Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jan 11, 2020 4:47 PM
Nov 2019
Chanxianji said:
Kembobo said:
Time to end this.

The lake scene. This is by far the strongest proof that they are alive. Perhaps the only thing worth calling proof. The moment we see them lying on those stairs defines the twins Haruka and Sora as still being alive. Few possibilities have been given to justify the death theory: that it was either their afterlife, or a dying hallucination, or that they were reborn in another world/reality/you name it. Some, noticing that it couldn't be either of these, since they were proven not to be the case, even tried to call it a recreated reality just to keep the death theory intact. One step at a time though.
How do you prove something is a dying hallucination? More importantly, how do you prove it isn't? Saturos-001 was apparently able to answer the second question. There were certain details in that scene that wouldn't be possible for a hallucination. For starters, Sora wouldn't have been able to notice Haruka's bruise on his left knee, the one he got moments earlier when falling off his bike, or his barely visible belt. Yet both these elements are present on Haruka when the two are confessing their love to one another. It couldn't have been Sora hallucinating. Was it Haruka then? Not even. The steps they were lying on were covered by the forest and could not be seen from were Haruka entered the lake. He wouldn't have been able to hallucinate being on them in the first place. Personal take: there's also another issue that came to my mind and that Saturos-001 addressed too. It being a hallucination would mean one of the twins was a fake, projected by the mind of the other. In other words, the confession wouldn't be worth anything. Coincidentally however, we see both of them on the train together, and we know they solved all the issues between them. Which is, what do you know, the same thing that happened during the lake scene. In other words, the lake scene was a moment shared between the two of them, not exclusive to only one of them, all the more reason why it couldn't be a dying hallucination. End of the personal take.
Then it had to be their afterlife! Easy to prove it wasn't. Lekkain once again studies the scene carefully. Not only are they wearing the same clothes, Haruka also still has that bruise mentioned before. Most importantly though, they are both wet (Haruka even says this to Sora), a reminder that they were in the lake not too long ago. The devs even went the extra mile and drew water drops on their faces. It doesn't get more obvious than that. Oh wait, it actually does... the real proof that they did get out of there though, as if them being wet wasn't enough?
The camera shot taken from above. It shows a trail of water leading from the direction of the lake's surface to where the twins are lying. Once you see it, it's pretty obvious what it is. The water marks of someone being dragged, that someone being Haruka. People still struggle to believe them getting out of the lake was a possibility. As Saturos-001 said however, it isn't important HOW they survived, fact is they DID survive. And the trail of water proves this. As for how, much has been speculated. Maybe Sora saved them both as she did in both the VN and Manga. Nowhere does the anime prove she cannot swim. In fact Lekkain was able to point out that before Haruka dove towards her, she was floating just fine. It's when he started hindering her that they both started sinking. Once he was done wailing, Sora would've been able to save him (add in adrenaline rush in a desperate situation), like she did in both other adaptations. She hadn't passed out, given that her eyes were still half-open. She even tilted her head slightly when looking at Haruka while they were sinking. Personal take: I'd like to add that she was lying on top of Haruka, besides him to his left, a possible hint that she could've been the one to drag him. End of the personal take. Another possibility is that Akira could've saved them. She had been alerted to someone's presence and in episode 1 she was able to lift 4 grocery bags with ease. Many people bet their money on Nao. You don't get to be swimming team captain for nothing. That, and the omake ending spoils it. Putting how they survived aside though, the water trail proves it wasn't their afterlife. For the same reason they couldn't have been reborn. And the recreated reality bit is just as bad as suggesting that Akira was remembering badly and saw a torn bunny where there wasn't one. It's basically grasping at straws. Maybe that was a recreated reality in her mind? As was the whole arc. Personal take: why fool them with a recreated reality? And who would've fooled them? Why go through all the details of trail of water, wet twins...even going as far as adding small droplets of water on their hair and face? This scene is truly definitive proof that they survived the lake. End of personal take.
Fans also noted that Sora never answered Haruka's question on wether they were alive are dead. Saturos-001 proves his cunning as a philosophy teacher once again. Haruka's was never a question to begin with. He did not ask 'Are we alive/dead?'. He stated 'We're alive, right?", as if to reassure her that they were indeed alive. The tone with which he said it, the way he smiled as he said it, the way Sora silently smiled back at him, as if she was happy to have him reassuring her of such a thing. It all leads to the sentence being more of a reassurance than a question. Personal take: I can confirm that in the VN this form of speech (question, right?) was used occasionally, with the answer not necessarily being given, because it was a granted one. Example:  "As long as it's edible, right?" This sentence uttered by Ryohei was never answered, mainly because the answer is in of itself inside Ryohei's presumed question. The lake scene itself is also way too similar to that of the VN. In the VN, they almost drown, are saved, they confess their love, they have sex. In the anime, the scene is almost the exact same, minus the runtime and shorter dialogue due to episode time constraints, and, unlike in the VN, the sex scene isn't explicitly show (I'm glad they cut it out), but is outright hinted to have happened when they are hugging each other half naked (another riminder they still have their bodies). End of the personal take.

