Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2017 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
DatRandomDude said:
''Nogizaka46 Award (Monthly Newtype Joint Special Award)
Thank you for the reminder, I guess we forgot about this special award. I've added it to the list.
salman7 said:
Where is re creators
Not going to quote them, but it is on few sections of the ranking.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2017 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
Idk what japanese people see in SAO that I don't.

No characters, no story, no plot.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 7, 2017 11:55 PM

Feb 2010
No Made in Abyss, no credibility for this list.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 7, 2017 11:55 PM
Feb 2016
If you're not satisfied with the results, why didn't you join the vote, to get your favorite win the award -_-

Btw cheers for umechan for winning best male seiyuu~ you deserve it ume~
Oct 8, 2017 12:39 AM

Apr 2017
Fair.. Enough..

Such peasant like them Lack of decent taste...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 8, 2017 12:55 AM

Apr 2016
Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale
Best Film
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Soundtrack
NICE
But i think Re:CREATORS should be 2nd at the best soundtrack
Also why is Selesia in the list?? Altair should be there :(

Oct 8, 2017 1:01 AM

Sep 2017
This is cancer. What's so special in sao anyway? Sigh.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 8, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2016
keragamming said:
how did Levi make the top 5 best character when he had like 5 minutes screen time in the whole of s2? Goes to show you how popular he really is.

No doubt he is going to probably top the list next year, since he will have a bigger role in s3.

it reminds me of those electronic music producers and djs that get in the DJ Mag top 100 even if they didn´t do anything relevant during a certain period, like Daft Punk before RAM. Some series/people get elected simply because of all the things that happened in previews years, but voters don´t take in mind the present.
:v
Oct 8, 2017 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
Kemono Friends made it~!
Top 10 Anime, character, seiyuu (Ozaki Yuka), OST, Opening theme, Director (Tatsuki) and Anime Studio (Yaoyorozu)!

See that Kadokawa... #NoTatsukiNoTanoshii
IZUMI64Oct 8, 2017 1:43 AM
Oct 8, 2017 3:32 AM

Jun 2016
Besides Hiroshi Kamiya, Levi, Miyukichi, SnK being in the list, the rest is shit. Where the fuck is Made In Abyss? Where's Best Director award for Araki-san? At least Miyukichi beat Hanazawa because getting tired and so annoyed of her for months now.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 8, 2017 3:34 AM

Mar 2017
Really interesting and some of my favourites even won. That's great! -cry-
Oct 8, 2017 3:37 AM
Sep 2013
Bourmegar said:
It pains me to see Rakugo Shinju not being on the list, AGAIN.
it pains me that no one here mentionned that, AGAIN.

But what surprised me the most is that Boku no Hero did not even get a mention on that list. (Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the series but it was pretty popular here).

Ow and no Spot for Morgana? (P5 the daybreakers).

But then again this is japan we are talking about and it's known that our tastes differ.

BnHA=one of the most mainstream WSJ series that air prime time
NewType=the niche anime fan magazine only otaku have ever heard of.

those two just don't get along well.
Oct 8, 2017 3:40 AM
Sep 2013
TahZin said:
Is Fate/Apo really that much popular in Japan???

I know the Fate fandom is pretty huge, but outside Japan the Fate fans are almost shitting on the show with every new episode.

I guess it's a different story in Japan.

Among NewType readers?Yes.
Japan in general? Not really.
Oct 8, 2017 4:37 AM

Oct 2014
umashikaneko said:
Bourmegar said:
It pains me to see Rakugo Shinju not being on the list, AGAIN.
it pains me that no one here mentionned that, AGAIN.

But what surprised me the most is that Boku no Hero did not even get a mention on that list. (Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the series but it was pretty popular here).

Ow and no Spot for Morgana? (P5 the daybreakers).

But then again this is japan we are talking about and it's known that our tastes differ.

BnHA=one of the most mainstream WSJ series that air prime time
NewType=the niche anime fan magazine only otaku have ever heard of.

those two just don't get along well.

Then what is Attack on Titan s2 doing on the list? Is AoT also not one of the most popular Mainstream series of the current years?

And Rakugo is also extremely niche.

And if being mainstream = being bad than these newtype fans are just a bunch of hipsters.
Oct 8, 2017 4:45 AM
Sep 2013
Bourmegar said:

Then what is Attack on Titan s2 doing on the list? Is AoT also not one of the most popular Mainstream series of the current years?

