Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2009 4:18 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this series was mostly predictable, but i still liked it

i haven't read the manga but i get the feeling that this was an anime original ending.

loved that the ceremony was actually one to increase bust size, tho i have no idea why Karin would need it >.>

Anju getting her brother into trouble so that she could steal his dinner was priceless XD
Feb 5, 2009 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
Read the manga. it's so much better.

I loved the anime too but mainly because of the comedy. the manga is a lot more dramaful :)
Feb 14, 2009 2:28 PM

Jul 2008
Best.
Ending.
Ever.

Seriously, I really liked the ending for some reason. It was quite predictable, but still.
Apr 30, 2009 9:07 PM
Apr 2009
The ending was far from being great.
In the entire series, they (Karin+Kenta) didn't kiss, not even once. The only kiss in the anime (even though it was a dream), was between Karin and Winner.
I was expecting a kiss from Karin+Kenta at the end.
For me the ending ruined the entire show.
May 21, 2009 3:08 PM
Jan 2009
Uh, I'm confused. I really liked how the tension build up and then... ended with a nosebleed. Altogether, I laughed when the "serious" stuff turned out to be much less dramatic. On the other hand, the story was totally raped - I reckon that nothing really changed in their lives, didn't it (I mean, comparing with the last episode before the arrival of that V-vampire hunter)? The episode as a single one was one of the best, but as an ending - a complete failure.
Jun 22, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
It was good. The ending was much more happier for the anime than the manga since yeah...

Still, Kenta and Karin are able to be together, and everyone's happy.
Aug 12, 2009 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
Wonderful ending, the most hilarious that all Karin, her mother, father, brother and sister suck and injected their own 'attribute' Victor blood at once. That will makes Victor thinks positive. And now im still giggling of that moment.
May 31, 2010 7:31 PM
Feb 2009
ugh lol I was pretty darn sure they all died by Winner- kuns grandfather, and Karin berserk mode was like oO insane yoh and her first time biting Usui :P 8/10 for me great show and plot
Jun 4, 2010 4:55 AM
Mar 2008
This has been a great ride, but the last episode was really bad.
They all die and Karin was all lovey-dovey with Usui (a really shallow character... seriously, what the hell did he do in the entire series?).
Then they resurrect like nothing happened. Oh come on.
Jun 26, 2010 4:36 AM

Jun 2010
neoalexys said:
In the entire series, they (Karin+Kenta) didn't kiss, not even once. The only kiss in the anime (even though it was a dream), was between Karin and Winner.

I feel the same. I was just SO disappointed. Why don't they kiss !?
And Maki and Winner, we just don't know if they're actually dating or not !
What an end...
Aug 4, 2010 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
I wonder... does the does the Manga continue from of this moment...

Aug 4, 2010 12:34 PM

Jun 2010
Oh... It seems that the anime didn't follow the Manga.
-Roach-Aug 6, 2010 7:04 AM

Aug 12, 2010 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:
Oh... It seems that the anime didn't follow the Manga.

really ? I will read the manga end then. Thanks for sharing !
Oct 21, 2010 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
Enh. I like the fact that the family survived, but I'm not big on their explanation behind it. Couldn't they think of a better way to bring them back besides "lol jk"?
Oct 23, 2010 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
Zukin-Man said:
Enh. I like the fact that the family survived, but I'm not big on their explanation behind it. Couldn't they think of a better way to bring them back besides "lol jk"?

I think it's better this way. It wasn't a serious anime from the beginning so...

Also. I seriously don't get why so many people complain about lack of kissing in such anime.

Also 2, I loved that crowd of jealous women standing in front of Ren, and how Anju found them delicious. Hee hee.
Nov 23, 2010 10:58 PM

Sep 2010
Zukin-Man said:

I totally agree. Obviously Karin had a bit of a situation on her hands, but if I were in her shoes I'd be flipping out because my entire family was just massacred before my eyes. She even said, "But I thought you were dead!" like it was nothing. Not what I'd expect her to say given the circumstances.