As a finale, I'll address the plot holes left by either take on the ending.

Plot holes of them living:
-the bunny
and that's it. No, seriously, just a bunny. And only if we consider it's most popular interpretation, that it is related to their death, since other interpretations were given. You know that personally I think it was an editor's mistake for the reasons I mentioned before, but for fairness I won't consider it as such, since it would pretty much take down the whole death theory (and what fun would that be?)
The fact that only Haru and Sora are ever seen together after the lake scene, without having interacted with anyone, might have been a plot hole hadn't it been for the fact that the same happened in the VN: not showing them interact with anyone doesn't mean they did not. In fact, their friends' reactions would suggest otherwise.

Plot holes left if we consider them dead:

-the lake scene:if it wasn't legit then what was it? Afterlife, Rebirth, hallucination and recreated reality are out of the picture. What else could it be if not them surviving?

-who found the bodies: definitely not Akira, I can tell you that much. And she was perhaps the only who could've done so. Then who did? Were there maybe no bodies to find in the first place?

-Nao's reactions and dialogue: they speak for themselves, it is strongly hinted through her dialogue that she knows them to be alive. 'The fight for Haru has just begun'. Except it hasn't, cuz he's dead?

-the futon in the house: did the blanket and cushions magically move or did someone just decide to sleep there after almost dying? You cannot prove Goldilocks inhabits this universe.

-the fact that no one was searching for them before the text: what, did they just give up and think 'ah, they're probably fine'? Especially true in Nao's case.

-the text being not only real and legitimately a normal email, but it also being detailed and similar to that of the VN: both texts (or all 3 if we consider the manga) did mention an acquaintance of their parents: the artisan. Quite the coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

-the train scene: between the fact they still have physical bodies, have changed clothes, are eating Pochi and even have a suitcase with them, I don't know what's worse. Probably the suitcase, since they wouldn't need it if they were going to heaven. Oh, and the clothes and suitcase are the same of when they left the town (alive), in the VN. What are the odds?!

-Haruka's dialogue: a bit of a nitpick, but what would the point of his speech to Sora be. 'I don't care what others think', 'let's search for a path together'. Except it doesn't matter anymore, you're dead?
-Sora's one line: 'I thought I had lost you!' Implying like in the other adaptations, that despite having saved him, she thought she might have been too late already.

-The twin's relatives: they were coming to get them, as Haruka had confirmed to them before Sora disappeared. What would've happened to them had the twins actually died.

Final verdict: Haru and Sora are alive.

The end. Case closed. Sorry, I just felt like saying that.

Overall, a straightforward ending. And an expected one at that. I know I could've just jumped straight to the lake scene explanation and solved everything there, since it basically proves them to be alive, but where would've the fun in that be? The long road is sometimes the funnest one...kudos again to Lekkain and Saturos-001 for finding all the proof. Without them, a general debunking of the theory would've been impossible.

This time I get right guy, I'm sure. People talk on you everywhere and say you break death theory on this anime and I search everywhere to try find you. I finally find you. I not understand if them dead or alive so I look but not happy with what I find. Nothing precise, speculation only. Either "bunny proves them dead" or "text proves them alive". That it. Nothing precise. You make me happy with what I find. You give best explanation on ending. Very long 5 comments but precise, you prove Haru and Sora are alive, you only one take everything into consideration, including VN. I only join Mal to thank you directly. Thank you for proving they survive, I finally stop looking. Sorry, my English is very terrible. I understand English very well, but write and speak like shit. Thank you again.

Um, sure...you're welcome...I suppose. Could've just Private Messaged me if you wished.
Jan 15, 2020 2:38 AM

Aug 2017
Best episode, or second best after the previous episode with all the steamy scenes. Definitely the best arc and the only worthwhile arc.

Sora forever, she's the princess. Nao was a good "bro" character here.
Jan 26, 2020 1:13 PM
Jan 2020
Kembobo said:
Chanxianji said:

This time I get right guy, I'm sure. People talk on you everywhere and say you break death theory on this anime and I search everywhere to try find you. I finally find you. I not understand if them dead or alive so I look but not happy with what I find. Nothing precise, speculation only. Either "bunny proves them dead" or "text proves them alive". That it. Nothing precise. You make me happy with what I find. You give best explanation on ending. Very long 5 comments but precise, you prove Haru and Sora are alive, you only one take everything into consideration, including VN. I only join Mal to thank you directly. Thank you for proving they survive, I finally stop looking. Sorry, my English is very terrible. I understand English very well, but write and speak like shit. Thank you again.

Um, sure...you're welcome...I suppose. Could've just Private Messaged me if you wished.