And Rakugo is also extremely niche.

And if being mainstream = being bad than these newtype fans are just a bunch of hipsters.

The total of TV + DVR ratings of spring 2017 in Japan.Long runners such as One Piece are excluded.

1 My Hero Academia 4.65%
2 Shingeki no Kyojin 3.96%
3 Berserk 2.28%
4 Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend 2.19%
5 Kyoukai no Rinne 2.19%
6 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation 2.00%
7 Eromanga Sensei 1.99%
8 Natsume Yuujinchou Roku 1.89%
9 Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 1.70%
10 Atom: The Beginning 1.68%
11 Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul 1.65%
12 Clockwork Planet 1.57%
13 Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho 1.42%
14 Sword Oratoria 1.41%
15 Re: CREATORS 1.33%
16 Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine 1.24%
17 Warau Salesman New 1.21%
18 GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation 1.18%
19 Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? 1.18%
20 Alice to Zouroku 1.13%
21 Seikaisuru Kado 1.09%
22 ID-0 1.03%
23 Renai Boukun (Love Tyrant) 1.01%
24 Sakura Quest 1.00%
25 Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism 0.97%
26 Kabuki-bu! 0.92%
27 Little Witch Academia 0.91%
28 Sakurada Reset 0.91%
29 Tiger Mask W 0.87%
30 Tsugumomo 0.84%
31 Tsuki ga Kirei 0.77%
32 Uchouten Kazoku 2 0.75%
33 Frame Arms Girl 0.70%
34 Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai 0.64%
36 Fukumenkei Noise 0.62%
37 Starmyu 2 0.34%
38 Twin Angel Break 0.29%

http://m.timeon.jp/analytics/anime-2017sp/

I'm not saying being mainstream is bad among newtype readers but the new type readers are rather ''Anime Otaku'' and most normies have never heard of it while BnHA's popularity is similar to One Piece or Naruto type popularity, not really hyped among core fandom but calling them not popular in Japan is bullshit. This is especially true if you include manga readers.Reading WSJ is probably a lot more common than watching MHA anime in Japan anyway.

AOT audience is between One Piece and typical Late-night anime fans so it is not really surprising if it did well on NewType
Also rakugo shinju is not too niche within its context(late-night anime), most of late-night anime are adapted from much nicher manga/LN. And why rakugo shinju? I did not even mention it.

Spring 2017 TV + DVR ratings

1 Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 4.07%
2 3-gatsu no Lion 3.39%
3 Ao no Exorcist 2.74%
4 Gintama. 2.53%
5 Kuzu no Honkai 2.50%
6 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 2.25%
7 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation 2.08%
8 Demi-chan wa Kataritai 1.75%
9 Youjo Senki 1.72%
10 ClassicaLoid 1.67%
11 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 1.63%
12 Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon 1.52%
13 Urara Meirochou 1.42%
14 Seiren 1.34%
15 Masamune-kun no Revenge 1.27%
16 ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka 1.19%
17 Gabriel DropOut 1.15%
18 Sousei no Onmyouji (Twin Star Exorcists) 1.10%
19 Kemono Friends 1.08%
20 Onihei 1.07%
21 Tiger Mask W 1.05%
22 Little Witch Academia 1.00%
23 Tales of Zestiria the X 0.89%
24 CHAOS;CHILD 0.78%
25 Fuuka 0.76%
26 Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari 0.70%
27 ēlDLIVE (elDLIVE) 0.68%
28 Reikenzan 0.66%
29 Rewrite2 0.60%
30 Hand Shakers 0.58%
31 AKIBA’S TRIP -THE ANIMATION- 0.58%
32 ALL OUT!! 0.58%
33 Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel 0.57%
34 BanG Dream! 0.51%
35 Idol Jihen (Idol Incidents) 0.42%
36 Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori 0.41%
37 SUPER LOVERS 2 0.39%
38 Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu 0.34%
39 Ling Qi (Spiritpact) 0.24%
40 Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang 0.22%
umashikanekoOct 8, 2017 5:14 AM
Oct 8, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2017
The amount of awards Bungou Stray Dogs was nominated for makes me happy! :)
Oct 8, 2017 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
Kakegurui ? Hahahaa
Oct 8, 2017 2:30 PM
Oct 2013
Nice! Besides, some are missing, but, i liked anyway...
Oct 8, 2017 3:57 PM
Apr 2017
Congratulations to all but don't you all think My Hero Academia missed list ?
Oct 8, 2017 4:01 PM

