Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 25, 2019 7:34 PM

May 2013
Greyleaf said:
Ussesa said:
umm, if you just want pure romance then maybe https://myanimelist.net/anime/16782/Kotonoha_no_Niwa.

i prefer romcoms like Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Hiyokoi.

The Garden of Words isn't even a romance..

This is from a comment I left a couple years ago on a different forum:

:O oh i hadn't thought about it that way. granted i also watched it quite a while ago so i dont really remember much of the story line x).
Feb 25, 2019 9:16 PM

Jan 2018
Ussesa said:
Greyleaf said:

:O oh i hadn't thought about it that way. granted i also watched it quite a while ago so i dont really remember much of the story line x).

No worries! Sorry if I came across rude; it's definitely a common misunderstanding. It's been one of my favorites for a while, mostly for the subtleties it presents. So naturally it irks me a little when I see it constantly categorized as a romance. xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 25, 2019 9:59 PM

Jun 2015
huh ppl talkin romance animes and no ones said ore monogatari yet, well least the 1st page............... good job mal.
Feb 25, 2019 10:15 PM
Jan 2017
Check out ReLIFE. One of my favorites when it comes to romance.

I recommend reading the manga as Kanketsu-hen skipped some stuffs and imo the manga ending was better overall. The manga is colorful so it's very easy to get into.
Feb 26, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2013
Greyleaf said:
Ussesa said:

No worries! Sorry if I came across rude; it's definitely a common misunderstanding. It's been one of my favorites for a while, mostly for the subtleties it presents. So naturally it irks me a little when I see it constantly categorized as a romance. xD

Haha no worries! I totally understand. I also wouldn't like it if one of my favourite anime was misinterpreted. I think I will watch kotonoha again now that I know what to look out for :).
Feb 27, 2019 3:34 AM

May 2013
MadHobbit2 said:
Tsukigakirei is quite good IMO, if you just want a pure romance anime. It's a wholesome story if there ever was one.

I agree. The best of its kind. Kimi No Na Wa is really good too.

Mar 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Dec 2011
lekuchi said:
I just finished Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You) and thats probably the best romance anime I've seen so far. Highly recommend even if you don't like yuri anime.

Thank you dude, I found a beautiful and amazing love story and that's something ^^
Mar 11, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2019
Akiraa-kun said:
lekuchi said:
I just finished Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You) and thats probably the best romance anime I've seen so far. Highly recommend even if you don't like yuri anime.

Thank you dude, I found a beautiful and amazing love story and that's something ^^

Haha no problem. Make sure to read the manga for the continuation once you’re finished with the show.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 11, 2019 9:57 PM

Apr 2015
A bird told me about a particular anime that puts most romance shows in shame:

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Mar 11, 2019 10:14 PM

Jan 2019
Mastergold said:
A bird told me about a particular anime that puts most romance shows in shame:

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Simply the best :P

You may dream masshiro na koi wa tsubasa ni naru
Tenshi no yubikiri kanau you ni

Me no mae wo sugiru yokogao tokimeki ga odori hajimeru
Hanasu koe mimi wo katamuke mata hitotsu anata wo shitta

Honnosukoshi yuuki dashite sono hitomi wo mitsumetai

YOU MAY DREAM masshiro na koi wa tsubasa ni naru
Tenshi no yubikiri kanau you ni
Oct 22, 2019 10:35 PM
Jul 2017
lekuchi said:
Tatiana04 said:
I would say Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride) or Toradora

I tried watching the first 11 episodes of Toradora and sadly didn't get that into it.

Toradora is definitely a slow burn. You should pick it back up, the payoff makes it all worth it.
Oct 22, 2019 11:02 PM
Jul 2017
noahveness said:
i am going to recommend a few under the romance genre, you're asking for the best so don't expect me to leave out the heavy hitters that most of you have probably seen

[not in rated order]
1. Toradora!
2. Plastic Memories
3. Clannad After Story
4. Kimi no Na wa.
5. Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
6. ReLIFE + OVA
7. Kotonoha no Niwa
8. Hotarubi no Mori e
9. Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
10. A Silent Voice

Toradora at no.1 is the way to go. You real for that one. Kimi no na wa gotta be lower down the list tho. If we are being honest no one watches that movie for the romance, but for the art.
Oct 22, 2019 11:16 PM

Feb 2019
Tsurezure Childre a relatively short series portraying a number of couples and their relationship.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 22, 2019 11:25 PM

Jul 2014
Its either Boku no Pico or School days, ya'll should try it heh.
Joking aside, Your Name is the only romcom that made me feel more emotions than any seasonal anime have had in their whole 12-24 eps run.
Oct 23, 2019 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
i know no one likes it because of how takeo looks (which.. really prove's the shows point lol) but ore monogatari is so so good. the basic plot of "even 'ugly' people can be in relationships" is my favourite thing, its so sweet and has such like a normal slice of life plot, with takeo showing how he deals with people thinking he shouldnt be with yamato because of how he looks but yamato see's him as more than his looks. idk, its one of my favourites bc of its sweet story and i think more people should try it
Oct 23, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2019
I've recently watched a few good rom coms like My Bride Is A Mermaid & DearS ,which I quite enjoyed, light hearted but still with decent romantic plots and fulfilling ending.

Snow White With The Red Hair is an ok shoujo anime for romance, really beautiful artwork as well. Another one that peaked my interest was Plastic Memories, it had everything squeezed into a short form and a sad/happy ending.
Oct 23, 2019 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
Yagate Kimi ni Naru is a awesome Yuri

I also like Candy boy Strawberry Panic Sakura Trick Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl and more =) Yuri is life! Yuri is the purest form of love!!