I not know how. Not matter. This also good!
Feb 11, 2020 6:39 PM
Feb 2020
Wow that ameseng 777
Feb 2020
Wow that ameseng 77
Feb 2020
Wow that ameseng 77
Mar 7, 2020 6:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A very very very special anime... the last arc was wonderful even if I don't agree with this relation... other arcs were meh/ok
Apr 26, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2018
Managed to slog through this in a day. Remove Sora entirely and this would've been passable. She was an insufferable brat.
What a beautiful Duwang
May 1, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
positives:
- the art
- maid’s post episode route
- the first two routes was actually good

negatives:
- unpopular opinion: Sora
- the main theme playing every two minutes
- class rep didnt get her own route animated
- yea pretty much everything else

5/10
May 10, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
dannymilk said:

negatives:

Came here to say this. Sora was 100% selfish and never showed any sympathy towards Haruka's mental struggle with their relationship. She just forced him to throw his life away -- which in itself could have been made up for if she wasn't a little bitchy whore. I liked most of the other characters though.
removed-userMay 10, 2020 8:53 PM
May 24, 2020 4:02 PM
May 2019
HeroicIdealism said:
dannymilk said:

negatives:

Came here to say this. Sora was 100% selfish and never showed any sympathy towards Haruka's mental struggle with their relationship. She just forced him to throw his life away -- which in itself could have been made up for if she wasn't a little bitchy whore. I liked most of the other characters though.

Yeah, unfortunately the anime kinda skips over the part where Sora shows sympathy for Haru and his struggles towards their relationship; in the Visual Novel, the whole reason why she tries commit suicide is because she feels she is a burden to her brother and his happiness. She explains this during the lake scene before attempting to drown herself. In the anime though? She just runs away from him and later regrets her actions.
May 24, 2020 4:04 PM
May 2019
This may come out of nowhere, but...
https://mobile.twitter.com/katahito/status/1252231271142445061

An OVA following Sora's arc might happen!
May 26, 2020 10:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
K--Kazue-chan ... you deserved your own arc T.T

Still, the Sora arcs end always stay true for the most anime ending with a great taboo like incestous problems, unsatisfied conclusion. Rather give a whole happy-yippy marriage or something great reality, Yosuga no Sora keep its best to bring the twincest story as its greatest story. I can't blame how the end resolve all shit happen. Even fans can bring their best resolutions to fix that open-world endings. However, for everything the series gives to me, Sora arc can be my best written story so far with the taste of twincest as its strength. Once again, twincest ftw, no matter shit people talk about that.

Okay, time down to business.

With thats all got blown up, i give this show a solid 6,33 out of 10 total scores. Yosuga no Sora, be grateful. I dont easily use my time wasted to write such a long-ass article like these before. This only come to respect how cute the character Sora was. And for respecting the incestous themes of the show while the other being regret that shit exists. What a denial they were, when the era changed and all of the sexuality desire got revert as well. Okay. Time to move on again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 23, 2020 5:15 PM
Jun 2019
ShiroSenpai17 said:
Did Haru and sora died in episode 12? I need Answers pls im begging you help me

Hmm...kinda unlikely

https://mobile.twitter.com/katahito/status/1252231271142445061
Sep 25, 2020 11:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wasn't expecting much, thus was certainly better than I was expecting. There's actual substance and some story here, not just a hollow shell of some light hentai. The multiple different arcs through off the pacing for me a bit, and I lost interest and investment around halfway through. Still wanted to finish it though, while it had an ok-to-decent ending I'm still not sure what the overall point was.

Not absolutely terrible, better than expected, but a bit of a waste of time on my part. Guess I'll move on in my watch later list, hopefully I can find something actually good to watch

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 20, 2020 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
It had a nice vibe and potenia, but I would've cared more if they arcs were one or two episodes longer and if at least on of the main girls had been my type.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2020 9:13 PM
Aug 2020
Guys I have found the real meaning of the ending.

Haruka and Sora were Reborn

Look it might sound Superficial but it is true, the story has official hints and confirmations to this concept.

We see them on the train since episode 1, and now also we see them on a train sitting at the exact same position as they were since episode 1. We also see them eating pocky, also now we see them eating pocky. To the guys who are saying that they were saved by somebody from drowning...

They had no time to fix the house but they had the time or money to buy some pocky. Just seems unreal and also we see Sora black bunny being ripped of in her room which according to me was a huge plot hole that how she has that exact same bunny she had in her hand in perfect condition.

These are all the hints that we get but one thing that havent changed is their relationship. They are planning to stay together forever that is why the episode was named , In solitude (through death) were we are atleast alone.

Well phew I got really sad and depressed when alot of guys were saying that they were dead and was in the afterlife. But I have found out the true and real ending of the whole story Yosugo No Sora.

