Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »
Oct 3, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2007
LittleGao said:
CookingPriest said:
It would be more obvious if they actually adapted scenes of Shirou teasing Rin instead of turning him to a doormat.
But they adapted that scene where Shirou tells Lancer to stay away from Rin

Which feels strange after 15 episodes of Shirou being clueless and passive about Rin, to the point that most people just attributed that scene to "meh shirou's stupid"
Even the graveyard confession felt out of place(which was also edited to remove the teasing and instead just had him blabber about how great Rin is).
Oct 4, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2010
The Emiya OST kicked in. It has actually been over a year since I've heard the piece. As such, it has also been over year since I've considered myself a Type-MOON fan, let alone a Fate fan. Well, for this moment, I'll try to be that.
Oct 4, 2015 6:45 PM

Mar 2015
Shocked said:
The Emiya OST kicked in. It has actually been over a year since I've heard the piece. As such, it has also been over year since I've considered myself a Type-MOON fan, let alone a Fate fan. Well, for this moment, I'll try to be that.

If I'm not prying too much, what made you stop being a fan anyway? The fanbase ?
Oct 4, 2015 7:11 PM

Jan 2010
MightyM16 said:
Shocked said:

If I'm not prying too much, what made you stop being a fan anyway? The fanbase ?

Nah, it's just been so long since I've touched anything related to Type-Moon, so I haven't really thought much of it.
Oct 5, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2015
CookingPriest said:
Anny555 said:

As for the appearance I realize you can look different when you get older but they don't look even remotely alike.

My brain can't handle this stuff.

First of all there's no grandfather paradox. Parallel worlds make it impossible.

Archer looks just like Shirou, just incredibly angry(since he is kind of insane), tanned and with gray hair.

Maloghurst said:
shirou also doesnt tend to have that shit eating grin that archer has. body language etc etc.

He does tho?

It would be more obvious if they actually adapted scenes of Shirou teasing Rin instead of turning him to a doormat.

Oh there are alternate timelines or something? Eh whatever.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 5, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
Anny555 said:

yes..yes there are it's a plot point that comes up as well as multiple stories couldnt take place on the same timeline....
Oct 5, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2015
Maloghurst said:
Anny555 said:

yes..yes there are it's a plot point that comes up as well as multiple stories couldnt take place on the same timeline....

Either my subtitles sucked or I have a really selective memory.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 5, 2015 6:57 PM

May 2014
Anny555 said:
Maloghurst said:

Neither, I'm pretty sure the viewers in Japan were supposed to know that UBW was only one of the three main timelines so the anime didn't say anything about it
Also, the thing about multiple stories not being able to take place in the same timeline is only alluded to in Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai, which take place in the same universe as FSN
Oct 5, 2015 8:05 PM

Sep 2014
Anny555 said:
Maloghurst said:

ya know what. dont worry about it too much since you're anime only. the UBW anime didnt really deliver too much on the world building of the nasuverse/TYPE-moon so some things might end up frying your brain when something gets refrenced.....with that being said you should watch Kara no Kyokai

though i must remind you the thing about the time space axis that was explained in the anime tells you how a servant from the future got summoned. the multiverse thing in UBW makes things very very simplified.
MaloghurstOct 5, 2015 8:27 PM
Oct 5, 2015 8:57 PM

Sep 2014
LittleGao said:
Anny555 said:

Neither, I'm pretty sure the viewers in Japan were supposed to know that UBW was only one of the three main timelines so the anime didn't say anything about it
Also, the thing about multiple stories not being able to take place in the same timeline is only alluded to in Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai, which take place in the same universe as FSN
the viewers in japan got the fate route for free....it's hard being a TM fan outside of JP.
he main thing between tsukihime and KnK is that no 2 ppl can have death perception in the same timeline Tsugi no sango dont happen in the same time as Notes. for obvious reasons. Fate/Extra is a whole diff can of worms as well as F/GO as i recall. there is also things such as F/A

for the most part the ppl in japan have far better acces to content. but there are still plenty of lost idiots out there...there are stil bitching and crying that Shirou didnt hook up with saber in ubw......
Oct 5, 2015 11:50 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
Anny555 said:

ya know what. dont worry about it too much since you're anime only. the UBW anime didnt really deliver too much on the world building of the nasuverse/TYPE-moon so some things might end up frying your brain when something gets refrenced.....with that being said you should watch Kara no Kyokai

though i must remind you the thing about the time space axis that was explained in the anime tells you how a servant from the future got summoned. the multiverse thing in UBW makes things very very simplified.

