Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 12, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2019
*No spoilers please*

Just theorizing about what we have in hands from the plot right now in the beginning of the second season: Subaru's Return by Death, and evidences that Satella is responsible for that.

From Steins Gate to Avengers, the Timeline Split is very common nowadays. In this theory, when you interfere in the course of time, you divide it and both realities keep existing and moving on, along with infinite dimensions/timelines.

It requires less power to just split a timeline, than to completely stop, erase a reality and restart it from a point in past.

I think that is what Satella is doing to Subary, since it is easier.

Is she Godly powered right now? To accomplish every unimaginable feat? She may be, probably some Novel readers will say so, but i think it is more logical to the plot that her powers are restrained right now, since she is "dead/defeated by the Dragon" (not spoilers, everything from season 1).

But she is powerful enough to physically summon 1 person from another dimension, and to do the Return by Death. Here is the point, the RbD works just by sending Subaru's last memories to another new Subaru while spliting the timeline from a certain point.

Agreeing with that, we can say that for every Subaru's death, there is still a timeline moving without him.

1. The timeline where Emilia was killed right after Subaru by Elsa, and soon after that Pucks End's Beast started a frozing massacre in the capital of Lugunica (at least until he faces...spoiler)

2. The timeline where Elsa took Emilia's insignia by killing Felt, Subaru & others, while Emilia... was not killed at least that day?

3. The timeline where an unknown boy was found dead in an alley, without to interfere in the rest of plot (so, Felt possibly was able to sell Emilia's insignia to Elsa without having to die).

4. The timeline where during the night, Rem, the skillful maid best-waifu for many, coldblooded cleaned every piece of Subaru's flesh and blood spread in the corridor of Rosswall Mansion, and in the next morning Emilia become disapointed being informed that Subaru just leaved the house without tell nothing.

5. The timeline where Emilia was also informed the same about Subaru's "depart", and the cute Rem had even less work to displace Subaru's body, buried in a hill.

6. The timeline where Ram returned and reported to Rosswall that the main culprit for Rem's death commited suicide, and then she mourned for the death of her sister while proceeding the funeral. Emilia probably become depressed for a time after such a sudden radical tragedy, and Beatrice probably was forgiven by Ross.

7. The timeline where Petelgeuse killed Emilia and possibly was killed right after by the End's Beast, who proceed his attempt to "destroy the world".

8. The very similar timeline where Petelgeuse managed to kill Emilia and was killed by the End's Beast, who this time also killed Subaru intentionally.

9. The timeline where the same above happened, but this time Petegeuse had not took the trouble to kill Emilia. And at least the Mansion was spared from be frozed.

10. The timeline where Felix and Julius probably was honest to report to Emilia everything that the deceased Subaru did to save her (if not they, Ram could tell it). Then the shocked and guilty Emilia returned with Ram to the mansion to wait for Rosswall (Ross? hello?), while the saddened Felix and Julius found a terrible surprise in the way back to capital.

11. Finally, the timeline where Emilia in absolute shock found Subaru dead after he suicide for no reason, at the side of an complete unknown blue haired girl. The only person who loved her killed himself after asking for some "Remu", what is happening? Then Felix harshly said her to leave the capital. Emilia, depressed, confuse and more lonely than ever, unable to face any new challenge (cough!), moved back to the Mansion...

And all them will move on.
Rob7Jul 12, 2020 7:23 PM
Jul 12, 2020 3:23 PM
Jun 2020
there are some storys called IF from the author but there was never a story were subaru stay dead
Jul 12, 2020 4:06 PM

Dec 2014
Lets be honest you just copy & pasted the synopsis from the wiki didnt you? Literally all of this will be explained in Arc 4 aka this season.
Jul 12, 2020 4:54 PM
Jan 2018
The different timelines thing will be (kinda?) explained this season, probably in the latter half (not sure since it's been a while since I read the novel).
Jul 12, 2020 5:15 PM

Apr 2015
This will all show in this season lol
Jul 12, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
Maruseru93 said:
there are some storys called IF from the author but there was never a story were subaru stay dead

Jul 12, 2020 6:27 PM
Feb 2020
protagonist is just hopping parallel universes that kinda has a checkpoint after he may or may not have accomplished something significant, leaving the other "universes" with comparatively more to ignore than knowing. Protagonist just restarts if he feels not living in the world that doesn't have "someone" making him come a bit selfish as to not consider other variables (ref split 11.) ._.
Jul 12, 2020 6:43 PM

May 2019
what, really!?