In the end what has been clear is that Haru and Sora will be together forever and that will not change :)
AchuZGouthOct 28, 2020 9:19 PM
Nov 12, 2020 5:45 PM
Nov 2018
I finally finished this series and it was great. I love these kind of anime where it shows different routes. However I did not expect to see those cultured scene. It caught me off guard.

I like the route 1, 2 and 3. I didn't care much for Sora.

7/10
Jan 27, 2021 1:24 PM
Oct 2020
Dunkmaru said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite the strong episode. Noticed some changes here and there from the visual novel's storyline, but it was so beautifully executed I wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. Definitely the best arc and ending. 5/5

Above all else, lets make things understood. THERE ARE SEX SCENES WITHIN THIS SERIES!! what's more, this part generally makes individuals need to just watch this arrangement as a hentai. In the event that you are anticipating doing as such, you will exchange a GREAT anime with a HORRIBLE hentai on the grounds that those scenes are short and not energizing. All things being equal, the sexual moments make a novel mind-set for the story improvement.

Story 9/10 Yosuga no sora was initially a PC visual novel, this implies that the story can't in any way, shape or form need content. The story is extremely special, rather than having 1,000,000 young ladies preferring the primary character simultaneously, the story centers around one champion for a couple of scenes at that point returns to a "save point" and starts another story with the following one.

I need to part the craftsmanship part into two.

General workmanship (how the characters look) 8/10

State of mind workmanship (what makes the current circumstance or story more interesting)10/10 The specialty of this anime is able to do totally communicating the character's sentiments. The craftsman isn't just making the characters redden and changing the eyes and eyebrows to communicate a character's feelings. All things considered, the craftsman utilizes the non-verbal communication of the characters. ( the manner in which a character is standing, sitting, resting, getting f**ked)

Sound 10/10 The voice representing most characters is fulfilling.

The mood melodies and sounds were by and large great. ( with a couple of scenes that have incredible mood melodies and sounds) The opening is one of my number one anime openings. The operation tune flawlessly communicates the overall sensation of this anime.

Character 10/10 as a rule (since I may flood the survey with my own assessments and lower the quality since I have a lot to say)The character depiction is incredible, somewhat on account of the workmanship; each character has an exceptionally extraordinary and alluring character which additionally makes the uniqueness of the characters very solid.

Pleasure 9/10 The solitary thing keeping me away from giving this arrangement a 10/10 for satisfaction is the exceptional clashes caused one scene to appear to be extremely long and made me need to take a break. Which is likewise the explanation this anime is pleasant.

Generally speaking 9/10

I would recommend this arrangement to everybody, particularly individuals who preferences fascinating clashes and sentiment.

PS: The visual novel is still much better so why not give the VN a possibility while you're grinding away. Both the workmanship and music are stunning and the narratives are more evolved in the
Jan 27, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2021
When I first heard of this anime I knew just how spicy it was gonna get. I was not expecting it have a good ending. I was afraid that it would end up like Oreimo.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Feb 9, 2021 12:16 PM

Jun 2019
I hated this anime when I started it.
I was quite wrong, because I was thinking it was just a regular ecchi anime without any depth and interest.
But now that I have watched the integrality of it, I noticed a very interresting patern.
Since it's an anime where the main character is having a relation with several characters, ending up dating is sister, we could think that it is just an ecchi anime, and the relations an excuse to show of sex scenes.
However, if we look at the order of the relations, and the "role" of each character the main is dating and having sex with, we can see that it is more than an ecchi anime.
Like said the anarchist thinker Murray Bookchin(my own traduction sorry): "to access a truly equal an free society, we must abolize the inlfuence of both the old aristocracy, the church, as recommanded by Proudhon, but also the most difficult and important : the structure of the family."
If you don't see the connexion with yosuga no sora, let me explain myself.
Haru begins by having a relationship with Kazuha, that is from a very upper class and ancient rural family, and she symbolize the aritocracy, so haru is metaphorically erasing all between class frontiers, that are aiming to separate people on their social origin context to avoid upper class people to meet and marry to lower class.
Secondally, Haru is having sex with Akira, who is working in a temple, so who is a kind of religious vestal. However the main character takes her virginity, showing no respect for her kind of religious office, and desacralizing the authority of religion.
After that, Haru dates Nao, who is a childhood friend. The third structure described by Bookchin is now attacked, but not totally, because he's freeing himself from is past by having sex with a childhood friend(so in a way related to childnes and family).
Lastly, the familial structure is totally destroyed and Haru totally emancipated when he decide to have sex with is own sister, meaning that no taboo or social habitus will stop him to be free and to enjoy the world.
I would add that at a moment, the two of them are having sex in the kitchen, at the familial table, where usually take place the meal where all the family meets up at the same time in a demonstration of power by the patriarcal figure, wich is here absent the whole movie, as a premice of emancipation.
"Each man cannot judge except by himself"
Fiodor Dostoïevski, Demons, 1871
Apr 11, 2021 9:33 AM

Jul 2020
Tbh, i really like others route rather than Sora route, im not a big fan of incest, and the romance story for other heroin is just too amazing, i really like it, thats why i only watch until eps 9, overall the romance story of this anime is amazing
May 10, 2021 9:53 PM

Mar 2021
Okay so I'm going to ignore the whole controversy regarding this anime and focus on a singular point I want to talk about, Sora.