Yeah. Shirou was supposed to do a small recap about how throne of heroes works(its bigger in fate), which kind of hints at the idea of parallel universes.

Knowledge that there's more than one timeline is important to understanding Archer though, as well as the fact that Archer is not the future of this Shirou.
Nov 5, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
That punch :D But why did he have to die. He was such a bro (╥﹏╥)

Archer being Emiya himself was a nice twist. I wonder how Emiya's gonna keep up with Archer in fight. Heard that these last episodes have a ton of action. Really looking forward to more of the amazing ufotable quality animation :)
Nov 5, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Ando- said:
That punch :D But why did he have to die. He was such a bro (╥﹏╥)

Archer being Emiya himself was a nice twist. I wonder how Emiya's gonna keep up with Archer in fight. Heard that these last episodes have a ton of action. Really looking forward to more of the amazing ufotable quality animation :)
just remember that archer is masterless and had just used UBW. servants with low mana are considerably weakened especialy one without a master. Archer at this point is pushing around 10% of his max strength.
Dec 5, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
Sad that Archer was killed for helping people. ;_;
Apr 17, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2015
No!! CuBro!! Your death will be avenged!
Oh right, Tokiomi... yours too...

Good thing Arched decided to explain a little bit better his predicament and the Counter Guardian stuff. I'm glad I could grasp things from the past episode and I actually was kinda in the right track.

Emmm, Saber...don't you sense that your master is in danger? Why don't you go save Rin? You can go back and watch the Emiya showdown later jaja
Apr 18, 2016 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

Good thing Arched decided to explain a little bit better his predicament and the Counter Guardian stuff. I'm glad I could grasp things from the past episode and I actually was kinda in the right track.

While the anime portrays it as some sort of" going around picking off badguys with a bow" that's not how it works.

A counter guardian does not separate things into good or evil. If there's a conflict that threatens the wellbeing of human race, Counter Guardians are sent to erase everything, like a nuke. Good, bad, innocent, guilty, adults, children - does not matter. Counter Guardians are empowered with enough power to destroy entire nations within seconds, leaving no trace of them even existing. Its the equivalent of combating a finger gangrene by cutting off an entire arm by the shoulder. They have no free will to chose their targets or spare someone. And they certainly don't go around shooting arrows at people - Counter Guardian appearing somewhere usually spells doom for literally everything in few thousand mile radius. What's more, A Counter Guardian is not necessarily a prevention mechanism - its a response to mitigate damage. So they only appear AFTER the disaster strikes and the conflict already spreads.
Being forced to massacre millions(most of whom usually dont even have anything to do with what happened and just were in vicinity) and only appearing after the tragedy(thus being unable to stop it) is essentially what drove Archer insane.

Emmm, Saber...don't you sense that your master is in danger? Why don't you go save Rin? You can go back and watch the Emiya showdown later jaja

They can't exactly sense that. Especially since Saber is not a fullblown servant.
And she is far more interested in resolution of the fight, and thus her own conflict, than anything else. She is content in trusting Lancer to do his job and even if he fails, Saber is not beyond sacrificing others to achieve her goals.
AhenshihaelApr 18, 2016 2:11 AM
Apr 18, 2016 10:58 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

While the anime portrays it as some sort of" going around picking off badguys with a bow" that's not how it works.

