Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 10:15 AM

Feb 2021
IPFdomain said:
Kinda boring episode but the ending song always gets me hype so 8/10. Dont quote me and spout "its worldbuilding shounentard" I don't care, lol

Unfortunately, there won't be any crazy action scenes until cour 2. If I recall correctly from vol. 3, there will be some fights, but nothing too breathtaking.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
Winden said:
IPFdomain said:
Kinda boring episode but the ending song always gets me hype so 8/10. Dont quote me and spout "its worldbuilding shounentard" I don't care, lol

Unfortunately, there won't be any crazy action scenes until cour 2. If I recall correctly from vol. 3, there will be some fights, but nothing too breathtaking.

The
can be something, if they do it right
Mar 7, 2021 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
Altter said:
Winden said:

The
can be something, if they do it right

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 10:22 AM
Dec 2019
I’m super disappointed in the way the exposition scene of the Rujard tribe was handled. It felt far more impactful in the manga :(
Mar 7, 2021 10:25 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
WaterzBailed54 said:
We got Gintoki and Otose speaking to each other again during the first scene. Man, I really miss Gintama.

Really hoped I wasnt the only one who noticed that T^T

Mar 7, 2021 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
Holy crap that ended faster than I thought it would, it honestly felt like 10 minutes at most.
Mar 7, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2021
Somethings the anime cut from the LN. (Not a big deal but I thought would be interesting)

1. Rudeus went to sleep early on during his first meeting with Ruijerd, while Eris stay up all night talking to Ruijerd. Which is why she has gotten so much more comfortable with Ruijerd.

2. It is also why she fell asleep so quickly during the Superb history conversation with Ruijerd and the Chief in Roxy's village.

3. Eris introduce herself to the Chief under Rudeus' recommendation.

4. Roxy's parents gave Rudeus quite a bit of money for their journey. That's why Rudeus have a pouch of what look like herb and bark. (it is actually demon continent currency)

5. The LN converts the currency in detail:

Asuran gold coins: 100,000 Yen
Asuran silver coins: 10,000 yen
Asuran large coppers: 100 yen
Green ore coins: 1,000 yen
Iron coins: 100 yen
Scrap iron coins: 10 yen
Stone coins: 1 yen
WindenMar 7, 2021 11:12 AM
Mar 7, 2021 10:36 AM
Dec 2019
Amazing episode, loved the callbacks to Rudeus's past. Seems the plot is in motion too
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 7, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
AsuraDestructor said:
AlexGK said:
God damn it, why did they have to use the CGI :(
Until now there was no sign of any budget compromises regarding quality, I really didnt expect that. It felt so out of place compared with the animated stellar art, I have no idea why they did it.
4/5 for me for the episode. Re:Zero now has the quality crown for the season, until now Id argue they were equal.

It was a deliberate choice to make Hitogami creepier. And if you think CGI is Cheap, then hoo boy, you have no idea how CGI works, do you.

You are telling me this particular instance of CGI, about 3 minutes of content, was more expensive than 3 minutes of the top notch animation we are seeing so far in this show? That they actually paid more so they make the Hitogami look creepier, is that what you are saying?
Mar 7, 2021 10:37 AM
Jun 2013
As someone who has read the novel, and was loving the anime, this chapters has been the worst by far. Too many things rushed.

Especially the part of Ruijerd backstory, they should have adapted it way better. Was hard to read the part where he sees his son dying in his arms.
Mar 7, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
AlexGK said:
AsuraDestructor said:

It was a deliberate choice to make Hitogami creepier. And if you think CGI is Cheap, then hoo boy, you have no idea how CGI works, do you.

You are telling me this particular instance of CGI, about 3 minutes of content, was more expensive than 3 minutes of the top notch animation we are seeing so far in this show? That they actually paid more so they make the Hitogami look creepier, is that what you are saying?

The anime has been using a combination of CGI and 2D Animation since episode 1. Why are you so surprised lol.
WindenMar 7, 2021 10:45 AM
Mar 7, 2021 10:40 AM
Nov 2020
The first episode that I enjoyed all of, I never thought it would happen
Mar 7, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
EvilSociopath323 said:
For anybody wondering (and not knowing google), this is the worldmap.
Yo this is freakin' amazing, thanks dude! What's amazing about this map is that it's probably not accurate because it was probably explored and drawn by people in the story of this.
Mar 7, 2021 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
EpIcChEeSeMaN said:
The first episode that I enjoyed all of, I never thought it would happen

Makes sense. The slice of life content comes to an end (Until season 2) and they are adventuring through unknown lands.