I'm upset there was no kiss, but it didn't ruin the ending for me or anything. I still wish there had been one though >_>
Nov 30, 2010 2:23 AM

Nov 2010
Best possible ending that i could think of, But seriously a "Breast enlarging Ritual"?
Feb 20, 2011 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Man, I hope they remake this but follow the manga.
Mar 4, 2011 11:16 PM

Sep 2010
azmaty said:
neoalexys said:

I feel the same. I was just SO disappointed. Why don't they kiss !?
And Maki and Winner, we just don't know if they're actually dating or not !
What an end...

Just assume they are... Winner finally takes the effort to say Maki's name correctly. Still Karin and Kenta are together (altho they don't confirmed it-.-). I still would like see a kiss between Karin and Kenta and maybe with Maki and winner:) or they could do something like "10 years later" and you see their kids or something:P
Aug 19, 2011 11:37 PM

Mar 2011
To be honest, I was somewhat surprised by the way they ended it...although it was rather predictable through out. Probably would've dropped if it wasn't for the supporting charac. (Winner, Maki, and her family, kept me awake.) Too much unnecessary ecchi ... and what a 'BRILLIANT' resolution.
-this guy basically takes out a family of powered vampires but falls victim to some boobs. Wish Karin bit him to death instead.....NAHHH ONLY HIBARI COULD PULL THAT ONE OFF<3

-Not to be taken seriously...( 6/10 )
Oct 28, 2011 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
Well I'll say that I enjoyed this ending more. The whole family being fine after all that was pretty lol, but wasn't was random/stupid as how the manga wrapped up so still better.

Everyone doing alright (except maybe Ren). Though think Maki should aim for a guy who can actually remember her name :).
Jan 16, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2009
It was neither predictable nor great (well for me at least). In my opinion it was one of the lamest ending ever.
Jul 29, 2012 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
The wonders of youth... :)

I wasn't taking this anime seriously from the beginning so the ending didn't surprise me at all, nor did it bother me. Overall, it was a really fun watch from beginning to end. Surprised there isn't a second season to be honest. =p
funkotakuJul 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Aug 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Oct 2011
I realy liked this show alot ,i want to read the manga ,but i probaly will not because it seems to diffrent
Oct 29, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
Good ending I guess; but Karin and Kenta should have kissed damn it. I liked the part where Karin was sniffing Kenta's neck hehe sniff sniff and bite.
Nov 8, 2012 7:36 AM

May 2012
Finished some time ago, and i have to say, the manga is 100 times better.
In the anime, they added new characters, replaced characters, and even removed old characters. They also changed the story and the ending.
There are so many epic moments they just let go down the drain, there's also much more development between Kenta and Karin in the manga.
Go read the manga instead. ;)
Mar 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked the main pairing overall and was shipping it the whole time.

Also Maki x Winner. Perseverance my dear lol.

The ending was a bit cliche admittedly but it was satisfying enough. You would have to assume that the relationship would progress eventually.

It's bad though as I thought Fumio was the hottest throughout the entire show. Definitely a Grade A MILF XD.
Mar 16, 2013 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
My thought of the ending was, "okay, what the heck just happened?" The explanation of the family's sudden resurrection was not sufficient and satisfactory. "Vampires are more sturdy than humans?" Seriously?!

The lack of the awaited kissing scene didn't really bother me. I guess Winner is actually the winner for getting a kiss from Maki. lol.

And the effects of having your blood drank by vampires is just temporary. Hence, the vampire hunter will come back to get his vendetta once he is sane, so it's technically not over yet. Oh well. The ending sucked for me.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 13, 2013 11:47 AM
Aug 2012
im glad no one died tht wld have ruined the show but i wld have thought in eldas case after she was aparently dead he wld have disposed of the corpse not jst left it lol in any case im soso glad no one actually died that wld imediatly droped the show to a 1/10. the ceremony being for boobs was prtty funny so was karin allways tht op ? after being bitten when the bit heals dont the people revert to them selves so victor will be back to his vampire killin ways wld it not be more simple to delete all his memories or control his mind
Jul 28, 2013 2:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Foo. We already knew from Elda's arc that a stake in the heart wouldn't kill them, and many times we were shown just how rapidly wounds would heal. The only thing we were show that would kill them was exposure to sunlight, as demonstrated during Elda' arc when three vampires were executed, not by stabbing with stakes but by exposure to the sun. What I found curious was that Victor had believed he had actually killed them by stabbing and shooting them - I would have thought surely he would have known that would only disable them.