A lot of you are taking a very negative stance on her character due to her selfish actions, and I have to say, I feel like a lot of people would act like Sora in the way she did when it comes to her life circumstances.

Her entire existence revolved around Haruka, the validation, literally the only connection to the world that Sora actually wanted. I'm not at all excusing Sora's behavior, I'm just saying I understand why she acts the way she does.
Check out my music - https://irrenoid.com/music

May 23, 2021 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
I’m not sure if the die or it’s a different timeline but I gotta say dayum I didn’t expected haru banging her sister even the class rep put bleach in her eyes after wut she saw in the front door of haru house I don’t blame her but that her own fault but neither ways the endin wasn’t that gud like the last thing we just know wut happened to sora and haru is that went to the overseas and the are living together and the whole group misses both of them even nao she is happy for both them being happy together meanwhile class rep is over here mad Bc it’s wrong having a relationship with ur sister but overall I give this anime a 7/10
May 24, 2021 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
You know, I should have guessed when MAL people said Sora had the most depth out of all the heroines, they were thinking with their other heads. If your idea of good character development is selfish brat fucks brother and suddenly becomes a perfect waifu who cooks, cleans and wants to fuck all the time... Honestly, fair. I would not call that having "depth" tho lol. She is just horny.

Sora remained my least favorite girl until the very end. Not that the other heroines were anything special, but I did find them a lot more pleasant. Everybody hated on Nao-chan and she turned out to be such a bro in Sora's route! I wish her route was written better. Def my favorite girl.

Overall, I am satisfied. I watched this because I was craving trashy melodramatic romance anime. So many moments made me lol.
May 24, 2021 3:45 PM
Apr 2021
tenaflyviper said:
You know, I should have guessed when MAL people said Sora had the most depth out of all the heroines, they were thinking with their other heads. If your idea of good character development is selfish brat fucks brother and suddenly becomes a perfect waifu who cooks, cleans and wants to fuck all the time... Honestly, fair. I would not call that having "depth" tho lol. She is just horny.

Sora remained my least favorite girl until the very end. Not that the other heroines were anything special, but I did find them a lot more pleasant. Everybody hated on Nao-chan and she turned out to be such a bro in Sora's route! I wish her route was written better. Def my favorite girl.

Overall, I am satisfied. I watched this because I was craving trashy melodramatic romance anime. So many moments made me lol.
literally all the other girls were fucking whores. Sora isn’t, u just don’t understand that them being together gave them true happiness. He hid his feelings throughout his life hoping he could develop love for someone else and he couldn’t. And sora couldn’t be truly happy knowing that she’s not with him. Sora and him together are the best and she is best girl
May 24, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
NarutoGuy02 said:
literally all the other girls were fucking whores. Sora isn’t, u just don’t understand that them being together gave them true happiness. He hid his feelings throughout his life hoping he could develop love for someone else and he couldn’t. And sora couldn’t be truly happy knowing that she’s not with him. Sora and him together are the best and she is best girl

Are you being serious rn? I mean, I understand those siblings sure did want to fuck lol. If the other girls are whores, so is Sora. She's the horniest girl and her route has the most sex, so, following your logic, wouldn't that make her the biggest whore?
May 24, 2021 6:18 PM
Apr 2021
tenaflyviper said:
NarutoGuy02 said:

Are you being serious rn? I mean, I understand those siblings sure did want to fuck lol. If the other girls are whores, so is Sora. She's the horniest girl and her route has the most sex, so, following your logic, wouldn't that make her the biggest whore?
bro his ex with the glasses lowkey raped the guy from her parents arguing and didn’t wanna be alone. Sora came onto him out of pure feelings and love along with obviously lust from holding it in so long. Sex is an expression and type of form of love. The love they had was true. If you are arguing that that’s not true then you are wrong but if you are arguing that sora is a whore then u think that. But she was litterally a virgin until he clapped her so.
May 24, 2021 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
NarutoGuy02 said:
bro his ex with the glasses lowkey raped the guy from her parents arguing and didn’t wanna be alone. Sora came onto him out of pure feelings and love along with obviously lust from holding it in so long. Sex is an expression and type of form of love. The love they had was true. If you are arguing that that’s not true then you are wrong but if you are arguing that sora is a whore then u think that. But she was litterally a virgin until he clapped her so.