Jan 2014
SAO number 1 !!! Haha get rekt kids

Also Bones as first and Kyoani so low, kinda surprising
Oct 8, 2017 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
Wow this is almost as pointless as the crunchyroll award...
Oct 8, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2017
Where's Boku no Hero Academia? :(
Oct 9, 2017 4:35 AM
Oct 2017
If this was the US, attack on titan and SAO would’ve won everything(I mean SAO pretty much did win just about everything in here but still)
Oct 9, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2017
Seeing this list give me brain cancer
Oct 10, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2016
SAO was the best anime movie this season? Over A Silent Voice? Over Kizu? Over No Game No Life?
What has the world come to...
Oct 10, 2017 6:28 PM
Mar 2012
BSD2 & kemonofriends got so many, good taste. KnK should be higher. The rest no comment... might try 2 on the list.
So recreators jp likes it but dislikes buying their discs...
Oct 10, 2017 11:32 PM
Apr 2016
Bungou Stray Dogs, Kemono Friends, Fate/Apocrypha, Re:Creators, Kakegurui, and Isekai Shokudou won an award? Yay! <3

Bones, MAPPA, ufotable, MadHouse, and Wit Studio also won? Even more yay! :D
MareepYayOct 10, 2017 11:35 PM
Oct 11, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2017
Japan at it again with the bizzare lists. SAO almost top everywhere, idk how they just don't get over the same shitty plot every time with these dull characters ffs. Like it bothers me even to take the damn animes name.
Oct 11, 2017 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
Gil- said:
SAO was the best anime movie this season? Over A Silent Voice? Over Kizu? Over No Game No Life?
What Has Japan Come To*. They have come to the point of taking another nuke.
Oct 11, 2017 8:27 AM
Jul 2016
EngravedinDeath said:
Gil- said:
What Has Japan Come To*. They have come to the point of taking another nuke.

Truest thing anyone has ever said.
Oct 11, 2017 4:34 PM
May 2015
Laughing so hard at all the comments complaining about SAO lol get over it , your bitching won't hurt SAO at all , its still going strong as always ,but gotta agree on just onepoint , i think Koe no katatchi and Kimi no nawa were better , Can't wait to watch SAO Alicization and SAO alternative :)
Oct 12, 2017 6:43 AM
Sep 2016
Thank you Japan.. Bingo stray dogs !
Re:CREATORS is like the most underappreciated anime this year so..thank you
1.1.Six
Oct 12, 2017 1:57 PM
Feb 2010
gophercg said:
BSD2 & kemonofriends got so many, good taste. KnK should be higher. The rest no comment... might try 2 on the list.
So recreators jp likes it but dislikes buying their discs...

BDs were awfully expensives, you had to pay some 6000 yen for 2 episodes iirc.
Oct 12, 2017 5:58 PM
Jul 2017
Geez. Yuri on Ice gets all the categories. -_-

Also, best male character this year is Levi?! He wasn't even in season 2 for more than 1% of the show!

And who the hell voted for Eromanga-sensei? XD!!!
Oct 12, 2017 7:40 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This gives the Crunchyroll awards a run for their money. Granted nothing here shocks me.
Oct 13, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2010
The only thing I like about this list is the fact that Sanosuke Oda made it to best male character list and Yuri!!! on Ice making best anime. Not really surprising about the seiyuus, but the rest of the results are pure bullshit honestly lol. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 15, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Creators, Isekai Shokudou, and Kakegurui? Awesome. :D Kind of wish Made in Abyss was also included, but oh well.

EngravedinDeath said:
Japan at it again with the bizzare lists. SAO almost top everywhere, idk how they just don't get over the same shitty plot every time with these dull characters ffs. Like it bothers me even to take the damn animes name.

Romandy said:

Also, best male character this year is Levi?! He wasn't even in season 2 for more than 1% of the show!

Roloko said:
The only thing I like about this list is the fact that Sanosuke Oda made it to best male character list and Yuri!!! on Ice making best anime. Not really surprising about the seiyuus, but the rest of the results are pure bullshit honestly lol. xD

Hm... I don't know. It's numerous comments like these that make me feel like people take lists too seriously these days. It's fine to disagree (I also disagree with some of the things here), but still... Well, I agree with Romandy about Levi though. It's pretty funny, since what she said is true. Levi barely appeared in the second season and he's one of the best males? Well alright then. ( ^_^ ')

JudoJD said:

I've seen most of the people love that one. Gets REALLY loud hate, but still. Pretty much like Kakegurui.