A counter guardian does not separate things into good or evil. If there's a conflict that threatens the wellbeing of human race, Counter Guardians are sent to erase everything, like a nuke. Good, bad, innocent, guilty, adults, children - does not matter. Counter Guardians are empowered with enough power to destroy entire nations within seconds, leaving no trace of them even existing. Its the equivalent of combating a finger gangrene by cutting off an entire arm by the shoulder. They have no free will to chose their targets or spare someone. And they certainly don't go around shooting arrows at people - Counter Guardian appearing somewhere usually spells doom for literally everything in few thousand mile radius. What's more, A Counter Guardian is not necessarily a prevention mechanism - its a response to mitigate damage. So they only appear AFTER the disaster strikes and the conflict already spreads.
Being forced to massacre millions(most of whom usually dont even have anything to do with what happened and just were in vicinity) and only appearing after the tragedy(thus being unable to stop it) is essentially what drove Archer insane.

Oh, that's interesting. Makes more sense than how the anime made it look. Still, it would drive anyone insane.

Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

They can't exactly sense that. Especially since Saber is not a fullblown servant.
And she is far more interested in resolution of the fight, and thus her own conflict, than anything else. She is content in trusting Lancer to do his job and even if he fails, Saber is not beyond sacrificing others to achieve her goals.

Yeah, but that was just sarcastic xD I was not being serios about it.
Apr 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

Oh, that's interesting. Makes more sense than how the anime made it look. Still, it would drive anyone insane.

Well its worse for ARcher since he took the deal thinking he will be able to gain power to actually fulfill his ideals and even keep fulfilling them after death. Archer never went through actually thinking about what his ideal means beyond what prologue Shirou thought about them.

For someone whose whole existence depends on putting everything else above himself, such existence is extremely maddening. To the point that he is willing to put everyone at risk just to kill this Shirou even if:
- this shirou is already walking a different path, looking as his ideals differently than Archer did(hence why Shirou says "then we are two entirely different people" to him at the start of the fight) and has no interest in going to the lengths Archer did in his past.
- it won't solve anything since even if he somehow erased every single shirou in existence, his self that accepted the deal would still remain since guardians are saved in throne of heroes which exists outside normal reality.

Alas anime does not exactly do good job portraying his madness and desperation(Archer is supposed to have quite a few moodswings - shouting in anger, breaking out into laughter, etc - ever since the start of confrontation with Shirou and Saber) - Answer is more about Shirou trying to convince Archer that his life was worth living, than the other way around. Then again Archer is not supposed to tell that much as Shirou is supposed to experience parts of archer's past as they fight(as he hears each line of Archer's chant in his head - Archer is not even supposed to cast his ubw here as he should not be even capable of it right now and Shirou would die in seconds from it- which would defeat the purpose of trying to break him) and most of talking is just them thinking to themselves, beyond some dialogue trying to convince each other - the VN actually switches perspectives displaying same scene in the fight from Archer's and from Shirou's point of view to do that.
AhenshihaelApr 18, 2016 12:13 PM
Apr 18, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Again semantics. Your use of word path is inaccurate. Your "Path" is the meaning, while the real use of word path is "meanst o reach something". And ubw shirou is absolutely not walking the same path. That's fate route. And neither Fate Shirou nor Archer would make the decisions UBW Shirou does nor approach them in the same way.

Either way this is the wrong thread to discuss that and I have no interest in arguing semantics in the first place.
AhenshihaelApr 18, 2016 2:38 PM
May 23, 2016 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Shinji deserved that punch so much. lol

Good seeing old man Tohsaka again, but you know... :D

Z Kirei. Nice seeing you again.

I want to say "NO! Not Lancer!", but I laughed instead.

Unmei no hi! ~Tamashii tai Tamashii~ MC vs MC(No. Tamashii does not mean MC.)
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 10, 2016 11:23 AM
Aug 2014
Damn i totally didnt see that reveal coming. I totally love the idea of Archer being Emiya

Was this revealed in the saber route, so in the original FSN show as well? I watched that years ago, but if it was i 100% forgot.

astroprogs said:
Anny555 said:

As for the appearance I realize you can look different when you get older but they don't look even remotely alike.

They actually do. The tan and the haircut are just throwing you off.

Yeah, in one shot they show them in profile facing each other(clever if i think about it now). I think then they really looked very alike. Dont get how i didnt notice that until now.