I thought this about different timelines was going to be totally out of the focus of the story, like "all you need to know about RbD is what you already know"

and then proceed in the plot with cultist mysteries, contratcs, curses, the hidden befalfs, the truth about the witches, the dragon and something like this.
Jul 12, 2020 7:08 PM
Aug 2018
Rob7 said:
what, really!?

I thought this about different timelines was going to be totally out of the focus of the story, like "all you need to know about RbD is what you already know"

Jul 13, 2020 10:12 PM

Dec 2008
Rob7 said:
*No spoilers please*
It requires less power to just split a timeline, than to completely stop, erase a reality and restart it from a point in past.

Why would it require less power? Why would it be easier? This is entirely an assumption.

Furthermore, while split timelines is a possibility that will be explored in this season, I don't believe it, because it doesn't fit with Satella's character. All of the timelines where Subaru died, Satella in that timeline would be left with no Subaru, which doesn't really make any sense.
Jul 14, 2020 7:28 AM

Oct 2018
From the summary spoilers back then that I read,
Jul 15, 2020 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
Saku_k said:
Rob7 said:
*No spoilers please*

Why would it require less power? Why would it be easier? This is entirely an assumption.

Furthermore, while split timelines is a possibility that will be explored in this season, I don't believe it, because it doesn't fit with Satella's character. All of the timelines where Subaru died, Satella in that timeline would be left with no Subaru, which doesn't really make any sense.

Jul 15, 2020 8:19 AM
Nov 2018
I read novel re zero, don't believe the spoilers above are all lies
BillabongxdJul 15, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 15, 2020 9:08 AM

Dec 2008
MonoReaper said:

Jul 15, 2020 9:43 AM

May 2019
Spoilers discussing to Spoilers.

I must learn that in every series adapted from completed novels (or in advanced status) it is absolutely useless try to propose inocent theories.

Cant even compare to anime based on mangas, since in this case the source usually is just 1 season far, or a bit more. And both are similar in being visual art, while novel is a book.

Resistance is futile.
Jul 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
Saku_k said:
MonoReaper said:

@Rob7 Ma dude even if i give you the benefit of doubt. The fact that you wrote down stuff that is almost 1 to 1 copys from the synopis of the LightNovel/WebNovel plot means you either already knew the entire plot so far or you just came to that perfect conclusions on your own which is impressive but i honestly doubt that given how close your points are to the truth from the Novels.
Jul 15, 2020 11:03 PM

Dec 2008
MonoReaper said:

@Rob7 Ma dude even if i give you the benefit of doubt. The fact that you wrote down stuff that is almost 1 to 1 copys from the synopis of the LightNovel/WebNovel plot means you either already knew the entire plot so far or you just came to that perfect conclusions on your own which is impressive but i honestly doubt that given how close your points are to the truth from the Novels.

Jul 15, 2020 11:51 PM

Dec 2014
Saku_k said:
MonoReaper said:

Mar 16, 2021 4:38 PM
Mar 2021
MonoReaper said:
Saku_k said:

@MonoReaper What the FUCK is your problem? Oh my god.... What the fuck. :DD Youre discussing about things you can barely comprehend yourself, and which are quite theoretical, at best. Also, from what I understand, while the Library does exist in a 'real' world, physically, the 'cradle of souls' that it connects to might be a different thing entirely. And if thats not the case, and Od Laguna exists within the world, then it should not have any of subaru's previous death records, as he hasnt technically died in the 'new world'. That would be a creator oversight. And if it does have those records, then it either transcends time-pace and is connected to all versions of the world timelines (which, if you have the brain to comprehend it, would create quite a few problems relating to duplicate souls of the same person across all timelines), OR... or, it transcends time-space and is simply unaffected by subarus 'time rewind' other tan recording his multiple deaths. And rather than rewinding the entirety of existence to an earlier saved state (absolutely godly power requirements) it might be just as simple as him being fucked outside time-space (because hes dead, and he is now a soul... duh), being somehow caught or bound by satella and superimposed into his earlier point of existence in reality. Now that has another problem, and that is also concerning soul duplication... How can your soul go back in time and into your earlier version of your body if that version already has you (the soul) in it? Well, unfortunately for you, that same problem exists with multiple timeline creation and hopping, that you keep defending like your life depends on it, assuming its his soul that gets transported. That also could likely be a creator oversight (theyre trying to create a catching story, not an entire complex world...). You could also say that there are no souls at all, and its just his mental 'imprint' that gets transported and merged into his earlier psyche, allowing his earlier version to become his later version. Now, if you dont understand what im talking about, and are essentially mindufucked, dont feel bad - youre likely not the only one.
ll62518475Mar 16, 2021 4:47 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.