What I would say as the ones that are probably the most unappreciated of the season are either Isekai Shokudou or Princess Principal.
AmyTwoOct 15, 2017 10:30 AM
Oct 15, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2017
All these SAO fucks can be happy with a list made by a country which's favorite anime's are Love Live and Tiger n Bunny. If you have the capability to believe that SAO should be above Koe no Katachi and Your Name then there is no point here in speaking a single word, Even Kirito getting the #1 position for best male character, Where he does these dumb sh*ts without any explanation.
Oct 15, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
EngravedinDeath said:
All these SAO fucks can be happy with a list made by a country which's favorite anime's are Love Live and Tiger n Bunny. If you have the capability to believe that SAO should be above Koe no Katachi and Your Name then there is no point here in speaking a single word, Even Kirito getting the #1 position for best male character, Where he does these dumb sh*ts without any explanation.

Again, I do have disagreements, but it's not something to take that seriously imo, since that's just them and not me. Different tastes and amount of people liking the sort of thing over there than over here. There's no need to let it get to you that much.
Oct 15, 2017 10:39 AM
Sep 2016
AmyTwo said:
Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Creators, Isekai Shokudou, and Kakegurui? Awesome. :D Kind of wish Made in Abyss was also included, but oh well.

EngravedinDeath said:

Romandy said:

Roloko said:

Hm... I don't know. It's numerous comments like these that make me feel like people take lists too seriously these days. It's fine to disagree (I also disagree with some of the things here), but still... Well, I agree with Romandy about Levi though. It's pretty funny, since what he said is true. Levi barely appeared and he's one of the best males? Well alright then. ( ^_^ ')

JudoJD said:

I've seen a most of the people love that one. Gets REALLY loud hate, but still. Pretty much like Kakegurui.

What I would say as the ones that are probably the most unappreciated of the season are either Isekai Shokudou or Princess Principal.

Nah..but I do agree they are super underrated
The thing with Princess Principal and Isekai Shokudou is they were way less popular which let people they were meant for appreciate what was good about them so in their cases most of what people see is praise as they have people who get the heart of stories that were created

Re:CREATORS on the other hand (despite the original synopsis giving off its intent) was immediately downgraded to a Fate/Battle royale type series which is so far from its aim..Even the director had to clear up that it basically wasn't focusing on its battles.. It's basically a commentary on the highs and lows of the creative process as well as its impact on creators and their audiences.and unfortunately a lot of hate comes from it doing exactly what its meant to do rather than plainly being the edgy action story most other people seem to think it is so the beauty of the show was lost in pointless conversations about non-existent problems
(e.g You don't see someone who understands the point of steins;gate complaining about the characters discussing time travel...or heck same thing with the anime that's actually the closest to re:creators..Shirobako...you don't see complaints about how someone went 2 episodes without a fight scene in Shirobako)
This extended to the point where people who saw the intent of the anime and mentioned it were being maliciously shot down . If you've seen mother's basement video on it and read the comments you get what I mean..even though everything he said was stuff I had noticed before he made a video on it..It wasn't made up..that stuff is actually there but sigh...

There are so many aspects about Re:CREATORS someone can go into but the damage has been done already

The only problem Princess Principal faced was it was at first it was written off by some people as "looks like moe trash"..an opinion which didn't stick..the general response now is it's a really GREAT anime for what it's brought to the table

I know other shows like Sakurada Reset were downplayed like hell so I should change the statement to "one of"

Perhaps it's just me cause I see good stuff about like everything I watch plus I still enjoy watching anime and re:creators was what gave me that package written "this is about the stories you love"
so I guess I became salty over the lack of appreciation it got compared to other anime ..then again I have like zero taste in anime and just enjoy everything (aside from actually getting into anime like a year ago) so what do I know

TMI..but after seeing how re:creators got tossed to the sidelines.. I've gained a deeper appreciation for how toxic the anime community is... been so enjoying seeing shows certain people connect with and love being torn to SHREDS by everyone else who doesn't get it (thank you Black Clover for the entertainment lol),,The fan's despair!! It's amazing!! Someone somewhere knows the feeling XD
JudoJDOct 15, 2017 10:47 AM
1.1.Six
Oct 15, 2017 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
I will take a print out of this list.
Then, I will tear it into two pieces.
For the first piece, I will to my shit on it.
For the second one, I will wipe my ass with it.
Oct 15, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2017
AmyTwo said:
EngravedinDeath said:

Again, I do have disagreements, but it's not something to take that seriously imo, since that's just them and not me. Different tastes and amount of people liking the sort of thing over there than over here. There's no need to let it get to you that much.
I understand where you're coming from, But this time I couldn't hold back from japans fuckery, I was cool with most of the list (Even though I disagreed strongly with it), But the movie list got me good....Just couldn't hold back without writing a few lines.
Oct 15, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
JudoJD said:
AmyTwo said:

Hm... I don't know. It's numerous comments like these that make me feel like people take lists too seriously these days. It's fine to disagree (I also disagree with some of the things here), but still... Well, I agree with Romandy about Levi though. It's pretty funny, since what he said is true. Levi barely appeared and he's one of the best males? Well alright then. ( ^_^ ')

I've seen a most of the people love that one. Gets REALLY loud hate, but still. Pretty much like Kakegurui.

Nah..but I do agree they are super underrated
The thing with Princess Principal and Isekai Shokudou is they were way less popular which let people they were meant for appreciate what was good about them so in their cases most of what people see is praise as they have people who get the heart of stories that were created

Re:CREATORS on the other hand (despite the original synopsis giving off its intent) was immediately downgraded to a Fate/Battle royale type series which is so far from its aim..Even the director had to clear up that it basically wasn't focusing on its battles.. It's basically a commentary on the highs and lows of the creative process as well as its impact on creators and their audiences.and unfortunately a lot of hate comes from it doing exactly what its meant to do rather than plainly being the edgy action story most other people seem to think it is so the beauty of the show was lost in pointless conversations about non-existent problems
(e.g You don't see someone who understands the point of steins;gate complaining about the characters discussing time travel...or heck same thing with the anime that's actually the closest to re:creators..Shirobako...you don't see complaints about how someone went 2 episodes without a fight scene in Shirobako)
This extended to the point where people who saw the intent of the anime and mentioned it were being maliciously shot down . If you've seen mother's basement video on it and read the comments you get what I mean..even though everything he said was stuff I had noticed before he made a video on it..It wasn't made up..that stuff is actually there but sigh...

There are so many aspects about Re:CREATORS someone can go into but the damage has been done already

The only problem Princess Principal faced was it was at first it was written off by some people as "looks like moe trash"..an opinion which didn't stick..the general response now is it's a really GREAT anime for what it's brought to the table

I know other shows like Sakurada Reset were downplayed like hell so I should change the statement to "one of"

Perhaps it's just me cause I see good stuff about like everything I watch plus I still enjoy watching anime and re:creators was what gave me that package written "this is about the stories you love"
so I guess I became salty over the lack of appreciation it got compared to other anime ..then again I have like zero taste in anime and just enjoy everything (aside from actually getting into anime like a year ago) so what do I know

TMI..but after seeing how re:creators got tossed to the sidelines.. I've gained a deeper appreciation for how toxic the anime community is... been so enjoying seeing shows certain people connect with and love being torn to SHREDS by everyone else who doesn't get it (thank you Black Clover for the entertainment lol),,The fan's despair!! It's amazing!! Someone somewhere knows the feeling XD

Hm. That is true what you've said about stuff like Princess Principal and Isekai Shokudou. I guess I was more focused on how much attention that have compared to how much praise they get.

I never realized Re: Creators went through that much. That's such a shame. I mainly just go to wherever discussion, comment about what I've seen recently (which has mostly been enjoyable or some stupidly exaggerated comment I post at times at how much I am into whatever I'm watching. :P), and just leave. After reading your comment about it, it reminded me about what Kakegurui went through that I read about not long ago. There are numerous people that others like to call "gambling elitists", who take everything about it so seriously when it was never meant to be taken that much (like they call every little aspect very unrealistic like it's supposed to be realistic in the first place when it's not), and were disgusted with the series that they call the anime "terrible" when compared to works like Kaiji when it was never meant to be like Kaiji at all (plus Kakegurui's a shounen, with Kaiji being a seinen). Like for instance, quite a number of people call the series terrible due to the gambling aspect when there actually isn't anything wrong with the gambling, but that in actuality people call it terrible due to the gambling not being nearly as complex as Kaiji or having anywhere near as depth as Kaiji's, since they're all mainly short, ordinary gambling plays. I can definitely agree and understand that the gambling isn't as complex, but stuff like Kaiji isn't without major faults too (numerous ones that people complained that Kakegurui has, Kaiji actually has too), and the type of people say what they say about Kakegurui to the point of calling it a mockery in gambling in general even though there's mostly isn't anything (if not literally anything) actually legitimately wrong about it. It reminds me of numerous people calling other 2D fighters crap and a mockery of fighters just because it's not like Street Fighter. xD