Well, but isnt it kinda true? I think im missing the point here as well.
deleted_User2Jul 10, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 10, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2010
leNerd said:
Damn i totally didnt see that reveal coming. I totally love the idea of Archer being Emiya

Was this revealed in the saber route, so in the original FSN show as well? I watched that years ago, but if it was i 100% forgot.

It was heavily hinted at, but nothing was explicitly revealed.

leNerd said:

Well, but isnt it kinda true? I think im missing the point here as well.

Due to the nature of the Nasuverse (the multi-universe Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai share) and the Throne of Heroes, Archer is just one possible outcome for Shirou, not an inevitable one. Just because one Shirou chose a path and reached a destination, doesn't mean that every Shirou in every other timeline would do the same.

In short, Archer isn't the future version of Shirou. He's the future version of a Shirou who came to curse his ideals and regretted following them. How UBW's Shirou ends up is still in the air and completely dependant on how he decides to live his life from now on.
astroprogsJul 10, 2016 11:58 AM
Jul 10, 2016 11:57 AM
Aug 2014
astroprogs said:

Due to the nature of the Nasuverse (the multi-universe Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai share), Archer is just one possible outcome for Shirou, not an inevitable one. Just because one Shirou chose a path and reached a destination, doesn't mean that every Shirou in every other timeline would do the same.

In short, Archer isn't the future version of Shirou. He's the future version of a Shirou who came to curse his ideals and regretted following them. How UBW's Shirou ends up is still in the air and completely dependant on how he decides to live his life from now on.

Thanks alot for the explanation, i think now i get it.
Damn once my exams are over i need to take the time to finally read the VN
Jul 10, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
leNerd said:
astroprogs said:

Due to the nature of the Nasuverse (the multi-universe Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai share), Archer is just one possible outcome for Shirou, not an inevitable one. Just because one Shirou chose a path and reached a destination, doesn't mean that every Shirou in every other timeline would do the same.

Thanks alot for the explanation, i think now i get it.
Damn once my exams are over i need to take the time to finally read the VN

Any time :)

The VN is a long piece, but truly worth every minute, especially once you reach the Heaven's Feel route. I hope you enjoy it :)
Jul 26, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
Poor Lansjer... What interest had his Master of killing him? Is he going to find another Servant, or something?

Wow, fight between Shiro and Archer xD
Jul 28, 2016 8:06 AM

Dec 2015
Payper said:
What interest had his Master of killing him? Is he going to find another Servant, or something?

He simply didn't need anymore a disobeying Servant.
Jul 28, 2016 10:45 PM

Sep 2014
Payper said:
Poor Lansjer... What interest had his Master of killing him? Is he going to find another Servant, or something?

Wow, fight between Shiro and Archer xD
he didnt need a disobedient servant anymore and at this point he's already won.
Rider= dead
Caster=dead
Assassin=is to be considered dead after losing his master who is caster
Berserker=dead
Archer= masterless and almost out of mana. he's already dead and is just hanging on through independant action and willpower
Lancer=now dead

which leaves Saber. you only need 6 servants to be able to use the grail.
Nov 1, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2010
This is so fucking paradoxical that it hurts to even think of a decent outcome that won't piss me off.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 17, 2016 12:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
episode of the revelations!!!
Possible is the best episode of the series, that i can watched!!!
Jan 26, 2017 5:13 AM

Dec 2016
Oh Lancer Deja vu :'(
Mar 16, 2017 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
JonathaIN said:
so this hero is him from the future.. so da fk why would he choose to fight with bullshit medieval weapons like old ass swords and bows and arrows? it's not like he lived in that era.

I couldnt believe Emiya was Archer because of the weapons he used but I guess it's just convenient and retarded

Lol being a hero from the future does not automatically make you someone who uses highly-advanced guns and nuclear weapons used in warfare. You need to have a history of the tools you have used in the past and Shirou has never wielded a gun or any modern weaponry.
Dull_LullMar 22, 2017 11:25 AM
Mar 27, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Lancer always gets them shitty masters, doesn't he? And there goes the best male character :/
Not really a fan of this future Shirou stuff.
May 15, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
It was satisfying seeing Shinji being punched.

