think the 1st and 3rd arcs were standouts, and more entertaining/better produced than anything in the first season. SAO got me back into anime for the most part, and I remember this one being the first anime in a while I actually watched while it aired. (also watched GGO as it aired). Just know even though apparently everyone likes to hate on this show and this season, there are people out there that enjoyed it thoroughly!
Nov 20, 2020 11:14 PM

Aug 2019
And thus ends the best SAO arc released so far. Mother's Rosario felt like another anime compared to the rest of the show and in my opinion single handendly carried this seasons ratings up a few notches for me. While it was heartbreaking to see one of my favorite characters die, I didn't want to see her suffer either. I thought the perspective of Asuna was a breathe of fresh air after the shitshow that was the ALO arc. Overall I gave season 2 a 6/10. If I were to rate the arcs:

GGO: 5/10
Excalibur: 4/10
Mother's Rosario: 8/10
Jan 23, 2021 10:27 PM

Feb 2020
First Half of SAO was ok with Sinon but the second part felt like it lacked a good plot. I guess it's not my kind of thing with all the emotions but I can see how some people can like it.
Apr 6, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2011
Same problem with season 1 the 1st half was good 2nd half ruins it. Is there any point in watching season 3? if they just keep making the same mistake.
Apr 13, 2021 4:47 PM

Sep 2018
At least as good as the first season, maybe even slightly better tbh. Some of the plot convenience stuff were eye rolling and some things felt half arsed, brings the score down a little. SAO's setting is really good, one of the best in anime IMO. Pretty enjoyable, 8/10.
Apr 30, 2021 9:08 AM

Dec 2018
Yes, this is the crowning achievement of SAO. Asuna is x10 better as a protagonist than the bLaCk SwOrDsMeN, and she actually developed [even though retconning her goals from Aincrad]. Yuuki will also never be forgotten.

There were still issues. All the gamers appearing and kneeling was stupid, not a single one of those gamers mean anything to anyone. Yuuki dying surrounded by the people she affected would have been x10 better than dying in front of the people she affected....and a stadium worth of faceless gamers. We didn't see the rest of the squad in real life, it could have been a video call or something. The worst part of this arc was seeing Kirito and his harem just being there.

All in all the fact that SAO made me shed a few tears is something I never expected to happen. And the fact that this arc is not popular whatsoever is a crime. The fact that this season as a whole has a lesser score than season 1 is disappointing.

5/10.[as a whole season, GGO: 3/10, Mother's Rosario: 7/10]
May 10, 2021 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
GGO: trash cave talk and some rape dude
Calibur: meaningless OK fodder
MR: victim olympics fodder

so.. where exactly was the "SAO" part in SAO 2?
May 16, 2021 12:30 PM

Jul 2020
Well it's finally over.
The first arc was decent.
The excalibur shtic was bad.
The last arc was ok.
4.5/10 (slightly lower than sao 1)
DRP0Feb 10, 2022 11:16 AM
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Jun 25, 2021 6:11 PM
Jun 2021
I really found the Mother's Rosario arc to be the best one thus far. Even moreso than Aincrad. It really carried my rating for season 2 and I'm not afraid to admit I cried like a bitch this episode >_<. Poor Yuuki <3.
Aug 22, 2021 11:14 AM
Mar 2020
i really liked the first 14 episodes with "death gun", i liked the dark theme, i was going to give it a 7 and i hoped that it will continue with the promise of death gun that it is not finished yet
but i got disappointed with the next two arcs, i was just skipping the scenes rapidly nothing caught up my attention ... 3/10
Nov 6, 2021 2:10 PM
Nov 2017
I decided to rewatch SAO and I’ve been doing my best to avoid this part and I stilled cried like a bitch 7 years later lol. But one thing I did catch was all of the hints that Yuki was in love with Asuna and she was being serious when she asked her to marry her bc even at the end she said I’m happy to be held by the person I love
Feb 23, 2022 12:07 PM
Feb 2022
My fist anime ay don't have to say no more my show is the best SAO FAN FOREVER
Apr 24, 2022 7:25 AM
Apr 2022
It's sad finally we have some good stuff and yea you deserve a 👍 A-1 Pictures

8.7/10
Aug 16, 2022 12:41 PM

Mar 2020
If we can't use Truck-kun to be able to Reincarnate her, can't we ask Goddess-kun to Reincarnate this girl in another world?
Aug 27, 2022 2:25 AM
Dec 2017
Season 2 of this series has always been my favorite.
Aug 28, 2022 3:06 AM
May 2021
it was so very good
Sep 9, 2022 4:40 AM
Jun 2022
uwu owo uwu owo uwu owo uwu
Oct 30, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2019
This arc. mother rosario is really touching, I used to watch this anime when I was a teenager like an action anime and drama in general and almost didn't shed a tear at all, but when I saw this episode again after getting older I realized things that weren't like the first time I watched it. and feel so relatable to the life I live. as well as being an encouragement when my situation is down like now thank Yuuki...
Oct 30, 2022 1:56 PM

Mar 2019
I guess that sad OST is what makes me tear up, lol. It is a very good one after all.

Amazing finale. We also got to see a fair (kind of) rematch between Kirito and Yuuki which looked great, sadly the time was against Kirito, but Yuuki's surprised face at the end was the best, never count Kirito out!! The music at the beginning also fit well, showing their adventures over the last months of Yuuki's life. And we also see Kirito at Asuna's house which is great given what her mother said about him!

Then we had the farewell, Yuuki's last moments which were done well. And it seems like the others survived!

AND THEN, RIGHT AT THE END, AKIHIKOO!! His motives are still VERY shrouded in mystery and that's why I love him, even if he did that at the beginning. It really seems like he was ahead of everyone, making such a design. All in all, great finale, definitely better than season 1, except uhh, Calibur. And we finally got an arc without a rapist at the end, definitely an improvement.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 1, 2022 6:41 AM
Mar 2022
AntonioWux said:
The first half of the season was great but the second half was weaker.

My ratings:
GGO: 9/10
Cablier Arc: 6.7/10
Mother's Rosario: 6.8/10

Mother's Rosario so low? Honestly? Comparatively Best written arc after Alicization. Imo GGO is weaker.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.