Forums

Light Novel 'Eromanga-sensei' Gets Anime Adaptation [Update 3/13]

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 9, 2016 2:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Red_Keys said:
I can't wait for the totally unpredictable game-changer "we're not related by blood" twist. So that we can have incest that's not actually incest. Because it's easy to be edgy without actually being edgy.
That's already established from the beginning. Think of it as the author making sure that he can actually write the ending he wants this time around
Mar 9, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2007
HaXXspetten said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Why should there be a need for an "incest hype train" in the first place? I think it's a fair question to ask at the very least
Because... people evidentially like it? Otherwise it wouldn't sell like hotcakes. Not sure what there is to discuss here

You realize you're talking about a niche medium right? Quantity over quality that sort of thing. There's also plenty of popular stuff that doesn't require a "hype train" for it. It's obvious that it makes money , the question was why does incest need championing?

And if getting with the times means I have to speak in meaningless memes and forego any sort of independent thought I'd rather not. Kind of happy thinking and speaking for myself, more just trying to figure out why nobody else seems to be anymore
PeacingOutMar 9, 2016 3:43 PM
Mar 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
oh I remembered reading the manga not long ago, gonna keep an eyes for this one
Mar 9, 2016 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'm game. The manga thus far seems better than Oreimo.
Mar 9, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
inb4 hidaka rina will play as sagiri
Mar 9, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
Oreimo 2 uh? Count me in
Mar 9, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
new wincest anime announced lmao
Mar 9, 2016 11:07 PM

Sep 2014
Wohoo cant wait. Hopefully it's not sister route again.

Hmm I remember putting Sagiri as my wallpaper last year.
Mar 9, 2016 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
FANTASTIC NEWS
I am head-over-heels in love with this trashy LN already. I have been anticipating the day it would become animated. Such a happy news!
It's so much better than Ore Imouto in many ways. Especially the characters. I'm glad that the main heroine is not spoilt and annoying like Kiniro.

Saigiri is so cute and shy.
Her design is so cute, I love her long white hair with little pink ribbons.
She's a bit reclusive and has a weird perverse side and lesbian tendencies.
She's a good illustrator. I find her very relatable.

Elf is so pretty and I love her fashion style. She's rich and a bit vain. She loves fantasy so she tells people that she's an elf. She seems to think that her novels are the best in the world.
She's similar to the blonde from The Hentai Prince & The Stony Cat.

There are a few peripheral heroines but they're not the main two in focus.

The humour and story are very good and silly as well.
I'll be glad to see all the great fan-art, cosplay and doujins that this will produce. I live in Queensland so maybe should travel to Eromanga and cosplay as Saigiri and take photos next to the sign. There's a dinosaur museum there too.
Mar 10, 2016 7:20 AM
Dec 2015
Well, it is the same person who did the art for Oreimo, so this seems like it'll be a different version of it.
Hi
Mar 10, 2016 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Does anyone who has read the source material know if main loli is more annoying, as annoying, or less annoying, than Shit Tier Waifu Kirino? If she's not nearly as whiny as Kirino, I'll keep this on my PTW list.

The problem is that while I love the designs for this guy's series, Kirino is annoying as hell and one of the reasons why I put Oreimo on hold, though I initially dropped it. I just wonder if main Imouto here is on par with her irritating personality or not. She's 12, I'm kind of worried she's more annoying.
Mar 10, 2016 11:48 PM

Apr 2013
is it going to be as trash as oreimo?
Mar 10, 2016 11:58 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
dizzyur said:
Does anyone who has read the source material know if main loli is more annoying, as annoying, or less annoying, than Shit Tier Waifu Kirino? If she's not nearly as whiny as Kirino, I'll keep this on my PTW list.

The problem is that while I love the designs for this guy's series, Kirino is annoying as hell and one of the reasons why I put Oreimo on hold, though I initially dropped it. I just wonder if main Imouto here is on par with her irritating personality or not. She's 12, I'm kind of worried she's more annoying.
Sagiri is nothing like Kirino. She's much more of a dandere character

Can see a bit of her here:

That will most likely be her VA in the anime too btw
HaXXspettenMar 11, 2016 12:02 AM
Mar 11, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2015
>Oreimo 2.0

What did the anime community do to deserve this?
Mar 11, 2016 5:23 PM

May 2014
Well I enjoyed Oreimo so I bet this will be pretty good
Mar 12, 2016 5:28 AM
Apr 2011
Definitely on my "to watch" list.
Mar 12, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
If this will be anywhere near as entertaining as OreImo, I'm totally in. Especially if the little sister is actually likable this time >_>
Mar 12, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2016
I'm reading this before I watch the Adaption.. For the Manga readers, Is it good? I liked Oreimo(The ending's "meh") and this is from the same creator so.. yeah. I wanna hear your opinions on this.
Mar 12, 2016 10:27 AM
Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
dizzyur said:

Sagiri is nothing like Kirino. She's much more of a dandere character

Can see a bit of her here:

That will most likely be her VA in the anime too btw
Yes!! A laid back(probably) Imouto character.. Not that I hate Kirino though.
Mar 13, 2016 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
News Update
It was announced at Dengeki Bunko Spring Festival 2016 that the anime adaptation of Eromanga-sensei will be produced by Aniplex and animation studio A-1 Pictures. Sagiri Izumi will be voiced by Akane Fujita (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara.).

Source: Dengeki Online, Yaraon
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 13, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm... so Sagiri's voice actor is a new voice actor. I wonder if she is the same one who voiced Sagiri on that crossover with Oreimo.

Also, A-1 animates this? This is totally gonna be Oreimo-like.

I'm going down with any ship that is not Sagiri's ship. Just so that I can curse the author to pull another out of nowhere siscon ending.

Mar 13, 2016 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
Produced by A-1 Pictures? That's expected.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 14, 2016 2:45 AM

Oct 2012
DarklordVor said:
Hmm... so Sagiri's voice actor is a new voice actor. I wonder if she is the same one who voiced Sagiri on that crossover with Oreimo.

Also, A-1 animates this? This is totally gonna be Oreimo-like.

I'm going down with any ship that is not Sagiri's ship. Just so that I can curse the author to pull another out of nowhere siscon ending.

It's the same one.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 14, 2016 7:47 PM
Jul 2015
i've read the manga up to latest chapter translated

this pulls similar premise to oreimo with extra vapidness coming from its theme, light novel (LN in general is badly written)
1. you get an attention whore tsundere who boast on sales & she isn't a competitive
2. all they talk about LN is about erotic drawings instead of story structure (even if they did, is just rom-com
3. you get unbelievable lot if character that couldn't exist in real world (wish fulfillment S)
4. the absent of background exposition (maybe because i read the manga) makes it even worse, this author just kill MC parents for no reason & never even exposition it

if you already aware that oreimo is shit, this 1 amplifies it not to so bad its good, its so bad that i have no idea why any publisher want to continue this shit

outside of monetary i suppose

people call fushimi tsukasa have fetishes on little sister, i can guarantee you he/she's not, its about exploiting hijinks
Mar 14, 2016 10:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh boy, A-1 Picture doing this.
What a surprise. (Not)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2014
I have no plans on watching Oreimo at moment because of the whole incest, hopefully this doesn't go the same route.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by bastek66 »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Na Nare Hana Nare' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Nioxys - 4 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

27 by takkun_ »»
8 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

23 by rektatron »»
9 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Jun 9

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.