It is going to be much more exciting, no doubt.
Mar 7, 2021 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Askaa said:
AlexGK said:
God damn it, why did they have to use the CGI :(
Until now there was no sign of any budget compromises regarding quality, I really didnt expect that. It felt so out of place compared with the animated stellar art, I have no idea why they did it.
4/5 for me for the episode. Re:Zero now has the quality crown for the season, until now Id argue they were equal.

you cant be serious, in terms of the animation Mushoku is far above re:zero s2
hack if we are gonna talk about the whole season then Wonder Egg Priority have the best animation and quality overall

Havent seen Wonder Egg Priority, but will definitely give it a shot, thanks :)
Yea, I know, I am being a bit salty about the CGI :/
Id still argue the difference is not that great though. Even more so now, with the CGI.
Mar 7, 2021 10:50 AM

Apr 2018
Eris was about to piss her pants yikes, Love Rudeus' reaction. What a polite man that he is.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 7, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2011
Winden said:
AlexGK said:

The anime has been using a combination of CGI and 2D Animation since episode 1. Why are you so surprised lol.

Because it bothered me this episode. We are not talking about some seconds on a distant shots, its a whole 3 minutes that definitely looked out of place, at least for me.
Mar 7, 2021 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
Rudeus: ''May I call you Father-In-Law?"

Man got balls to ask that xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 7, 2021 10:54 AM

May 2020
This was a good episode, not much else to say other than that. Also I found it funny that roxy was literally made to be with Rudy, ages matching and all
Mar 7, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2021
nanajp said:
EvilSociopath323 said:
Yo this is freakin' amazing, thanks dude! What's amazing about this map is that it's probably not accurate because it was probably explored and drawn by people in the story of this.

To give it more perspective, Rudeus estimates the distance between the Demon Continent and the Asura kingdom was about the distance from Paris to Las Vegas.
Mar 7, 2021 11:00 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn, looks like this is the start of something big but we only have 2 episodes left. Oh boy, can’t wait to get left hanging for another several years, please no!

Also since roxy is 44 it’s all good in the hood >:)

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 7, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2021
finally an episode without too much creep, but the new continent is still boring story and i dropped today because Rudeus wants a long romantic relationship with the girl he groped from childhood, it's gross
Mar 7, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2021
BetaMaleUltra said:
Damn, looks like this is the start of something big but we only have 2 episodes left. Oh boy, can’t wait to get left hanging for another several years, please no!

The second cour will be sometime around summer of this year. The second season, however, won't be until a couple years.
Mar 7, 2021 11:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Winden said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

The second cour will be sometime around summer of this year. The second season, however, won't be until a couple years.

What a relief, that’s good to know. Would’ve been so awkward to just suddenly stop while they were setting everything up.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 7, 2021 11:19 AM
Mar 2015
Rudy has accepted his job to help Rujerd thanks to his experiences in his previous life
Mar 7, 2021 11:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A big big change of scenery in this episode. I don't know how close this is to the source material this show is and if they're nailing the adaptation or not, but as an anime only I must say I'm enjoying this a lot. Great worldbuilding, interesting characters and good production values. About my only complaint is the occasional cringe moment when the MC shares his sexual urges. But it's being toned down in the last couple of episodes so this is just getting better and better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 7, 2021 11:23 AM
Jun 2020
how old will roxy be when she has sex with rudeus? just thinking about it is quit disturbing even though he will be like 20 then
Mar 7, 2021 11:27 AM
Nov 2018
Every episode of this thing has been 10/10 because score can't go higher lol it just gets better every ep
Mar 7, 2021 11:28 AM

Feb 2021
SideCharacterKal said:
Rudeus: ''May I call you Father-In-Law?"

Man got balls to ask that xD

It is honestly one of the reasons why he is such an entertaining protagonist.
Mar 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Apr 2015
This opening section is the most personality I've seen Rudy express, apart from you know what. Other than so, I ponder how the ones who claimed him to be a child will reconfigure themselves if they will at all to accommodate this very startling depiction of his adult body. Some might not, though it's to be expected!

Eris sure did overcome the innate fear the adults had tried to build in her, however, I guess that's a more easily understandable thing than not given the malleability of children.

Not the most elegant way of dumbing exposition on us either, but whatever. It hasn't been too long since the "demon kind" narrative was established, so I'm not too surprised it was undone. That it had to be that uneventful given the seemingly traumatizing magnitude it holds is disappointing.

Grandtakeaway for me is that I was capable of enjoying my time with the show for once, even if I still consider it a rather uninspired episode. That I didn't have to endure his pedophilic thoughts while he was looking at Eris sleeping was a grace in itself, though that it happened is still...urgh.