Whatever. I don't usually enjoy vampire themes but for the most part I thought it was a lot of fun and interesting. The only thing I didn't like was that Winner grated on my nerves every time he spoke, and even though I really liked Maki I doubt her sanity for falling for him.

I was fine with the ending. Though I would have liked to have seen Karin's parent drown Victor, maybe it says something that the vampires would be more forgiving than this human.
CratexJul 28, 2013 2:11 PM
Aug 29, 2013 9:37 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, and we are done. It was not bad to watch this after manga, at least I saw my favourite characters animated. But I have to say that second part of manga is a lot better and thought-out, plot-wise talking because every little details mentioned there has some hidden purpose. And manga also had some afterwords about events that happens to Kenta and Karin (and their daughter) in the future and I liked that better.

I don't like this "but-in-fact-we-are-not-dead-after-all" anime ending so much and as I predicted they even don't get rid of Karin blood explosion or touched the reason behind it. Vampire-hunter "boob-defeat"' was the worst, he should be killed for what he had done or turned vampire at least. The way it was I can't say I would marked this as satisfying.

So, in the end, it was sort of enjoyable but the ending was lame.

6/10
Jan 28, 2014 6:17 PM

May 2012
Dat plot xD well a pretty okey ending sad we didn't see a kiss between those two but in general it was still a quite lovely romance anime! Quite liked the overall concept and development! 7/10
Apr 24, 2014 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
My God A Freaking Twist!...They Did Not Die?!...I recalled This Anime having a VERY Different Kind of Vampire Facts...Like about their Smell or Sucking Blood Between Different Blood Affinity...But God My Mind Was Blown!...Elda Want's To Continue Staying Alive?!...Ugrh!!...Overall.........................................................8/10...I Enjoy Thoroughly...Until the very end...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 3, 2014 8:48 PM

Jan 2014
I wished they kissed here like in the manga and started dating...in here they're still shy with each other for their feelings...kinda suck...winner can still NTR Usui here...MAL should put shoujo tag in this anime...seriously...Karin only had a n episode date with this winner dude...it's so unfair even though Kenta is the main protagonist...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Dec 26, 2014 3:15 AM

Jul 2009
The show was great, but the ending was horribly executed. "Family member dies, shout their name loud". Instead of getting a mental breakdown, it seemed like she just didn't care that much about their deaths.

Still, it's great to see a light hearted ending
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jan 13, 2015 9:36 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm. Well I just finished this, and it was decent enough for basically being an anime original for 3/4 of the show, it was incredibly lackluster compared to the manga.

For those who were curious about what they did differently, but don't want to go through the manga:

If you didn't read the manga, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. You will not be disappointed.
Jan 31, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
Usui Kenta: boring character ever

last episode: 2/5
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Jan 31, 2015 7:42 PM
Dec 2014
shit ending
Feb 25, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2012
All the critics got butthurt by that ending, but personally, I liked it.

I'm not fond of excessive drama. I watch anime to relax after all. So it's always nice when a roller-coaster plot like this ends peacefully with a happy ending.

It was a nice comic relief in the plot twist that the ceremony was actually one to increase bust size.
Especially since Karin's the last person that'd need it. And also seeing Carrera rip up the book when they find out - seeing as Elda would've probably wanted to use it for herself too.
I'm kind of glad she didn't get to though - her DFC modest size suited her well.

Like the thread's OP, I agree that Anju getting her brother into trouble so that she could steal his dinner was priceless XD.
She must've had a feast on all that jealousy she caused.