I suppose it goes to show how toxic the anime community and so, so many fan communities in general are indeed. It's not like I actually mind negativity at all. There's a good amount I actually find valid or understandable (like regarding Black Clover, MANY people watching it being very annoyed with Asta's voice, which I am unfortunately annoyed with as well. It's not to the point of dropping it altogether or already writing up a negative review about it, but I can understand how they feel. I actually feel like I want to wait for the dub more and more. I also was recently disappointed with the second episode, but I still think that there's potential in the series), but stuff like people believing the directors/creators' intention of whatever series even when clearly shown otherwise sooner or later (if not outright from the get-go), all I can do is sadly smh.

Btw, it's not like I'm generally making myself look any better than anyone else, since we all have our own ways of expressing our opinions and dealing with other people's views, but yeah. Just being honest here.

EngravedinDeath said:
AmyTwo said:

I understand where you're coming from, But this time I couldn't hold back from japans fuckery, I was cool with most of the list (Even though I disagreed strongly with it), But the movie list got me good....Just couldn't hold back without writing a few lines.

I see. A shame that you feel that way though. Don't get me wrong that I actually do understand some of your gripes, like with what you've said about Kirito, but it's the kind of stuff that a ton people love to swallow up, which I can understand why even if I am not in the same boat.
AmyTwoOct 15, 2017 3:55 PM
Oct 18, 2017 6:06 PM
Aug 2015
Japan As Amusing as ever sword art online Kazuto Kirigaya #1 and Captain Levi ?? Pffftt...
Oct 28, 2017 6:35 AM

Jun 2016
This poll is broken
- Anything but SAO: Ordinal Scale is best film
- Anything but Fate/Apocrypha is best series
- Anyone but Kirito is best male character
- Anyone but Asuna is best female character
and for fuck sake, A-1 PICTURES ARE NOT SECOND BEST STUDIO, THEY ARE CANCER. CANCER IS FAR LESS DESIRABLE THAN KYOTO ANIMATION.

Though, I must say. Props to Tatsuki for getting third best director on the budget he was working with. He deserved first place though.
Nov 11, 2017 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
EngravedinDeath said:
AmyTwo said:

well some SAO otaku group do like abusing popularity poll like this, if you want to see the real popularity poll you should go for manga sales or TV animation ranking, From there you will see that SAO is nowhere to be found LMAO
Nov 11, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2017
Busujima_Saeko said:
EngravedinDeath said:

well some SAO otaku group do like abusing popularity poll like this, if you want to see the real popularity poll you should go for manga sales or TV animation ranking, From there you will see that SAO is nowhere to be found LMAO
SAO do normally get a lot of LN sales though, I do know that they get shat on, on the TV animation rankings though. Thats a + point atleast :P
Nov 11, 2017 8:02 PM

Sep 2017
How Made in Abyss dosnt make the list amazes me. Ehh oh well, cool to see Stray Dogs winnings some awards I really need to watch that.
Nov 12, 2017 6:38 AM
Jul 2015
Busujima_Saeko said:
EngravedinDeath said:

A LN series airing after midnight is not selling manga and its TV ranking are weak ? who would have thought that, If you want to see SAO popularity check how the movie did (2.5 Billion Yen in Japanese Cinemas)
Nov 25, 2017 6:26 AM

Apr 2013
Dab1za9 said:
Busujima_Saeko said:

A LN series airing after midnight is not selling manga and its TV ranking are weak ? who would have thought that, If you want to see SAO popularity check how the movie did (2.5 Billion Yen in Japanese Cinemas)

Only 2.5 billion? wow that was sad, even Gintama could get more then that.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - Yesterday

18 by Kirigakuya »»
2 hours ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by justanormi »»
9 hours ago

» 'Zatsu Tabi: That's Journey' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for 2025

Hyperion_PS - May 15

2 by smoothw »»
10 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
Yesterday, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.