I do like Nao, but I'm not gonna defend her actions there. I agree what she did was kind of messed up. I wouldn't call her a whore, though. She was a kid who made a bad choice. What about the other girls? What makes them whores? I just don't get your logic here because their feelings aren't any different from Sora's. In their routes, they also love Haru and want to have sex to show their love.
May 24, 2021 6:40 PM
Apr 2021
tenaflyviper said:
NarutoGuy02 said:

I do like Nao, but I'm not gonna defend her actions there. I agree what she did was kind of messed up. I wouldn't call her a whore, though. She was a kid who made a bad choice. What about the other girls? What makes them whores? I just don't get your logic here because their feelings aren't any different from Sora's. In their routes, they also love Haru and want to have sex to show their love.
bro the girl in the shrine went into the bath with him and basically seduced him. She’s the worst whore. Sora is the most understandable character She’s the best
May 24, 2021 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
NarutoGuy02 said:
bro the girl in the shrine went into the bath with him and basically seduced him. She’s the worst whore. Sora is the most understandable character She’s the best

Wh... I don't even know what to say to this lol. You have won the discussion because you broke my brain and I can no longer continue. Truly, the worst crime of them all, even worse than rape, is seducing the boy you like in the bath.
May 24, 2021 6:57 PM
Apr 2021
tenaflyviper said:
NarutoGuy02 said:

Wh... I don't even know what to say to this lol. You have won the discussion because you broke my brain and I can no longer continue. Truly, the worst crime of them all, even worse than rape, is seducing the boy you like in the bath.
yea cuz all them whites and sora is perfect
May 25, 2021 1:32 PM
Apr 2021
shuncchi said:
one of the best eroges adaption, even if i am repeating myself.
the end was just awesome, but i also have to say that i woulod prefer a 12 ep pure sora arc.
bro facts. I wanted more sora. She’s the star she’s perfect. This anime would of been gold if we had more slice of life with sora and him. I love them together
Jul 10, 2021 12:56 AM

May 2015
that score is an insult to be honest
one of the best omnibus format drama anime out there. I know people despise incest, but it shouldn't affect the score this much.
Aug 9, 2021 4:20 PM
Sep 2020
anyone else see kaichou’s eyes and think “i want what she’s on”
like fr
also the incest kinda triggered me- ;-;
Oct 6, 2021 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
I really like this anime because this anime teaches me to always love my sister and stay strong even though my sister avoids me. And how to overcome me watching this anime This and know what my sister wants.
Oct 6, 2021 8:49 PM
Feb 2021
I really like this anime which has taught me to pay more attention to my sister, and at the end of the anime I know what my sister wants the most.
Oct 17, 2021 5:38 AM

Jun 2017
skipping the rest of the crap in the anime; seeing the actual implications of an incestous relationship assblast itself was decently entertaining to watch, but otherwise the anime does a worse job than the ending bonus maid-girl scenes at making you actually care for any of the characters lol
Oct 23, 2021 6:06 PM
Jan 2011
RyanSaotome said:
they made no mention of how Sora saved Haru in the water since they were like at least 30 feet under water sinking. It would be improbable to survive that.

It is implied that Nao rescued both of them off-screen. During the credits for the maid shorts, there is a shot of Sora and Haru floating in the same lake before Nao emerges from underneath with both of them on her belly.
Oct 26, 2021 3:58 AM

Sep 2021
Kembobo said:
Time to end this.