Oct 23, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2017
Kare Kano, I don't know what else to say about it besides just watch it already

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Oct 23, 2019 9:15 AM
Jul 2017
Greyleaf said:
Ussesa said:
umm, if you just want pure romance then maybe https://myanimelist.net/anime/16782/Kotonoha_no_Niwa.

i prefer romcoms like Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Hiyokoi.

Um I won't say that you are wrong because you aren't and have put it quite aptly but I just wanted to say that romance doesn't necessarily have to be like between Gf and bf type. Like even loving nature is a romance. Something along that line, not exactly.
Just you know, had a good English class today.......
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Oct 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2018
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Greyleaf said:

Um I won't say that you are wrong because you aren't and have put it quite aptly but I just wanted to say that romance doesn't necessarily have to be like between Gf and bf type. Like even loving nature is a romance. Something along that line, not exactly.
Just you know, had a good English class today.......

I can see what you mean there, and going by the textbook definition of the word, you're indeed correct. It's just that when I hear the word "romance" used to refer to an anime (especially in the context of being recommended as a pure romance), Kotonoha no Niwa is one of the last things that comes to mind for me. I guess you could call it a friend-romance or something, lol xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 23, 2019 12:09 PM

Nov 2017
My favorites would be Bloom Into You, Toradora, Oregairu, Kimi no Na wa, Golden Time, Seishun Bunny Girl, Senryuu Shoujo

plz @ me
Oct 23, 2019 12:10 PM
Apr 2017
Off the top of my head, kokoro connect and tsuki ga kirei. The monogatari series also has plenty of good romance but it's not exactly "normal" and there's a lot of other stuff in between. Romance is one of many elements, not the central one by any stretch.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Oct 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
Bakuman. is the romance everyone needs
Oct 23, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2015
Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma. best romance for me and Ore Monogatari!! also good

Oct 23, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
Best romance anime are: Clannad: After Story, Tamako Love Story, Chuunibyou Take On Me!, Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, Hotarubi no Mori e, Cross Game and Eureka Seven.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 23, 2019 12:58 PM
Feb 2018
Deknijff said:
the correct answer is always Shana to be honest

https://myanimelist.net/anime/355/Shakugan_no_Shana

If not much trouble can you please answer some of my question regarding this series...

Was this series completely adapted?? Are the endings of LN and anime same?
Oct 23, 2019 2:13 PM

Jun 2019
Koi Kaze
Inuyasha (the show is also heavily other things, like adventure and fantasy, but romance is a substantial part of it)
Beatless
Elfen Lied
Aku no Hana
Fruits Basket

My favorite by far are typically transgressive romance stories though involving something being different, tragic, or alienating/isolating with one or both of the characters in the relationship, like incest, cross-species (be it a humanoid species like a mutant or vampire or an android), or coming from a different time period/radically different culture or social class or upbringing or ideology, or age gap.

So I'm not really interested in a good 95% of the romance stories seemingly out there about more plain Jane vanilla MCs.

Oct 23, 2019 6:42 PM
Dec 2018
Spice&Wolf - It's on the top of the romance genre for over a decade for a reason. It's currently still the best show/novel in the genre.

Maid sama - One of the few shoujo which are fun to watch and with likeable characters for both mcs

RE:Life as mentioned before it is a good watch and even better read.
Oct 23, 2019 6:51 PM

Nov 2008
A_silent_Being said:
Deknijff said:
the correct answer is always Shana to be honest

https://myanimelist.net/anime/355/Shakugan_no_Shana

If not much trouble can you please answer some of my question regarding this series...

I can answer this:

Yes and yes, for the most part. And I'm still kinda pissed about it....it just went in a direction I didn't like very much.

Oct 24, 2019 2:49 AM
May 2018

I'd suggest Ao Haru ride and Ore Monogatari for progressive story, Takagi-san for episodic series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2019
My top 5 romance animes are probably:

- Given
- Toradora!
- Ao Haru Ride
- Ore Monogatari!! (kind of straddles the line between romance and rom-com)
- Lovely★Complex

Honorable mention for Akatsuki no Yona which has god tier UST.
Oct 24, 2019 12:15 PM
Feb 2018
Chiibi said:
A_silent_Being said:

I can answer this:

Yes and yes, for the most part. And I'm still kinda pissed about it....it just went in a direction I didn't like very much.

Thanks
I watched first series a long time ago and recently thought of starting it again but because of rumors of a bad ending, i kept avoiding it.
Guess its time i face that ending.
Oct 24, 2019 12:50 PM
Oct 25, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Oct 25, 2019 12:21 PM
Feb 2018

But show ended just when things were starting to brew stronger.
Oct 25, 2019 1:03 PM
Oct 2019
A_silent_Being said:

But show ended just when things were starting to brew stronger.

One of my favorite things about the series, it ended beautifully for me and while it's been years since I've seen I recall it handling romance without a single shred of contact/kiss etc. Highly recommended.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime with Dystopian setting

Schlecka - Jun 2

5 by bellingsince05 »»
5 hours ago

» anime similar to demon slayer

dollgender - Yesterday

7 by JoeChip »»
6 hours ago

» recommend me anime different from what i like or hidden gems of any genre

1darling - Jun 4

12 by H_Castaigne »»
9 hours ago

» "Ashita No Joe" or "Hajime no Ippo"

Inter_anime - Jun 4

5 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Yesterday, 11:50 PM

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

35 by Donkunsan »»
Yesterday, 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.