But damn. Lancer being forced to kill himself was too much. It’s always the Lancers that have the most painfull death. It was nice seeing Kirei though.

May 29, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Finally confirms that Archer is Shirou from the future. Even showed how he was transported all over the world to clean up for humanity's mistakes.

Damn, didn't know Lancer's master is Kirei. So finally he admits to Rin about what happened to her father. I kinda forgot how much of a fucking snake Kirei is. Goddamn that bastard.

WTF, Lancer dying like that, reminds me what happened to the other Lancer in Zero. Man he can't die like that!?!?! :(

Next episode, Archer vs Shirou. I love how they even played Shirou's theme towards the end before the preview!
Jun 16, 2017 2:38 AM
Dec 2012
Shinji pathetic as usual lmao. RIP Lancers of nasuverse.
Jul 10, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
Thank you Lancer for punching Shinji like that. Poor Rin, and poor Lancer :/ Really hope Shinji doesn't get his hands on her. Excited to see Archer vs Shirou, though I still think they'll both live and team up to beat Kirei and Gilgamesh
Aug 23, 2017 8:34 PM
Jul 2017
Wow amazing-tacular! Best episode yet, it feels like fate/zero and I'm frickin so excited to see what happens next. I also so happy that this show is good
Oct 3, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
Lancer: Sorry about that I meant to say stop but I punched you instead.
Me: Lol wtf?

in hes place i would have done the same & then said same sarcastic joke XD
Oct 14, 2017 3:10 AM

May 2016
Wow that was so epic I had some vague ideas about Archer but it became TRUE Shiro is Archer but with regrets.
Sep 17, 2018 2:18 AM

Sep 2014
So more of a dramatic/serious moment EP. Backstories and revelations, all them important bits

Aannd another one! Which, btw, was underwhelming on how they finished him off..
#RIPLancer

Self vs. self next!
Feb 2, 2019 3:56 PM
Sep 2009
Someone just shoot off Shirou already. "I'll never regret anything", idiot. You clearly already have if Archer exists and you are only like what? 17? Just wait until real shit hits you in 10 years time.

And Saber please stop wasting your time on this boring human and go and actually protect your master.
Mar 24, 2019 9:37 AM
Aug 2018
Turns out the overseer participated in the war aswell, huh? I didn't even imagine this would be possible. Although it was suspicious that Lancer was around the church so many times.
I thought he was a weak joke of an overseer, but in the end he was a cunning villain.
He killed Toosakas father and used her in a 10 year spanning plan to win the grail?
And then he even manipulated Shinji. Not bad.
tr25a3Mar 24, 2019 9:41 AM
May 8, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2014
Shinji is what happens when you leave Araragi to long alone with Ougi.

Did Lancer commit suicide in his past life so its like fate? lol
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 17, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2018
In the end future Shirou will end up as Kiritsugu.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, Lancer is dead.

That punch lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2019 2:50 AM

Dec 2014
Damn did not expect lancer to die like that... that means only three servants are left including the right one...don't know whether assassin is around or not though
Nov 5, 2019 10:51 PM
May 2015
Can Emiya just die already? He is so annoying, everytime he about to die someone save him
And yet Rin is just so dumb, she about to die and didn't summon Saber
Meanwhile Saber is watching her boy friends fighting each other haha.
Fate/Stay Night is just hot garbage, everyone just play around and not serious. That just made Fate/Zero more awesome, all the master fight the shit out of it.
Feb 9, 2020 5:55 PM
Sep 2019
Well well well
I somehow had spoiled myself about Shirou's future, so Archer's identity didn't come as a full surprise, but I can imagine if I had been totally ignorant about it, that would have been an effective plot twist.
Very satisfied about Kirei revealing about the death of Rin's father - I just love references to FZ - still poor Rin!
And Lancer... not again!
IlasmaFeb 10, 2020 3:08 AM
Feb 15, 2020 8:39 PM

Apr 2009
Fate Stay Night : Unlimited Talk Works
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2020 10:07 AM

Apr 2019
oh god i LOVE minute 6:30. Best animated scene of the episode.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.