The lake scene. This is by far the strongest proof that they are alive. Perhaps the only thing worth calling proof. The moment we see them lying on those stairs defines the twins Haruka and Sora as still being alive. Few possibilities have been given to justify the death theory: that it was either their afterlife, or a dying hallucination, or that they were reborn in another world/reality/you name it. Some, noticing that it couldn't be either of these, since they were proven not to be the case, even tried to call it a recreated reality just to keep the death theory intact. One step at a time though.
How do you prove something is a dying hallucination? More importantly, how do you prove it isn't? Saturos-001 was apparently able to answer the second question. There were certain details in that scene that wouldn't be possible for a hallucination. For starters, Sora wouldn't have been able to notice Haruka's bruise on his left knee, the one he got moments earlier when falling off his bike, or his barely visible belt. Yet both these elements are present on Haruka when the two are confessing their love to one another. It couldn't have been Sora hallucinating. Was it Haruka then? Not even. The steps they were lying on were covered by the forest and could not be seen from were Haruka entered the lake. He wouldn't have been able to hallucinate being on them in the first place. Personal take: there's also another issue that came to my mind and that Saturos-001 addressed too. It being a hallucination would mean one of the twins was a fake, projected by the mind of the other. In other words, the confession wouldn't be worth anything. Coincidentally however, we see both of them on the train together, and we know they solved all the issues between them. Which is, what do you know, the same thing that happened during the lake scene. In other words, the lake scene was a moment shared between the two of them, not exclusive to only one of them, all the more reason why it couldn't be a dying hallucination. End of the personal take.
Then it had to be their afterlife! Easy to prove it wasn't. Lekkain once again studies the scene carefully. Not only are they wearing the same clothes, Haruka also still has that bruise mentioned before. Most importantly though, they are both wet (Haruka even says this to Sora), a reminder that they were in the lake not too long ago. The devs even went the extra mile and drew water drops on their faces. It doesn't get more obvious than that. Oh wait, it actually does... the real proof that they did get out of there though, as if them being wet wasn't enough?
The camera shot taken from above. It shows a trail of water leading from the direction of the lake's surface to where the twins are lying. Once you see it, it's pretty obvious what it is. The water marks of someone being dragged, that someone being Haruka. People still struggle to believe them getting out of the lake was a possibility. As Saturos-001 said however, it isn't important HOW they survived, fact is they DID survive. And the trail of water proves this. As for how, much has been speculated. Maybe Sora saved them both as she did in both the VN and Manga. Nowhere does the anime prove she cannot swim. In fact Lekkain was able to point out that before Haruka dove towards her, she was floating just fine. It's when he started hindering her that they both started sinking. Once he was done wailing, Sora would've been able to save him (add in adrenaline rush in a desperate situation), like she did in both other adaptations. She hadn't passed out, given that her eyes were still half-open. She even tilted her head slightly when looking at Haruka while they were sinking. Personal take: I'd like to add that she was lying on top of Haruka, besides him to his left, a possible hint that she could've been the one to drag him. End of the personal take. Another possibility is that Akira could've saved them. She had been alerted to someone's presence and in episode 1 she was able to lift 4 grocery bags with ease. Many people bet their money on Nao. You don't get to be swimming team captain for nothing. That, and the omake ending spoils it. Putting how they survived aside though, the water trail proves it wasn't their afterlife. For the same reason they couldn't have been reborn. And the recreated reality bit is just as bad as suggesting that Akira was remembering badly and saw a torn bunny where there wasn't one. It's basically grasping at straws. Maybe that was a recreated reality in her mind? As was the whole arc. Personal take: why fool them with a recreated reality? And who would've fooled them? Why go through all the details of trail of water, wet twins...even going as far as adding small droplets of water on their hair and face? This scene is truly definitive proof that they survived the lake. End of personal take.
Fans also noted that Sora never answered Haruka's question on wether they were alive are dead. Saturos-001 proves his cunning as a philosophy teacher once again. Haruka's was never a question to begin with. He did not ask 'Are we alive/dead?'. He stated 'We're alive, right?", as if to reassure her that they were indeed alive. The tone with which he said it, the way he smiled as he said it, the way Sora silently smiled back at him, as if she was happy to have him reassuring her of such a thing. It all leads to the sentence being more of a reassurance than a question. Personal take: I can confirm that in the VN this form of speech (question, right?) was used occasionally, with the answer not necessarily being given, because it was a granted one. Example:  "As long as it's edible, right?" This sentence uttered by Ryohei was never answered, mainly because the answer is in of itself inside Ryohei's presumed question. The lake scene itself is also way too similar to that of the VN. In the VN, they almost drown, are saved, they confess their love, they have sex. In the anime, the scene is almost the exact same, minus the runtime and shorter dialogue due to episode time constraints, and, unlike in the VN, the sex scene isn't explicitly show (I'm glad they cut it out), but is outright hinted to have happened when they are hugging each other half naked (another riminder they still have their bodies). End of the personal take.

As a finale, I'll address the plot holes left by either take on the ending.

Plot holes of them living:
-the bunny
and that's it. No, seriously, just a bunny. And only if we consider it's most popular interpretation, that it is related to their death, since other interpretations were given. You know that personally I think it was an editor's mistake for the reasons I mentioned before, but for fairness I won't consider it as such, since it would pretty much take down the whole death theory (and what fun would that be?)
The fact that only Haru and Sora are ever seen together after the lake scene, without having interacted with anyone, might have been a plot hole hadn't it been for the fact that the same happened in the VN: not showing them interact with anyone doesn't mean they did not. In fact, their friends' reactions would suggest otherwise.

Plot holes left if we consider them dead:

-the lake scene:if it wasn't legit then what was it? Afterlife, Rebirth, hallucination and recreated reality are out of the picture. What else could it be if not them surviving?

-who found the bodies: definitely not Akira, I can tell you that much. And she was perhaps the only who could've done so. Then who did? Were there maybe no bodies to find in the first place?

-Nao's reactions and dialogue: they speak for themselves, it is strongly hinted through her dialogue that she knows them to be alive. 'The fight for Haru has just begun'. Except it hasn't, cuz he's dead?

-the futon in the house: did the blanket and cushions magically move or did someone just decide to sleep there after almost dying? You cannot prove Goldilocks inhabits this universe.