Hurrah.
TylaenMar 7, 2021 12:02 PM
Mar 7, 2021 11:37 AM

Nov 2019
At the beginning was otose and gintoki speaking. God I miss Gintama.
On topic I really like the fact they used cgi for Hitogami. Made him feel creepier. Although I imagined him looking more like a kid while reading the novel, this somehow fits him more.
Mar 7, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
maybe SJWs kids will calm down after knowing Roxy older than Rudeus lol

anyway, can't wait for next, this will be the best anime this year
Mar 7, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
dark-chaos said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the number on her character-sheet was never the problem.
Mar 7, 2021 11:48 AM

Oct 2014
Tylaen said:
dark-chaos said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the number on her character-sheet was never the problem.

Can you be any more obnoxious in these threads?
Mar 7, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
AsuraDestructor said:
Tylaen said:

Can you be any more obnoxious in these threads?
Only obnoxious to those with a certain devotion.
Mar 7, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2019
The most rushed episode after Ep. 4.

The exposition of the story become a bit bureaucratic and lacking any emotion:

- No flashback of tragic Ruijerd past.

- Almost no interaction with the Migurdias.

- They completely skipped the reason Roxy leaved her village.

- NO action at all, just a shot of Ruijerd already stabing a giant turtle.

- Not even they drawing a World Map on the floor, to give the audience the idea of distances and where they are right now.

All this was skiped from LN, what the manga preserved, being still a better adaptation than this episode.

3/5

EvilSociopath323 said:

Check here how the manga did a better job about geography exposition to the audience:

Rob7Mar 7, 2021 12:01 PM
Mar 7, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
That was great. Art looked a tad weaker than previous episodes but it was so nice to see Ruijerd animated, defintiely one of the best characters in the franchise, although I have a love for a lot of characters after reading the books. Meeting Roxy's parents was also cool and I love the use of languages in this show and how the audio direction was with handling communication. I hope it stays consistent with this for the long run. The opening sequence too with the Hitogami and Rudeus' former self was also really interesting.

The LNs definitely did better with the exposition of course given its advantage of being a medium full of words while the anime has time constraints, especially for 11 episodes. But I feel like the anime does a good enough job in presenting the most important aspects of the show while still retaining some amount of solid world building in the process.
Mar 7, 2021 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
MegamiRem said:
That conversation at the begining was interesting.

We finally see Ruijerd in the anime and he seems like a nice guy. Thou Eris' reaction after seeing him legit cracked me up lmao. Thou I'm glad she opened upto him fast.

Their adventure ro return to humans begin and first thing we get to see is Roxy sensei's hometown. Hply smokes I was thinking that dude's a teen but apparently he is Roxy's father and not only that but all of the people in the village looks quite young. Also wow they live for 200 years, that's great. Eris sleeping on Rudy's lap was sweet.

Just wanted to know, what anime is your pfp
Mar 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Oct 2017
coolshit69 said:
MegamiRem said:
That conversation at the begining was interesting.

We finally see Ruijerd in the anime and he seems like a nice guy. Thou Eris' reaction after seeing him legit cracked me up lmao. Thou I'm glad she opened upto him fast.

Their adventure ro return to humans begin and first thing we get to see is Roxy sensei's hometown. Hply smokes I was thinking that dude's a teen but apparently he is Roxy's father and not only that but all of the people in the village looks quite young. Also wow they live for 200 years, that's great. Eris sleeping on Rudy's lap was sweet.

Just wanted to know, what anime is your pfp
It's from a manga, Oshi no ko.
Mar 7, 2021 12:27 PM

Apr 2020
This show had surely changed as we are presented to a new world and a different type of adventure for our characters. Nice way to say goodbye to the cheery days in the Boreas mansion.

We finally have the true appearance of Rudy in his Earth life. Pretty fat but not too ugly I should say, and he is confronted by a "Human God" (ngl he looks exactly like the Game Master from "I'm standing in a million lives"). Thankfully it was all just a dream and now he wakes up in the Demon Continent, with only Eris and a Superd person called Ruijerd.

I'm just gonna say it, there were clear reminiscence of AoT faces in this episode. When Eris freaked out over Ruijerd, she almost looked like Gabi. And Ruijerd when also triggered looks like Bertholdt, nice touch there Bind. Also the animations at spots are PEAK FLUID, damn I love to see it.

We also got the Migurd village where Roxy came from, and we officially got Roxy's age, HOLY CHRIST SHE'S 44!!! Not just her, but the whole village have higher ages, with Roxys mother being 102 and all. Rudy was just quick to propose to Roxy's dad when he wants him to be his "father in law". A very passive aggressive rejection followed suit.

And finally after gathering rest and shelter, the three ventures on to return to their homes in a continent far, far away. Let's see how they end this off since holy christ the ending is actually near now. Last 2 episodes folks, let's make it count and enjoy it to the fullest!!!
Mar 7, 2021 12:33 PM

Feb 2021
Rob7 said:
The most rushed episode after Ep. 4.

The exposition of the story become a bit bureaucratic and lacking any emotion:

- No flashback of tragic Ruijerd past.

- Almost no interaction with the Migurdias.