Anju is irresistibly cute. Oh how I'd wish to be in Karin's position - just so I'd get to hug Anju all the time.
It's clear that Anju loves Karin more than anything and anyone else in the world.
If I had an imouto like that, I'd never let her go - all the other characters can just get lost.

NyaaFeb 25, 2015 1:12 AM
Jul 18, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
Quite an emotional episode. Sweet ending even though it was predictable!
Aug 20, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2011
not a bad anime at all. I really liked Karin.
could've been a sweeter ending but its ok.

Nov 8, 2015 2:20 AM
Jun 2015
Is it weird if every time she got a nosebleed I immediately thought "Dead end, Game Over" XDD
Nov 8, 2015 2:33 AM
Jun 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Hmmm. Well I just finished this, and it was decent enough for basically being an anime original for 3/4 of the show, it was incredibly lackluster compared to the manga.

For those who were curious about what they did differently, but don't want to go through the manga:

If you didn't read the manga, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

Oh My
*Adds manga to "To Watch List"*

Although, I am slightly hesitant: my least favorite endings are when memories are lost or where one character lives while another dies (Gokukoku no Byhildr, Plastic Memories, Tokyo Ghoul, almost Golden Time, almost Mirai Nikki, etc...)

I'm not sure I want to set myself up for an amazing ending that will make me depressed for the following three weeks ^^'
Mar 26, 2016 8:13 AM
May 2015
Everybody is dead and after few minutes everyone is alive. Possibly best ending as the story follows but this series could be a tragic anime too. Somehow I felt that there should be more Usui x Karin moments, they not even kissed. I'm now gonna read the manga, hope the story will be more dramatic and less comedic. It has many shortcomings including the fact that there was no explanation how the Maaka family members got alive after that kind of severe injuries, this leases to a question, are they immoral? Anyway, I love this anime a lot, happy ending, monster girl is in love with human boy is the best combo for me. A solid 9/10.
Jul 22, 2016 4:29 PM
May 2010
Anju best girl fo sho
Jul 31, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
I loved seeing Ren get busted by all his past ladies. The only thing I'd have liked to see in this finale would be the death of Winner (God, he's annoying). Otherwise it was a nice conclusion to a good show.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 25, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2009
.....Ren and Anju= perfect combo _xD
she makes everyone forget about how jealous they are and Ren can date them all over again _xD

-oh, he almost learned her name!

-all of the family members being shot and 'killed' was a pretty gruesome, unexpected sight..

even though it was an anime original ending, it wasn't bad, and ho-heck, i loved vampy Karin there when she had her wings, and her boobs grew three sizes that day _xD!

pretty okay anime, glad it's over, onto the next one .w.~!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 11, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2016
I liked it, overall 8/10. I honestly thought the grandma would stay dead though.
Jun 9, 2017 6:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
hirahira said:
Read the manga. it's so much better.

I loved the anime too but mainly because of the comedy. the manga is a lot more dramaful :)

I m hoping you are right because. Usui x Karin was really boring, I usually tend to ship the main cast from a series, but these two were easily overshadowed by more interesting characters like Anju (best imouto) and Elda (best granny ever).

Some scenes were really cute but for the most part I was not very invest in what was going on with them.

Apr 14, 2018 11:02 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this show. Wish some scenes were filled with more drama. Sometimes the comedy took me out of it. But overall, I enjoyed this series.

Also, Karin is one the cutest female anime characters ever!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karin Episode 9 Discussion

Flaecy - May 30, 2010

14 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:52 PM

Poll: » should a remake be made?

MariusDarkblade - Mar 10, 2011

4 by removed-user »»
Mar 25, 2023 10:55 AM

Poll: » Karin Episode 19 Discussion

babykeiji - Apr 2, 2008

14 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 5, 2022 10:48 PM

Poll: » Karin Episode 18 Discussion

Flaecy - May 30, 2010

14 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 5, 2022 6:47 PM

Poll: » Karin Episode 12 Discussion

Kucai82 - Aug 10, 2009

12 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 5, 2022 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.