-the fact that no one was searching for them before the text: what, did they just give up and think 'ah, they're probably fine'? Especially true in Nao's case.

-the text being not only real and legitimately a normal email, but it also being detailed and similar to that of the VN: both texts (or all 3 if we consider the manga) did mention an acquaintance of their parents: the artisan. Quite the coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

-the train scene: between the fact they still have physical bodies, have changed clothes, are eating Pochi and even have a suitcase with them, I don't know what's worse. Probably the suitcase, since they wouldn't need it if they were going to heaven. Oh, and the clothes and suitcase are the same of when they left the town (alive), in the VN. What are the odds?!

-Haruka's dialogue: a bit of a nitpick, but what would the point of his speech to Sora be. 'I don't care what others think', 'let's search for a path together'. Except it doesn't matter anymore, you're dead?
-Sora's one line: 'I thought I had lost you!' Implying like in the other adaptations, that despite having saved him, she thought she might have been too late already.

-The twin's relatives: they were coming to get them, as Haruka had confirmed to them before Sora disappeared. What would've happened to them had the twins actually died.

Final verdict: Haru and Sora are alive.

The end. Case closed. Sorry, I just felt like saying that.

Overall, a straightforward ending. And an expected one at that. I know I could've just jumped straight to the lake scene explanation and solved everything there, since it basically proves them to be alive, but where would've the fun in that be? The long road is sometimes the funnest one...kudos again to Lekkain and Saturos-001 for finding all the proof. Without them, a general debunking of the theory would've been impossible.

Great explanation, I am convinced that they are indeed alive.
Aug 3, 2022 2:59 AM
Mar 2022
It was a bad final episode. I don't see why everyone loved this show. Unlikable characters 5/10
Jan 21, 2023 6:50 AM
May 2021
Absolutely masterpiece!
Jan 28, 2023 6:48 PM
Jan 2018
that was a happy ending
Feb 4, 2023 4:24 AM
Aug 2020
Well ik this anime have kinda wrong ending, but overall its kinda nice to see anime where there is actually sex with his harem(well different routes) and there is romance progression among all heroines that lead to that, its not worst but at least we got more than romance here unlike waiting 20+ep for maybe "holding hands"

7/10 cuz of that ending that was a bit to much tho im glad they get on better *terms"
Mar 6, 2023 3:41 AM

Dec 2022
anikevin said:
that score is an insult to be honest
one of the best omnibus format drama anime out there. I know people despise incest, but it shouldn't affect the score this much.

Never underestimate the ability of petty people to vote bomb anime they likely haven't even watched, based on nothing more than that the premise/themes aren't to their liking. I suppose it does serve as a reminder of why trusting user ratings on any website isn't the best idea.
Archean-ReturnMar 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Shaded Horizon

Mar 15, 2023 2:45 AM
Jan 2021
Incest is good!!!!!
Apr 6, 2023 1:20 PM
Apr 2021
too much ecchi for me
Apr 8, 2023 6:04 AM
Mar 2016
Absolute masterpiece in my book. Well maybe that's a little strong, there are a few flaws here and there. Easy 10/10 either way. Different stories have different levels of extracurricular activities that will feel appropriate, and different people will have different levels they generally prefer.

This anime knows what it is, and it goes for it. I appreciate the straightforwardness. I also think it's refreshing to see the protag go for one girl at a time in different routes, instead of being wishy-washy and flirting with all of them. I liked all of the girls and all of the routes. Sora was obviously the best. Nao was easily the worst.

It's a shame the OTP had to get out of Dodge. Wish people could have minded their own business. Also the fact that Nao raped Haru while Sora watched is pretty nuts. Really explains why he's so obsessed with sex. Even without that, I would have liked Nao the least. With it, it just doesn't feel right for the canon ending.

I loved how spicy this was. I really wish it was longer. I wouldn't have minded 12 more episodes tacked onto Sora's route. Best girl. Imoutos need their Onii-chans after all.

P.S. How did Nao get so scuffed entering the burning bus stop? It took her a long time to essentially take two steps. It was at most the width of a bike lol.
Apr 24, 2023 2:09 AM
Apr 2023
O anime é interessante por explorar todas as rotas do personagem inclusive a mais polemica que é o da Sora.
Jun 20, 2023 12:01 AM

May 2017
I mean I suppose the ending was kind of wholesome, in a bizarre Alabama way. Way too much drama though. I was almost expecting a School Days-tier ending to happen. 

A candy store oneesan arc would have been nice too, but unfortunately we didn't get it :(

5/10
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Oct 4, 2010

413 by CastledSmile51 »»
May 19, 1:15 AM

» Yosuga no Sora is greatly underestimated and I will prove it(The article contains a complete analysis of anime).

_User_ - Dec 29, 2021

34 by Zarutaku »»
May 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by somniumnaut »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Hickykissy - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.