- They completely skipped the reason Roxy leaved her village.

- NO action at all, just a shot of Ruijerd already stabing a giant turtle.

- Not even they drawing a World Map on the floor, to give the audience the idea of distances and where they are right now.

All this was skiped from LN, what the manga preserved, being still a better adaptation than this episode.

3/5

EvilSociopath323 said:

Check here how the manga did a better job about geography exposition to the audience:

The Anime was under severe time constraint. If they had skipped the ending then they could have added a tiny bit more.

However, the anime should serve as a very brief overview. The anime compliment the light novel by being a visual representation.
WindenMar 7, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 7, 2021 12:43 PM
Dec 2016
Tylaen said:
dark-chaos said:

What's the problem with Roxy?
Mar 7, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
The demon-guy seems nice, but the human-god is sketchy as F, so him telling Rudy to help this demon-guy means nothing but trouble I think... Not too sure I'd trust any of them. He does seem nice, but I have an impression he may not be mentally stable. One day he may snap and just massacre everyone... I mean, he seems perfectly capable of doing that so...
Mar 7, 2021 12:49 PM

May 2019
Winden said:

The Anime was under severe time constraint. If they had skipped the ending then they could have added a tiny bit more.

However, the anime should serve as a very brief overview. The anime compliment the light novel by being a visual representation.

The 1st part is normal to most anime adaptation.

But the 2nd is nonsense, sorry.

- Anime, just as like any Movie or TV Series, is a work completely independent. Made for an audience of viewers, not readers.

What, imagine if somebody would say that Lord of the Rings was a "film compliment to to the books"? Most of the audience who upvoted that movies and myself never touched in any of the books.

Any cinema/tv/screen audiovisual work, a form of art, that would rely on that premise, is failed from begin.

Thankfully this is not the case of MT. They could do it better, but until now the anime is very good.
Mar 7, 2021 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:
Well, I think Rudy explained it rather perfectly in the first episode.

She's the 100-year-dragon loli meme but a demon instead.
Mar 7, 2021 12:55 PM

Jun 2019
This was the best episode so far based on there being no perverted shit alone. But the world-building and Superd clan backstory was all very well done too. I especially liked how the Human-God was animated in CGI and the artsyle changed when Ruijerd got furious. It shows attention to detail and adds to the show’s personality.
Mar 7, 2021 12:56 PM

May 2019
descend2 said:

lol. That guy have a problem with absolutely any kind of character who resembles a minor (no matter the age gave in the fictional work) and is involved in anything sexual or perverted innuendo.

Basically, a sjw crusader against most anime, in MAL. No worries, in other foruns here you find worse users.

@Tylaen hey, check the bold word above.
Rob7Mar 7, 2021 12:59 PM
Mar 7, 2021 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
Rob7 said:
descend2 said:

lol. That guy have a problem with absolutely any kind of character who resembles a minor (no matter the age gave in the fictional work) and is involved in anything sexual or perverted innuendo.

Basically, a sjw crusader against most anime, in MAL. No worries, in other foruns here you find worse users.
Contrary to what you might think, I kinda like Roxy's design. It's quite a shame that she has to be sexualized due to Rudy's underaged fetish.

hey, check the bold word above.
The bolded part changes not one word of what I would've said. @Rob7
TylaenMar 7, 2021 1:03 PM
Mar 7, 2021 12:58 PM

Feb 2021
Rob7 said:
Winden said:

The 1st part is normal to most anime adaptation.

But the 2nd is nonsense, sorry.

- Anime, just as like any Movie or TV Series, is a work completely independent. Made for an audience of viewers, not readers.

What, imagine if somebody would say that Lord of the Rings was a "film compliment to to the books"? Most of the audience who upvoted that movies and myself never touched in any of the books.

Any cinema/tv/screen audiovisual work, a form of art, that would rely on that premise, is failed from begin.

Thankfully this is not the case of MT. They could do it better, but until now the anime is very good.

My point is that you can't squeeze in the entirely of the LN's exposition into the anime adaptation. I could tell just by watching the episode, they were trying to fit everything in but ultimately ran out of time. While it would be nice to get certain details, the written medium can fill in the gaps much more nicely.

That's why the anime only focuses on prominent points within the LN because that's what is feasible. One of the reasons why Anime get the green light is because of initial investment, either from the publisher or from somewhere. Hence, the investment should get a return, either through higher LN sales or merchandising and Bluray sales.
Mar 7, 2021 1:04 PM
Dec 2016
Tylaen said:
descend2 said:
Well, I think Rudy explained it rather perfectly in the first episode.

She's the 100-year-dragon loli meme but a demon instead.

Eh. She looks like an adult to me. She's just petite. She's apparently 4'10" according to the author, so she's taller than the average Japanese woman.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

297 by ThornofQueens »»
May 30, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.